Start by marking “Nate The Great And The Lost List (Nate The Great)” as Want to Read:
Nate The Great And The Lost List (Nate The Great)

Nate The Great And The Lost List (Nate the Great #3)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  246 ratings  ·  12 reviews
These chapter books introduce beginning readers to the detective mystery genre. Perfect for the Common Core, kids can problem-solve with Nate, using logical thinking to solve mysteries!

Although Nate the Great and his dog, Sludge, are on vacation, they just can't resist a new case. When his friend Claude's grocery list is lost, Nate sets out to find it before lunch. But lun...more
Published May 1st 1991 by Yearling (first published January 1st 1975)

To ask other readers questions about Nate The Great And The Lost List, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nate The Great And The Lost List

Measle and the Mallockee by Ian OgilvyStink by Megan McDonaldThe Grunts in Trouble by Philip ArdaghAwful End by Philip ArdaghThe Fall of Fergal by Philip Ardagh
Series Reads for 2nd Grade Boys
72nd out of 91 books — 2 voters
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyHorrid Henry's Joke Book by Francesca SimonDragon Howl by Vanessa RouseDragon Rider by Cornelia FunkeThe Adventures of Captain Underpants by Dav Pilkey
2nd Grade Book List for Boys
118th out of 133 books — 21 voters

More lists with this book...

Kaethe
Somewhere out there, Nate the Great is wandering around, solving very easy puzzles, and eating pancakes, and avoiding his weirder acquaintances. So shall it always be.

I'm glad we're out of Nate territory.
A.
One of things I like in all Nate the Great mysteries, is the notes he writes to his mom before starting any of his investigations. That shows a mature side of his personality which may build some sense of responsibility among his readers.

The lost list case teaches us that we all see things in different ways. What Nate thought it’s the lost list turned to be a map he drew, and what Rosamond thought it’s a pancake recipe for cats turned to be what Claude was looking for. In this one I couldn’t gue...more
Michelle. D.
Nate the Great books aren't that great. I hated them when I was a kid, yet I would always read them.The endings of the books were always the same, they figured out what or who did it. And where are Nate's parents? They just let their son walk around everywhere and question people. That is very irresponsible of them. Nate the Great books always made me fall asleep and always wasted my time. I would not recommend this book to anyone, especially little kids. If kids want real mystery, they should r...more
Janelle
I read this chapter book for the "Mystery" selection. I love the Nate the Great books. They are wonderful for kids who enjoy mystery books, as well as for kids learning to read chapter books. This book is a cute story line of Nate and his dog Sludge trying to solve the mystery of the lost grocery list. This could be used in the classroom for kids if they want to act out a mystery skit or create their own mystery storyline of Nate the Great. All the fun characters will keep kids hooked!
Dolly
Oct 28, 2010 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We found some Nate the Great stories we haven't read yet and are enjoying getting back into the series again. We had read all the books in this series that were in our old library system. Now that we have moved, we've found all kinds of new books available to us. Yay! In any case, this was a fun mystery and as our girls are becoming more interested in cooking, they particularly liked this story. We'll have to make pancakes very soon!
Shawn Bird
Cute story, well paced, logical development, funny characters. Excellent early chapter book for grade ones and twos. :-)
Heidi
Was I supposed to figure out the mystery before I was halfway through the book? Maybe I can chalk that up to age. The book makes me smile, and gives me a bit of a wrinkled brow. It's not bad. It's fantastic for its age group. Humorous. Can promote deductive reasoning. I...don't know why my brow was wrinkled. Maybe Nate the Great can figure it out.
Kristine Pratt
Cats, pancakes, and a lost shopping list come together in this crazy mystery featuring Nate the Great. Once again the author has told us an entertaining story with an unexpected twist and even a solid lesson about human nature.

I loved this book and yes, would recommend it to anyone to enjoy!
Terri Pray
Third in the Nate the Great series and Jack enjoyed the story. It's a simple detective story aimed at 1-3 grade students. Cute illustrations, simple sentences and easy to read.
Maggie
It was funny that Rosamond was cover in flour and made cat pancakes! Just from the list.
Cyndi Taylor
We love the Nate the great books.
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Kelly Smith
Kelly Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Bookgirl9
Bookgirl9 marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Aaron Nissen
Aaron Nissen marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Callie
Callie marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2014
Lissy
Lissy added it
Sep 14, 2014
  • Henry and Mudge and the Wild Wind (Henry and Mudge, #12)
  • The White Wolf (A to Z Mysteries, #23)
  • The Mystery of the Circus Clown (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #7)
  • Commander Toad in Space (Commander Toad)
  • The African Safari Discovery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventure, #6)
  • The Great Egyptian Grave Robbery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #2)
Marjorie Weinman Sharmat is an American children's writer. She has written more than 130 books for children and teens and her books have been translated into several languages. They have won awards including Book of the Year by the Library of Congress or have become selections by the Literary Guild.
More about Marjorie Weinman Sharmat...
Nate the Great Nate the Great Goes Undercover Nate the Great and the Big Sniff Nate the Great and the Missing Key Nate the Great and the Sticky Case