Start by marking “Soul Seeker (The World of Lasniniar, #1)” as Want to Read:
Soul Seeker (The World of Lasniniar, #1)

Soul Seeker (The World of Lasniniar #1)

What if, in a world where every elf’s destiny is an open book, you were the only one whose fate was unknown?

Iarion’s quest for meaning has spanned millennia. Now ancient, dark powers are rising, and he may be the only one who can stop them. Joined by the unlikeliest of companions, treachery looms from within and without.

How far would you go in your search for answers?

This
ebook, Smashwords Edition
Published October 13th 2011 by WaywardScribe Press

To ask other readers questions about Soul Seeker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Seeker

Vidya-BooksAreMagic
Soul Seeker is similar to The Lord of the Rings in many ways. But still, the plot is likeable, once you get to know what the book is all about. Well, first address the plot.

The plot takes place in a land where Dwarves, Elves, Goblins, Trolls and many other mythical creatures dwell. In this land, all the lives of the elves were decided or we can say, planned out by a mystical presence called "Quenya". Iarion, our protogonist, a shadow elf from a place called Melaralva, cannot feel any such connec
Zuleeza
Jul 18, 2012 Zuleeza rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review is also available on my blog, Qwerty

This book is a gift to humanity (after Twilight has corrupted our generation beyond repair *sigh*)

I mean, seriously. I was in euphoric state hours after I finished this book, dancing madly to Move Like Jagger.

It took me almost a full week to finish (because I’ve started working already) but every sitting was pure bliss. The rare thing is that the chapters were not written as cliffhanger (a trademark of Dan Brown’s books) but the story paced at reas
Tania
Mar 05, 2012 Tania rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Soul Seeker by Jacquelyn Smith is a variation on the hero's quest where the protagonist, Iarion, sets out on a quest for something that may save the world, but holds much more importance to him personally.

Iarion is a great protagonist. He experiences a constant feeling of despair at not knowing his purpose, and it is easy to identify with his discontent. He is a flawed elf and he has been seeking his purpose in this world for thousands of years. The adventure begins when he sets out on a quest t
Sarah Briggs
Dec 10, 2012 Sarah Briggs rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me a little while to get properly into the book and even when I did, it took me a while to make any kind of empathic connection with the characters. I did eventually, though, and ended up liking the characters, even though I could see a lot of similarities with Lord of the Rings.

Eventually, I did stop comparing the book to Lord of the Rings and began seeing it as a story in its own right. I did enjoy reading this and intend to buy the other two novel-length books in the series. I'm not s
Rae
Jul 23, 2013 Rae rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While I found the premiss of the book intriguing, the similarities to the Lord of the Ring were rather distracting. Most of the book felt rushed, particularly the resolution to arguments and conflicts. And the frequent shifts in perspectives was jarring and at times confusing. However, I did like the ending, and while it may not have been a complete surprise, it did avoid certain tropes I was dreading would appear.
Allen Castle
Not bad but not great either. As other reviewers have commented, the story tries to place itself in the Lord of the Rings world. I say try only because some of the descriptive parts fell flat, leaving me unable to imagine the setting. It would have been nice to have a little bit more definement of the characters too but I think the author was working hard on the opening catch and just hoped the rest would work itself out throughout the book. So overall, not bad for a three hour read.
Mcullen
Mcullen rated it it was ok
Jul 20, 2012
Jude
Jude rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2013
Stephenie Thorne
Stephenie Thorne rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2012
Billie Jo
Billie Jo rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Mariecris Mañebog
Mariecris Mañebog rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2015
Laura Howard
Laura Howard rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2013
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2015
Burnett
Burnett rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2016
J.S. Rowan
J.S. Rowan rated it really liked it
May 23, 2014
Brooks Lay
Brooks Lay rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2013
Eric Dong
Eric Dong rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2013
Greg
Greg rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Ridouan
Ridouan rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2014
Barbara Ell
Barbara Ell rated it it was ok
Jan 13, 2012
Pinkforink
Pinkforink rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2013
Tim Karas
Tim Karas rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2014
Jacob Renie
Jacob Renie rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2013
Sean
Sean rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2014
Ben Hedrick
Ben Hedrick rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2014
Alpertunga
Alpertunga rated it liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Jonathan Noel
Jonathan Noel rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2016
Nicolas122
Nicolas122 rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Cathy
Cathy rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Majesty's Offspring
  • The Never Born (Locus Origin, #1)
  • The Machine God (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #3)
  • The 'Naturals: Awakening [Episodes 1-4 -- Season 1] (Young Adult Serial)
  • The Secret History of a Teenage Vampire (The Department 19 Files, #1)
  • Seth and Chloe (Lunara Trilogy, #1)
  • Vrin: Ten Mortal Gods
  • L.O.S.T. (L.O.S.T., #1)
  • White Plume Mountain (Greyhawk Classics, #2)
  • Freaks of Greenfield High (Freaks, #1)
  • A Spell Cast Volume One (Seven Spell stories, #1)
  • Urshurak
  • The Judge
  • Feed
  • Angel Beach (Summer Romance Collection, #2)
  • A Month with Werewolves (A Month with Werewolves #1)
  • The Sea Devil's Eye (Forgotten Realms: The Threat from the Sea, #3)
  • Transcender: First-Timer (Transcender, #1)
Jacquelyn Smith is an indie fantasy author from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. In addition to the contest-winning fantasy short stories The Unclean and The God's Eye, she is also the author of the World of Lasniniar epic fantasy series:

Light Chasers -- A Novel of Lasniniar (Book 0)
Legacy Hunter -- A Tale of Lasniniar (Book 0.75)
Soul Seeker -- A Novel of Lasniniar (Book 1)
Shadow Stalker -- A Tale of Las
More about Jacquelyn Smith...

The World of Lasniniar (8 books)
  • Light Chasers (The World of Lasniniar, #0)
  • Storm Rider (The World of Lasniniar, #2)
  • Wave Runners (The World of Lasniniar, #3)
  • Godmaker (The World of Lasniniar, #4)
  • Void Walker (The World of Lasniniar, #5)
  • Harbingers (The World of Lasniniar, #6)
  • Light Chasers Lasniniar Bundle: Light Chasers, Possession, The Vow, The Bearded Ones