Start by marking “A Dragon Forsaken: The Enchanted Island Series” as Want to Read:
A Dragon Forsaken: The Enchanted Island Series

A Dragon Forsaken: The Enchanted Island Series

In a world of mystery and magic, Daphne is unique.

Unlike her friends, who have awakened to the magic inside of them, Daphne was born with it. Daphne was born a Dragon.

When her past begins to resurface, forcing her into a web of lies and deception, she is forced to accept unexpected alliances and risk everything for the sake of love. Something that she swore she would never
Published August 25th 2011 by Createspace (first published March 17th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about A Dragon Forsaken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Dragon Forsaken

Stephanie
Mar 20, 2013 Stephanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
I received this book free from the author in exchange for an honest review actually as you may know I was given both in a read to review on Goodreads and after reading book one and knowing that this one was told from an alternate point of view form book one, I found that both exciting and a little refreshing. I get all the same characters but told through someone else's perspective that was a big plus for me. I must also mention the beautiful cover it drew me in a was perfect for the book, both ...more
Heather Kirchhoff
Wow. I loved this book as much as the first one. It's amazing. I was once again hooked from the beginning, and couldn't stop reading. I've had to tear myself away from the book several times since I started it yesterday, even though I really didn't want to. I can't wait to see what happens next!
Lee Mavin
Mar 23, 2013 Lee Mavin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is a great read. A fresh mixture of fantasy and adventure. Good sequel to A witches lottery!
Chasity
Mar 25, 2013 Chasity rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was definitely sucked into ‘A Dragon Forsaken’; it was an absolutely amazing read. I was first introduced to these characters in ‘The Witches Lottery’, the first book in the Enchanted Island Series. I really enjoyed that book and immediately fell in love with those characters. This book revolves around Daphne the dragon. Daphne was introduced in the first one but she played a very small role and I didn’t really gravitate towards her. This book however blew my mind.

Daphne has become my favorit
Brob
Mar 29, 2011 Brob rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok here’s the good stuff. The story was well written. The plot is very interesting and isn’t predictable. I felt like the logical points in the story were there but with a twist. I did not at all see the ending or some of the later events coming in this story. Kudos for surprising me.

The one negative thing I have is that, for me, Daphne was a really hard character to identify with and get into. I found this book to be not quite as easy of a read as The Witches Lottery. I think that happens in a
Aisha
The second book in the Enchanted island series is seen through the eyes of Daphne, the dragon. At first I found this rather annoying as I wanted more the story to continue from Sophia's point of view. However reading the story through Daphne made me like her character more. It was also necessary to make the plot line work.
Through the book you learn about Daphne's background, the history of her ancestors and you are able to understand the character more.
The story starts with her trying to find h
Pamela Todd
In A Dragon Foresaken, the second instalment in The Enchanted Island series, the story this times follows Daphne on her mission to find adopted sister, Anna.

Daphne is an orphan – hazards of being a dragon. As a child she bounced around foster homes, never settling long enough to make friends or any kind of connection. But then she met the Hensley’s and she thought she’d found a home. Until tragedy tore them apart.

On her travels to find Anna, Daphne makes a few odd alliances. A few beloved char
Alexis Villery
Jun 16, 2011 Alexis Villery rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Dragon Forsaken picks up where The Witches Lottery left off and we follow Daphni, the dragon, as she searches for her long lost sister, Anna. Daphni struggles because she is the only one of her kind has a secret that she must keep others from discovering for fear that they will see her as a monster. As the story progresses, Daphni discovers that things are not as she had once thought and she needs the help of her friends to save her life.

Although A Dragon Forsaken follows The Witches Lottery,
Kari
Jun 13, 2011 Kari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2011
A Dragon Forsaken is the second in The Enchanted Island Series. I wrote a review of the first one, The Witches Lottery, here. This one picks up pretty much where the first one left off. Daphne is on a search for her adopted sister, Anna. She is also a dragon, or at least has some of the characteristics of a dragon. I liked Daphne's character. She has had a tough life, without much love and acceptance and has always felt she was incapable of being loved. Through her search for her sister, she lea ...more
Janna Marie
Dec 22, 2012 Janna Marie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, ya-fantasy
A Dragon Forsaken is FIERCE, SUSPENSEFUL, & EXCITING. The book was full of moments that had me sitting on the edge of my sit, wondering what was coming. Many times, the book delivered shocking twists and turns in the book. It definitely kept me interested!

Daphne is officially one of my favorite book characters! She is beautiful, strong, honest and just plain kick-ass. Daphne projects herself as a tough-as-nails woman, though, has a refreshing soft spot. She remains fierce in her journey to f
Shauna Jacks
Apr 08, 2013 Shauna Jacks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story is book two of four. The first book followed Sophie and Drew as they were dumped into a world they knew nothing of. The second installment in this series follows Gianna. A rare and amazing young woman who, despite everything she has been through, follows her heart and tries to save her sister. She has lived life believing that she is not only incapable of love, but not worth loving. She follows lead after lead trying to save her sister, Anna. Along the way she gets help from Teagon, wh ...more
ILoveBooks
Jun 17, 2011 ILoveBooks rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The reader will appreciate all of the action and excitement this novel contains. The author crafts a wonderful story containing love, deceit, action, drama, and magic. The plot is very intriguing, the reader will be pulled into it immediately. The characters are very easy to like; however, Daphne, the main character, is the hardest character to identify with. Towards the middle of the novel, Daphne becomes easier to understand and enjoy. The action begins right in the beginning of the novel, the ...more
Curse of the Bibliophile
The second book in the enchanted island series is about Daphne and she is one heck of a character. Armed with a kick butt attitude and with a little help from her friends Daphne sets out to finds some answers about her past. She will soon realize that the one thing she has feared the most may be what she truly needs.
Daphne is such a great character because even though she has a tough exterior deep down she really is a sweetheart. The romance between Daphne and Teagon was so sweet especially at t
Natasha House
Mar 09, 2013 Natasha House rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A dragon forsaken is a captivating read.

In a dragon forsaken, Daphne, who is the only living dragon alive, goes on a quest to find her sister, Anna. Daphne has always been different, and with a haunting past she struggles with accepting love. A long the way in this story there is battles, fire, mad doctors, experiments, torture, terror, pain, and twists and turns. Krystal's characters really stand out to me in the fact that they face battles one after another. A few times I wondered how Daphne w
Natasha House
Apr 01, 2013 Natasha House rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A dragon forsaken is a captivating read.

In a dragon forsaken, Daphne, who is the only living dragon alive, goes on a quest to find her sister, Anna. Daphne has always been different, and with a haunting past she struggles with accepting love. A long the way in this story there is battles, fire, mad doctors, experiments, torture, terror, pain, and twists and turns. Krystal’s characters really stand out to me in the fact that they face battles one after another. A few times I wondered how Daphne w
Natasha Larry
Mar 21, 2011 Natasha Larry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the second installment of The Enchanted Island series, Krystal McLaughlin spins yet another, incredibly enchanting tale. Now we meet Daphne,who unlike everyone around her, was born with magic already inside of her. She happens to have been born a dragon. McLaughlin's world is very easy to fall into, and the story is full of lies, deception and an unexpected twist that forces Daphne to do something she swore she would never do.

The only reason I liked Witch's Lottery better was that it was a ta
Jaime
Jan 15, 2014 Jaime rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the series and focuses on Daphne the Dragon and her mission to find adoptive sister Anna. This book contained some very hearted breaking moments and some very sweet moments.

This was a fantastic book and the only downsides were a few errors that should have been picked by a proof reader and the constant use of the word drug instead of dragged.

All in all a fantastic second book in the series. Would totally recommend.
Kaila
Jan 04, 2014 Kaila rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this even more then the first one and the first book was very very good. I love dragons, so this was a plus. The action and excitement in the story rocks, the characters kept me interested and curious. The plot kept me wanting more. I recommend this to others and hope they enjoy it as much as I did.
Jill Thiry
The series continues with Daphne' s story. Through a perilous journey she becomes what she has always secretly coveted and finds an unexpected love.

A good read. The first book was more intriguing from start to finish, but this is certainly worth a read because everything comes together in the end and opens up a new realm of possibilities.
Annabel
Mar 21, 2011 Annabel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've wrote a review for this book on my blog! I loved this book and I can't wait for the next book to come out. If you want to read my complete review click on the link:

Krystal McLaughlin
Mar 19, 2011 Krystal McLaughlin rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Lana
Lana rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2012
David Hoyt
David Hoyt rated it really liked it
Dec 03, 2012
Eva
Jun 22, 2011 Eva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My complete review can be found on my blog.
Nedra Clingan
Nedra Clingan rated it liked it
Jul 27, 2013
Twinkle Varshney
Twinkle Varshney rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2013
Jennifer Herzberg
Jennifer Herzberg rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2013
Lizzie
Lizzie rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2011
S.C.Poe
S.C.Poe rated it it was ok
Feb 23, 2015
Shannon
Shannon rated it liked it
Mar 22, 2012