Start by marking “Faceoff (Heller Brothers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Faceoff (Heller Brothers, #2)

Faceoff (Heller Brothers #2)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  1,187 ratings  ·  48 reviews
Kyla has tried so hard to be one of the boys. She was always like a little sister to Tag. One summer, things changed from sibling teasing to blazing sexual tension. When they’re reunited for a two-family reunion, the desire and lust are still there, simmering below the surface.Tag is a pro hockey player who is cynical about women. He knows they’re only interested in him be ...more
Published September 9th 2011 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Faceoff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faceoff

LaFleurBleue
Shorter than the previous (120 pages vs. 190), therefore less characterization more tell than show and a shorter time frame - the whole story happens in less than 2 weeks. This left me hungry for more, I felt there were too many open questions by the end, too much change hinted but not done yet or not confirmed - Kyra had worked on improving her life balance for 5 days; good for her but after years of abuse, much more time is required to lead to a real longlasting improvement. Not very convincin ...more
Nikki
4 stars.

This was a hot and sweet continuation from Breakaway that features Jase's older brother, Tag and Kyla, a childhood friend of the family.

The writing was smoother than Breakaway and I loved the friends-to-lovers vibe. It was just as hot as Breakaway but way too short and no hockey action!
Cocktails and Books
Seeing as yesterday was hockey's version of the Super Bowl, with the Winter Classic (even though I'm a Blackhawks fan, I did have to cheer on the NY Rangers with fellow Rochester, NY native, Ryan Callahan), I thought it appropriate to read a hockey story. And this one did not disappoint!

Kyla is an overachieving, overworked lawyer trying to make partner at her law firm. She sacrifices everything, even outings with her family, in order to prove to the old boys network that she's worthy of partner.
Wendy
I LOVE the Heller brothers! I fell in love with Jace in Breakaway, and each book gets better and better. Tag is one of my favorites, and I love that his heroine is a childhood friend with the potential of more.

I'm a sucker for a sexy sports series, and The Heller Brothers puts extra steam and sexiness into hockey! If your a fan of sports erotic romance, check out the Hellers!
Christina Montminy
Tag & Kyla are also a great couple. Going back to the cottage for big family reunion puts Tag &Kyla in close proximity with each other. Both hard working, Kyla is driven more to succeed & make partner at the law firm she works at. Tag has moved back home when his team is moved there & is happy about it. The chemistry that they had as teenagers is still there between them possibly stronger now. They agree to no strings attached but does that ever work? Looking forward to the next ...more
Linda
Kyla Mac Intosch Always Tagged Along With Her Two Brothers And The Four Heller Boys, She Tried So Hard But Just Wasn't An Athlete Nor Would She Ever Be. In Her Teens, Kyla Fantasized About Being With Tag And When She Was Eighteen She Almost Had Him Before He Came To His Senses. She Had Worked Her Butt Off To Make Partner At Ingram, Howell, And Grant And Was In Line To Have Her Dream Come True Unless Alex Got It Which Was Likely Since He Was Playing Golf While Work Was Dumped On Her! Her Mom Want ...more
Rose
I reviewed this for TwoLips Reviews:

Kyla’s always tried to be one of the guys. Tag has always considered her like a little sister, till the summer things changed and he suddenly went from teasing her to wanting her. Now, after almost a decade, their two families are getting together for a two-family reunion at the lake and the desire and lust they feel for each other is still there…quietly simmering.

Tag has become cynical about women since becoming a pro hockey player. He knows they only want h
Romancing the Book
First Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by JoAnne
Review Copy Provided by the Publisher

I’ve loved other books with hockey players as their main characters and this one didn’t disappoint. Faceoff is Kyla and Tag’s story and it was sweet at times and other times oh so hot and steamy. There was laughter, romance, angst, reevaluations of life’s goals, and plenty of family and friends too. The only negative was that the book ended very abruptly. I would hope that we will meet up with Kyla an
Z. Elizabeth
Kyla has always wanted to be one of the boys since she was a little girl, trailing after her two brothers and 4 surrogate brothers in the form of the Heller boys every summer at the lake house. But one summer, when they are all teenagers, after years of teasing her, something changed and both Kyla and Tag Heller saw something more in each other, and that’s when everything turned awkward for them.

Now 10 years later, the two families are reuniting at the lake houses for a week long break since eve
Angie Kauffman
4.5 Stars!!

OMG TELL ME THIS STORY DID NOT END LIKE THAT!!!!!

Okay...so BESIDES the ending (which is the only reason I'm giving this only 4.5 Stars!)...

I'm IN LOVE with the Heller Brothers! Book 2 is about Tag (the eldest Heller brother, and Hockey center super star) and Kyla (the childhood "little sister" neighbor, who's all grown up now!)

"She wanted to punch him. She wanted to kiss him. She wanted him to do that again. And again."

oooohhh boy...HOT AND STEAMY! These two encounter one another af
Emily
Kyla has been so focused on making partner at her firm, she is physically making herself sick. After another setback, she decides to take a week off and join the two family reunion at the lake she grew up at.

Tag has come a long way since the boyhood crush that Kyla remembers, now a pro hockey player he has filled out in all the right places. Tag sees that Kyla has developed into a stunning woman and that spark is still there between them, deciding to make the most of the vacation the two grow c
Heather in FL
This was a sweet friends to lovers story. Kyla was the only girl within the two families that grew up together. Kyla was always trying to be one of the boys but could never quite keep up. In their teen years, Kyla made a play for Tag, but Tag held her off. So now, the families are getting back together for a rare reunion of sorts, and Kyla and Tag can't ignore their chemistry. They decide to do no-strings sex. Neither of them wants a relationship. We all know what that means in these stories, lo ...more
Dianne
I absolutely loved Breakaway but was a little disappointed in this book. Whereas the first book had a solid storyline in my opinion, this book fell flat for me. I did enjoy it and read it in one sitting but I felt there was little storyline and for most of the time it was simply reading about the intimacy between Tag and Kyla. After the strong start to this series I was hoping for a little more. Nevertheless, I plan to continue reading this series because I have enjoyed what I've read so far and ...more
Lyn
Cute, hot read. Love Tag & Kyla. Their family are wonderful. I wanna know more.

Recommend it! :)
Sunny
Loved it, but it ended too quickly.
Shirley
Go read it......I couldn't put it down until I read the end!
Crystal
Two of my favorite kinds of romances (friends falling in love & sports) mixed into one book. Yes! I loved the story of Kyla and Tag. My only wish is that the book was longer. I would have loved a little more "will they/won't they" before they finally got together and a little more of their background together. It was hinted that something happened (maybe a kiss), but never fully explained.

Great book. Keep them coming, Kelly!
Lori
Tag and Kyla were so freaking hot! When i read the blurb for this book, it caught my attention and I wanted to read it more than the others in this series. I always love the friends forever turned lovers. And this one was off the charts. Those tent scenes were amazing. Loved their easy camaraderie and their sizzle. It was great to see Remi and Jase again too. Looking forward to the other books in the series now.
Kim

I love a story where old friends fall in love.

I could not put this book down and consider it one that I will certainly read again.

You can't help but fall in love with Tag. I love that his theory of women only wanting him because he's a hockey player doesn't hold up with Kyla.

I love Kelly's books and highly recommend this one.
Bibliolatry Me
Hockey seemed to be the theme of the weekend (check out Slap Shot also reviewed here). Plus, the newly returned Winnipeg Jets played and they won! What better way to celebrate than to read this short story that loosely runs parallel to the return of the Jets to the Peg.

Read full review http://www.nocturnereads.com/Faceoff-...
Andra Johnson
A lot like book one! Very predictable. I wasn't sure if I had to read all to finally get to the last one! They mention the other brothers, but don't give away much about how their relationships are going ( which I was hoping I would continue to find out more about them as well).
I did find myself doing a lot of skimming!
Juany
I never knew how much I liked hockey players until I discovered Jamieson! This is the second of the Heller bros series. Lots of sexy scenes but a really nice love story to go with it. Perfect for when you want easy reading mixed with some steamy parts!
Tasha
I liked this book. The story line was fast paced and cute. But I would only give it a 3 for lack of "aww..." factor, aka: no build up. I just didn't really connect with the characters. Looking for a fun, cute story? This is your book.
Wminbc
My review:

Ya, Oh Canada!!! And the first game the Jets played at home was on yesterday and they WON!!!! Celebrate with reading this story!
Franca
the first half was really slow but the last half made up for it. :) I would have liked to read much more about hockey because that was the main reason why I picked this book up.
Stacy Chambers
this book was pretty good, but the timeline was really too short. would have liked it to extend into the two of them together after the trip.
JoAnne
To read my review on Romancing-the-Book.com click on the link below:

Kristi Davis
Really cute, sexy, and hot! Picked it up for free but will have to check out more of Kelly Jamieson.
Lisa Berk
I really enjoyed this book! I am hoping there will be more and I will getbto read about the other brothers!!
  • Cross-Checked (Hot Ice, #2)
  • Body Check
  • The Penalty Box (New York Blades, #4)
  • Forward Passes (Seattle Lumberjacks, #2)
  • Home Ice
  • Playing For Keeps ('Fantasy' Football #1)
  • Face-Off
  • Time Out
  • Trying to Score (Assassins, #2)
  • Heart On Ice
  • Curveball (Richmond Rogues, #2)
  • Seduced by the Game
  • In It To Win It (Deadlines & Diamonds, #2)
  • On the Surface (In the Zone, #1)
Kelly Jamieson writes romances with heat that's sweet. Her writing has been described as “emotionally complex”, “sweet and satisfying” and “blisteringly sexy”. If she can stop herself from reading or writing, she loves to cook. She has shelves of cookbooks that she reads at length. She also enjoys gardening in the summer, and in the winter she likes to read gardening magazines and seed catalogues ...more
More about Kelly Jamieson...
Rule of Three (Rule of Three, #1) Breakaway (Heller Brothers, #1) Rhythm of Three (Rule of Three, #2) Hot Ride One Wicked Night