Start by marking “Nate the Great and Me: The Case of the Fleeing Fang (Nate The Great)” as Want to Read:
Nate the Great and Me: The Case of the Fleeing Fang (Nate The Great)

Nate the Great and Me: The Case of the Fleeing Fang (Nate the Great #21)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  182 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Nate the Great needs your help. Annie's dog, Fang, is missing! That's what Nate discovers when his friends throw him a surprise Happy Detective Day party. Where is Fang? As you and Nate track down clues--Fang was learning tricks for the party; he was seen running away from two tiny poodles and following a lady wearing fluffy-bunny shoes--Nate will share his expert detectiv ...more
Published February 8th 2000 by Yearling (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Nate the Great and Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nate the Great and Me

midnightfaerie
A book my 6 yr old loved, a little old for my preschoolers. A solid reading level 2 book, this reader has a good amount of advanced vocabulary words, but not so long that it discourages a new reader. Used it for his read out loud book, which was perfect. It took about 15 mins for him to read and had just enough new vocabulary words to make it challenging. Also, it was a fun and interesting story he could get into. He liked it so much, he asked for more by this author. Great reading book!
Dolly
Nov 13, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is another entertaining story in the Nate the Great series by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat and Marc Simont. We've read most of these stories and our youngest really likes them. They are always fun, and always strange.

This story has an interesting format, with Nate speaking directly to the reader and including us into the detective work. It's a good mystery and our girls were excited because we figured it out. There are some fun pages at the end of the book, with detective tips, a puzzle and yum
Kristen
Dec 02, 2015 Kristen rated it it was ok
The solution upon which the mystery hinges is a stretch. My students did love the mention of tuna fish pancakes though- they cracked up!
Michelle. D.
Sep 04, 2010 Michelle. D. rated it did not like it
Shelves: was-awful
Nate the Great books aren't that great. I hated them when I was a kid, yet I would always read them.The endings of the books were always the same, they figured out what or who did it. And where are Nate's parents? They just let their son walk around everywhere and question people. That is very irresponsible of them. Nate the Great books always made me fall asleep and always wasted my time. I would not recommend this book to anyone, especially little kids. If kids want real mystery, they should r ...more
Clinton Brown
This book is about Nate speicl day when people celbrate good things about Nate the great.Then all of his friends were there absep one Annie's dog named fang. Then all of his friends started to seraching for fang so Nate went home and left his mother a note. Then so nate went to started to look for fang to so that he fount him sleeping beside this man.
Kristine Hansen
Aug 10, 2012 Kristine Hansen rated it it was amazing
This has to be one of my all time favorite Nate the Great books. Here you get a chance to solve the case before Nate and his friends do. Lots of clues, lots of clever twists and turns, and I STILL didn't figure it out before the end of the book. A really fun read!
Shauna
Jan 07, 2009 Shauna rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 2nd graders
Recommended to Shauna by: no one
Read this to the class in two sittings. Liked the color pictures. I think this must be a few chapters from one of the larger Nate the Great books. The story was familiar to me.
Seth
Feb 10, 2014 Seth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: by-myself
the case is that Fang was lost. Fang was at the park. Sludge helped him by licking because there were doggie poems and one of them was Bark Bark Bark go to the park.
Katie Fitzgerald
This book is mentioned in my blog post from 3/18/11 entitled Easy Readers Old and New: http://sharingsoda.blogspot.com/2011/...
Marilyn
Oct 09, 2011 Marilyn rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
Other Nate the Great books have made us laugh out loud. This one not so much, but it has a code and a pancake recipe in the back...
Young-In Soh
Dec 08, 2013 Young-In Soh rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Not the best Nate the Great book, but I like this series. Such a cute series for first and second graders. =D
Giggy
Aug 04, 2009 Giggy rated it it was amazing
i'm just rating this one for all of them.
Elizabeth
Chapter book, includes a few activities.
Gage
Mar 29, 2011 Gage rated it did not like it
Didn't finish...Boooooooooooooooooooooo!
Michelle
Jun 19, 2008 Michelle rated it it was amazing
I used to love these books in grade school :D
Julian
Mar 18, 2008 Julian rated it really liked it
I like the activities in that book.
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Taty
Taty rated it it was amazing
Jun 27, 2016
ForemanTeaches
ForemanTeaches marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Sakura
Sakura rated it did not like it
Jun 21, 2016
C Reid
C Reid marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Đỗ Thanh
Đỗ Thanh marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Mateo Graif
Mateo Graif marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Corbyn
Corbyn marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Jun 13, 2016
Naomi
Naomi rated it liked it
May 14, 2016
  • Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb? (Capital Mysteries, #5)
  • Get Well, Good Knight
  • Aunt Eater Loves a Mystery
  • The Whale
  • Star Wars: What Is A Wookiee? (DK Readers)
  • The Magic School Bus and the Science Fair Expedition (The Magic School Bus, #11)
  • Grasshopper on the Road
  • Amazing Magnetism (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #12)
  • Young Cam Jansen and the Dinosaur Game (Young Cam Jansen Mysteries, #1)
  • Minnie and Moo Go to the Moon (Minnie and Moo (DK Hardcover))
  • Who Took the Farmer's Hat?
Marjorie Weinman Sharmat is an American children's writer. She has written more than 130 books for children and teens and her books have been translated into several languages. They have won awards including Book of the Year by the Library of Congress or have become selections by the Literary Guild.
More about Marjorie Weinman Sharmat...

Nate the Great (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Nate the Great
  • Nate the Great Goes Undercover
  • Nate The Great And The Lost List (Nate The Great)
  • Nate the Great and the Phony Clue