Start by marking “Soul Seeker (Lasniniar, #1)” as Want to Read:
Soul Seeker (Lasniniar, #1)

Soul Seeker (The World of Lasniniar #1)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  7 reviews
What if, in a world where every elf’s destiny is an open book, you were the only one whose fate was unknown?

Iarion’s quest for meaning has spanned millennia. Now ancient, dark powers are rising, and he may be the only one who can stop them. Joined by the unlikeliest of companions, treachery looms from within and without.

How far would you go in your search for answers?

ebook, Smashwords Edition
Published October 13th 2011 by WaywardScribe Press

To ask other readers questions about Soul Seeker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Seeker

Soul Seeker is similar to The Lord of the Rings in many ways. But still, the plot is likeable, once you get to know what the book is all about. Well, first address the plot.

The plot takes place in a land where Dwarves, Elves, Goblins, Trolls and many other mythical creatures dwell. In this land, all the lives of the elves were decided or we can say, planned out by a mystical presence called "Quenya". Iarion, our protogonist, a shadow elf from a place called Melaralva, cannot feel any such connec
This review is also available on my blog, Qwerty

This book is a gift to humanity (after Twilight has corrupted our generation beyond repair *sigh*)

I mean, seriously. I was in euphoric state hours after I finished this book, dancing madly to Move Like Jagger.

It took me almost a full week to finish (because I’ve started working already) but every sitting was pure bliss. The rare thing is that the chapters were not written as cliffhanger (a trademark of Dan Brown’s books) but the story paced at reas
Soul Seeker by Jacquelyn Smith is a variation on the hero's quest where the protagonist, Iarion, sets out on a quest for something that may save the world, but holds much more importance to him personally.

Iarion is a great protagonist. He experiences a constant feeling of despair at not knowing his purpose, and it is easy to identify with his discontent. He is a flawed elf and he has been seeking his purpose in this world for thousands of years. The adventure begins when he sets out on a quest t
Sarah Briggs
It took me a little while to get properly into the book and even when I did, it took me a while to make any kind of empathic connection with the characters. I did eventually, though, and ended up liking the characters, even though I could see a lot of similarities with Lord of the Rings.

Eventually, I did stop comparing the book to Lord of the Rings and began seeing it as a story in its own right. I did enjoy reading this and intend to buy the other two novel-length books in the series. I'm not s
Allen Castle
Not bad but not great either. As other reviewers have commented, the story tries to place itself in the Lord of the Rings world. I say try only because some of the descriptive parts fell flat, leaving me unable to imagine the setting. It would have been nice to have a little bit more definement of the characters too but I think the author was working hard on the opening catch and just hoped the rest would work itself out throughout the book. So overall, not bad for a three hour read.
I really enjoyed her world that she has created. I liked the use of the diffent races and of course Barlo is the best part. It took a while to come into it's own because there are so many moments that parallel the Lord of the Rings, which might be exactly what the author set out to do. I look forward to reading the next book in the series because I feel we may get to see more of the author's unique voice and see the world grow in further volumes.
While I found the premiss of the book intriguing, the similarities to the Lord of the Ring were rather distracting. Most of the book felt rushed, particularly the resolution to arguments and conflicts. And the frequent shifts in perspectives was jarring and at times confusing. However, I did like the ending, and while it may not have been a complete surprise, it did avoid certain tropes I was dreading would appear.
Johnny marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Heather marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2015
Ron marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Gunjan marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Anil Kumar
Anil Kumar marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Jessie Smith
Jessie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Melissa Melottey
Melissa Melottey is currently reading it
Aug 08, 2015
Andre James
Andre James marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
J added it
Aug 04, 2015
Gina marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Jay W.
Jay W. added it
Jul 28, 2015
Kulukan marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Lenora marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Kelly Mcleod
Kelly Mcleod marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Rimi marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Nore Em Dine
Nore Em Dine marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Tetatea marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
  • The Legend of Jig Dragonslayer  (Jig the Goblin, #1-3)
  • The 'Naturals: Awakening [Episodes 1-4 -- Season 1] (Young Adult Serial)
  • The Secret History of a Teenage Vampire (The Department 19 Files, #1)
  • The Machine God (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #3)
  • The Singularity: Heretic - A Thriller (The Singularity Series #1)
  • Vrin: Ten Mortal Gods
  • Seth and Chloe (Lunara Trilogy, #1)
  • White Plume Mountain (Greyhawk Classics, #2)
  • Freaks of Greenfield High (Freaks, #1)
  • The Sentient Fire (The Seven Signs, #1)
  • Urshurak (A Bantam Book)
  • The Judge
  • The Locksmith (A Mindjack Story)
  • Angel Beach (Summer Romance Collection, #2)
  • A Spell Cast Volume One (Seven Spell stories, #1)
  • The Last Elf of Lanis (Wealdland Stories, #1)
  • A Month with Werewolves
  • Lord of the Libraries (The Rover, #3)
Jacquelyn Smith is an indie fantasy author, who lives on the outskirts of Toronto, Ontario, in the frigid expanse that is Canada. She escapes to tropical havens whenever possible, and to alternate, fantastical realms when real trips aren't in the budget. Her guiding principle in life is WWXD (What Would Xena Do?), and her interests include Ancient Egypt, Nine Inch Nails, and jazz hands.

In addition
More about Jacquelyn Smith...

The World of Lasniniar (8 books)
  • Light Chasers (Lasniniar, #0)
  • Legacy Hunter (Lasniniar, #0.75)
  • Shadow Stalker (Lasniniar, #1.5)
  • Storm Rider (Lasniniar, #2)
  • Bond Forger (Lasniniar, #2.5)
  • Wave Runners (Lasniniar, #3)
  • Godmaker (Lasniniar, #4)
Legacy Hunter (Lasniniar, #0.75) Light Chasers (Lasniniar, #0) Storm Rider (Lasniniar, #2) Wave Runners (Lasniniar, #3) Shadow Stalker (Lasniniar, #1.5)