Start by marking “Susie (Regency Love, #10)” as Want to Read:
Susie (Regency Love, #10)

Susie (Ladies in Love #4)

Poor little Susie Burke. A beautiful dreamer, she imagined herself happy in a rose-covered cottage, only to find herself mistress of a great damp castle and wife to the elderly Earl of Blackball.

Luck, not the lecherous earl, contrived to spare her. She was a wealthy young widow on her wedding night. But her trials had just begun. The old countess was determined to turn the
Mass Market Paperback
Published October 15th 1981 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about Susie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Susie

ARomanceLover
Dec 16, 2014 ARomanceLover rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love that this author shows how silly love can be and how silly people can be. The characters are very human, getting into tiffs and squabbles. And how real life rarely lives up to our dreams. Marriage is hard and I love how the characters work it out. I laughed out loud many times throughout.
Jenny
Dec 30, 2014 Jenny rated it it was ok
Why did I read this? I heard this on audiobook, and even as I was listening, I kept wondering, "why am I still listening to this book?" but it was one of those where I hadn't had a chance to find another audiobook to replace it on my drive to/from work and I hated this book slightly less than I hated listening to morning talk radio while stuck in traffic, so I finished it.

It's not that the writing was particularly bad, but just that all of the characters were horrible. ALL of them, even the sup
Damaskcat
Jan 29, 2013 Damaskcat rated it really liked it
Susie lives in Camberwell with her parents and spends most of her time in daydreaming. When the ageing Earl of Blackhall is injured in a carriage accident nearby and is taken in by her GP father her parents plot with the Earl to marry Susie to him. Innocent and unsophisticated, Susie finds herself married to the Earl and whisked off to his castle in Kent to live with him and his mother, Felicity. But things don’t work out quite how the Earl intended and fate has something else in store for him. ...more
Lynne Tull
Apr 07, 2011 Lynne Tull rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency-romance
This is one of the few books/series I would read again. These stories of Marion Chesney started me on my adventure...reading Regency Romance/Novels/History! There is not a set of books that will teach you more about the basics about life in Regency England. There are six series with six books each. I love them all. It must be a "past life" thing:)
Jade
Oct 31, 2013 Jade rated it liked it
I liked it and would read it again. I funny and sad as you can help but feel sorry for Susie. I didn’t really like how it ended but not all books can end well. I love how it written and it well described.
Water
Jan 16, 2014 Water rated it liked it
This book was interesting enough, but it was not one of this author's best novels. The protagonist, Susie, is ridiculously clueless, and for half the novel she falls in love with a random assortment of hideous men. The hero is pretty standard; nothing wrong with him, but not too much to remember.
Marianne
Sep 02, 2014 Marianne rated it liked it
I listened to a downloaded version of this written under the name of Marion Chesney. It was very funny.
Teddy Talley
Teddy Talley rated it it was ok
Jan 16, 2016
KyBunnies
I had to read this book twice but it was still one of the stupidest book I have ever read.
pamela stevenson
pamela stevenson rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2016
Kelly Linzey
Kelly Linzey rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2014
Betty
Betty rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2015
SALLY POVLICH
SALLY POVLICH rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Jan (the Gryphon)
Jan (the Gryphon) rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2009
Lexi Ooi
Lexi Ooi rated it did not like it
Jul 23, 2016
Anna Juran
Anna Juran rated it did not like it
May 30, 2015
Dwight G Saunders
Dwight G Saunders rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Taylor
Taylor rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2014
N knight
N knight rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2014
Hanleigh Bradley
Hanleigh Bradley rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2015
Jeri
Jeri rated it it was ok
Oct 11, 2015
Yolanda Rodriguez
Yolanda Rodriguez rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2015
Jessie Tennie
Jessie Tennie rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2015
Jim Bay
Jim Bay rated it it was amazing
Jun 08, 2016
Robin
Robin rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Tara
Tara rated it it was ok
Feb 25, 2015
P.
P. rated it it was ok
Aug 08, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2008
Anne Armitage
Anne Armitage rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2015
Usha Surampudi
Usha Surampudi rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Marion Chesney Gibbons
aka: Ann Fairfax, Helen Crampton, Marion Chesney, Charlotte Ward, M.C. Beaton, Sarah Chester.

Marion Chesney was born on 1936 in Glasgow, Scotland, UK, and started her first job as a bookseller in charge of the fiction department in John Smith & Sons Ltd. While bookselling, by chance, she got an offer from the Scottish Daily Mail to review variety shows and quickly ro
More about Jennie Tremaine...

Ladies in Love (7 books)
  • Polly (Edwardian Candlelight, #1) (Regency Love, #5)
  • Daisy (Regency Love, #3)
  • Ginny (Regency Love, #7)
  • Tilly (Regency Love, #9)
  • Poppy (Regency Love, #12)
  • Maggie (Regency Love, #14)