The First Faux Pas (Lora Weaver Mystery, #1)

The First Faux Pas (Lora Weaver Mystery #1)

3.43 of 5 stars 3.43  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  10 reviews
When Lora Weaver relocates from New York to her boyfriend’s hometown of Montreal, she expects to find a touch of Paris in North America—cobblestone streets, sidewalk cafés, fabulous shopping, and a little joie de vivre. Not dangerous liaisons. But, when she takes a job at a PI agency owned by a French brother and sister team, her life takes on more twists and turns than a...more
ebook
Published (first published August 28th 2011)

Win a Copy of This Book

• The First Faux Pas by Katy Leen
    The First Faux Pas (Lora Weaver Mystery #1)
    Five signed copies up for grabs!

Enter to win one of the first print editions from the Lora Weaver Mystery series--capers with romance and a touch of F…more
    Giveaway dates: Jun 29 - Aug 31, 2014
    5 copies available, 322 people requesting
    Countries available: US, CA, and GB
  • Friend Reviews

Pattycake
    I had never heard of Ms Leen until a friend gifted me this book. What a fun treat. Like a cupcake with pink frosting!

Nancy
    Mar 25, 2012 Nancy added it
    Vicki Seldon
    Aug 15, 2012 Vicki Seldon rated it 3 of 5 stars
    Recommends it for: Fans of Stephanie Plum
    Shelves: mysteries
    This was a smidgen above the quality of the few other "chick-lit mysteries" I have read this summer. A few things helped me stay with the tale and mitigated the annoyance I feel with the literary ticks of this sub-genre. It was set in Montreal, a city I have always wanted to visit and I was reassured that I've retained enough French to follow the brief snippets of dialogue. The heroine, although bumbling in the way the inexperienced detectives in these books always are, was offset by her much mo...more
    Les Wolfrick
    This book simply gets hold of you and does not let go until you finish it to the last word. Fast paced, easy read, full of humour and great characters. Lora the main heroine is so alive that one feels right beside her in her various encounters.
    The book is for relaxing, for the beach, for traveling on the train or airplane, for a quiet afternoon at home. Just to have fun and enjoyment.
    I can hardly wait for the second book in the series.
    DO READ IT AND HAVE FUN!
    Susan Berkowitz
    I love this series. From Lora to her Canadian friends, these books hold your interest. They are suspenseful as well as interesting in describing how an American feels living just north of the border of the US where French is the spoken language.
    Roberta G
    I bought Leen's book when someone said she was "Evanovich-like." (Well, GOOD-Evanvovich-like.) She is.

FFP is tight, smart, and fun. The characters are charming, the location is sexy, and the plotting is damn fine for a first-time author.

I particularly like Camille and her brother. Leen could easily spin them out into their own series.

Silvercross313
    I enjoyed this book. It's fun and light chick lit, but the characters were real and I enjoyed getting to know them. The mystery itself was interesting and kept me turning pages. I also loved the French words interspersed through the book. As someone who knows beginning French, it was fun to see if I understood the words being used.
    Sara
    Sep 01, 2012 Sara rated it 1 of 5 stars
    Shelves: quit
    I gave up reading this book, I was 3/4 of the way through it, and that took MONTHS to get through before I finally couldn't take it anymore. It was just, boring.
    Karen
    this a good mystery book, i enjoyed the read and will look out for other titles by this author..x
    Loretta
    Loretta marked it as to-read
    Jul 23, 2014
    Stephanie
    Stephanie marked it as to-read
    Penny
    Penny marked it as to-read
    Linda
    Linda marked it as to-read
    Evelyn
    Evelyn marked it as to-read
    Lynn Demsky
    Lynn Demsky marked it as to-read
    Jul 21, 2014
    Jana Stapleton
    Jana Stapleton marked it as to-read
    Debra Belmudes
    Debra Belmudes marked it as to-read
    Kelley
    Kelley marked it as to-read
    Jul 20, 2014
    Sarah marked it as to-read
    Mary Tharp
    Mary Tharp marked it as to-read
    Nancy Luebke
    Nancy Luebke marked it as to-read
    Karen Spignese
    Karen Spignese marked it as to-read
    David Caldwell
    David Caldwell marked it as to-read
    Jul 18, 2014
    Carrie Kilgore
    Carrie Kilgore marked it as to-read
    Jul 18, 2014
    Trina
    Trina marked it as to-read
    Jul 17, 2014
    Joy
    Joy marked it as to-read
    Jul 17, 2014
    Betty Woodrum
    Betty Woodrum marked it as to-read
    Jul 16, 2014
    Amy G
    Amy G marked it as to-read
    Jul 16, 2014
    « previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
    Katy Leen grew up on baguette and chocolate milk in a house full of pets and books. She writes the Lora Weaver mysteries and is currently working on the next book in the series.

Check out http://katyleen.com/ to learn more about Katy.
    More about Katy Leen...
    The Pas de Deux (Lora Weaver Mystery, #2) The Nearly Nixed Noël (Lora Weaver Mystery, #1.5) The Lora Weaver Mysteries Bundle (book 1, book 2, & bonus holiday mini-mystery!)