Start by marking “Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #1)

Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga #1)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,240 Ratings  ·  362 Reviews
When her home is attacked by murderous vampires, 17-year-old Alexa is forced to leave her mother for dead in order to save her sister. She soon learns that she is the last known member of an elite race of supernatural Warriors, and is thrust into a world full of vampires and werewolves who all seem to regard her as some sort of savior. Meanwhile, Alexa battles a monster wi ...more
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 307 pages
Published September 5th 2011 by H.D. Gordon

To ask other readers questions about Blood Warrior, please sign up.

Nicole
Nov 09, 2012 Nicole rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Nicole by: H.D.
Absolutely Brilliant....

This debut novel from H.D. Gordon has it all Love, mystery, suspense, and we have a nice love triangle going on to add into the mix. I have fallen in love with Gordon's Strong female heroine and her friends and family. This is going to be an amazing journey and I cannot wait for the next installment. Alexa Montgomery is one of a kind and so is this book, there is some much room for growth with her and a world of possibilities.

Grab your copy of this gem at $.99 on amazon
Megs ♥
Apr 10, 2014 Megs ♥ rated it it was ok
I received this book to review for the ReadIt&Reap program in the ShutUp&Read group. Thanks to the mods and the author for providing this book for us to read.

Blood Warrior is a phenomenal debut and start to the Alexa Morgan Saga. For once I honestly can't think of a single bad thing to say.

We start out being introduced to our main character, Alexa. She is always training with her mother, who she lives with, in a place where she is unhappy. She trains so much, but doesn't know why. At fi
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: YA PNR/Fantasy

“I’ll make them.” ~Alexa
“And when you can’t?” ~Kayden
My answer came before I had a chance to really consider what I was saying.
“Then, I’ll kill them. I’ll kill them all.” ~Alexa

TOTAL BADASS! I love Alexa!!!!!

When Alexa defends her sisters honor by knocking out the school bully she expects to go home and face the wrath of her mother. Instead she gets something different and unexpected from her mother... And that something will save
Megan
Blood Warrior started out promising. Unfortunately, it went the way of most urban fantasy. Alexa is a super special gal who is surrounded by hotties who want more than friendship and women who are bitches. *sigh*

What I enjoyed about this self-pub is that H.D.Gordon has created a unique world. In addition to the standard vamps and weres this book includes Warriors, Libras (who provide balance for hot-headed warriors) and half vamp/half demon Lamia's. There is an interesting political and social
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Dec 14, 2011 Kayleigh {K-Books} rated it it was amazing
Blood Warrior Review on K-Books

Wow! I don't really know where to start with this review. This book absolutely rocks. I loved every moment of it and I found it extremely difficult to put down. I couldn't wait to read this from the moment I saw the cover, it's such a great cover and look at those tattoos, they are amazing. It's made me want to get that for my next tat. I was so happy when I got a review copy of this book and I couldn't wait to dive in and start reading.

Alexa has always lived with
Karla(Book Addict)
Apr 08, 2013 Karla(Book Addict) rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Karla(Book Addict) by: H.D. Gordon
deleting reviews if you want to take a look at them you can do so on my blog, link on my profile
Midu Hadi
Nadia
Jan 10, 2012 Nadia rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012
I just finished this book & first off, I have to say that I loved it! I absolutely can't wait for Half Black Soul!

This is my first ever book review, so bear with me...

I enjoyed Alexa a lot because she's a strong female character. At times I felt sorry for her, rooted for her & even cringed on her behalf!

I must say I was quite conflicted by the love triangle - I like both Jackson & Kayden but I must say my romantic soul has always had a soft spot for that "instant connection..." type
Lisa D. Smith (Lissa Smith Reads)
Mar 06, 2015 Lisa D. Smith (Lissa Smith Reads) rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Paranormal Readers and lovers of Vampire Academy, House of Night and Night World Series.
Recommended to Lisa D. Smith by: R2R Book Blub
I shall not tell a lie… I choose Blood Warrior as my R2R read simply because it was a part of a series. I know, it’s not a valid reason; but what else can I say. It also helped that the grapevine information told a tale of vampire and werewolves would find their way into the mix. Again, I beg of you, what must I say… for the past year I have been obsessed and can’t get my fill. Well, there was also the cover. When you think vamps and were’s; the first thing to pop in your head is a sex god of a ...more
Tanecia
 photo neverendingstoriesheader_zpsede264e5.png

2011 is the year of the Warrior!!!!!

My rating: 5 Shooting Stars!!

I didn’t know what I expected from H.D. since this is her debut novel. But I have to say that I am truly glad I got my greedy little hands on this series in the beginning stages because it is going to be a force to be reckoned with! This book was out of this world!

My Thoughts:

From the very first sentence the author has you hooked and wanting to read more. In the first few pages we meet Alexa Montgomery, a seventeen year old who
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Jan 08, 2012 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: Nicole
Shelves: reviewed
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

Wow, what a cliff hanger. It wasn’t a horrible one. I just hated that the book ended. What I’m most happy about is that the release of book two is coming really really soon. And most importantly, why did I wait so long to read this one!

This is the best read for me so far this year!

What can I say about this book without giving away spoilers? Well, I can say that Alexia is a modern day Zena, Warrior Princess. She is a bad@ss! Gosh, I want to
Rachael
Nov 17, 2011 Rachael rated it it was amazing

Drop whatever book you're holding and slowly step away from it....Read this instead.

Kick-ass female warrior....TICK
Love triangle (hmm, maybe a square?)....TICK
Awesome supporting characters....TICK

Loved it!! :)
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Nov 14, 2011 Tee loves Kyle Jacobson rated it it was amazing
Warning: This book is warrioristic!

My Rating: 10 of 10

My Cover Thoughts: I absolutely love this cover! The girl is so beautiful and her tattoo that covers her arm is exquisite! I really want to get that tattooed on my arm!

My Thoughts/Review: This book is one that I just could not out down. I could not get enough and when I finished I wanted more because I just needed to know what happened.

So with that being said Alexa is just your ordinary teen who wants to go to school and get out of her house.
Jeanine
Sep 14, 2011 Jeanine rated it it was amazing
Wow! Blood Warrior is AMAZING! I have to say that I really wasn't expecting this book to grab me the way that it did and hold me hostage until the very last word was written on the very last page. Maybe that statement isn't quite right either, because I still feel a bit entranced and imprisoned by the story of Alexa and her Sun Warrior blood.

Alexa Montgomery has always been a bit strange. Her mother has trained her for battle her entire life without telling her why. Although Alexia is exception
Tana
Nov 05, 2011 Tana rated it it was amazing
Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga) by H.D. Gordon
A new author H.D. Gordon debut novel is worth picking up and reading. If you love PNR/UF then you will not be disappointed with this book. H.D. Gordon’s writing was very thought out and her words flowed and kept me reading till late in the evening.

When I first opened the book it seemed it was about a lonely young woman who was living in a very abusive home. It talked about her mother hitting her and I had to remember what genre I was readi
Lola
I got a copy for review in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book, it has a nice story, a good lead character and that I-want-to-keep-reading feeling. The story is about Alexa, just a normal teenager, altough we immediately notice she is not really normal. There are some strange things that don't add up and we get the feeling there's something more. The beginning is a bit confusing, but in a good sense, I know something's up but not yet what exactly and that makes the events se
Patrycja
Jan 10, 2012 Patrycja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

In few words

THIS. BOOK. IS. FREAKING. AWESOME.
Folks, you better believe me…

In more than few words:

This debut novel from H.D. Gordon has everything what I love in ya. Romance, suspense, action, kick ass heroine and of course smokin hot Kayden. I loved every moment of this book and I found it extremely difficult to put down.
First of all any person that loves paranormal romances, will no doubt love this one! Do you love vampires? They here.
Nikki  Peterson
Jan 05, 2012 Nikki Peterson rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Recommended to Nikki by: R2R for Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy Fanatics!
FABULOUS!!!!

I wasn't sure the first couple of pages of the book, with the Mom and all, but then after that I was like "Now that's what I'm talking about!" I love all the characters, even the ones you want to get knocked out. You get to know them and they aren't just names throwin' at ya. Not sure if I'm a Team Jackson or Team Kayden girl. However, I have always been a vamp girl ;)

I had a hard time putting this book down and when I had to I was thinking about it. Definitely Can Not Wait For The N
Suzanne
Jan 04, 2012 Suzanne rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampires, kindle-read
Also reviewed on http://paranormalbookfan.blogspot.com

This was a really enjoyable read!

Alexa's mother has been training her to fight her entire life. She doesn't know why and thinks her mother may be paranoid but Alexa is a Sun Warrior, and the last of her kind. Her race has been hunted to extinction by the other races of vampires, werewolves and searchers. And the Lamia, the Accursed. The Lamia are the enemy to all the races. After their house is attacked by Lamia and their mother killed, Alexa
Candis
I received this book as an R2R - as always thanks to those hard working folks that allow us to read these books (writers, AND PNR/UF).

Every day is a test. Another lesson. Another battle. Life is not easy for Alexa. Her mother is always preparing her for something. She makes Alexa and her sister run the three miles to school everyday. Alexa is put through battle training that leaves her bruised and angry. What is she preparing Alexa for? Then it happens...will Alexa and her sister survive?

Pros: L
Christie Rich
Jan 06, 2012 Christie Rich rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-titles
I have to say when I first started reading this book, I didn't think I was going to like it.

There were too many unanswered questions, and Alexa didn't ask any of them in the start of this novel. For one thing, if a seventeen year old kept showing up to school with bruises and black eye's you better believe someone would have called Child and Family Services. Another thing was Alexa just accepted that her mother made her train every day and didn't bother to find out why or refuse to do it.

Her mot
Jessica B
I was given the opportunity to review this through a group read here on goodreads. To start off the review I wanted to say that I love the cover of this book and it is originally what hooked me.

The start of this book is a little strange. Alexa is living in normal society in what can definitely be considered a not so normal living arrangement. She lived with her mother who trains her to fight and keeps her in good shape but we don;t really understand this until much later in the story.

Soon we d
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
Overall Premise
Alexa is most definitely not your average teenager. Instead of dates, dresses and friends, she has "practice" with her Mother and often ends up with black eyes. Instead of riding the bus to school, she and her younger sister must run miles each day to get there and home. The "hot bad boy" happens to be her best and only friend, while most others shun her. She has so much anger, and her protective instincts flare when her younger sister is grabbed by a popular jock that she nearly
Laurie: Almost Faemous
Jan 05, 2012 Laurie: Almost Faemous rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of UF, YA
Recommended to Laurie: Almost Faemous by: Read 2 Review
Originally posted http://ufreview.com/2012/01/05/blood-...

Review:

This is the debut novel from H D Gordon and I received a review copy from one of the groups I am a member of on Goodreads. First off I have to say that I am not the biggest fan of YA and here is why, I am not 17 and I have nothing in common with some one 17 so I tend to find the characters unrelateable and a 17yr old saving the world... yeah not so believable for me. My experience with YA pretty much consisted of the PC Cast series
Natshane
Jan 02, 2015 Natshane rated it really liked it
Enchanting and absorbing.

I was excited to read this book after I heard how much my friends loved it and got so psyched up at the mention of Blood Warrior, however when I was reading it myself, I was a bit let down because the chapters were too short and the story was not properly elaborated. But, I was assured that I would be at the edge of my seat when I reached the later chapters.

Boy, was I hysterical.

The turn of events was such a surprise and I had a few jaw dropping moments, though the cha
Kat (Kindred Dreamheart)
Jan 21, 2012 Kat (Kindred Dreamheart) rated it it was amazing
This has been the best four days of my life. If not for work, it could have easily been reduced to hours. This was my very first e-book read on my very first e-reader and it did not disappoint.

I’m talking 4.5-stars, but I'll round up to 5 for sites without a half scale.(I feel being generous today.) Thanks to the good people over at Shut Up & Read for enthrusting me to give an honest review.

Every chance I got, my Nook was glued to my hands. I’ve never seen a vampire/lycanthrope story told
Jennifer (random jendsmit)
I usually don't really like first books of a series - but this book is amazing!

If you have not read it - or added it to you TBR stack - ADD IT NOW!

I would have finished this book sooner, but I was sick for 3 days during my reading time frame :( So really I finished this book in 2 days. It is a great read - actually really easy to read and easy to follow. There is great information all the way through so it is easy to keep up. I didn't really feel confused or lost at all!

------------------------
Lindsey  {Lindsey's Bookshelf}
Dec 20, 2011 Lindsey {Lindsey's Bookshelf} rated it really liked it
A revised Review,

I really enjoyed this, it was full of drama and my kind of book. Alexa was a great main character not to soft but showed she has some emotions. There were lots of twists to the story which kept me completley captivated. A good size book which I bough for 85p from Amazon.co.uk Its worth a lot more.
The men in this book were very nice but with not knowing who she is more draw to I look farward to finding out in book 2 I know who I want to see her with but not going to give that one
PepperP0t
I had never heard of this book before I received a copy in return for an honest review. I cannot rave about it enough and am anxious for more. This read is extraordinarily good made more impressive to be a debut.

The synopsis is accurate so there is no need to put it in my own words. This is definitely not your average YA paranormal-it is mature YA with none of the angst we see too often in the genre. Although the first couple of chapters are difficult as you try to determine exactly what is goi
Cindy Rawlings
Jan 08, 2012 Cindy Rawlings rated it it was amazing
Ummm...WOW! I loved this book! I did not want to put it down.

Alexa's character is awesome. Pretty typical mannerisms of a strong female who has the world on their shoulders....tough on the outside, with an uncontrollable monster that rears it's ugly head at the most unfortunate times, while being completely compassionate and caring for others above herself.

Nelly, her sister, I picture as a pretty sweet younger version of Alexa, only she is much better at hiding her demon. She also has secrets t
We ♥ YA Books! : Read the first book in The Alexa Montgomery Saga for free! 3 32 Apr 25, 2013 04:11PM
Young Adult Ficti...: Read the first book in The Alexa Montgomery Saga for free! 1 17 Apr 24, 2013 07:08AM
has anyone read the 4th? 5 14 Mar 28, 2013 03:43AM
Blood Warriors - ...: Want to win Blood Warrior??? 6 24 Mar 23, 2013 11:54AM
Blood Warriors - ...: News 196 90 Mar 01, 2013 10:16AM
  • Bound by Blood (The Garner Witch #1)
  • The Ylem (The Ylem Trilogy, #1)
  • Eden-West (Eden, #2)
  • Her Dark Destiny (Hunters of the Dark, #1)
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • Fate Fixed (Erris Coven, #1)
  • Sweet Blood of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #1)
  • Blood Fever (The Watchers, #3)
  • Vol.1 (London Brown, #3.5)
  • Endure (The Protector, #4)
  • The Scarlet Dagger (The Red Sector Chronicles #1)
  • Siren Song
  • River Cast (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #2)
  • Evernight (Night Watchmen, #2)
  • What Kills Me (What Kills Me, #1)
  • Crimson Midnight (Crimson #1)
  • Time Mends (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #2)
  • A Demon Made Me Do It (Demonblood, #1)
H. D. Gordon is the author of young adult and adult fiction. She has independently sold over 40,000 e-copies of her books worldwide, and has an eclectic taste in genres.

H. D. is a poet, a mother, a philosopher and an earth-lover. She believes our actions have ripple effects, and in the sacred mission of bringing love and light to the world.

She loves big dreamers, animals, children, killing zombies
More about H.D. Gordon...

The Alexa Montgomery Saga (4 books)
  • Half Black Soul (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #2)
  • The Rise (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #3)
  • Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4)

“A Searcher, a Wolf Son and a Warrior,” she announced. I suppressed a laugh. I almost expected her to say “walked into a bar.” 16 likes
“What, did I just step into the twilight zone?” 11 likes