Start by marking “Soul Seeker (Lasniniar, #1)” as Want to Read:
Soul Seeker (Lasniniar, #1)

Soul Seeker (The World of Lasniniar #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  56 ratings  ·  7 reviews
What if, in a world where every elf’s destiny is an open book, you were the only one whose fate was unknown?

Iarion’s quest for meaning has spanned millennia. Now ancient, dark powers are rising, and he may be the only one who can stop them. Joined by the unlikeliest of companions, treachery looms from within and without.

How far would you go in your search for answers?

This
ebook, Smashwords Edition
Published October 13th 2011 by WaywardScribe Press

To ask other readers questions about Soul Seeker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Seeker

Vidya-BooksAreMagic
Soul Seeker is similar to The Lord of the Rings in many ways. But still, the plot is likeable, once you get to know what the book is all about. Well, first address the plot.

The plot takes place in a land where Dwarves, Elves, Goblins, Trolls and many other mythical creatures dwell. In this land, all the lives of the elves were decided or we can say, planned out by a mystical presence called "Quenya". Iarion, our protogonist, a shadow elf from a place called Melaralva, cannot feel any such connec
Zuleeza
This review is also available on my blog, Qwerty

This book is a gift to humanity (after Twilight has corrupted our generation beyond repair *sigh*)

I mean, seriously. I was in euphoric state hours after I finished this book, dancing madly to Move Like Jagger.

It took me almost a full week to finish (because I’ve started working already) but every sitting was pure bliss. The rare thing is that the chapters were not written as cliffhanger (a trademark of Dan Brown’s books) but the story paced at reas
Tania
Soul Seeker by Jacquelyn Smith is a variation on the hero's quest where the protagonist, Iarion, sets out on a quest for something that may save the world, but holds much more importance to him personally.

Iarion is a great protagonist. He experiences a constant feeling of despair at not knowing his purpose, and it is easy to identify with his discontent. He is a flawed elf and he has been seeking his purpose in this world for thousands of years. The adventure begins when he sets out on a quest t
It took me a little while to get properly into the book and even when I did, it took me a while to make any kind of empathic connection with the characters. I did eventually, though, and ended up liking the characters, even though I could see a lot of similarities with Lord of the Rings.

Eventually, I did stop comparing the book to Lord of the Rings and began seeing it as a story in its own right. I did enjoy reading this and intend to buy the other two novel-length books in the series. I'm not s
Allen Castle
Not bad but not great either. As other reviewers have commented, the story tries to place itself in the Lord of the Rings world. I say try only because some of the descriptive parts fell flat, leaving me unable to imagine the setting. It would have been nice to have a little bit more definement of the characters too but I think the author was working hard on the opening catch and just hoped the rest would work itself out throughout the book. So overall, not bad for a three hour read.
Heather
I really enjoyed her world that she has created. I liked the use of the diffent races and of course Barlo is the best part. It took a while to come into it's own because there are so many moments that parallel the Lord of the Rings, which might be exactly what the author set out to do. I look forward to reading the next book in the series because I feel we may get to see more of the author's unique voice and see the world grow in further volumes.
Rae
While I found the premiss of the book intriguing, the similarities to the Lord of the Ring were rather distracting. Most of the book felt rushed, particularly the resolution to arguments and conflicts. And the frequent shifts in perspectives was jarring and at times confusing. However, I did like the ending, and while it may not have been a complete surprise, it did avoid certain tropes I was dreading would appear.
Riannez.
Riannez. marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Anthony Hernandez
Anthony Hernandez marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Valerie
Valerie marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Nate
Nate added it
May 03, 2015
Hexe
Hexe marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Konnor Cook
Konnor Cook marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Dave Clevenger
Dave Clevenger marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
Cindy Carney
Cindy Carney marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
E.M. Cooper
E.M. Cooper marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Andru
Andru added it
Mar 10, 2015
Koralda
Koralda marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Amy Broeders
Amy Broeders marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
A
A marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Katrina
Katrina marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Akan Michael
Akan Michael marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Katie Higgins
Katie Higgins marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Legend of Jig Dragonslayer  (Jig the Goblin, #1-3)
  • The Machine God (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #3)
  • Vrin: Ten Mortal Gods
  • Seth and Chloe (Lunara Trilogy, #1)
  • Freaks of Greenfield High (Freaks, #1)
  • White Plume Mountain (Greyhawk Classics, #2)
  • A Spell Cast Volume One (Seven Spell stories, #1)
  • The Sentient Fire (The Seven Signs, #1)
  • The Last Elf of Lanis (Wealdland Stories, #1)
  • A Month with Werewolves
  • The Sea Devil's Eye (Forgotten Realms: The Threat from the Sea, #3)
  • The Trials
  • Urshurak (A Bantam Book)
  • The Lost Prince (The Dark Border, #1)
  • Unlawful (Freedom, #1)
  • Sword Bearer (Return of the Dragons, #1)
  • Gifted Apprentice
  • On Dark Shores: The Lady
Jacquelyn Smith is an indie fantasy author, who lives on the outskirts of Toronto, Ontario, in the frigid expanse that is Canada. She escapes to tropical havens whenever possible, and to alternate, fantastical realms when real trips aren't in the budget. Her guiding principle in life is WWXD (What Would Xena Do?), and her interests include Ancient Egypt, Nine Inch Nails, and jazz hands.

In addition
More about Jacquelyn Smith...

The World of Lasniniar (8 books)
  • Light Chasers (Lasniniar, #0)
  • Legacy Hunter (Lasniniar, #0.75)
  • Shadow Stalker (Lasniniar, #1.5)
  • Storm Rider (Lasniniar, #2)
  • Bond Forger (Lasniniar, #2.5)
  • Wave Runners (Lasniniar, #3)
  • Godmaker (Lasniniar, #4)
Legacy Hunter (Lasniniar, #0.75) Light Chasers (Lasniniar, #0) Wave Runners (Lasniniar, #3) Storm Rider (Lasniniar, #2) The Unclean -- A Short Story