Start by marking “Model Marine (Harlequin Blaze)” as Want to Read:
Model Marine (Harlequin Blaze)

Model Marine (Harlequin Blaze)

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  126 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews

Subject: Captain Will Hughes, U.S. Marine Corps
Current Status: On assignment in NYCsuddenly recruited to shed the uniform!
Mission: Serve as model, muse and man-toy without running afoul of the general.
Obstacle: Hannah Harrington, fashion world It girl.

Hannah narrowly escapes Fashion Week disaster by hijacking gorgeous Will for her runway showafter all, rock-hard abs are t
Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Model Marine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Model Marine

Barbara
Dec 01, 2011 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book!! Captain William Hughes, US Marine, agrees to help a damsel in distress and winds up on a NYC fashion runway. Hannah, said damsel, is in need of a couple male models, stat!, for her NYC designer show. She finds Will and his friend, Rafe, on the street and completely lucks out.

Hannah and Will explode off the pages; their chemistry is combustible. I loved them! Their first night together made me blush. :)

If you like men in uniform, this is a must-read! Highly recomme
E.L.
Jan 15, 2012 E.L. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh! Talk about a great book! I absoletly love men in uniform (husband is a SGT in the army hooah!) But i have to admit marines tend to be way hotter than the others lol. My favorite book like this before was At Your Command, also about a marine, but i dare say this one has just replaced it! Excellent work!
Saly
The book was pretty average. Designer heroine, desperate recruits two marines she sees, to model for her and then spends the night with one of them. The hero Will is in deep shit for it later with his General father but they decide to have an affair which turns into more.

As I said earlier average.
Donna
I don’t usually read Harlequin’s “mini” novels but this was Candace Havens. She writes quirky, funny chick lit. Model Marine was a short, fun vacation for the mind. If you need a quick escape do read this.
Claire
Nov 28, 2011 Claire rated it it was amazing
I really liked Will and Hannah. They were so different, but underneath both basically outstanding people. I was cheering for them the whole time!
Liz Mulherin
Mar 27, 2012 Liz Mulherin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love these type of books!
Gail
Feb 20, 2014 Gail rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: category-romance
I must admit that the fashion industry is not my thing, but this book was so readable and entertaining that it didn't matter whether I knew the difference between a Louboutin and an Easy Spirit. I liked the plot, I liked the characters, and I just zipped through this Blaze and enjoyed it all. I don't think I've read anything else by Candace Havens but I'm going to - and soon! Loved this one!!
Cathy Beckett
This book is a fast read. It was sweet but not a keeper. I guess I wasn't in the mood for light and fluffy. Oh well I have enjoyed Havens's other books and I will continue to read her.
Feb 11, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a quick, cute read. The direction of the story is pretty obvious but it still enjoyable. I recommend this book to anyone who likes short stories, contemporary romance, and military romance.

Quotes:
And the woman of his dreams had promised him anything.
Luckily he knew exactly what he wanted. page 16

Home. This was where he belonged. page 119
Jacqueline
I keep deciding not to read anymore Blaze books and then I pick up another one thinking well, maybe it's the previously read books and not the line that I'm not a huge fan of. I almost stopped reading it near the beginning but I figured that I might as well finish it since I'd already started. I didn't entirely not enjoy it but I think the Blaze line is just not for me.
Tawnya
Oct 02, 2013 Tawnya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book! I never thought I would read a book about the fashion world and the military world mixing, however Havens did it, and a very good job of it too.
Lisa
Mar 28, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the exchange between the main characters. The little bit of insight into the mindset of marines was interesting as well. Nice quick read.
Tracy Elizabeth
Jul 26, 2012 Tracy Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I mean the girl was waaaay to easy and the guy could've been any other asshole. But the sex was great! So yeah I reccomend this book.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Uniformly Hot!
Fernande
Sep 09, 2015 Fernande marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
written is small
Crystal Messick
Crystal Messick rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
Toni Thompson
Toni Thompson marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Bookwormnettie
Bookwormnettie rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Angel Girl 48
Angel Girl 48 marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2016
Moxer
Moxer rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Aletta Boshoff
Aletta Boshoff marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Chris Kotrodimos
Chris Kotrodimos rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Caity Flower
Caity Flower rated it it was ok
Feb 13, 2016
Aaron
Aaron marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Dawn Barber
Dawn Barber marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Night Maneuvers
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • High Stakes Seduction (Uniformly Hot!, #17)
  • The Rebel
  • Tailspin (Uniformly Hot!, #19)
  • Highly Charged! (Uniformly Hot!, #16)
  • Hotshot \ Going for It (Uniformly Hot! #20)
  • No Going Back
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Red-Hot Santa
  • Merry Christmas, Baby: It's Christmas, Cowboy! + Northern Fantasy + He'll Be Home for Christmas
  • In the Line of Fire (Harlequin Blaze #598) (Uniformly Hot!, #15)
  • The Mighty Quinns: Danny (The Mighty Quinns, #17)
  • The Braddock Boys: Travis (Blaze) (Braddock Boys, #3) (Love at First Bite, #6)
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • Breaking the Rules (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #14)
Bestselling author Candace Havens has written six novels for Berkley including, Charmed & Dangerous, Charmed & Ready, Charmed & Deadly, Like A Charm, The Demon King and I and Dragons Prefer Blondes. She has also written four books for Harlequin's Blaze line, including Take Me If You Dare, She Who Dares, Wins, Truth and Dare, and The Model Marine. Candace's work is also featured in Spir ...more
More about Candace Havens...