Start by marking “Why You're Dumb, Sick, & Broke: And How to Get Smart, Healthy, & Rich!” as Want to Read:
Why You're Dumb, Sick, & Broke: And How to Get Smart, Healthy, & Rich!

Why You're Dumb, Sick, & Broke: And How to Get Smart, Healthy, & Rich!

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  196 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
This groundbreaking self-help book reveals the secrets of manifesting health, happiness, and prosperity in your life, but not in a way you've experienced before. Blunt, outspoken, and brutally honest, Randy Gage shoots down the forces that hold you back and keep you dumb, sick, and broke, and shows you how to take action to get smart, healthy, and rich.
Published September 1st 2006 by John Wiley & Sons (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Why You're Dumb, Sick, & Broke, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why You're Dumb, Sick, & Broke

Zack
Sep 18, 2013 Zack rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adiemus-project
Eye opening, really. I appreciate his efforts. He has made a fine tool for those who wish to start thinking and get on the prosperity track. Just my opinion.
It gives you an idea of how brainwashed the normal guys are. I definitely liked the meme part. I'm included - some of the insights really made me uncomfortable and it took time and effort to see it from his perspective and at least try to grasp what he's trying to say. It's well written, don't get me wrong. The guy has a way with words. It's
Christine
Jan 13, 2012 Christine rated it really liked it
Gage's book is a quick and thoughtful read. He breaks down the idea of creating prosperity that so many other books describe by using himself as the example of moving from lack to succes. One great thing about this book is that he is realistic about what type of training and time people would need to invest to create a passive stream of income. This is outlined and categorized in a helpful way. You may get offended by his Libertarian mode of thinking (which I recognized before he called it what ...more
Lost In A Fog
Feb 28, 2008 Lost In A Fog rated it did not like it
Shelves: self-help
Didn't do a thing for me. It seems like it mostly a lecture on why you're a pussy and the author isn't....
Deepak Chaudhary
Aug 08, 2011 Deepak Chaudhary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommended
this book is really is well worth reading. It will open your eyes to how your own beliefs and likes have been wrongly programmed into you and all this is attracting bad things and people are sabotaging and sacrificing themselves in order to stay true to stupid beliefs. I use to think that I shoyld not watch the news because it feeds negative views of the world to me and that I was some how better off for not watching it but through this book I saw that everything from popular movies, music, book ...more
Michelle
Apr 28, 2008 Michelle rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I don't know if this book can actually get you to Smart or Rich, but it can get you to living a healthier lifestyle...physically, mentally, and monetarily.

Gage doesn't preach mind over matter, but believes in the philosophy that the two have to work together for optimum results in one's life.

He offered up some good principles and tips that are easy to implement--if the reader really wants to.

It's definitely a book I want to purchase so I can go back in a remind myself of things when I'm feeling
Derrick Lord
Aug 09, 2015 Derrick Lord rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very well done ... especially the value of Critical Thinking!
David Feinstein
Mar 07, 2009 David Feinstein rated it it was amazing
This book is certainly an eye-opener. Unless you are already rich and prosperous, you will find something in this book that will be of value.

This is the type of material that needs to be seen and read by everyone. At least, you will get exposed to a totally different view of the real world.

It might shock you awake from the life-long programming you receive from the media, government and religions. Randy's ranting is positive in tone and concise
Leah Lambart
Sep 25, 2014 Leah Lambart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Revolutionized the way I think about being rich and how becoming rich changes the world for the better. Should be required reading for anyone who wants to be an entrepreneur or better their life.
Createpei
Excellent - while I don't agree with everything Randy suggests - I love that he challenges you to think outside of your box and your memes and think of things through a different lens. This is on my lists as a definite re-reread and will be purchasing this in book form as well!

"Your prosperity is not tied to the economy, your job, your education, your boss, or your past. It is here, now for you to manifest as YOU choose to." Randy Gage
Bruno Coelho
Mar 09, 2009 Bruno Coelho rated it it was amazing
A fantastic book! One of the greatest minds of the personal development and success scene, Randy Gage writes about everything that causes impact on your life and what makes us poor, sick and broke. He invite us for a reflection about the food we eat nowadays, the style of work, the media and the mind virus (memes)and the negative programming we are exposed every day from these sources.
Tomas Wey
Aug 02, 2013 Tomas Wey rated it it was amazing
This is a phantastic book and a great surprise in the so called self help arena. Brilliant read. Provoking, stimulating, and touching on some of the most fundamental questions of human life. Refreshingly un-american but following through on some of the core american values. Here is someone with an authentic voice. No "herd talk".
Chris Lianos
Apr 03, 2009 Chris Lianos rated it it was amazing
Time to re-read a classic...

Now, I'm into self help and prosperity and all that, but this guys sets a new standard. I'm lucky enough to call him a friend, but let me tell you, he tells it to you straight and with both barrels. If you are SERIOUS about making changes to your life, this books is a must.
Vlad
Jan 19, 2014 Vlad rated it it was ok
Recommended to Vlad by: Eindhoven
Shelves: self-development
Let's say I gave it 2 stars because of two or three interesting ideas. But all are superficial with no in-depth philosophy supporting them.
More to say, accesses the most superficial and "touchable" views upon a good life, a road to a good life. And nothing more.
Jenn
Aug 24, 2014 Jenn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very direct and in your face. Good stuff for self-reflection and personal development. It's an easy read also, I finished this one in two days.
Ana Reinhard
Oct 15, 2015 Ana Reinhard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
A truly inspiring book. It not only talk about success and how to make room for it, but also inspires you to question everything you know.
Andrew William
Jul 05, 2014 Andrew William rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing book which makes you think of the way you do your daily routines and makes you move beyond the usual
E. Scott Harvey
Sep 04, 2012 E. Scott Harvey rated it liked it
Can't say I agree with everything Gage wrote here, but he had some good points none the less.
Martin Goldberg
Mar 31, 2013 Martin Goldberg rated it liked it
Shelves: business
A little disappointing. His new book, "Risky Is the New Safe" is much better in my opinion.
Григор
Jun 30, 2012 Григор rated it really liked it
Great book. Better than i thought. Really make you think about everything.
عماد
عماد marked it as to-read
May 26, 2016
Payden Miller
Payden Miller marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Charles Warner
Charles Warner marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Keith Abell
Keith Abell marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Karl-Anders Lundeen
Karl-Anders Lundeen marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Robert
Robert rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2016
Ali
Ali rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2016
Mistymac
Mistymac marked it as to-read
May 09, 2016
  • You Were Born Rich: Now You Can Discover And Develop Those Riches
  • Richest Man in Babylon and The Magic Story
  • Seven Years to Seven Figures: The Fast-Track Plan to Becoming a Millionaire
  • 177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class: The Thought Processes, Habits and Philosophies of the Great Ones
  • The Little Red Book of Wisdom
  • Coach: The A. L. Williams Story
  • The Game of Numbers
  • Business Secrets from the Bible: Spiritual Success Strategies for Financial Abundance
  • Dare to Serve: How to Drive Superior Results by Serving Others
  • Success Is Not an Accident: Change Your Choices; Change Your Life
  • Whatever the Cost: Facing Your Fears, Dying to Your Dreams, and Living Powerfully
  • The 45 Second Presentation That Will Change Your Life
  • Retire Inspired: It's Not an Age, It's a Financial Number
  • Resolved: 13 Resolutions for LIFE
  • The Cambridge Handbook of Expertise and Expert Performance
  • The Challenge to Succeed
  • Toughen Up!
  • Building an Empire:The Most Complete Blueprint to Building a Massive Network Marketing Business
Randy Gage has been called “the Millionaire Messiah” because he believes that you are meant to be rich, and it is a sin to be poor! Through his prosperity workshops, books and CDs, he travels the world teaching that health, happiness, and wealth are possible for all who desire it. Randy reveals how to harness the power of thought and intention to manifest success in all areas of your life.
More about Randy Gage...

“Nothing will infect you with a negative view of the world faster than hanging around people with harmful belief systems.” 0 likes
“If everyone had their own happiness as a foundational value, and acted on principles that enabled them to be truly happy, what a wonderful world it would be!” 0 likes