Start by marking “Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)” as Want to Read:
Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)

Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter #4)

4.26  ·  Rating Details  ·  19,832 Ratings  ·  1,387 Reviews
New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh is back in the shadows of a deadly, beautiful world where angels rule, vampires serve, and one female hunter must crawl out of the darkness to survive . . . The severed head marked by a distinctive tattoo on its cheek should have been a Guild case, but dark instincts honed over hundreds of years of life compel the vampire Dmit ...more
Published May 8th 2011 by Gollancz

To ask other readers questions about Archangel's Blade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Archangel's Blade

Catherine
I’ve tried to figure out how to write my review honestly without giving spoilers, but I just can’t. My major dislike involved a plot point that I would consider to be a spoiler, so be wary and don’t read it unless you really want to know.

Dmitri, I’m happy to say, is still the same guy we first saw in Angels’ Blood. He’s wicked and naughty, and still has that disturbing vein of cruelty. He was, I have to admit, one of the members of the Seven that I was least interested in, but I really got to kn
Katie(babs)
Let me start by saying that Archangel’s Blade may be Nalini Singh’s best work to date and quite possibly her best hero she's created with the vampire Dmitri. Yes, ladies and gentleman, while I read Archangel’s Blade I forgot about my favorite Singh character, Kaleb, from Nalini’s Psy/Changeling series. Now that’s something astonishing because out of all Nalini's male characters, Kaleb is the end all and be all for me (Lucas Hunter from Slave to Sensation comes in a close second). Dmitri is unlik ...more
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
I am amazed by this book. I had been looking forward to it but Dmitri was actually my least favourite of Raphael's Seven so it was more a case of reading this one to get to the next one. Which me brings me back to the amazement. I loved this book and it is actually my favourite in the whole series so far.

Dmitri in the previous books is lethal and beautiful, sensual and cruel and in this book he is no different, he is all those things, but he is also more. You see a different side and you see how
Shawna
5 stars – Paranormal Romance

WOW! Once again I bow at the altar of Nalini Singh. Seriously, she is an author goddess who has created not one, but two amazing, unique series that I love. Archangel’s Blade is another phenomenal read that I devoured in one sitting and savored like the finest dark chocolate, which is fitting with a complex hero like Dmitri.

Vampire Dmitri is in two words...sexual chocolate. He’s dark, alluring, enigmatic, seductive, dangerous, addictive, powerful, ruthless, sensual
Jilly
Remember how I always say that I like alpha men as long as they don't cross that line into dick-dom? Well, Dmitri crosses that line and then dances in dick territory while flipping me off. Yeah, I pretty much wanted to kill him this whole book.

Yes. While I was reading this book, this seemed like the most rational response..

So, instead of focusing on Elena and Raphael during this book, we get to have a story about Dmitri, Rapael's second and a vampire. Dmitri has always been a total dick to Elena
Dia
Mar 19, 2011 Dia marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I hope Nalini Singh brings Elena and Raphael back in her 5th book... Its not that I wouldn't love to read Dmitri's story (4th book) but I kind of got attached to Elena and Raphael <3... I want to know how they "get along" with Raphaels Mom... :)) and I realy, realy, realy want to know if there will be a little Raphelena xD... Them having a baby would be such an amazing development to the story (in my opinion) :)
But nonetheless... I'm waiting excitedly for this talentet writer to bring out her
Mandi Schreiner
Sep 02, 2011 Mandi Schreiner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you’ve read the first three Guild Hunter books, you’ve met Dmitri. The dark and dangerous vampire that is Archangel Raphel’s second in command. He loves to wrap his strong arousal scent around women and has had many, many go through his bed. He teases and seduces Raphael’s mate, Elena, but this is allowed to happen because Raphael trusts him with his and his mate’s life. But Raphael also knows Dmitri’s secrets and what happened so many years ago that broke him.

Dmitri has not always been a col
Jaye
Dec 20, 2011 Jaye rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ren
I will love you even when I am dust on the wind

Archangel's Blade is the last book I read for 2011 and I'm happy to end 2011 with a great book. Kudos to Ms Nalini Singh who again delivered a masterpiece with her new installment of the dark, gritty, cruel, lethal and sensual series,Guild Hunter. Yet its beautiful and romantic, make me don't want to stop reading her books.

I'm never like Dmitri since the beginning, and prefer his sire Raphael (sigh). But I'm glad Ms Nalini do him justice at his own
valee
Sep 13, 2015 valee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And NS does it again!
I just can't help but ADORE Nalini Singh. She always gives me what I have been waiting for, I still have to find a book from her which I don't infatuate about. Each and every single of her books have been unique and special and all of them fascinating.

Let's talk about the hero...
I must admit I didn't like Dmitri before I started to know him better, not one bit. But then we got to read a whole book about him and I just got so badly obsessed and in love with him. How not to? D
Mimi
Feb 06, 2016 Mimi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There was a good reason for my abandoning this book a couple of years ago: too much pain and suffering, which isn't exactly what I have issue with. It's the way these things are written about that bothers me. You can't slip in sexy times or eye-sexing in between episodes of PTSD, or while on a hunt for a depraved killer, and expect me to take the story seriously. Bad timing is incredibly bad here.

So many issues, but where to begin. I have to emphasize one thing right away though. This book is no
Melindeeloo
As a fan of Singh's Guild Hunters I am ashamed to admit that I was not looking forward to Archangel's Blade. Raphael's Second, vampire Dmitri, with his taste for pain and the way that he has wielded his deadly sensuality as a weapon in previous books, was just too cruel for me to imagine as a leading man, so I did not expect to like his story. However, the first third of Archangel's Blade was so captivating that even though I still wasn't sold on Dmitri, I found myself turning the pages as Singh ...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Sensual.
Beautiful.
Lethal.

These are the words that Nalini uses to describe Dmitri and these are the same words that I’d use to sum up this book.

Archangel’s Blade steps out of the Elena and Raphael story arc and into Dmitri’s world. While Dmitri wasn’t my favourite of the Seven at first, this book completely changed my mind. I knew that there was going to be something dark about Dmitri’s past. But never would I have guessed that it would turn out the way it did.

For one thing, Nalini stays true to
Archangel's Blade is the fourth installment in author Nalini Singh's paranormal romance series: Guild Hunter. When I realized that Elena and Raphael's story would be ending as a focal point in book #3, I considered just dropping the series. That's how much I loved their journey. Plus, the fourth book is focused on Dmitri. Why???? I hated Dmitri in the first three books. He had zero redeemable qualities in my opinion. But goodreads can be pretty persistent with book recommendations, and eventuall ...more
Aly is so frigging bored
Aug 24, 2013 Aly is so frigging bored rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone!!
5*+++
This book broke my heart. To learn about both their past was heartbreaking!
Dmitri stayed true to his new self, he wasn't that man from the past anymore and I loved NS for not trying to tone him down.
From the start finding out about Honor was very hard. What she had to go through made her more... just more. I loved that she was able to tell him this even after all she went through:

I want a hundred lifetimes with you.

It was unexpected seeing the mortal, ex one, Holly Chang in the book, and
Felicia
OKAY so listen, this author serves up smutty stuff in fantasy/sci-fi worlds, and I read it unashamedly, the worlds are so well-drawn that I can't stop reading, even though the naughty bits go a BIT far for my personal taste. I particularly am enjoying the Guild Hunter series even more than the Psy-Changeling series. So this sort-of spinoff in that universe was so exciting to me. Dmitri has been a cruel bastard but an interesting character, and the intro of Honor's fragile background was differen ...more
Mahlet
Sep 05, 2011 Mahlet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr, own, series, vamps, arc
This review assumes that you’re caught up on the Guild Hunters series and that you’ve read the teaser excerpts on Nalini’s website.

I’ve been in complete lust and love with vampire Dmitri, the leader of The Seven (Archangel Raphael’s elite guard of vampires and angels) since his introduction in the Guild Hunter’s series opener. When the nearly 1,000 year old vampire got turned on from Elena slitting his throat in Angels' Blood? And wanted to f**k her before killed her? That sealed the deal.

I alw
Lauren
Archangel's Blade
5 Stars

Dmitri, the enigmatic leader of Raphael’s Seven, seeks the help of the Guild in deciphering the strange symbol tattooed on the corpse of a young vampire. Guild historian, Honor St. Nicholas is recovering from a brutal attack that left her shattered and demoralized. She is in no shape to deal with the dangerous vampire who arouses inexplicable emotions and an intense attraction in her. Yet, the more time they spend together, the more Dmitri and Honor come to realize that t
Milda Page Runner
Jan 26, 2016 Milda Page Runner rated it liked it
Recommended to Milda by: Giedre
Hmm... I'm torn about this one. It left me emotionally drained.
On one hand - it's a good story - dark, gripping and emotional and has a twist I did not expect. Not the kind I would forget after 2 weeks.
On the other... There is so much abuse, pain, torture, loss - in a vivid and sensual N.Singh's writing it just cuts too deep. Also this kind of tragedy and sorrow just doesn't work along with 'sexy' for me. Nothing like babies slaughtered in front of mother's eyes to kill the mood.
I think this is
MISS VAIN
"I feel like a moth drawn to the flame."
Contact would hurt, might be fatal, and yet she couldn't stop herself. Obsession or compulsion, she didn't know, but she did know that before this was over, she'd either end up in Dimitri's bed...or one of them would bleed darkest red.

Upon originally learning that this story would focus on Ferociously Delicious Archangel Raphael's second in command Dimitri I was a bit apprehensive to get excited to read Archangel's Blade. However, I have fallen a
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
SPOILER FREE

~ 5 Archangel’s Blade Stars ~

Archangel’s Blade is book four in the Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh. Now you could read it as a stand-a-lone, but I think this series should be read in order. The first three books give us teasers of Raphael’s Seven and what they are like, leaving the reader wanting more on them.

Lethal. Sensual. Ravishing.

Archangel’s Blade steps out of Elena and Raphael’s story and into Dimtri’s world. I have been waiting since I read the first book Angels' Blo
Ana
The severed head marked by a distinctive tattoo on its cheek should have been a Guild case, but dark instincts honed over hundreds of years of life compel the vampire Dmitri to take control. There is something twisted about this death, something that whispers of centuries long past…but Dmitri’s need to discover the truth is nothing to the vicious strength of his response to the hunter assigned to decipher the tattoo.

Savaged in a brutal attack that almost killed her, Honor is nowhere near ready
Jess
Sep 01, 2011 Jess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, for_review
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

“Honor?”

“Yes.”

“I’m going to do things to you now that a good girl definitely shouldn’t let a man do to her.”

When I first heard that Dmitri would be getting his own book, all I thought initially was - ok. Of all the supporting characters in the Archangel world, I hadn’t thought of him having his own story, at least not at this point in the series, but oh how wrong I was. From the start, we’re drawn back into this world and into Dmitri’s life. He’s s
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Yes, I wasn't happy that the next book in the series wasn't going to be about Elena and Raphael BUT I was looking forward to Dmitri's story. He was just so intriguing and I wanted to know why/how he became so cold and heartless.

The story starts off with a bit of a flashback to Dmitri's human life and you just "know" how that is going to end. It is very heart wrenching. And then Honor enters into the story. She was called to the Tower to help investigate a tattoo on a dead, young Made vampire. P
Gina
Aug 17, 2013 Gina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
OMG OMG OMG I loved this story and I loved Dimtri!!

I was worried I wouldn’t like this story, so I hesitated in starting it, what a fool I was! Dmitri is one sexy vamp, but more then that was how deeply he loves! Absolutely heartbreaking what he went through.

And the heroine Honor, one tough warrior woman! I liked this character so much, just type of woman i like in a story. She was tough, independent, caring, not the least little bit a drama queen!

This book had everything, great story, hot stea
Lady Heather
Jul 16, 2013 Lady Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nalini Singh's Guildhunter series, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance luvvas

First read November 9-11, 2011

Amazing! Loved Dmetri's story!

Okay... you know your 'hooked' on a series, and you LOVE the book when..... after a month of reading the story your STILL thinking about the book and it's characters!

I CAN'T RAVE ENOUGH ABOUT THIS STORY!

Second read July 4-5, 2013

LOVED this book 'more' the second time around, and then I ask myself "Why didn't I re-read this series sooner"?

Excellent writing, characters, world building, and story-line!
Well done Ms. Singh!
Selly - Leggere Romanticamente
La mia recensione ---> http://www.leggereromanticamente.com/...

Dopo aver atteso a lungo, finalmente è arrivato anche in Italia il quarto libro della serie urban fantasy - paranormal romance per adulti Guild Hunter di Nalini Singh.
Questo nuovo romanzo ha la particolarità di non avere come protagonisti principali Elena e Raphael, bensì Dmitri, il braccio destro dell'arcangelo di New York.
Come ben ricorderete, Dmitri è un vampiro di quasi 1000 anni molto affascinante, seducente e lussurioso qu
Angigames
Nov 16, 2015 Angigames rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Aspettavo questa pubblicazione da anni, perché la CE aveva interrotto tutto proprio sul più bello.
Ho seguito e portato avanti, insieme a tante altre lettrici, le piccole “battaglie” che noi amanti dell’Urban Fansay siamo costrette a combattere nella maggior parte dei casi. Questo genere è spesso sottovalutato delle nostre CE e gli appassionati si ritrovano spesso a leggere serie che non verranno mai concluse. È questa la cruda verità.
Immaginatevi, quindi, la mia gioia immensa quando, dopo anni
Leah

When I started this series a couple months ago, I knew that Dmitri would soon be getting a book. However, after reading the first one, I wasn't so hot on the idea. Dmitri certainly was not my favorite character and I wasn't sure I wanted to read a whole book about him. As I continued with the next couple of books, I was sure I didn't want to read a whole book about Dmitri. Probably the only one that would have been worse for me to read about is Illium. However, having read Archangel's B
A Million More Pages: 4 - Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter): Jul 20 19 14 Jul 30, 2015 10:36AM
Nalini Singh Fans: Archangels Blade (# 4) 125 284 Jul 21, 2015 08:45AM
Does this happen in your library ? 8 78 Apr 30, 2014 01:33AM
Am I the only one? 31 436 Jan 23, 2014 10:51AM
Nothing But Readi...: Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter #4) by Nalini Singh - Start Date August 12 26 81 Aug 18, 2012 11:21AM
  • Demon Moon (The Guardians, #2)
  • Angels of Darkness (Alphas, #0.5; Guild Hunter, #3.5; The Guardians, #7.5; Samaria)
  • Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4)
  • Wings of Fire (Guardians of Ascension, #3)
  • An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
  • In the Blood (The Maker's Song, #2)
  • Jabril (Vampires in America, #2)
  • Must Love Hellhounds (Sookie Stackhouse #9.2; Guild Hunter #0.5; Kate Daniels #3.5; The Guardians #5.5)
  • Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3; Demonica, #8)
  • Burning Up (Children of the Sea #3.5; Psy-Changeling #0.6; Iron Seas #0.5)
  • Chased by Moonlight (Moonlight, #2)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more
More about Nalini Singh...

Guild Hunter (9 books)
  • Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)
  • Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)
  • Archangel's Consort (Guild Hunter, #3)
  • Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5)
  • Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
  • Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7)
  • Archangel's Enigma (Guild Hunter, #8)
  • Archangel's Heart (Guild Hunter, #9)

I will love you even when I am dust on the wind. 250 likes
I’ll wait for you to find me again. So don’t take too long.
-Dmitri”