Start by marking “Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1)” as Want to Read:
Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1)

Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves #1)

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  30,265 Ratings  ·  2,458 Reviews
This is a newly revised and edited version of Prince of Wolves.

Jaque Pierce was just an ordinary 17 year old girl getting ready to start her senior year in high school in Coldspring, Texas. When a mysterious foreign exchange student from Romania moves in across the street, Jacque and her two best friends, Sally and Jen, don’t realize the last two weeks of their summer was
Nook, 0 pages
Published August 27th 2011 by Quinn Loftis, via Smashwords (first published June 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Prince of Wolves, please sign up.

Mihaela Manea The story is very interesting and the plot very captivating and it actually convinced me to buy the second volume, but it's very disappointing to see…moreThe story is very interesting and the plot very captivating and it actually convinced me to buy the second volume, but it's very disappointing to see how the author used Romanian language, my mother tongue, with such big grammar mistakes in a published book.(less)
Hailey i loved the first one and the second one the second one is called blood rites if you want to find it and yes there are seven other books in this…morei loved the first one and the second one the second one is called blood rites if you want to find it and yes there are seven other books in this series.(less)

Shelly Crane
Oct 23, 2011 Shelly Crane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: best-books
Ok.....holy canoly!!!!!! I freaking loved this book!

The book was fantastic. The pace was perfect. The language of Jen and her friends was realistic and hilarious. The secondary characters were just as fun and interesting, especially Sorin. I want good things for him b/ c he's loyal and has potential to be a yummy guy. And the main characters were fabulous. In truth, there were times when I wanted Jen to be a little more serious, but still, she was funny.

And Fane, Fane, Fane. I want you to clai
Jackie
Dec 31, 2011 Jackie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
When i first saw this book, i had high expectations but it turns out, this book was a disappointment. On the first few pages i knew this book wasn't going to be good as i expected and turns out i was right. I had also read the summary of Prince of Wolves which also got me into reading this book and thought it would be really good.

Prince of Wolves is filled with action, romance and friendship. When a foreign exchange student moves next door. Jacque feels a connection and both Fane and Jacque are
Grace
Oh My God!!! I don't know where to start with this book. There were so many things wrong with this book. I got about 1/3 of the way through before I had to either stop reading or repeatedly slam my head against a solid brick wall.

1) Loftis is constantley switching POV throughout the book... even within the same paragraph. This SERIOUSLY irritates me. I'm fine with having different POVs but when they are in the same paragraph it is beyond annoying.

2) Instead of swear words, symbols are used inste
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
There's a decent teen paranormal romance novel trying to break through the fanfic writing here but, Houston, we have a problem. Luckily for all of you, I have the solution!

This is a simple quiz question for you loyal denizens of GR. Here's a sample of a few lines from the very first page of Prince of Wolves. (Trust me, I have very carefully transcribed it, including the punctuation. Or lack thereof.) Please read it and answer the multiple choice question below:
Wow, I mean wow, is all Jacque cou
Jude
Jul 23, 2012 Jude rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

"Nom Nom Nom Nom"

The book was about werewolfs and it had a great premise - Awesome! The book is free on Amazon - Double Awesome! The characters were annoying... errr, not so awesome.

Do not get scared, they weren't unbearable characters or anything, in fact, in the beginning I liked them a lot, Jaque and her friends were pretty cool and all of them had a unique sense of humor and very creative ways of talking. They would always have a smart-ass reply and they would also always find humor in the m
Daiane
Jan 23, 2016 Daiane rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF 20%

Unpopular opinion time! Sorry to the people who gave this 4+ stars for this book. As for me it was just too painful to read. Really, too painful.
Chantelle
May 30, 2012 Chantelle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NO ONE
Shelves: horcrux, reviewed, dnf
Goodreads. I trusted your ratings, and you betrayed me.

Apparently this "novel" is a "newly revised and edited version of Prince of Wolves."

HAH! Good joke! Either Goodreads has a sense of humour... or the term "edited" is used extremely loosely.

This is my explanation why!

See the full review here

In my eyes, Quinn Loftis is a teacher. I wholeheartedly do not believe that anyone else could've given me a clearer lesson, on why we should not judge a book by it's cover.

To all my fellow kindred spiri
Nara
I apologise in advance for the ranting that will be included in this review. Hell, the entire review is a rant. Not a good one either.

First, let's get this out of the way. This book is an absolute monstrosity. This book is probably the worst book I have ever read. This book is probably one of the worst books ever written. Books like this should not be allowed to exist. How I felt when I realised I had wasted good minutes of my life reading Prince of Wolves:

description

There are so many problems with this bo
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣

No, no, no!

I was so excited for a Romanian character. And not just any character, but a werewolf. I tried not to cringe at his name, Fane. Quinn Loftis says Fane means prince. I ask her in what language because in Romanian, Fane is short for Stefan (Stephen). And it is mostly used for middle-aged men.

And why is the girl called Jacquelyn? Is she French?
How come she finds it so normal to hear voices? How come her friends just casually accept that? Take Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
Ellen
I have to say that I was absolutely delighted when I began to read this book. At the time of purchase I had not heard anything about this book or about Quinn, but the title and cover just caught my eye. Needless to say, I fell in love with the book, the characters, and Quinn Loftis has become one of my most favorite authors. I love Jacque, Jen, and Sally, and the chemistry and humor that flows between them. I found myself laughing out loud numerous times, especially at Jen's snarky remarks. I lo ...more
Roxanne
Jan 08, 2012 Roxanne rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
As a sixteen year old reading this book, I found it very difficult to connect with the characters of this book who are of similar age. The characterization was all too unrealistic. The unending snarky comments of Jacque made her seem excessive. Her sass was endearing at first, but it got overrated after the first quarter of the book. I also hated the extreme amount of informal and colloquial language used by the three girls. IT WAS OVERRATED. The whole time I was thinking, "Gosh, do we actually ...more
Amber Robertson
I LOVED THIS WHEN I WAS FIFTEEN OMG WHAT EVEN IS THIS IM GOING TO RE READ IT AND ROAST FIFTEEN YEAR OLD ME
Jodie
Sep 18, 2011 Jodie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I could give this book 50 Stars!!!!

This books is the bees knees, the best thing since sliced bread, the bomb, whatever you want to call it, it was the best book. Now, it was light and fluffy and maybe not your thing, but I freakin loved it. Best.Book.Ever! There was not one thing I didn't love about this book (except now I have to wait until the end of November for the next one to come out).

It was only 99c from Amazon. It sounded good, but I have to admit I wasn't expecting awesome thin
Cole Morgenstern
Kristy
OK I loved the story. I really got into it, but the dialogue was really annoying sometimes, and corny. I got so tired of Jacque and her friend's comments. I think it sounds like the characters are trying too hard to be funny. Sarcasm is funny in small doses, but it seemed like every conversation Jacque had to make a sarcastic comment, and she came off sounding kind of snotty. She didn't seem mature enough for Fane. I kept cringing when Fane's father, the ALPHA, was explaining things and Jacque's ...more
Katy
Sep 24, 2011 Katy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really thought this was going to be a good book, seeing how the summary was so interesting and people have been rating it pretty high. I'm not sure why. The plot had promise. I thought this book was going to have some intense romantic scenes (not as in sex, but as in chemistry) and some real action. Again, I was wrong.

I thought the characters in this book were BEYOND annoying. I didn't care of Jacque. I usually love fiesty characters with a temper and a sarcastic sense of humor. But she was ju
J.J.
Feb 05, 2012 J.J. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, I know some people often rate books based on how realistic the characters and/or the dialogue is and this series may seem a bit far-fetched at first glance. However, the dialogue (however true or untrue it may be to how teens communicate) made this book and the series! I was laughing out loud the entire time and I absolutely loved every single exchange between all the characters. I've already read the other two books in this series (I read them all in about 2 days since I enjoyed this one so ...more
Jul 17, 2012 Jennifer rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
When I saw the description of this book I was excited to read it. I will say I liked the story and it's idea. However, I didn't like the dialogue. It sounded corny, forced, and like something an inexperienced or fanfiction writer would write. I am not insulting fanfiction writers or the author in any sense but to me it sounded a little amateur when it came to how the characters interacted. It sometimes seemed as if they were trying to hard to be funny or sarcastic.

I found that while some of the
Amy Dark Night Reads
www.the-book-diaries.blogsopt.com

This is my favorite series ever! I have read this twice already and could read it again.

Jacque is this ordinary girl that lives with her mother. She has two of the best friends ever, Sally and Jennifer. When a transfer student from Romania, Fane, moves in across the street, Jacque's world as she knows it is about to change. Fane is her mate, and better yet he is a prince! Better yet, he is not only a prince but a huge hunk of hotness werewolf. This story only get
Kitty (I solemnly swear that I am up to no good)
Well I began this book because it was recommended to me...and it was free.

However I was unfortunately unable to get past the half way mark, now I really am a very patient reader and have got through some ludicrously cheesy plots/bad writing in the past (ahem Cassandra Clare.) Maybe this book was just not for me...or it got me on the wrong day, or maybe I should have given it another chance? Or maybe at twenty five years of age I am far to old to be reading this boring drivel.

When does this get g
Kiran
WOW this book is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

I absolutely LOVE Fane and Jacque together!!!!!

Fane is a hot dominant Grey wolf from the Romanian pack. He decided to go to a different school for senior year as a foreign exchange student. He didn't know why he picked a high school in Coldspring, Texas. Just as Fane got out of his limo, to his host family's house, he heard a voice in his head. A female voice. The only thing that made sense was that he had a mate and his mate was near by. When he looked around he
thebookishturkish
Goodness! That was just so freaking hilarious!
The book was perfect. The sloppy romance and the drama was slightly disturbing but Quinn Loftis' sense of humor almost covered everything. I laughed every freaking minute!!! Not to mention that Fane and Jacquelyn were awesome, Sally and Jen just made it holy amazing :)
What made me fall in love with POW:
Fane, Fane and Fane. Hottest, yummiest, heartbreaking werewolf. If he wasn't Jacque's true mate I'd have eaten him alive. Yeah, as Jen would have said
Hannah
Nov 11, 2013 Hannah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, it's these kind of books that make me wish I could live in a world where werewolves and other creatures existed, Fane is the perfect example of an awesome caring maybe a little over protective but still awesome boyfriend. I loved Jaqualyns character and her 2 best friends. JEN was hilarious!! All 3 of the girls were. Can't wait to get started on the second book.
Caroline
Feb 03, 2013 Caroline added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody.
Recommended to Caroline by: my mother in law
Shelves: own, did-not-finish
Not yet done - will update upon completion (assuming I can make it to the end.....)

Written at 17% into the book:
This is just.... terrible. This is clearly a first draft that the author didn't even go back and re-read. But, 17% after only a couple of days indicates I can probably finish it and see if at least the story is worth reading past the terrible grammar, punctuation, repetition....

A couple of notes: Jacque's mother goes from being Lily on one page, to Lilly on the next page, and then BA
Katie_la_geek
May 24, 2012 Katie_la_geek rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
For this review and more check out my blog

You might want to take this review with a pinch of salt because I clearly didn’t see something that so many other people did. This book has a massive overall rating of 4.14 on Goodreads (at time of writing this review) I don’t want to be mean, or be seen as a bully but I honest cannot fathom how this book has such a high rating.

I had so many issues with this. Firstly the eBook was littered with mistakes that were completely distracting, I am generally p
Daphne
The Grey Wolves Series is giving me a KINDLE HANGOVER. Eyes are bloodshot in the morning...all worth it though.

If only I could pick the lottery with the same luck I have with books thus far.

This book brought sexy back for the werewolves. I just loved reading about Jacquelyn, Fane and the other characters that were plain funny. Jackelyn's girlfriends; Jennifer and Sally made me feel like I was back in Brooklyn with their sassy and witty self. Loyal friends that had their girls back.

At first it
Haadiya  Ahmed
Yes, yes, you're wondering how I could give this book a low rating as "2.25" when I say I absolutely love this series, and when I go around recommending this to everyone I cross paths with. But that's just it people I love this "series" not this "book" and if you can get past this book, then this series is LOVE, but really please don't give up on this series just because of this book. please

Okay, back to this book. Now I re-read this for the sole purpose of reviewing this, so here
Cari
Hey, Loftis? It's "duct tape", not "duck tape". *facepalm*

How in heaven does this have a 4+ rating?

*falls over laughing*

I'm giving this book two stars instead of the single one it deserves because it lands solidly in "so bad it's good" territory. Bad enough that I kept reading because I enjoyed making fun of it. Probably not a reason why an author wants an extra star for but so be it, she should've written a better book.

And oh my God, Prince of Wolves is ever so awful--laughably awful. I read th
Jody
Prince of Wolves is about soulmates and fated love. If you happen to be a hopeless romantic who loves the idea of finding your one and true mate, then this is the book for you. This is actually a large ebook being 1000+ pages on Nook but I was so invested in the story and characters that I read it in a day and a half. Jaque is a girl in a small town that is spying on the new foreign exchange student that is moving in across the street. As soon as he arrives, Fane is immediately drawn to Jaque an ...more
Jacqueline
May 09, 2016 Jacqueline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-gelesen
Ich bin total begeistert! Ich musste mich zwar erst an den Schreibstil gewöhnen und ein paar Sachen gingen mir zwar auch zu schnell, die Reihe besteht aber auch aus 9 Bänden, trotzdem war es einfach nur eine schöne, süße und spannende Geschichte. Ich mag solche Storys sehr gerne. Gestaltwandler und Seelenverwandte, hach. :))

Wieso hat man bisher nur den ersten Teil ins Deutsche übersetzt?! So schade! Ich mag so gerne weiterlesen, auch wenn man den ersten Teil für in sich abgeschlossen sehen kann
I need Help finding a book 4 11 Mar 01, 2017 11:02AM
What is it that people like about this book???? 22 195 Aug 01, 2016 11:19AM
Don't you just love Fane! 7 41 Dec 25, 2015 01:22PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves #1) by Quinn Loftis - Starting October 15th 2015 38 106 Nov 07, 2015 08:30PM
Book Sanctuary: Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves #1) - July 2014 1 7 Jul 12, 2014 03:23PM
Any Paranormal Romance recommendations? 7 51 Jul 08, 2014 04:42AM
the boys 37 112 Jan 08, 2014 03:03PM
  • Time Mends (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #2)
  • River Cast (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #2)
  • Blood Moon (Howl #2)
  • The Mystic Wolves (Mystic Wolves, #1)
  • Insider (Outsider, #2)
  • Dirty Blood (Dirty Blood, #1)
  • Accordance (Significance, #2)
  • Valor (Greystone, #1)
  • The Binding (The Velesi Trilogy, #1)
  • Bound (Arelia LaRue, #1)
  • Diary of a Vampeen (Vamp Chronicles, #1)
  • Song of the Moon (Artemis Lupine, #1)
  • Reviving Bloom (Bloom Daniels, #1)
  • Verity (Cursed, #1)
  • Night Marchers (Night Marchers, #1)
  • Ignite (Midnight Fire, #1)
  • Silver Moon (Silver Moon, #1)
Quinn is an award winning author who lives in beautiful Western Arkansas with her husband, three sons, Nora the Doberman, and Phoebe the Cat (who thinks she is a ninja in disguise). She is the author of thirteen novels, including the USA Today bestseller, Fate and Fury. Quinn is beyond thankful that she has been blessed to be able to write full time and hopes the readers know how much all of their ...more
More about Quinn Loftis...

The Grey Wolves (10 books)
  • Blood Rites (The Grey Wolves, #2)
  • Just One Drop (The Grey Wolves, #3)
  • Out of the Dark (The Grey Wolves, #4)
  • Beyond the Veil (The Grey Wolves, #5)
  • Fate and Fury (The Grey Wolves, #6)
  • Sacrifice of Love (The Grey Wolves, #7)
  • Luna of Mine (The Grey Wolves, #8)
  • Den of Sorrows (The Grey Wolves, #9)
  • The Burning Claw (The Grey Wolves, #10)

“Alright then, I guess that’s settled,” Lilly said, then she turned to Fane, “Lay a paw on my little girl and you will be a three legged Lassie, got it?”
Fane winced and then asked, “You both do realize I’m a wolf not a dog right?”
314 likes
“When you say gorgeous,” Jen started, “are we talking Brad Pitt boyish good looks, or Johnny Depp make ya want to slap somebody?” “No, we’re talking Brad and Johnny need to bow down and recognize” Jacque answered.” 212 likes