Start by marking “The First Faux Pas (Lora Weaver Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
The First Faux Pas (Lora Weaver Mystery, #1)

The First Faux Pas (Lora Weaver Mystery #1)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  12 reviews
When Lora Weaver relocates from New York to her boyfriend’s hometown of Montreal, she expects to find a touch of Paris in North America—cobblestone streets, sidewalk cafés, fabulous shopping, and a little joie de vivre. Not dangerous liaisons. But, when she takes a job at a PI agency owned by a French brother and sister team, her life takes on more twists and turns than a ...more
ebook
Published (first published August 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The First Faux Pas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Faux Pas

Pattycake
I had never heard of Ms Leen until a friend gifted me this book. What a fun treat. Like a cupcake with pink frosting!

Nancy
Mar 25, 2012 Nancy added it
Vicki Seldon
Aug 15, 2012 Vicki Seldon rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Stephanie Plum
Shelves: mysteries
This was a smidgen above the quality of the few other "chick-lit mysteries" I have read this summer. A few things helped me stay with the tale and mitigated the annoyance I feel with the literary ticks of this sub-genre. It was set in Montreal, a city I have always wanted to visit and I was reassured that I've retained enough French to follow the brief snippets of dialogue. The heroine, although bumbling in the way the inexperienced detectives in these books always are, was offset by her much mo ...more
Shirley Horsburgh
I totally enjoyed this book.Stayed up late finishing it.Having lived for 2yrs in Montreal I could identify with some landmarks.The characters worked well together as PI's & the "Puddles" character was interesting as a deadbeat Dad. I'm going to look for the next book in this series.
Les Wolfrick
This book simply gets hold of you and does not let go until you finish it to the last word. Fast paced, easy read, full of humour and great characters. Lora the main heroine is so alive that one feels right beside her in her various encounters.
The book is for relaxing, for the beach, for traveling on the train or airplane, for a quiet afternoon at home. Just to have fun and enjoyment.
I can hardly wait for the second book in the series.
DO READ IT AND HAVE FUN!
Susan
I love this series. From Lora to her Canadian friends, these books hold your interest. They are suspenseful as well as interesting in describing how an American feels living just north of the border of the US where French is the spoken language.
Ann Ruffo
takes place in Montreal
Roberta G
I bought Leen's book when someone said she was "Evanovich-like." (Well, GOOD-Evanvovich-like.) She is.

FFP is tight, smart, and fun. The characters are charming, the location is sexy, and the plotting is damn fine for a first-time author.

I particularly like Camille and her brother. Leen could easily spin them out into their own series.

Silvercross313
I enjoyed this book. It's fun and light chick lit, but the characters were real and I enjoyed getting to know them. The mystery itself was interesting and kept me turning pages. I also loved the French words interspersed through the book. As someone who knows beginning French, it was fun to see if I understood the words being used.
Sara
Sep 01, 2012 Sara rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: quit
I gave up reading this book, I was 3/4 of the way through it, and that took MONTHS to get through before I finally couldn't take it anymore. It was just, boring.
Karen
this a good mystery book, i enjoyed the read and will look out for other titles by this author..x
Lauren
Lauren is currently reading it
Dec 05, 2014
Mandi Smith
Mandi Smith marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Jodie
Jodie marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Marion
Marion added it
Oct 23, 2014
Sharon Hoefert
Sharon Hoefert marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Monique Peterson
Monique Peterson marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Jeanne Lamb-Carlin
Jeanne Lamb-Carlin marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Elena
Elena marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Sarah williams
Sarah williams marked it as to-read
Krys
Krys marked it as to-read
Jesamarie Acosido
Jesamarie Acosido marked it as to-read
Magdalena
Magdalena marked it as to-read
Robert Druce
Robert Druce marked it as to-read
  • Don't You Remember?
  • Raspberry Crush
  • Rise of the Deva'shi: A Chronicle of Parthalan
  • No Substitute for Murder
  • I'll Have Who She's Having
  • Switched, Bothered and Bewildered
  • My Perfect Wedding (Helen Grey, #2)
  • Wedlocked
  • 1923: A Memoir: Lies and Testaments
  • Lucky Charm
  • Short Stories From 1929 (The 1929 Series)
  • Love on Landing (Meadow Ridge, #2)
  • The Swiss Courier
  • The Forever Stone
  • Bounty
  • The House
  • Dying for a Change
  • Buckminster's Ball
Katy Leen grew up on baguette and chocolate milk in a house full of pets and books. She writes the Lora Weaver mysteries and is currently working on the next book in the series.

Check out http://katyleen.com/ to learn more about Katy.
More about Katy Leen...
The Pas de Deux (Lora Weaver Mystery, #2) The Nearly Nixed Noël (Lora Weaver Mystery, #1.5) The Lora Weaver Mysteries Bundle (book 1, book 2, & bonus holiday mini-mystery!)