Start by marking “Nate the Great Stalks Stupidweed” as Want to Read:
Nate the Great Stalks Stupidweed

Nate the Great Stalks Stupidweed (Nate the Great #9)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  150 ratings  ·  13 reviews
These chapter books introduce beginning readers to the detective mystery genre. Perfect for the Common Core, kids can problem-solve with Nate, using logical thinking to solve mysteries!

When Oliver asks his friend Nate the Great tofind his lost weed, Nate can't say no. This isn'tjust any weed. It's a Superweed that Oliver boughtfrom Rosamond's Adopt-A-Weedsale.

First Nate mu
Published February 1st 1989 by Yearling (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Nate the Great Stalks Stupidweed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nate the Great Stalks Stupidweed

Measle and the Mallockee by Ian OgilvyStink by Megan McDonaldThe Grunts in Trouble by Philip ArdaghAwful End by Philip ArdaghThe Fall of Fergal by Philip Ardagh
Series Reads for 2nd Grade Boys
74th out of 91 books — 2 voters
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyHorrid Henry by Francesca SimonDragon Rider by Cornelia FunkeDragon Howl by Vanessa RouseHorrid Henry Gets Rich Quick by Francesca Simon
2nd Grade Book List for Boys
139th out of 151 books — 66 voters

More lists with this book...

A book my 6 yr old loved, a little old for my preschoolers. A solid reading level 2 book, this reader has a good amount of advanced vocabulary words, but not so long that it discourages a new reader. Used it for his read out loud book, which was perfect. It took about 15 mins for him to read and had just enough new vocabulary words to make it challenging. Also, it was a fun and interesting story he could get into. He liked it so much, he asked for more by this author. Great reading book!
Took me back

I used to read these all the time when I was younger... when at the library recently I saw one of these books and remembered them, and decided to read one again. This one was very good and is recommend it to any young person.
Leiera Monae
Children's Reading Adventures Book Club, Summer 2014

*D.E.A.R. Time -- Read with 7 year olds*

Almost impossible to read this aloud with a straight face. "Stupidweed". Heh heh heh.
Oct 13, 2014 Sal marked it as to-read
that there are stupid seeweed
Michelle. D.
Nate the Great books aren't that great. I hated them when I was a kid, yet I would always read them.The endings of the books were always the same, they figured out what or who did it. And where are Nate's parents? They just let their son walk around everywhere and question people. That is very irresponsible of them. Nate the Great books always made me fall asleep and always wasted my time. I would not recommend this book to anyone, especially little kids. If kids want real mystery, they should r ...more
Oct 05, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our girls, especially our youngest, love the "Nate the Great" mysteries. I'm not as big of a fan, but they are cute. This one involves Nate searching for a weed. It's a silly story, but Nate goes to the library, and that's always a bonus in a story.
Kristine Pratt
This was a very clever story, in the tradition of a locked room puzzle, where a weed mysteriously disappeared from an enclosed porch. I really liked this one.
Sally Kilpatrick
I have to love this book for many reasons, not the least of which is Oliver is a pest who's lost his weed.
Level 4. Kiddo likes the detective work in the Nate the Great series.
Good book for my 2nd grader to read on his own. Also a good bedtime story.
I learned how to turn sick leaves,back into healthy laeves!
Zistliu marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Dr. Wells
Dr. Wells marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Madeline Friedman
Madeline Friedman marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
Badge marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Denise marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Nathan added it
Jul 14, 2015
Audrey added it
Jun 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Young Cam Jansen and the Dinosaur Game (Young Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
  • Biscuit Finds a Friend
  • Greg's Microscope
  • Poppleton In Fall
  • Dinosaur Days
  • Dodsworth in New York
  • Hooray For Fly Guy! (Fly Guy, #6)
  • The Case of the Spooky Sleepover (Jigsaw Jones Mystery #4)
  • Mouse and Mole, Fine Feathered Friends
  • Commander Toad in Space (Commander Toad)
Marjorie Weinman Sharmat is an American children's writer. She has written more than 130 books for children and teens and her books have been translated into several languages. They have won awards including Book of the Year by the Library of Congress or have become selections by the Literary Guild.
More about Marjorie Weinman Sharmat...

Nate the Great (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Nate the Great
  • Nate the Great Goes Undercover
  • Nate The Great And The Lost List (Nate The Great)
  • Nate the Great and the Phony Clue
  • Nate the Great and the Sticky Case
  • Nate the Great and the Missing Key
  • Nate the Great and the Snowy Trail
  • Nate the Great and the Fishy Prize
  • Nate the Great and the Boring Beach Bag
  • Nate the Great and the Halloween Hunt
Nate the Great Nate the Great Goes Undercover Nate the Great and the Big Sniff Nate the Great and the Missing Key Nate the Great and the Sticky Case