Nate the Great and the Fishy Prize

Nate the Great and the Fishy Prize (Nate the Great #8)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  159 ratings  ·  8 reviews
These chapter books introduce beginning readers to the detective mystery genre. Perfect for the Common Core, kids can problem-solve with Nate, using logical thinking to solve mysteries!

Nate the Great is about to enter his dog, Sludge, in the smartest pet contest. But when the prize disappears, it looks as if the contest will flop.

It's a tough case for Nate and Sludge as th...more
Published February 1st 1988 by Yearling (first published February 1st 1984)

Measle and the Mallockee by Ian OgilvyStink by Megan McDonaldThe Grunts in Trouble by Philip ArdaghAwful End by Philip ArdaghThe Fall of Fergal by Philip Ardagh
Series Reads for 2nd Grade Boys
78th out of 91 books — 2 voters
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff KinneyNeurology by April Chloe TerrazasCellular Biology by April Chloe TerrazasChemistry by April Chloe TerrazasMOOBALA SCHMOOBALA by M.G. Wells
2nd Grade Book List for Boys
122nd out of 131 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Michelle. D.
Nate the Great books aren't that great. I hated them when I was a kid, yet I would always read them.The endings of the books were always the same, they figured out what or who did it. And where are Nate's parents? They just let their son walk around everywhere and question people. That is very irresponsible of them. Nate the Great books always made me fall asleep and always wasted my time. I would not recommend this book to anyone, especially little kids. If kids want real mystery, they should r...more
Dolly
Dec 16, 2009 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our girls love the Nate the Great series, especially my youngest. The stories aren't too long; we can read the whole book at one time. They are pretty silly, but fun and demonstrate common sense thinking. We love the common themes throughout the series; Nate's love for pancakes, his weird friends and their weird pets, and his great detective dog, Sludge.
Elizabeth
My three-year-old daughter really loves when I read Nate the Great. She picks up on quite a few of the details. These aren't my favorite books for kids, but they are great as they see Nate use common sense and linear thinking. The worst I can say is they're repetitive and for younger children.
Carrie
Cute story for beginning readers about a boy w/ a dog named Sludge who solves a silly mystery. The second part of the book has interesting facts about a few animals, a the skill test for your dog and some corny animal riddles. Good for ages 5-7
Eliza
I thought this book was really good because I like the way Nate the Great didn't see the prize when he walked past it outside. And then he realized that Fang knocked it out with his tail!
Angela
I liked how Nate uses commom sense to think things through. This story would be great to introduce linear thinking to younger kids. I do wonder where Nate's parents are though.
Victorb
Nate the Great was on his bike. Nate smells a fishy clue. pip brot his porot. I Like It.
Shelley
This one my son asked and asked to own. It's a good one.
Kate
Kate added it
Mar 23, 2014
Kashif
Kashif marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Joanna
Joanna added it
Feb 20, 2014
Glenn Dawe
Glenn Dawe marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Ameryn
Ameryn added it
Feb 06, 2014
Charity
Charity marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Kelli
Kelli added it
Jan 23, 2014
Hike
Hike added it
Jan 16, 2014
lori shikuma
lori shikuma marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Harmony Dalrymple
Harmony Dalrymple marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
Jana
Jana added it
Dec 28, 2013
Andrea Labonte
Andrea Labonte marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Nate the Great Nate the Great Goes Undercover Nate the Great and the Big Sniff Nate the Great and the Missing Key Nate the Great and the Sticky Case