God's Story, Your Story: Youth Edition

God's Story, Your Story: Youth Edition

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  604 ratings  ·  91 reviews
Max Lucado's newest book for teens, God's Story, Your Story: Youth Edition, uses New Testament stories, modern-day examples, and anecdotes found in his adult title God's Story, Your Story to help teen readers see the bigger, God-planned story in their lives.
Published September 25th 2011 by Zondervan (first published September 7th 2011)

Maureen
Feb 17, 2012 Maureen rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: a friend!
I usually don't write a review and just rate them but I felt compel to do so even for a short review. I honestly LOVE the book and it made me cry! Yes, it did.. I received this book today - youth edition - as I was one of the people who won this goodreads giveaway (:D) and I also finished it today! hehe. I just can't stop reading! I read it for barely five hours. The book made me emotional... I'm going through hard times right now. I'm failing my classes, my mom is mad at me, I always lie these...more
Shalynne
Just last week Max Lucado released a new book, God's Story, Your Story - and I was offered a chance to review it. If you haven't heard of Max Lucado, then you've probably been hiding under a rock because he's written a gazillion books. (I kid, I kid. But he really has written a lot of books.) This book talks about how you matter in the grand scheme of things. You are not just some insignificant waste of space that's just floating through life. You have a purpose and God has a special plan for yo...more
Lisa Johnson
Title: God’s Story, Your Story
Author: Max Lucado
Pages: 288
Publisher: Zondervan
Year: 2011
Note: A compliment copy was provided by http://www.demossnews.com/books/
Other reviews by this blog writer can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspo...

I’ve never been an author and never published anything. How about you? Ever stand on the edge of a cliff and wonder “if I…, then what?” Sometimes in our lives we don’t remember that we are writing and publishing; we just aren’t aware of it. Our live...more
Margaret
Sep 28, 2011 Margaret rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: Jeff Loper
I am so much of a fiction reader that I often scoff at non fiction and skip it. Reading books like this remind me that there is so much out there to benefit from. I was in sixth or seventh grade when I first experienced something from Max Lucado, but since then when I have seen his name on a book, I knew it would be worth while. And even more recently I have started adding his children books to my shelves for my girls. They are some of my toddler AppleBlossom's favorites.

Christian Fiction can o...more
Thomas Wilson
I enjoy reading Max Lucado because he has a way of turning things around and applying them to everyday life that makes parts of the Bible seem applicable in this crazy world we live in today. His books cause me to reflect and see the layers to the meanings and purpose of God's Written Word.

His books are a ministry unto themselves, and I am sure he has led many to find Christ just as he has cemented and confirmed other Christians beliefs by showing and teaching of God's Unlimited Grace. I especia...more
Lawrence
I have truly enjoyed this book and would recommend it anyone that loves the name of Jesus Christ. It has filled my heart with so much to look forward to his second coming. No more pains, tears, fears or weariness of this old world and body. We will have a new body and will live with God and Jesus forever and ever. A must read for all Christians.
Samuel
Got this one on an Kindle "special of the day" and read it the next day. Very uplifting, but also made me think about how often my story is focused on me rather than on God.
Victor Gentile
Max Lucado in his new book, "God's Story, Your Story" published by Zondervan teaches us when His story becomes yours. I have read that Max Lucado is called America's Pastor and after reading this book it is even more true.

From the inside jacket: Carpools and car crashes, job switches and joint custody, moves and motionlessness. Is there a cohesive storyline to the chaos, confusion, and clutter of your daily life? According to well-loved author Max Lucado, the answer is a resounding yes! So what...more
Ruth Hill
I was completely engrossed in this book from start to finish. This is Max Lucado's best book to date. I appreciated each and every story that was shared in the book, and I found myself near tears many times.

I think the thing that struck me the most is that the emphasis of the book is that God is there in every single circumstance, and He is guiding you through the hard times. All of us go through struggles. Some of us live a life fraught with struggles. Does that mean that God is not in control...more
Trish
4.5 Stars/Non-Fiction; Religion

God’s Story; Your Story (Youth Edition)
by Max Lucado
Zondervan
Published 10/01/2011

Rating: 4.5 Stars
*slated for library purchase*

I’ve heard it said that only when you can teach something to someone else in a way that they understand, does a person truly know it. If that is the case, then Max Lucado really knows his way around the Bible.

Being a teenager is hard, there is no doubt about it. Especially in today’s volatile environment. Trying to balance life as a studen...more
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Nov 05, 2011 Meagan Myhren-bennett rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Christians, Bible Study Groups, High Schoolers, Youth Groups,
GOD’S STORY YOUR STORY

When His Becomes Yours

By Max Lucado

When I open my heart to God He will rewrite the story of my life. Everyone wants to know where they came from and that is why God gave us His story – the Bible. The key message to the entire Bible is found in John 3:16 – God loved and He gave to the world, He loved and gave to us, His Son so that we could experience Him. He gave us a way out the sinful life if we choose to make His story ours.

Jesus was born into our everyday world so that...more
Meagan Myhren-bennett
Jun 30, 2011 Meagan Myhren-bennett rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Young Adults, 15 and up, Youth Groups
Shelves: christian, devotional
GOD’S STORY, YOUR STORY (Youth Edition)

When HIS Story Becomes Yours

By Max Lucado

Max Lucado asks “what is the text (or story) of our lives?” We cannot look inside of ourselves to discover who we are, we must look at ourselves through God’s eyes to discover what we can be!

Ordinary people can do extraordinary things when we join our story with God’s. But we must pray for strength against Satan’s attacks so we can complete our story.

The goal of every story is home, whether we are going home, improvi...more
Dana Rongione
Each of us is living out our own story. For most of us, the characters have been revealed, the theme is pretty evident, and the setting, while it may change from time to time, is established. The plot, however, can leave us bewildered and wondering if there is a reason for the chaos and confusion that surround us. Who would write such a story? What kind of writer would leave their main characters in such turmoil, facing one trial after another and dealing with insurmountable odds? A good one!

We...more
Lisa
This book is a great, easy to read devotional for someone who is looking to learn what it means to commit your life to Christ.

Like all his books, Lucado included many great real world illustrations of his key points. Many of these are personal stories, which make you feel like you are just sitting with him, talking about what it means to be a Christian.

I received the youth edition as a first reads book, and while I haven't read the regular edition of the book, I did note the differences from t...more
Kate
I love stories. I love reading them, watching them, listening to them. There’s nothing better than reading a spellbinding novel with a satisfying ending or listening to stories that take you back in time and up your family tree. Every life is a story in progress and those who have surrendered the author’s pen to God are guaranteed a happy ending. But like all good stories, there’s a lot of conflict and struggle between the beginning and end. During these times it’s easy to develop tunnel vision...more
James Marsh
In this book Max Lucado explores the Atonement of Jesus Christ (how he suffered and died to take upon himself our sins so that we can be made worthy return to live with Him.) He uses a number of simple illustrations and anecdotes to help people grasp principles of doctrine which could be difficult for some.

His easy going manner is punctuated with a multitude of scripture citations from various translations of the Bible.

Please keep in mind that in his discussion sometimes he is a bit more familia...more
Casey
Every Christian in the world needs to read this book. Max is already my very favorite Christian author, but this book is one of the most beautiful snapshots of God's promise for His people I've ever read. Max uses examples from the Bible, from history and from his own life experience to show that "in all things God works for the good of those who love Him" (Romans 8:28). No matter what -- coincidences, accidents, physical or mental impairments, disasters -- nothing in life is meaningless, and al...more
Efox
ARC Copy received through the goodreads giveaway program.

I am a big fan of Max Lucado's books and I enjoyed this one a lot! In this book, Lucado walks through the story of Christ, starting with his birth, moving through his life, ministry and death, and ending with the start of the church and the first missionaries, and shows how Christ's story can parallel with our own. I particularly appreciated the chapter on Paul's missions and how God sometimes closes doors. I would strongly recommend this...more
Kevin Clouse
Max always gets me to think deeper and draw closer to my Savior.
Laura Smith
How does Max Lucado always have exactly the right words? I could read one sentence of this book and spend the day contemplating what it had to say. Okay, the answer's easy. He writes for God. Clearly. God's Story is inspiring, motivating and thought provoking. My only problem with this book was how soon it was over. I was just getting into the thick of it, and then it seemed Max wrapped it all up and my Kindle said END. I would have liked so much more thinking on this topic, more ways for my sou...more
Lisa
I won this in a Goodreads giveaway but didn't realize when I entered that it was the teen edition. Not having a teen to give it to, I've read it in bits and pieces in order to review it. I haven't found a Max Lucado book yet that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed. I will be saving this for my kids when they're old enough. He addresses real issues faced by teens on their level without making it sound like they should listen to the adults because we know better. I think the lessons here would definitel...more
Don Bryant
Lucado's always a good read. I downloaded the book on my Kindle after I read a library copy. For me Lucado books continue to be worth "do overs". I find myself, as I clean out my library, keeping Lucado's books for future reads. He "gets into me" quickly and enables me to meditate upon a truth rather than simply to know it. I find him always good for devotional thoughts to share with others in moments where learning Bible content is not the demand of the occasion but a heart response.
Jason Lewis
Max Lucado has written another essential book for use of Christian solutions to everyday problems that people will always face. The use of personal references and situations experienced by teens in the book adds a touch of reality to today's problems or controversies many will face. I also enjoy the suggested use of today's modern media methods when facing those problems. Not an absolute favorite of the books by Lucado that I have read, but a well written book nonetheless.
call me sylvie okay.
Mar 13, 2014 call me sylvie okay. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: every christian teen
Recommended to call me sylvie okay. by: Z Street Team
Shelves: nonfic, christian, arc
I'm only half way through this book but already I'm addicted. This book is really awesome- it talks about how we have a story and it intertwines with God's story 1) for our life and 2) for our world. It's awesome. I've underlined a lot of this book already. It's awesome how things teens say are included- I LOVE that. This book is bringing me closer to God and giving me great things to talk over with Him. Thanks ZStreetTeam for letting me read this!
Keith
There's probably not a clearer, more accessible writer in all of Christian writing. Lucado makes Biblical teaching personal and to the point. He also finds illustrations from real life, including his own family life, that immediately draw you in to whatever topic of scripture teaching he is addressing. This book is highly recommended for devotional purposes and I'm planning to use it for a book discussion at church with the Stephen Ministers.
Wai-kit Ng
Easy read. Good analogies and insights.
Karri
I won this book in a Goodreads contest. I love Max Lucado books, and this was no exception. My only complaint would be that the contest did not state the book sent would be the youth edition. At 35, I'm not exactly a youth and much of it was not geared specifically for my demographic. It was still a wonderful book, and now that I've read it, I've passed it on to my twelve year old son. I think he will like it even more than I did.
Karen
It is so nice when someone with more understanding than I have takes gospel ideas and makes them understandable.
Max Lucado, does just that in this story. He explains that when we make God's story into our story, our lives come in harmony with the plan of God. God has a purpose for us and that is to return to him. Max takes the everyday aspects of our lives and puts it into perspective of how God is seeing it.

Suzyberry
This was a free book through Goodreads First Reads and what a delightful one to get. Max Lucado always speaks from the heart and to the heart in a way that touches everyone's Spirits whether they are churched or unchurched. This is Max at his best...the blending of our life story with the life story that God has already written about us. Powerful, entertaining and enlightening. A joy to read!
  • Handle with Prayer: Unwrap the Source of God's Strength for Living
  • No Other gods: Confronting Our Modern Day Idols
  • Craving God A 21-day Devotional Challenge to Accompany Made To Crave
  • Coffee Shop Conversations: Making the Most of Spiritual Small Talk
  • Indescribable: Encountering the Glory of God in the Beauty of the Universe
  • A Confident Heart: How to Stop Doubting Yourself & Live in the Security of God's Promises
  • Heaven for Kids
  • Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts
  • Terror by Night: The True Story of the Brutal Texas Murder That Destroyed a Family, Restored One Man's Faith, and Shocked a Nation
  • The End of Religion: Encountering the Subversive Spirituality of Jesus
  • Jesus, the One and Only
  • When I Lay My Isaac Down: Unshakable Faith in Unthinkable Circumstances
  • The Gospel of Ruth: Loving God Enough to Break the Rules
  • Found: God's Will
  • Unconditional?: The call of Jesus to radical forgiveness
  • The Good Life
  • What's It Like to Be Married to Me?: And Other Dangerous Questions
  • Christmas Is Not Your Birthday: Experience the Joy of Living and Giving Like Jesus
Max Lucado has touched millions with his signature storytelling writing style. Awards and accolades follow Max with each book he writes. Max is the first author to win the Gold Medallion Christian Book of the Year three times—1999 for Just Like Jesus, 1997 for In the Grip of Grace and 1995 for When God Whispers Your Name. In 2005, Reader’s Digest dubbed him “America’s Best Preacher.” In addition,...more
More about Max Lucado...
You Are Special He Chose the Nails Facing Your Giants In the Grip of Grace: You Can't Fall Beyond His Love Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear