Start by marking “Why You're Dumb, Sick, & Broke: And How to Get Smart, Healthy, & Rich!” as Want to Read:
Why You're Dumb, Sick, & Broke: And How to Get Smart, Healthy, & Rich!

Why You're Dumb, Sick, & Broke: And How to Get Smart, Healthy, & Rich!

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  112 ratings  ·  18 reviews
This groundbreaking self-help book reveals the secrets of manifesting health, happiness, and prosperity in your life--but not in a way you've experienced before. Blunt, outspoken, and brutally honest, Randy Gage shoots down the forces that hold you back and keep you dumb, sick, and broke, and shows you how to take action to get smart, healthy, and rich.
Published September 1st 2006 by John Wiley & Sons (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Why You're Dumb, Sick, & Broke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why You're Dumb, Sick, & Broke

Zack
Eye opening, really. I appreciate his efforts. He has made a fine tool for those who wish to start thinking and get on the prosperity track. Just my opinion.
It gives you an idea of how brainwashed the normal guys are. I definitely liked the meme part. I'm included - some of the insights really made me uncomfortable and it took time and effort to see it from his perspective and at least try to grasp what he's trying to say. It's well written, don't get me wrong. The guy has a way with words. It's...more
Christine
Gage's book is a quick and thoughtful read. He breaks down the idea of creating prosperity that so many other books describe by using himself as the example of moving from lack to succes. One great thing about this book is that he is realistic about what type of training and time people would need to invest to create a passive stream of income. This is outlined and categorized in a helpful way. You may get offended by his Libertarian mode of thinking (which I recognized before he called it what...more
Lost In A Fog
Didn't do a thing for me. It seems like it mostly a lecture on why you're a pussy and the author isn't....
Deepak Chaudhary
this book is really is well worth reading. It will open your eyes to how your own beliefs and likes have been wrongly programmed into you and all this is attracting bad things and people are sabotaging and sacrificing themselves in order to stay true to stupid beliefs. I use to think that I shoyld not watch the news because it feeds negative views of the world to me and that I was some how better off for not watching it but through this book I saw that everything from popular movies, music, book...more
Leah Lambart
Revolutionized the way I think about being rich and how becoming rich changes the world for the better. Should be required reading for anyone who wants to be an entrepreneur or better their life.
Michelle
I don't know if this book can actually get you to Smart or Rich, but it can get you to living a healthier lifestyle...physically, mentally, and monetarily.

Gage doesn't preach mind over matter, but believes in the philosophy that the two have to work together for optimum results in one's life.

He offered up some good principles and tips that are easy to implement--if the reader really wants to.

It's definitely a book I want to purchase so I can go back in a remind myself of things when I'm feeling...more
David Feinstein
This book is certainly an eye-opener. Unless you are already rich and prosperous, you will find something in this book that will be of value.

This is the type of material that needs to be seen and read by everyone. At least, you will get exposed to a totally different view of the real world.

It might shock you awake from the life-long programming you receive from the media, government and religions. Randy's ranting is positive in tone and concise
Createpei
Excellent - while I don't agree with everything Randy suggests - I love that he challenges you to think outside of your box and your memes and think of things through a different lens. This is on my lists as a definite re-reread and will be purchasing this in book form as well!

"Your prosperity is not tied to the economy, your job, your education, your boss, or your past. It is here, now for you to manifest as YOU choose to." Randy Gage
Bruno Coelho
A fantastic book! One of the greatest minds of the personal development and success scene, Randy Gage writes about everything that causes impact on your life and what makes us poor, sick and broke. He invite us for a reflection about the food we eat nowadays, the style of work, the media and the mind virus (memes)and the negative programming we are exposed every day from these sources.
Tomas Wey
This is a phantastic book and a great surprise in the so called self help arena. Brilliant read. Provoking, stimulating, and touching on some of the most fundamental questions of human life. Refreshingly un-american but following through on some of the core american values. Here is someone with an authentic voice. No "herd talk".
Chris Lianos
Time to re-read a classic...

Now, I'm into self help and prosperity and all that, but this guys sets a new standard. I'm lucky enough to call him a friend, but let me tell you, he tells it to you straight and with both barrels. If you are SERIOUS about making changes to your life, this books is a must.
Vlad
Jan 19, 2014 Vlad rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Vlad by: Eindhoven
Shelves: self-development
Let's say I gave it 2 stars because of two or three interesting ideas. But all are superficial with no in-depth philosophy supporting them.
More to say, accesses the most superficial and "touchable" views upon a good life, a road to a good life. And nothing more.
Jenn
Very direct and in your face. Good stuff for self-reflection and personal development. It's an easy read also, I finished this one in two days.
Andrew William
An amazing book which makes you think of the way you do your daily routines and makes you move beyond the usual
E. Scott
Can't say I agree with everything Gage wrote here, but he had some good points none the less.
Martin Goldberg
A little disappointing. His new book, "Risky Is the New Safe" is much better in my opinion.
Григор
Great book. Better than i thought. Really make you think about everything.
Liliana
Liliana marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Chad
Chad marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Dakata Gospodinov
Dakata Gospodinov marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2014
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Panta Rhei
Panta Rhei marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Kari
Kari marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Randy Gage has been called “the Millionaire Messiah” because he believes that you are meant to be rich, and it is a sin to be poor! Through his prosperity workshops, books and CDs, he travels the world teaching that health, happiness, and wealth are possible for all who desire it. Randy reveals how to harness the power of thought and intention to manifest success in all areas of your life.
More about Randy Gage...
Risky Is the New Safe: The Rules Have Changed... a Rock Opera Making the First Circle Work: The Foundation for Duplication in Network Marketing How to Build a Multi-Level Marketing Machine Accept Your Abundance The 7 Spiritual Laws of Prosperity