Start by marking “In the Dark” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
In the Dark

Pamela Burford

In the Dark (The Wrong Bed #7)

THE WRONG BED

Brody Mikhailov was expecting a fruit basket at his hotel. But maybe a New York City blackout rated special attention. Like a woman in his bed. A near-naked woman who insisted that he had a very special date with her.

Too late he discovered what kind of date it was.

Cat Seabright had a "baby-making date" with her best friend's cousin she'd met once. But in the d

Published July 15th 2011 by Harlequin (first published February 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about In the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Dark

Christine Woinich
This book was a fun read. I loved how it began, how Caitlin and Brody first meet. When Caitlin realized she would have to work with her mystery man, the fun began. Caitlin was quick on her feet, telling lies to cover up her situation. Brody was very forgiving as things began to unravel. He knew what was more important to him, even though his life plan changed. I highly recommend this book and look forward to reading more by Pamela.

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Annette
Aug 21, 2016 Annette rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mistaken Identity!

Cat wants to be a mom and since she can’t find Mr. Right, she asks plans to hook up with her friend’s cousin for one night. Brody is a recluse, his work is his life but he really is a great guy, he just hasn’t opened up to show it. When the lights go out in NY, Cat gets herself in a pickle, (as a reader) her predicament is hilarious but this was the best “mistake” Cat & Brody ever made. Great read!!
Chantal
In the Dark by Pamela Burford

This book was an "OK" read. Honestly, how could not one realize who they are having a night with? It wasn't realistic by any means and that was a bit of a disappointment.

Cat is determined to become a mother and if that means having a "baby making date" with her friends cousin... so be it! What isn't planned is the blackout that occurs that night. With candles lit and Cat hidden under the dark of night a man opens the door and finds a women determined to make sure he has a great night despite t
Laraine
Jan 15, 2017 Laraine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will Decker
Jan 09, 2017 Will Decker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! I thought the premise of the story was intriguing, but Burford outdid herself in bringing it to fruition. The characters, both of which are slightly flawed due to challenging childhoods, discover each other in a bizarre twist of fate when the power goes out in the city. They resist what they both want and need until the very end. How they get there is both fun, entertaining, and suspenseful. The characters are well developed, the editing clean, and for a change, the story had a great ending ...more
C.C. Bolick
Jan 05, 2017 C.C. Bolick rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this story. Both characters are 'in the dark' when they meet - which means all inhibitions can be ignored for one glorious night. Brody is a bachelor who never thought of settling down. Cat is desperate to have a child to raise after years of relationships not working out. The chemistry between the characters sizzles when they meet again and realize one night might not be enough.
Sandra
Jan 14, 2017 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes it's Better in the Dark

WOW! A really fun read with a novel plot twist, well developed characters and truly well written. Pamela Burford delivered it all plus some sizzling romantic scenes "In the Dark". And since my reviews are sometimes littered with ranting about typos and grammatical errors, I'm happy to say what a pleasure it was to read such an entertaining book with only one measly typo. This is easily 5 stars.
Kim
Jan 13, 2017 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good unexpected romance

This was a story about a woman who wanted a baby so bad she decided to have sex with a stranger to conceive. Unfortunately someone else shows up and not only has sex with her but won't let her forget it. He does everything he can to keep her around until she sees how perfect they are together. The only thing that would have made this a better story would be an epilogue. Well worth reading.
Jennifer F
Jan 05, 2017 Jennifer F rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This is a stand alone novel from this new to me author. I really enjoyed this plot line where Cat wants a baby and has a oops moment with Brody who is the wrong man . It all works out in the end as the oops guy ends up being everything she ever needed. This story has good flow, pretty likable characters, and steamy romance
Letha
Jan 05, 2017 Letha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes the darkest places are the brightest.

I thought this was a very sweet romance between two damaged "real" people. I loved the thought of a business providing tender loving care. I especially lived the scene where Cat takes Brody on his first merry go round. Definitely a grab the brass ring love story.
Michelle
Jan 15, 2017 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/4 Stars

I love this author's books. She can be called no perfect people allowed with her characters. The story is good and just right in a "this coule happen to someone i know...in real life".
Virginia
Jan 07, 2017 Virginia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dumb

Sorry I read to chapter 5 wishing it would get better. It didn't. I felt the storyline lacked any type of substance and the whole premise was just dumb. Not worth my time or money
Tamra Perez
Jan 05, 2017 Tamra Perez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet story!

I've known many bad boys and lost causes in my life ... Though none were successful at anything. It's really nice to see the bad boy turn himself around and choose love. Thank you for a story that made me smile.
Lal
Jan 13, 2017 Lal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick read

A book where you continue to read because you want to know what happens next even when you've worked it out already
Tracey
Jan 05, 2017 Tracey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book grabbed me in right from the start. The depth of the characters along with the quirky storyline made for a highly enjoyable read. I can easily see myself reading this book over and over.
Susan
Jan 06, 2017 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining, fun to read.

A fun book to read on a snowy day. Entertaining and well written. The characters were well developed and real.
Suzie
Jan 15, 2017 Suzie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Winner again!!

Pamela delivers again!!! Her books are always fun and full of laughs and romance!!! Definitely one of my go to authors!!!
Cecilia Harding
Jan 13, 2017 Cecilia Harding rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
great ending

I like the fact that Cat is very independent, she showed courage to have a kid in her own. Brody was a girl to dream about.
Patricia Sample
Jan 06, 2017 Patricia Sample rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love this book

Great book from the start to finish...no dumb cliffhangers or continue to the next book to find out what happens trying to force you to buy a book and a great HEA !
g hayes
Jan 15, 2017 g hayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read in one go

I got this book as a freebie and could not put it down, will definitely buy Pamela Burford in future.
William
Jan 05, 2017 William rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
too good to be true

a good supposition but the characters are not fully developed to the point where they can decide where they are going.
Sheryl Mcnaught
Jan 03, 2017 Sheryl Mcnaught rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

Really enjoyed this book .A blackout ,the wrong man and a woman whose biological clock is ticking .It had humour and romance
Michael lewis
Jan 11, 2017 Michael lewis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely heart warming

Easy to read . Could not put book down. Would recommend . For a free book as well. Would love to read.
Elliebit
Jan 04, 2017 Elliebit rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not bad
Laurie
Jan 05, 2017 Laurie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed.
Sammie
Jan 05, 2017 Sammie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a cute read. This was not the original book cover.
Kim
Jan 06, 2017 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. Fun, sexy read.
Amber
Jan 05, 2017 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book but I wish there was a sequel to see how their lives turned out!!
Annette
Oct 03, 2016 Annette rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cat is 37 years old and she wants a baby. She has a plan. Because there is no man in her life, and no possibility of marriage in her future, she decides she will produce a baby for herself. Her best friend has arranged for her cousin, Greg, to stand in as the stud in the picture.

All the plans are made. Cat will use the company penthouse apartment. Greg will meet her there when his plane arrives in New York. Unfortunately, on the appointed night, New York has a blackout.

When Cat realizes it is
Lynn
Aug 22, 2016 Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished-reading
Cat Seabright has decided to take the bull by the horns in order to get what she wants. Greg Bannister was supposed to accomplish that but circumstances changed that. Brody Mikhailov gives Cat the shock of her life.

This author is very devious. She has created two characters that could not be more opposite. But she also had me turning pages because I wanted to know what was happening with Greg. Our author has also given Cat a job where she seems to be in the right/wrong place at the right/wrong t
Pamela Burford is the award-winning author of 17 works of contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and mystery. Her books have sold millions of copies and been translated into more than a dozen languages.

Her latest release is Perforating Pierre, book three of her humorous Jane Delaney mystery series starring Death Diva Jane and her neurotic canine sidekick, Sexy Beast. She's currently working on b
More about Pamela Burford...

The Wrong Bed (1 - 10 of 75 books)
  • Bedded Bliss
  • Honeymoon With A Stranger (The Wrong Bed, #2)
  • Twin Beds (The Wrong Bed, #3)
  • Love Me, Love My Bed (The Wrong Bed, #4)
  • Midnight Train From Georgia (The Wrong Bed, #5)
  • His Double, Her Trouble (The Wrong Bed, #6)
  • Tangled Sheets (Harlequin Temptation #727)
  • Not in My Bed! (Harlequin Temptation #731)
  • While He Was Sleeping (The Wrong Bed, #11)
  • About Last Night...

“Oh yeah, that’s what you want to be,” she muttered as she slammed the drawer shut and fumbled for the one next to it, “the kind of woman men sleep with out of pity.” 0 likes
“She’d located the junk drawer and it bore fruit: a short candle stub, the remnant, no doubt, of some intimate dîner tête à tête. A little more exploring turned up a mostly empty matchbook and a squat, wax-encrusted glass candlestick. She crammed the candle in the holder and touched a lit match to the blackened wick.” 0 likes