Start by marking “Claiming His Tease (Club Rack and Ruin, #1)” as Want to Read:
Claiming His Tease (Club Rack and Ruin, #1)

Claiming His Tease (Rack and Ruin #1)

She wants him, but is she too proud to kneel at his feet?

Lena is a switch – seventy percent Domme, thirty percent sub. When she’s forced to give up her seat to a more Dominant man on Rack and Ruin’s opening night, she resolves never to submit to him, on principle. The trouble is, she really, really wants to…

Josh is all Dom and sexy as hell, and he’s prepared to wait for Le
Published December 19th 2011 by Amy Valenti (first published December 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Claiming His Tease, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claiming His Tease

Nadine Bookaholic
This was a great start to the series. I loved the chemistry between Josh and Lena, the sexual tension between them was off the charts. Although Lena is a switch she felt the overwhelming need to be completely submissive when it came to Josh, it was a feeling that she didn't like or trust. They started by building a friendship before they finally went to where everyone was expecting them to go.

Mary
Jan 03, 2016 Mary rated it really liked it
Lena is a submissive at heart in the D/s world but does switch given that in her daily life, she doesn’t have a submissive bone in her body. She is seeking a D/s relationship so when Josh enters their world and seems to push all of Lena’s buttons. There is a great back and forth as Lena fights her attraction to Josh but when she finally gives in, their relationship is explosive and oh so much fun to experience.
Aղցela W.
Review Coming
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
My review is the SECOND one (even though I turned my in February 2, 2012)

The Romance Review

Ever feel like a mouse being played with by a cat?

Lena is a switch who is currently riding her Domme persona at seventy-one point two percent. Lena's a little analytical, isn't she? She doesn't appreciate becoming prey when she's been predator. Lena and her BDSM friends are enjoying the new fetish club when she meets Josh who is a friend of a friend. Josh is pure Dom. Since Lena is a Domme at this point, she's hesitant to
Karma Queen
Nov 17, 2014 Karma Queen rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided as part of Club Alpha: BDSM Romance Boxed Set in exchange for review**

This is the story of Lena and Josh, people who frequent Club Rack and Ruin, a fetish club. Unlike most romances, their relationship builds over time, which is refreshing considering the “instant love” that is common in some romances. The story begins with Josh and Lena doing a scene at the club and then we flash back 8 months to find out how it all began.

Lena - She considers herself a “Switch” with a ratio of 70
Solmarie
Nov 11, 2014 Solmarie rated it really liked it
I was gifted a complimentary copy of this book in the Anthology Club Alpha in exchange for an honest review (under the name Claiming His Tease).

Just like the title this book was a complete tease from the beginning.

Lena is a switch. In her opinion more Domme than submissive, she refuses to submit to just anyone. When she meets Josh at a club opening her world is suddenly turned upside down. From the moment she laid eyes on him her every instinct is to knell at his feet and give him complete and
Poison
Aug 08, 2013 Poison rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: BDSM Gateway lovers
Shelves: dom-sub, ff, switch
I enjoyed this book a lot. Lena is a switch, and considers herself more Domme than sub, and despite having a serious desire to drop to her knees for the hero, she resists doing so, because she's like that.

I really liked the characters in this story. They were both fully realized and unique, Lena was interesting for sure, and Josh felt like a real person, as opposed to what we've been getting lately, an Alpha male caveman carbon copy. The secondary characters are also interesting, I'd like to rea
Angel Hatfield
Feb 21, 2015 Angel Hatfield rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, erotica, bdsm
I originally read this story in an anthology called Club Alpha. it was the first I had heard of this author and while the entire anthology was really good, this was by far my favorite story.
Lena is a switch at Club Rack and Ruin who tends to be way more Domme than Sub. When Josh comes to the club and makes it evident that he's 100% Dom, sparks fly, as does a silent war of wills.
The author was able to take approximately 87 pgs and make me feel like I'd read an entire book. I love the way the au
H.K. Carlton
Feb 20, 2013 H.K. Carlton rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to H.K. by: Donna Gallagher
Shelves: own
I loved this book. This is not my usual genre of choice. I read an excerpt from this book on an author blog and just from the 'little tease' that was given I knew that I had to find out the rest of Lena and Josh's story. The sexual tension that builds between these two characters is steamy and heightened all the more when their friends get in on the act. I think I've found a new genre.

I will most definitely be purchasing Model Submissive (Rack and Ruin #2)
Nola Arganbright
Nov 30, 2014 Nola Arganbright rated it it was amazing
Josh and Lena's story was the first book in the Club Alpha boxed set. The story is written from the point of view of both characters with back and forth commentaries. I enjoyed reading how each was viewing their growing attraction. The book is very well written and the tension builds as the story progresses. Both characters are strong and believable. The flow is excellent. I recommend it to any who enjoy erotica or BDSM.
Cheryl Graham Petit
Nov 14, 2014 Cheryl Graham Petit rated it really liked it
I've read several of Amy Valenti's books and I've loved every one of them. When it comes to writing about Doms and Subs, Ms. Valenti sure can steam up the pages. She gives her readers what they crave and so much more. If you're looking for stories that are steamy, sensual, hot, intense, delicious, passionate, intriguing, and edgy, that will keep you turning the pages and make your toes curl... then Amy Valenti's books are what you need.
Lyndac
I would go up to 4.5 stars for this book. I received this from the author as a prize and I am very glad I did. I loved this book. I loved the main characters, the secondary characters and the location.

I truly enjoyed the interaction of Lena & Josh and how their relationship evolved. There was some insta-lust, but no insta-action. Made this a great story and I can't wait to continue with the series.
Lisa
Sep 23, 2015 Lisa rated it really liked it
WOW-- an explosive quick read that somehow manages to have an engaging tale of romance that doesn't evolve immediately, which for me creates a stronger bond between reader and characters. The chemistry between Lena and Josh burns hot from the beginning.
Fun and enjoyable read, I'm getting the rest of the series just to find out more about the secondary characters
Sassafrass
Feb 09, 2012 Sassafrass rated it really liked it
full review to come, but I thought this was very cute. I'm definitely going to be looking out for more in this series. I definitely felt like we just got beneath the surface when the book ended. I loved Josh and Lena and liked the way the author wrote each chapter from either Lena or Josh's perspective.
Helen Simpson
Jan 06, 2016 Helen Simpson rated it it was amazing
I REALLY LOVED THIS BOOK. I ALWAYS WONDERED WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE FOR A SWITCH AND WOULD THEY BE CONFLICTED AT TIMES. LENA IS A FEISTY LADY AND I LOVE THE FACT THAT SHE DIDNT BACK DOWN STRAIGHT AWAY EVEN THOUGH SHE FELT THE SUBMISSIVE URGES OVERTAKE HER DOM SIDE. CANT WAIT TO READ MORE IN THE SERIES.
Karen
Nov 18, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
I read this book as part of a box set and was thrilled with it. I had never read this author before but was very happy with this book. It is an awesome little story and well worth the time if you like a good story, BDSM and some hot sex. Will be checking out this author again
Michael
Mar 03, 2016 Michael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Attention Getter

The 2 main characters in this a book played games with each other throughout the entire book. Was a good read and diversion. Was not a book I hated to put down. Will recommend to adult readers
Elaine
Nov 18, 2014 Elaine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: r2r
Received as an ARC and this story was hot and steamy and spicy. I loved that Lena was a switch and made Josh work hard for being her DOM. It was quirky and had amazing people in it. I can't wait to read the next in this story.
Samantha
Dec 11, 2013 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Could not put this down!!
As if Lena waited 8 months
Where can I find a fetish club in the UK!!!
A definite recommended read!
Tanya
Sep 23, 2015 Tanya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot!!!

As always Amy delivers another great BDSM book with an awesome story....not just hot scenes....but there are plenty of those too
Michelle
Jan 25, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this novella, and look forward to reading the others in the series as well as others by this author.
Kent
Mar 04, 2015 Kent rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, kindle-books
This is a fun series. I started out in the middle with book #2, so now that I have read book #1 I will have to read book #2 again before I move on to book #3.
Petra Hallberg
Really liked it
J.R. James
Sep 25, 2016 J.R. James rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm

A good quick read with likeable characters who are all friends in their local BDSM community, centred around the club they go to, though with little real action of the ‘hot and intense’ variety in the scenes that were described, or as might be suggested by the premise of a switch who describes herself as ‘seventy-one point two percent Domme’ being persuaded into submission by an experienced Dom, and the ‘to and fro’ between Lena and Josh, was, I felt, a little too protracted.
Colleen
Feb 17, 2016 Colleen rated it really liked it
I really had trouble liking this short story. I thought it was really sort of sweet. I didn't care about what the author called BDSM because there really was no scene like in other book. To me it seemed the author didn't know what BDSM was This was not like in other books
The fact that they weren't allowed to undress doesn't seem like a BDSM club, just a singles club.,.
Try if you are into a soft version of BDSM.
Serena
Nov 25, 2015 Serena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-mf
My Rating System:
Neelam Babul
Feb 08, 2016 Neelam Babul rated it did not like it
Boring boring boring.

The story failed to grip my attention and after the third page I couldn't hold the book. Very disappointing.
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2012
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Dec 17, 2015
Dawn
Dawn rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Secretary for Two
  • Safeword Rainbow (Safeword, #1)
  • Pam-Ann
  • Take Me (The Connaghers, #1.5)
  • Traditional Love
  • Sacred Revelations (Chronicles of Surrender, #2)
  • Make Me Yours Evermore (Pierced Hearts, #3)
  • Fortune (Fortune, #2)
  • Undercover Submissive
  • Slave Girl
  • Personal Geography (The Compass, #1)
  • Corporate Seduction
  • His Submissive
  • Taming Kalinda (Doms of Chicago, #2)
  • At His Request 1
  • One to Keep (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #3)
  • Teaching Molly (Oh, Yum!)
  • Mars on the Rise (Veetu Industries, #1)
Amy Valenti is a tarnished tease, and her mind has lived in the gutter since the day she realised what sex was. She hails from England, which she doesn’t find quite as exotic and sexy as the average US citizen seems to, but if people want to compliment her on her accent, that’s all fine with her! Her muses are many, fickle and very demanding.

She has a degree in creative writing and currently works
More about Amy Valenti...

Rack and Ruin (3 books)
  • Model Submissive (Rack and Ruin, #2)
  • Complex Triggers (Club Rack and Ruin, #3)