Start by marking “The First Faux Pas (Lora Weaver Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
The First Faux Pas (Lora Weaver Mystery, #1)

The First Faux Pas (Lora Weaver Mystery #1)

3.44 of 5 stars 3.44  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  13 reviews
When Lora Weaver relocates from New York to her boyfriend’s hometown of Montreal, she expects to find a touch of Paris in North America—cobblestone streets, sidewalk cafés, fabulous shopping, and a little joie de vivre. Not dangerous liaisons. But, when she takes a job at a PI agency owned by a French brother and sister team, her life takes on more twists and turns than a ...more
ebook
Published (first published August 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The First Faux Pas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The First Faux Pas

Nancy
Mar 25, 2012 Nancy added it
Pattycake
I had never heard of Ms Leen until a friend gifted me this book. What a fun treat. Like a cupcake with pink frosting!

Elena
First of all - this book was received through the Goodreads Giveaway- thank you to the author for providing me with this novel in exchange for an honest review!

What i liked:
The heroine was quirky and fun, however a bit ditzy at times. The mystery was intriguing at the beginning. I liked Camille and Laurent (especially Laurent!!) and would like to know/read more about them in the future. I loved that the story takes place in Montreal. Good writing style.

What i didn't like:
The mystery seemed to
Vicki Seldon
Aug 15, 2012 Vicki Seldon rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Stephanie Plum
Shelves: mysteries
This was a smidgen above the quality of the few other "chick-lit mysteries" I have read this summer. A few things helped me stay with the tale and mitigated the annoyance I feel with the literary ticks of this sub-genre. It was set in Montreal, a city I have always wanted to visit and I was reassured that I've retained enough French to follow the brief snippets of dialogue. The heroine, although bumbling in the way the inexperienced detectives in these books always are, was offset by her much mo ...more
Shirley Horsburgh
I totally enjoyed this book.Stayed up late finishing it.Having lived for 2yrs in Montreal I could identify with some landmarks.The characters worked well together as PI's & the "Puddles" character was interesting as a deadbeat Dad. I'm going to look for the next book in this series.
Les Wolfrick
This book simply gets hold of you and does not let go until you finish it to the last word. Fast paced, easy read, full of humour and great characters. Lora the main heroine is so alive that one feels right beside her in her various encounters.
The book is for relaxing, for the beach, for traveling on the train or airplane, for a quiet afternoon at home. Just to have fun and enjoyment.
I can hardly wait for the second book in the series.
DO READ IT AND HAVE FUN!
Susan
I love this series. From Lora to her Canadian friends, these books hold your interest. They are suspenseful as well as interesting in describing how an American feels living just north of the border of the US where French is the spoken language.
Ann Ruffo
takes place in Montreal
Roberta G
I bought Leen's book when someone said she was "Evanovich-like." (Well, GOOD-Evanvovich-like.) She is.

FFP is tight, smart, and fun. The characters are charming, the location is sexy, and the plotting is damn fine for a first-time author.

I particularly like Camille and her brother. Leen could easily spin them out into their own series.

Silvercross313
I enjoyed this book. It's fun and light chick lit, but the characters were real and I enjoyed getting to know them. The mystery itself was interesting and kept me turning pages. I also loved the French words interspersed through the book. As someone who knows beginning French, it was fun to see if I understood the words being used.
Sara
Sep 01, 2012 Sara rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: quit
I gave up reading this book, I was 3/4 of the way through it, and that took MONTHS to get through before I finally couldn't take it anymore. It was just, boring.
Karen
this a good mystery book, i enjoyed the read and will look out for other titles by this author..x
Lauren Weaver
Lauren Weaver marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Letty
Letty is currently reading it
May 24, 2015
Debbie Hill
Debbie Hill is currently reading it
May 16, 2015
Violet
Violet added it
May 13, 2015
Danna
Danna marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Trish
Trish marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Suzie Jo Glass
Suzie Jo Glass marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Rumeur
Rumeur marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Connie Anderson
Connie Anderson marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Rose Garrison
Rose Garrison marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Mallory Heart Reviews
Mallory Heart Reviews marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
  • Lucky Charm
  • Death, Taxes, and Cheap Sunglasses (Tara Holloway, #8)
  • Evie Ever After (Chameleon Chronicles, #3)
  • The Forever Stone
  • The Last Days of a Rake
  • The Argentina Rhodochrosite (An Ainsley Walker Gemstone Travel Mystery)
  • Mother of the Bride
  • The House
  • The Listless
  • Buckminster's Ball
  • Beyond Parallel
  • 3 Sleuths, 2 Dogs, 1 Murder (The Sleuth Sisters #2)
  • Trading Up
  • The Samurai's Garden
Katy Leen grew up on baguette and chocolate milk in a house full of pets and books. She writes the Lora Weaver mysteries and is currently working on the next book in the series.

Check out http://katyleen.com/ to learn more about Katy.
More about Katy Leen...
The Pas de Deux (Lora Weaver Mystery, #2) The Nearly Nixed Noël (Lora Weaver Mystery, #1.5) The Lora Weaver Mysteries Bundle (book 1, book 2, & bonus holiday mini-mystery!)