The First Faux Pas (Lora Weaver Mystery, #1)

The First Faux Pas (Lora Weaver Mystery #1)

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When Lora Weaver relocates from New York to her boyfriend’s hometown of Montreal, she expects to find a touch of Paris in North America—cobblestone streets, sidewalk cafés, fabulous shopping, and a little joie de vivre. Not dangerous liaisons. But, when she takes a job at a PI agency owned by a French brother and sister team, her life takes on more twists and turns than a...more
ebook
Published (first published August 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The First Faux Pas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Faux Pas

Pattycake
I had never heard of Ms Leen until a friend gifted me this book. What a fun treat. Like a cupcake with pink frosting!

Nancy
Mar 25, 2012 Nancy added it
Vicki Seldon
Aug 15, 2012 Vicki Seldon rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Stephanie Plum
Shelves: mysteries
This was a smidgen above the quality of the few other "chick-lit mysteries" I have read this summer. A few things helped me stay with the tale and mitigated the annoyance I feel with the literary ticks of this sub-genre. It was set in Montreal, a city I have always wanted to visit and I was reassured that I've retained enough French to follow the brief snippets of dialogue. The heroine, although bumbling in the way the inexperienced detectives in these books always are, was offset by her much mo...more
Les Wolfrick
This book simply gets hold of you and does not let go until you finish it to the last word. Fast paced, easy read, full of humour and great characters. Lora the main heroine is so alive that one feels right beside her in her various encounters.
The book is for relaxing, for the beach, for traveling on the train or airplane, for a quiet afternoon at home. Just to have fun and enjoyment.
I can hardly wait for the second book in the series.
DO READ IT AND HAVE FUN!
Susan Berkowitz
I love this series. From Lora to her Canadian friends, these books hold your interest. They are suspenseful as well as interesting in describing how an American feels living just north of the border of the US where French is the spoken language.
Roberta G
I bought Leen's book when someone said she was "Evanovich-like." (Well, GOOD-Evanvovich-like.) She is.

FFP is tight, smart, and fun. The characters are charming, the location is sexy, and the plotting is damn fine for a first-time author.

I particularly like Camille and her brother. Leen could easily spin them out into their own series.

Silvercross313
I enjoyed this book. It's fun and light chick lit, but the characters were real and I enjoyed getting to know them. The mystery itself was interesting and kept me turning pages. I also loved the French words interspersed through the book. As someone who knows beginning French, it was fun to see if I understood the words being used.
Sara
Sep 01, 2012 Sara rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: quit
I gave up reading this book, I was 3/4 of the way through it, and that took MONTHS to get through before I finally couldn't take it anymore. It was just, boring.
Karen
this a good mystery book, i enjoyed the read and will look out for other titles by this author..x
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Sarah williams
Sarah williams marked it as to-read
Krys
Krys marked it as to-read
Jesamarie Acosido
Jesamarie Acosido marked it as to-read
Magdalena
Magdalena marked it as to-read
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Robert Druce
Robert Druce marked it as to-read
Jennette
Jennette marked it as to-read
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Trish Hodnett
Trish Hodnett marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Steve Szabo
Steve Szabo marked it as to-read
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
LouAnn
LouAnn marked it as to-read
Hexe
Hexe marked it as to-read
Marissa Buffett
Marissa Buffett marked it as to-read
Rosemary
Rosemary marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Katy Leen grew up on baguette and chocolate milk in a house full of pets and books. She writes the Lora Weaver mysteries and is currently working on the next book in the series.

Check out http://katyleen.com/ to learn more about Katy.
More about Katy Leen...
The Pas de Deux (Lora Weaver Mystery, #2) The Nearly Nixed Noël (Lora Weaver Mystery, #1.5) The Lora Weaver Mysteries Bundle (book 1, book 2, & bonus holiday mini-mystery!)