Start by marking “Zero” as Want to Read:
Zero

Zero

THE DEAD WALK!!!

We've read the headline a thousand times. An apocalypse in full swing greets us and we witness the fall of society, the end of life as we know it. Yet, so often, the questions remains unanswered:

Where did it all begin?
How did it start?
Who was the first person infected?

ZERO is a septuplet of tales that does not drop you into the middle of the outbreak.
Published August 31st 2011 by May December Publications LLC (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Zero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zero

Chantal Boudreau
Apr 16, 2012 Chantal Boudreau rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Until now, my favourite anthology from May December Publications has been Midnight Movie Creature Feature, but it has been knocked out of top spot by Zero. There were only seven stories in this book, longer short stories and novelettes, so chances were that this anthology was going to be either a hit or a miss. In my opinion, it was a hit. I went in expecting the stories to be fairly similar, typical viral outbreaks leading to the zombie apocalypse but all seven stories were very good, and for ...more
T.W. Brown
Sep 10, 2011 T.W. Brown rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Our newest anthology features stories about the FIRST person to be infected...not standard zombie fare...this is the "How did it all begin?" stuff...
Stephanie
Jan 05, 2013 Stephanie rated it liked it
"Zero" is a collection of short stories by seven different authors, all detailing the origins of unrelated zombie outbreaks. The quality is quite varied, both with the editing and the storytelling.

The first story, "The Morning Show Host" is told via a heart-breaking letter written to survivors of the zombie apocalypse. Minnie Brown documents her sad and unfortunate role in the outbreak. There is a sweetness to her story as she reminisces about her romance with her boyfriend, but it is overwhelme
Vix
Apr 23, 2012 Vix rated it really liked it
a great mix of authors, all trying to bring a unique idea to how the ZomPoc starts.

The Morning Host Show: this was by far my favourite. I'm not sure I will ever pick up a real book again for fear of a paper cut! Minnie is such a real character I felt I knew her, or at least heard her shows. I'm sure we can all understand her need to do the "ostrich" on her discovery and as for letting the gorgeous Issac out to eat the world... hey we are known of us perfect.

Zombie Curse: The author was very clev
Selinalynn
May 16, 2012 Selinalynn rated it really liked it
This a collection of short stories revolved around a zombie theme. Seven stories total, each one looks at how the zombies "came to be". Not a lot of stories tell you how the outbreak/illness started. Most stories tell of the spread of the illness or the stories of survivors. These stories take on a new perspective, "Where did it come from?" Take a chance and see if these stories could be the beginning of something terrifying in your town.
Erika
Jul 08, 2012 Erika rated it really liked it
Shelves: like, kindle-loan
It is difficult to give a rating to a series of short stories compiled. Some of them were excellent, others just OK. "The morning show host" by Patrick Shand is extraordinary, "William" by A.A Garrison actually gave me nightmares, "Escarg-O" by Chantal Boudreau left me wanting more and "Quietus" by Christopher Beck left me deeply disturbed.
A wide range of stories about zombies, each one different and most of them away from the stereotype. Highly recommended
Dana *
A pretty good set of zombie stories, some fun twists. Worth a look for some quick enjoyment.
T
Jan 27, 2016 T rated it really liked it
The description of the book misleads you into thinking this is all about zombies and the start of the apocalypse, the latter is correct.
The best way to umbrella the stories in the book is outbreak anthology.
I took notes of each story and rated them individually, hopefully my quick notes don't spoil the story and entices you to take a chance on this anthology.

The Morning Show Host by Patrick Shand - 5 stars
- Clever word play of the title
- Origin story with an apology letter aspect

Zombie Curse by
Wayne Yeager
the book is a bit uneven. two or three of the stories are engaging, entertaining and enjoyable. The other stories are not as good. It really is a mixed bag.
Anastacia
Sep 03, 2013 Anastacia rated it liked it
Some good zombie origin stories, but the first two were so terrible I almost lost hope for this anthology. The rest are great, I especially liked "William."
Faye
Faye rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2012
Nicole Hansen
Nicole Hansen rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2015
Renee Stober
Renee Stober rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2012
Danny Wilson
Danny Wilson rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2013
Lawrence A. Nuchesi
Lawrence A. Nuchesi rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2014
Annika
Annika rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2012
Adam
Adam rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2012
Tammy G.Beard
Tammy G.Beard rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2014
Eva
Eva rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2012
brendon savage
brendon savage rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2012
Patrick J Dalton
Patrick J Dalton rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Laura rated it it was ok
Aug 13, 2016
Mateo
Mateo rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2012
Gretchen
Gretchen rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Byron
Byron rated it did not like it
Jun 27, 2012
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2013
frances bergman
frances bergman rated it liked it
May 06, 2015
Jaleesa
Jaleesa rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
May December Publ...: Zero 1 4 Sep 10, 2011 04:42PM
Tucked away in the Pacific Northwest with my wife Denise, a Border Collie named Aoife, a guitar collection, and an increasing number of aquariums sporting a variety of fish (cichlids are my new favorites), I live for football season when I can cheer on the Oregon Ducks and be disappointed by my Seattle Seahawks once again. I am a fan of Cookie Monster, KISS, and Dr. Who (along with most things ...more
More about T.W. Brown...