Start by marking “The Blood of the Covenant (Vincent DeVilbiss, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Blood of the Covenant (Vincent DeVilbiss, #2)

The Blood of the Covenant (Vincent DeVilbiss #2)

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  8 reviews
A tale of unholy passion and unearthly surrender

Princeton University librarians Simon Penn and Frederika Vanderveen have rescued an ancient document from dark, destructive forces. But to reveal its dead prophecy they must decipher a dead vampire's diaries, locked away in Switzerland.

A satanic bargain sealed in blood

Simon is deeply in love with the beautiful, enigmatic Fred
Published June 15th 1997 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Blood of the Covenant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blood of the Covenant

Dan Gladwell
The sequel to "The Book of Common Dread", I found this one lacking compared to the first in the series. I will admit that Monahan does a good job of expanding his new vampire lore that he established in Common Dread, but the plot itself seems to fall short. One of the great things about Common Dread was how commonplace he made it seem taking place in a college town to a small group of people. Blood of the Covenant strays away from that and it seems like Monahan forced his characters into a more ...more
Picks up right where The Book of Common Dread left off. Since my favoite part of the first book was the unique interpretaton of the vampire lore, I was pleased that much of this book expanded that further. A must-read for anyone who enjoys the analysis of vampiric existence, as Monahan presents a much more plausible scenario than some.
Julie H.
Now here's some scary fiction! For anyone who has ever spent quality time alone in an archives or other research library and lost all track of the outside world, Monahan's book will raise those little hairs on the back of your neck. This is the best sort of vampire fiction--the stuff that makes you ponder "What if...".
This book begins where the previous one left off and I think that it is even better than the first. Simon and Frederika are out to rescue the scrolls from the vampires trying to destroy them. But has Fredericka gone to the other side?
David Nadolny
A decent vampire book with a slightly new twist on the backstory to vampires. It is a good read with lots of twists in the plot. I was a tad disappointed since I had loved Monahans other books so much.
not bad, but saying it is "best vampire novel since Ann Rice's 1st 2---?" must be a lot of bad vampire nvels since then....Monahan is like the clive cussler of vampire novels
Kim Schiavone
It was good. Again, another book I didn't know was a series, so I ended up starting in the middle on accident. Good as a stand-alone though.
This book freaked me out when I read it in high school. Scary book!
Patty Marti
Patty Marti marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Sara added it
Sep 07, 2015
Joshua Grooms
Joshua Grooms marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
Larry Mitchell
Larry Mitchell marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Brian marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Bert marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Vesna marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Jennifer Tait
Jennifer Tait marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Michelle Jeffery
Michelle Jeffery marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Em marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
A. added it
Sep 21, 2014
Heather marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
Maren marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Vincent DeVilbiss (2 books)
  • The Book of Common Dread: A Novel of the Infernal (Vincent DeVilbiss, #1)
The Bell Witch: An American Haunting The Book of Common Dread: A Novel of the Infernal (Vincent DeVilbiss, #1) The Jekyl Island Club The Sceptred Isle Club The Manhattan Island Clubs