Start by marking “The First Faux Pas (Lora Weaver Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
The First Faux Pas (Lora Weaver Mystery, #1)

The First Faux Pas (Lora Weaver Mystery #1)

When Lora Weaver relocates from New York to her boyfriend’s hometown of Montreal, she expects to find a touch of Paris in North America—cobblestone streets, sidewalk cafés, fabulous shopping, and a little joie de vivre. Not dangerous liaisons. But, when she takes a job at a PI agency owned by a French brother and sister team, her life takes on more twists and turns than a ...more
Published (first published August 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The First Faux Pas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Faux Pas

Mar 25, 2012 Nancy added it
Vicki Seldon
Aug 15, 2012 Vicki Seldon rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Stephanie Plum
Shelves: mysteries
This was a smidgen above the quality of the few other "chick-lit mysteries" I have read this summer. A few things helped me stay with the tale and mitigated the annoyance I feel with the literary ticks of this sub-genre. It was set in Montreal, a city I have always wanted to visit and I was reassured that I've retained enough French to follow the brief snippets of dialogue. The heroine, although bumbling in the way the inexperienced detectives in these books always are, was offset by her much mo ...more
Apr 01, 2012 Pattycake rated it really liked it
I had never heard of Ms Leen until a friend gifted me this book. What a fun treat. Like a cupcake with pink frosting!

First of all - this book was received through the Goodreads Giveaway- thank you to the author for providing me with this novel in exchange for an honest review!

What i liked:
The heroine was quirky and fun, however a bit ditzy at times. The mystery was intriguing at the beginning. I liked Camille and Laurent (especially Laurent!!) and would like to know/read more about them in the future. I loved that the story takes place in Montreal. Good writing style.

What i didn't like:
The mystery seemed to
Shirley Horsburgh
I totally enjoyed this book.Stayed up late finishing it.Having lived for 2yrs in Montreal I could identify with some landmarks.The characters worked well together as PI's & the "Puddles" character was interesting as a deadbeat Dad. I'm going to look for the next book in this series.
Les Wolfrick
Jan 15, 2014 Les Wolfrick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book simply gets hold of you and does not let go until you finish it to the last word. Fast paced, easy read, full of humour and great characters. Lora the main heroine is so alive that one feels right beside her in her various encounters.
The book is for relaxing, for the beach, for traveling on the train or airplane, for a quiet afternoon at home. Just to have fun and enjoyment.
I can hardly wait for the second book in the series.
Feb 10, 2014 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series. From Lora to her Canadian friends, these books hold your interest. They are suspenseful as well as interesting in describing how an American feels living just north of the border of the US where French is the spoken language.
Sep 08, 2016 Deb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-romance
It's a good start to the series although it's not serious reading. It's a nice read for summer, nothing heavy and easy to finish. I like the New York and French Canadian mix. It's a pleasant change of pace.
Jul 31, 2015 Jessie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book.

This book has plenty of action and even some good laughs. I loved the characters and settings. I would definitely recommend this book to all my friends and family.
Jun 03, 2016 Nile rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grabbed this on a Goodread's giveaway! ;)

This is a great exceptional read....loved it!
And written by an exceptional writer...Thanks!
Ann Ruffo
takes place in Montreal
Roberta G
Dec 11, 2011 Roberta G rated it it was amazing
I bought Leen's book when someone said she was "Evanovich-like." (Well, GOOD-Evanvovich-like.) She is.

FFP is tight, smart, and fun. The characters are charming, the location is sexy, and the plotting is damn fine for a first-time author.

I particularly like Camille and her brother. Leen could easily spin them out into their own series.

I enjoyed this book. It's fun and light chick lit, but the characters were real and I enjoyed getting to know them. The mystery itself was interesting and kept me turning pages. I also loved the French words interspersed through the book. As someone who knows beginning French, it was fun to see if I understood the words being used.
Janine Barltrop
Fun little read.
Apr 01, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
this a good mystery book, i enjoyed the read and will look out for other titles by this author..x
Mary Ellis
Mary Ellis marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2016
Emily rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2016
Anne Harris
Anne Harris marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2016
Maisha is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2016
wanda m langley
wanda m langley marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Jen is currently reading it
Sep 08, 2016
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2016
Nicola marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Geralyn marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Sonja marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Missy Morgan
Missy Morgan rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2016
Pauline rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Karen marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
  • Louisiana Plantation Collection - Boxed Set
  • Beyond Parallel
  • Buried Pasts
  • Again
  • Evie Ever After (Chameleon Chronicles, #3)
  • Wellesley Wives
  • Snoops in the City
  • Lady Northam's Wicked Surrender
Katy Leen grew up on baguette and chocolate milk in a house full of pets and books. She writes the Lora Weaver mysteries and is currently working on the next book in the series.

Follow at or pop by to learn more about Katy.
More about Katy Leen...

Lora Weaver Mystery (2 books)
  • The Pas de Deux (Lora Weaver Mystery, #2)