Start by marking “Always, Angel (The Lost Angels, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Always, Angel (The Lost Angels, #0.5)

Always, Angel (The Lost Angels 0.5)

From the "New York Times "bestselling author of the Big Bad Wolf paranormal romances, a brand-new novella in the world of the Lost Angels.

For millennia, the archangels have searched for their destined mates on earth. Now they are beginning to unite, but for Angel, it is a time of danger and fear. For with this culmination, her true nature will finally be revealed--opening
Published October 4th 2011 by Signet Book

To ask other readers questions about Always, Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always, Angel

Bared to You by Sylvia DayReflected in You by Sylvia DayGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain ReynardThe Siren by Tiffany ReiszGabriel's Rapture by Sylvain Reynard
Smut for the Smart
266th out of 1,300 books — 1,883 voters
Dark Lover by J.R. WardPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonWallbanger by Alice ClaytonFallen Too Far by Abbi GlinesBeautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Favourite Series of all time!
83rd out of 117 books — 15 voters

More lists with this book...

Adriana Rios de Biedermann
Oct 13, 2011 Adriana Rios de Biedermann rated it it was amazing
This small book is just OMG... This book put a AMAZING back ground to this amazing story.... This new series promess BIG TIME with amazing hours reading definily a great series and great character... Looping forward to Nov 1
Carolyn  Storer
3.5 Stars

It is no secret that I loved 'Avenger's Angel' and because of that I purchased "Always Angel" the day it was released. It has many of the aspects I loved about 'Avenger's Angel' from the great writing to intriguing, sexy characters.

"Always Angel" is very short, too short in my opinion, and because of this there's not much plot. It's not a self-contained story as there's no real beginning, middle and end. It's more of a prologue to the main series. In the summary above it states that it
Oct 28, 2011 Christine rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, own-it
Oh my gosh! This makes me want to read Angel's story even more. Thank goodness I've already read Avenger's Angel. Now I must hold out for Messenger's Angel.

*rocks back and forth in corner until June*
Nov 07, 2011 GONZA rated it liked it
Nice prequel to Avenger's angel so now I know who is the soulmate of Sam, but what about the Incubus?
Nov 09, 2011 Shirley rated it really liked it
I was introduced to Heather’s writing through her Big Bad Wolf series. Although I was sad to find out that The Hunt marked the end of that series, I was thrilled to find out that she had another series in the works. Always Angel was the perfect introduction to what promises to be another amazing series.

In Always Angel you are introduced to the premise of the series. You also get a glimpse into the world Heather has created. Although the series is about Angles, there are also lots of other supern
Nov 11, 2011 Jacqueline rated it it was amazing
What a great start to the Angel's series. Angel is a selfless supernatural with amazing supernatural abilities, I say selfless because her main reason for being on earth is to protect the four archesses who are destined for the archangels. Angel has been waiting for over 2,000 years for the archesses. However if anything was to happen to one of the archesses Angel would have failed her mission and she would then be free to remain on earth, which is something she would love to be able to do! You ...more
Nov 13, 2011 Sally rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011
This novella is an introduction to the new Lost Angels series. It gives an insight into the world of four Archangels and their destined mates, the Archesses, who are protected by Angel. Angel would do anything to stop the Archangels meeting their mates because once all four do the Culmination will begin and is this a good thing? Only time will tell.

Many questions have been left unanswered in this novella and hopefully Angel's story will be developed throughout the series.

There are many character
Jan 01, 2015 Kerr rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
UPDATE: If I recall correctly, this some what ruined the first of the novels, so I would recommend not reading it fist.

Always, Angel is a short story introducing the Lost Angels series. I did wonder about reading it first, but it was written before the series came out, so I guess it's fine. It didn't seem to give too much away and if Angel appears in the books, well you'll know her secret. It ended on a bit of a cliffie, I so hope Angel's story gets finished, either within the books, or as anoth
Nicky Cartwright Pashley
Feb 24, 2012 Nicky Cartwright Pashley rated it really liked it
Always Angel by Heather Killough-Walden

I really enjoyed this book. The story quickly captures the readers interest, as it is action packed from the first page. A multitude of fantastic fantasy creatures are quickly introduced but due to the authors skill, the reader is still able to absorb and understand each creature without an information overload.

The series is about four archangels, stranded on Earth and seeking their archesses. They have been stranded amongst humanity, stuck in their human
May 08, 2012 Steph rated it liked it
I really liked this novella and regretted how short it was. I wish that there was a follow-up. It would be nice to know what happened to Angel, especially since it ended on a cliff hanger (with no hint of a sequel), and she's barely mentioned again in Avenger's Angel. It's a very interesting plot that I've never come across before and I would recommend it.
May 15, 2012 Tracy rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Always Angel. The book, although short, was a great introduction to the 'Lost Angels' series.
Liked how through it Heather Killough Walden introduced us to the 4 archangels and gave us a little insight into what was to come.
Looking forward to meeting Angel again in a future story..... Wonder what will happen with her - I'm sure it will be interesting!!!!

Even if you have read the 1st 2 books in the LA series, pick this one up - it's a smashing read!!!!
Jun 28, 2012 Kat rated it really liked it
Admittedly I read this after I read the first book in the series (Avenger's Angel) so it wasn't really an introduction, just added to my understanding of the series.
Still, Angel is such an intriguing character! And there are so many different ideas in such a short story, but it seems to work... There are some parts in the book which are a little confusing and not very well explained, but they kind of explain themselves :)
Mar 23, 2013 Joanne rated it it was amazing
Finally I've read this book... It's my first ebook... I have it now and it's worth it... It's just short for me but i don't care cause I've actually read Avenger's angel and Messenger's angel... Can't wait to have my Death's angel... I hope there would be a fifth book about Samael... Anyway, i love reading this book... Athough it's short, i fell in love with Angel right away... I hope to read more about her in the last series of books... I hope she stays... I like her character because she is pa ...more
Nov 10, 2012 Nereid rated it liked it
Shelves: heather-s-books
Short and sweet Novella which introduces us to the Angel series as I have previously enjoyed her other books. I would recommend reading this one first as it gives you a basic insight into the characters and their special abilities. While I realise it is only a novella, I was disappointed that it was not as long as I would have liked but still a good start to this new series. I should point out I prefer full length novels and books that are part of the series as I do become invested in the charac ...more
Simona Pellegrini
Jan 03, 2013 Simona Pellegrini rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy, angeli
Breve, troppo breve, questo prequel da in sostanza l'idea di fondo di tutta la serie "Lost Angels", e fa capire come non solo i quattro fratelli arcangeli abbiano diritto a un'anima gemella. Vale la pena leggerlo se si è fan della serie.
Feb 25, 2013 Lettee rated it liked it
Even though this was a really good story and definitely gave a good start for the series, it is not a necessity to read. As a matter of fact, it really isn't worth the $2.99 price tag. (I read this within hour.)

This novella gives you a little insight on one "tiny" aspect in the series. Yes, I am glad it is known, but it wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't know this either.

I can't really, in good conscience, recommend this read. It is too short for the $2.99 price. Yet in the same breath, it real
Claire (_Book Huntress)
2.5 it was ok

bit cryptic with the details but an ok intro to the series.

will read book 1 in the hopes that its a) steamier b) more romantic c) more action packed

fingers crossed....
Jun 25, 2013 Elena rated it it was ok
This is a prequel, not even really a novella. Quite short. I read Amazon reviews that told me to read this first or else a lot of stuff with the main character of this wouldn't make sense. There was a LOT of telling in this short piece of fiction, which made it not as strong as it could have been. I'm not sure if I will be reading the rest of the series or not because of that. It also has a few elements that I find kind of triggery (which other people probably wouldn't). I'm just undecided on th ...more
Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald
I loved the short novella. I wish I would find them before reading the books. I find that these short stories open the doorway to the beginning of a series. By reading them it does give you a better understanding. Heather is an exceptional writer. I love her books that I've read do far and can't wait to read more of her books. A perfect short novella.
Mar 23, 2015 Annelise rated it it was ok
Again, WTF?
This short story gave nothing... and at the same time something, but only a small something.
6/10 - An interesting prologue for the rest of the Lost Angels series, but it's a bit frustrating because this book ends in a cliff hanger and it isn't resolved for ages, or possibly at all (it bloody better be). I've read the next three books and so far nothing of what happened in Always, Angel has been resolved, in fact Angel is hardly seen or discussed and is seen as a mysterious character whose motives are unknown (from what I remember of what I read, it was a number of years ago).

Then of co
Feb 16, 2015 Brigitte rated it it was amazing
Shelves: feb-15
Unfortunately, I read this novella in the wrong sequence as I have already read the four books about the archangels. For me this didn't affect the first three as much, I believed that Angel was a friend the archesses had met on line. I was a little puzzled when she made an appearance with Hesteros at the park, where Michael and Rhiannon were being attacked in the fourth book though.

This novella is a good introduction to the Lost Angels Series. Angel was sent to earth to look out for the other f
Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
Apr 11, 2015 Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill rated it it was amazing
Always, Angel is the prequel to the Lost Angels series and it did exactly what a prequel is supposed to do. It introduced me to the characters, laid out the groundwork for the series and got me excited about reading the next book.

Of course, it's a story unto itself. You can read it and decide not to move onto the book, Avenger's Angel but then you would never find out who or what Angel really is or what she is trying to hide or what her connection is to Hesperos and Samael, aside from the obviou
Voto: 3 e mezzo
In questo breve racconto della serie Lost Angels. Heather Killough-Walden ci presenta Angel, che, se non ho capito male, è la compagna predestinata di Samael.
Non viene detto molto, ma sono rimasta incuriosita da Hesperos, il re degli Incubi. Spero che venga approfondito meglio il suo personaggio nei prossimi libri ^-^
3,5 per una breve novella che ci introduce il carismatico personaggio della bella Angel, la donna da sempre innamorata di Samael che ha un grande segreto e che gli è destinata. Una storia che si incastra perfettamente nella storyline principale degli arcangeli e che ci fa venire una grande voglia di leggere il quinto e ultimo romanzo della serie.
Tra parentesi Samael il mio personaggio preferito e ho grandi aspettative su di lui e Angel. Una nota di merito per il re degli Incubi, davvero un perso
Romance and Fantasy for Cosmopolitan Girls
Romance and Fantasy for Cosmopolitan Girls
Il mondo creato dalla Killough-Walden è spettacolare. Finora non sono rimasta delusa da nessuno dei libri della serie usciti in Italia.
Questa delle cherubine separate dai propri arcangeli la trovo un'idea davvero fantastica. Il paranormal romance è il mio genere preferito, e questa serie non manca di nulla.

L'aggiunta in questo prequel degli Incubi, poi, si può definire la ciliegina su una torta già di per sé strepitosa. Hesperos, avvenente e intrigante R
Dec 09, 2015 Debrac2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable short story!
Dec 11, 2015 Heather rated it it was ok
Michelle Randall
Let me start by saying that I read this short novellette, after reading the first three books, which was probably good. Angel is mentioned in each of the three novels, in the same brief manner. She has been an online friend to all of our archess. So from the beginning, even in book one, I had a feeling that Angel was going to play a role at some point.

At this point we learn that Angel learns about each archess through dreams, and then she friends them online, and she also keeps and eye on them i
May 03, 2016 Kasumi rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal, fantasy
Es una historia corta que solo te da lo justo para que piques y empieces a leer la serie que prologa con la presentación de un misterioso personaje, Ángel, cuya naturaleza sospechamos es precisamente esa, angelical, pero que no tenemos claro, ya que es parte del misterio y del cuidadoso secreto que guarda mientras actua como "ángel protector" de las protagonistas de las novelas que componen la serie y que aquí apenas se vislumbran.

Como poco, me ha picado la curiosidad, así que leeré al menos el
Always Angel by Heather Killough-Walden 1 7 Oct 30, 2012 09:45AM
  • Cain's Coven (Begotten Bloods, #1)
  • Courted by the Vampire (Eight Realms, #1)
  • Dream Warrior  (Dark Warrior Alliance #1)
  • The Devil & Venus di Milo (Witches Anonymous, #0.5)
  • Silver Moon (The Deja Vu Chronicles #2)
  • Dark Waters (Elemental #1)
  • Chains of the Sciell (Merging Worlds Series, #2)
  • Whisper ( A Lakeview Novel, #2)
  • Eternal Blood (Mark of the Vampire, #2.5)
  • Call of the Raven (The Union Series #1)
  • Rise of the Dunamy
  • Alpha Moon (Caged Moon, #1.5)
  • Haven Lost (The Dragon's Brood Cycle, Vol. 1)
  • Hunting the Hunter
  • Shadows of the Past (Others of Edenton, #2)
  • The World of Karov (Children of Demilee, #1)
  • The Lost Remnant (Pieces of Eden, #1)
  • Angel of Darkness (The Fallen, #1)
Heather Killough-Walden is a California native currently living in Texas with her husband and child. She is the New York Times bestselling author of the Big Bad Wolf series. Heather’s educational background includes religious studies, archeology, and law. She has traveled all over the world but hopes to one day live in a town with a world-class hockey team. (Let’s Go Pens!) Visit Heather’s website ...more
More about Heather Killough-Walden...

The Lost Angels (6 books)
  • Avenger's Angel (The Lost Angels, #1)
  • Messenger's Angel (The Lost Angels, #2)
  • Death's Angel (The Lost Angels, #3)
  • Warrior's Angel (The Lost Angels, #4)
  • Samael (The Lost Angels, #5)