Start by marking “Bookkeeping for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Bookkeeping for Dummies

Bookkeeping for Dummies

Accurate and complete bookkeeping is crucial to any business owner, but it's also important to those who work with the business, such as investors, financial institutions, and employees. People both inside and outside the business all depend on a bookkeeper's accurate recordings. Bookkeeping For Dummies provides the easy and painless way to master this crucial art. You'll ...more
Published May 9th 2011 by For Dummies (first published November 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Bookkeeping for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bookkeeping for Dummies

Sassy Brit
Bookkeeping Workbook for Dummies (UK Edition - updated with 's although the font is rather an unusual one!)

Although I am no expert, I have completed an accounting (AAT) and a bookkeeping course (RSA) before, several years ago (and I know more about bookkeeping than bee keeping, that's for sure!) However, I felt my current circumstances would benefit from a refresher course and that's exactly what I got and more.

In true "Guides for Dummies" style, Chartered Accountant Jane Kelly, ACMA, and Financ
Andrea
I may be rating this a little higher than it deserves, as I haven't found anything in this category I'm completely satisfied with. I was able to get the information I needed out of the book, but, for someone with absolutely no background in accounting (which is the intended audience, I assume) the whole issue of how double entries work is counterintuitive and the explanation in this book was not as clear as it could have been. I ended up going to another book to reread the section on journals an ...more
Inma
Sep 07, 2010 Inma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone interested in bookkeeping
The book is the American version, and it covers bookkeeping from the American point of view. As a person living in Ireland I found that most of the book was easily translated to bookkeeping in Ireland or the UK. Only the part dedicated to payroll and taxes was exclusively American, that might be about 20% or less of the book. And even that part might be interesting from an Irish or UK point of view.

Once you get over the fact that the book is destined to an American public and make a bit of "tran
HaameD
Jan 04, 2017 HaameD rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: accounting
I needed to learn a bit of book keeping and of course the double entry bookkeeping for my Financial accounting ACCA F3 course and this book was of help to me.The UK side of the book was also of help to me for my ACCA exams. while it can get a bit wordy and boring sometimes , I think that's just fair given that the subject of the book is also not that interesting. overall I think that Epstein has done a great job and I really liked the book.
H M Reynolds
Jan 25, 2015 H M Reynolds rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good volume to get if you want to learn about what is involved in bookkeeping and know relatively little about it.

If you plan to take it up as a career, you might want to consider doing a professional qualification, which will acquaint you with bookkeeping in greater depth. However, this is a great place to start.
Lu Ann
Dec 26, 2009 Lu Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My kids gave me this book for Christmas. Are they trying to help me prepare for retirement, or are they calling me a dummy:)
 Adriana ♩♪
Adriana ♩♪ rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2013
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Jason Riemens
Jason Riemens rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2015
Alfredo
Alfredo rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2017
Vangie Deleon
Vangie Deleon rated it really liked it
May 01, 2016
tamara patrick
tamara patrick rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2014
Thomas
Thomas rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Jess
Jess rated it it was ok
Aug 28, 2008
Rhonda Lockhart
Rhonda Lockhart rated it it was ok
Jul 28, 2016
Erica
Erica rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2016
Carli Kolber
Carli Kolber rated it it was ok
Aug 01, 2014
Pat
Pat rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2014
Dvir Oren
Looks complicated , but good for general look what accounting looks like for bigger companies
Sarah rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2015
Kaitlynn Scribner
Kaitlynn Scribner rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Paul Lepa
Paul Lepa rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2013
Logan Laflotte
Logan Laflotte rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2015
Molly
Molly rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Jeff Snider
Jeff Snider rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Ms Joely Hester
Ms Joely Hester rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Cheryl Kottke
Cheryl Kottke rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2014
sean brantley
sean brantley rated it really liked it
Jul 15, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2015
Pieter Nystrom
Pieter Nystrom rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Accounting for Dummies
  • Podcasting For Dummies
  • Mr Mumbles (Invisible Fiends, Book 1)
  • The Fundamentals of Fashion Design
  • Search Engine Optimization for Dummies
  • PHP & MySQL For Dummies (For Dummies)
  • OPM: Other People's Money: How to Attract Other People's Money for Your Investments -- The Ultimate Leverage
  • Business Plans for Dummies