Start by marking “NAMA Mia!--Ross O'Carroll-Kelly” as Want to Read:
NAMA Mia!--Ross O'Carroll-Kelly

NAMA Mia!--Ross O'Carroll-Kelly (Ross O'Carroll-Kelly #11)

It was no country for young men. Or women ...

Unemployment, emigration and do-it-yourself hair colour kits were once again a fact of life. Taxes were on the up, the IMF were on the way and there was a cash for gold outlet in Foxrock Village.

But the signs for recovery were good - for me, at least. I was the chief executive of one of the few businesses turning a profit in thi
Published September 21st 2011 by Penguin Ireland (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about NAMA Mia!--Ross O'Carroll-Kelly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about NAMA Mia!--Ross O'Carroll-Kelly

Yvonne
Sep 27, 2011 Yvonne rated it really liked it
The character of Ross can't be an easy one to develop realistically - I cringed in some places where I should have laughed, and Ross' situation is even depressing at times - but it's still a great read. The story is not as strong as the previous novels but it's a successful reflection of Ireland in recession. And there are still plenty of laughs to be had.
Celia Lynch
Absolutely loved it but I'm convinced you have to be from loike Dublin to actually understand it. Hysterical.
Brendan Brohan
May 11, 2013 Brendan Brohan rated it really liked it
I haven't read all of RO'CK's exploits but picked this one up at the airport as a poolside read. And it did the job. Funny yet insightful into the excesses of the Tiger years and the current NAMA years. Yes, I have noticed fewer Ballsbridge tractors (Audi Q7s) outside Mount Anville N.S. in Kilmacud! Unfortunately the book is probably unreadable for anyone outside Ireland (Dublin?) due to the vernacular and rhyming slang he uses, which is a bit of a hall of fame!
Melissa
Jun 19, 2013 Melissa rated it liked it
I always find these books fairly funny, and easy to read. This had a few good laughs in it, and was well written. However didn't find it to be as much of a page turner as previous books in the series.
A.J. Davidson
Oct 10, 2011 A.J. Davidson rated it did not like it
I thought I would enjoy this book, but it was a huge disappointment. The blurb promised a lot of humour but it totally eluded me. I gave up after a hundred pages, I have better things to waste my time on.
Leanne
Oct 12, 2011 Leanne rated it it was amazing
Even though Ross is now in his 30's he's still up to his usual crazy antics and I can't see him growing up for another while yet! really enjoyed this book and it is just as hilarious as the rest. Can't wait until the next instalment!
Jacqueline
May 28, 2012 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
well i cant really say much about these books,ive read them all and they follow 'pretty much loike a formula,if thats even a word':P, its a bit too similiar to what came before it,i'd like if ross matured even the tiniest bit,but they're still hilarious books and i cant wait for the next one!
Nicki Leahy
Oct 10, 2011 Nicki Leahy rated it liked it
Not as funny as his first books (although maybe I've lost the surprise element). Some really hilarious moments though - you wonder how his mind works sometimes. Worth it as a light read.
Iuliana
Jan 22, 2012 Iuliana rated it liked it
Shelves: series
More of the usual antics, i really enjoyed the first half, quite a few laugh out loud moments. The second half was very predictable, but he ended well...will see what happens next.
Paul
Apr 24, 2015 Paul rated it liked it
Not as good as the last book, still better than the one before! In summary, well worth reading if you're a fan of the series, but don't start with this one!
Alan Moore
Aug 22, 2013 Alan Moore rated it liked it
Very enjoyable, sad, darker than the previous books though it fits in with the prevailing media mood in Ireland - gloomy, depressing, live for now. Not the best of the series though a good read.
Tom Webster
Nov 08, 2013 Tom Webster rated it really liked it
I've been with Ross since the beginning and still find the reflection of modern day Ireland to be spot on and very, very funny.
Mark Buckley
Mark Buckley rated it really liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Big Momma
Big Momma rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2012
Barry McDonnell
Barry McDonnell rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2012
johanne hamilton
johanne hamilton rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2016
Steve
Steve rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
Andy Woods
Andy Woods rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2014
Lynne Rochfort
Lynne Rochfort rated it really liked it
Jun 21, 2014
Danielle Doyle
Danielle Doyle rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2013
Eoin
Eoin rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2012
Aron Fitzpatrick
Aron Fitzpatrick rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2012
Claire Sweeney
Claire Sweeney rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2012
Roisin
Roisin rated it really liked it
Dec 23, 2013
Emma
Emma rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2013
Mandy Russell
Mandy Russell rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Donna
Donna rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2012
Vincent
Vincent rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2012
Kevin
Kevin rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2012
Karina
Karina rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2012
  • Flourishing
  • Let This Be Our Secret
  • Death And Nightingales
  • Apart From The Crowd

Ross O'Carroll-Kelly (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Miseducation Years