Start by marking “Children Who Do Too Little: Why Your Kids Need to Work Around the House (and How to Get Them to Do It)” as Want to Read:

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Using stories and plenty of humor, Patricia Sprinkle argues persuasively that children need to do chores to develop basic life skills.
Published November 1st 1996 by Zondervan Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Children Who Do Too Little, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Children Who Do Too Little

Elizabeth
Much of this book was wasted on me as it seems to me that author is remarkably like myself or my mother. She recommends book I have already read, brings in theories I already agree with, suggests ideas my mother used, etc... She even recommends a book by Joy Berry who writes wonderful books my mother collected and passed on to me. I was able to read this book quite quickly because she even conveniently puts in a summary at the end of each chapter.

The list or chores by age was also very nice. I
Adrienne
BEST book ever on teaching kids to clean. Even if your kids do a good job on their chores, this book will make you realize that they can DO MORE than they are already doing. Most American kids do not do enough chores. Too much entertainment will not lead to confident, responsible adults. This book will motivate you as a parent to set a strong chore system in your daily routines.
Nancy
This should be required reading for every parent. I found the age appropriate chore list to be very helpful. We focused on it for several summers with our girls. Good basic life skills that every child needs!
Skye
Reinforced the idea that parents really do their children a disservice by not teaching them to work. I wanted more concrete, specific ideas of how or I would have rated it higher.
Monica Albright
Lots of great advice...now to put it into action...with the help of God and lots of prayers.
Nicole Vander Zwaag
Great book!! Have implemented several techniques at home and are enjoying the results!!
Deborah Wetherill
Deborah Wetherill marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Cair-paravel De Luney
Cair-paravel De Luney marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Jennburns77
Jennburns77 marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Gassaway Baptist
Gassaway Baptist marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Julie Tucker
Julie Tucker marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Kate Michael-mattsey
Kate Michael-mattsey marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Sarah Quinlan
Sarah Quinlan marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Rachel Norman
Rachel Norman marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Sabrina Hull
Sabrina Hull marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
Mandy Peterson
Mandy Peterson marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Julie Dunagan
Julie Dunagan marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2012
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2012
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2012
Luiz
Luiz added it
Sep 04, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Aka Patricia Houck Sprinkle.

When I met and married Bob, he looked over our budget and demanded, "Why don’t you write a mystery to pay for all the ones you buy?" I immediately knew I wanted to put a body in a building where I’d once worked. However, being over-endowed with the Protestant ethic, I wrote "important" things first and only wrote the mystery in my spare time, so my first mystery, Murder
More about Patricia Sprinkle...
Death on the Family Tree (Family Tree, #1) When Did We Lose Harriet? (Thoroughly Southern, #1) Who Invited the Dead Man? (Thoroughly Southern, #3) Who Left That Body in the Rain? (Thoroughly Southern, #4) But Why Shoot the Magistrate? (Thoroughly Southern, #2)