Start by marking “Women Who Do Too Much: How to Stop Doing It All and Start Enjoying Your Life” as Want to Read:
Women Who Do Too Much: How to Stop Doing It All and Start Enjoying Your Life

Women Who Do Too Much: How to Stop Doing It All and Start Enjoying Your Life

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  32 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Are you tired of being all things to all people?

Are you overwhelmed by busyness, guilt, and stress? Women Who Do Too Much has already helped thousands of high-pressured women depressurize. This new edition, streamlined and updated to address the needs of women today, shows you – the women who does too much – how to do less, live better, and accomplish what truly matters.

By
Paperback, Abridged, 192 pages
Published October 13th 2002 by Zondervan (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Women Who Do Too Much, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Women Who Do Too Much

Beth
Aug 27, 2015 Beth rated it really liked it
I read the 1st edition of this book many years ago (when my life was much busier). Sprinkle also writes mysteries that I have enjoyed, so I decided to pick up this second edition (written in 2002). Written from a Christian perspective (Sprinkle was the wife of a pastor), I think it's one of the best books I have read on time management for women. She goes beyond simply giving tips to help you fit more in each day and helps you think about what you want to do and setting priorities, and talks abo ...more
Natasha
Oct 14, 2013 Natasha rated it liked it
I appreciated how practical this book was, but it was often so practical, it sometimes left God behind. I would say, read this book, take the practical applications, but instead of focusing on what YOU want for your life, first ask God, what he wants for your life and then use the practical in the book to help you focus on God's response. I suppose you can only say, "pray over your decisions" so much, but as someone who has a tendency to put "to-do" lists above God's plan and being flexible abou ...more
Dawn Muir-Frost
Apr 09, 2013 Dawn Muir-Frost rated it it was ok
I had trouble getting through this book and almost put it down a few times because I so strongly disagreed with the author's assumptions, particularly about the workplace, financial information, and the parents relationship to their children. I felt that while the author was trying to provide good tips on time management, her style definitely did not appeal to me. I have had much better success with other time management books.
Andrea Vollmar
Aug 10, 2013 Andrea Vollmar rated it it was amazing
Literally changed my life. And that's not a phrase I use flippantly. As someone who has always been too busy to spend time on things that are important to me, I gained some very valuable Christian insights and truths from this book that completely changed my mindset on this whole issue. I am going to start weaving its truths into my life tapestry starting NOW. I highly recommend this to all Christian women!
Darcy
Feb 08, 2013 Darcy rated it really liked it
The beginning is slow. I found the book to be full of ideas & tips. Even though some of them I've heard of before, she presented it in a new way.

One quote that spoke to me on pg 36. "Just think: The very traits you are trying to change in somebody may be what God will eventually use in their lives to build up the kingdom! Don't get in the way.
Cindy
Jul 31, 2008 Cindy rated it it was ok
I read it for a book group at my church. I didn't get anything remarkable out of it. It was an easy read. Maybe if I were busier? The book group was fun, though.
L Arbour
L Arbour marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Collena Farmer
Collena Farmer rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Robin Hanna
Robin Hanna rated it it was amazing
Mar 23, 2016
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Cmhunt
Cmhunt marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
mrs e gray
mrs e gray marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2015
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Heather Reardon
Heather Reardon rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2015
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Leslie
Leslie rated it really liked it
May 29, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Andrea Johnson
Andrea Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Rosemarie Kind
Rosemarie Kind marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Heidi Kelsch
Heidi Kelsch rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2016
Kara
Kara marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Bones B
Bones B rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2014
Ellen
Ellen rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Jill B.
Jill B. rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Aka Patricia Houck Sprinkle.

When I met and married Bob, he looked over our budget and demanded, "Why don’t you write a mystery to pay for all the ones you buy?" I immediately knew I wanted to put a body in a building where I’d once worked. However, being over-endowed with the Protestant ethic, I wrote "important" things first and only wrote the mystery in my spare time, so my first mystery, Murder
More about Patricia Sprinkle...