Always, Angel (The Lost Angels, #0.5)

Always, Angel (The Lost Angels 0.5)

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  556 ratings  ·  34 reviews
From the "New York Times "bestselling author of the Big Bad Wolf paranormal romances, a brand-new novella in the world of the Lost Angels.

For millennia, the archangels have searched for their destined mates on earth. Now they are beginning to unite, but for Angel, it is a time of danger and fear. For with this culmination, her true nature will finally be revealed--opening...more
Published October 4th 2011 by Signet Book

To ask other readers questions about Always, Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always, Angel

Nicky Cartwright Pashley
Always Angel by Heather Killough-Walden

I really enjoyed this book. The story quickly captures the readers interest, as it is action packed from the first page. A multitude of fantastic fantasy creatures are quickly introduced but due to the authors skill, the reader is still able to absorb and understand each creature without an information overload.

The series is about four archangels, stranded on Earth and seeking their archesses. They have been stranded amongst humanity, stuck in their human...more
Shirley
I was introduced to Heather’s writing through her Big Bad Wolf series. Although I was sad to find out that The Hunt marked the end of that series, I was thrilled to find out that she had another series in the works. Always Angel was the perfect introduction to what promises to be another amazing series.

In Always Angel you are introduced to the premise of the series. You also get a glimpse into the world Heather has created. Although the series is about Angles, there are also lots of other supern...more
Claire (_Book Huntress)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2.5 it was ok

bit cryptic with the details but an ok intro to the series.

will read book 1 in the hopes that its a) steamier b) more romantic c) more action packed

fingers crossed....
Carolyn (Book Chick City)
Originally posted on Book Chick City. 7/10 on the blog.

It is no secret that I loved 'Avenger's Angel' and because of that I purchased "Always Angel" the day it was released. It has many of the aspects I loved about 'Avenger's Angel' from the great writing to intriguing, sexy characters.

"Always Angel" is very short, too short in my opinion, and because of this there's not much plot. It's not a self-contained story as there's no real beginning, middle and end. It's more of a prologue to the main...more
Lettee
Even though this was a really good story and definitely gave a good start for the series, it is not a necessity to read. As a matter of fact, it really isn't worth the $2.99 price tag. (I read this within hour.)

This novella gives you a little insight on one "tiny" aspect in the series. Yes, I am glad it is known, but it wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't know this either.

I can't really, in good conscience, recommend this read. It is too short for the $2.99 price. Yet in the same breath, it real...more
Jacqueline
What a great start to the Angel's series. Angel is a selfless supernatural with amazing supernatural abilities, I say selfless because her main reason for being on earth is to protect the four archesses who are destined for the archangels. Angel has been waiting for over 2,000 years for the archesses. However if anything was to happen to one of the archesses Angel would have failed her mission and she would then be free to remain on earth, which is something she would love to be able to do! You...more
Joanne
Finally I've read this book... It's my first ebook... I have it now and it's worth it... It's just short for me but i don't care cause I've actually read Avenger's angel and Messenger's angel... Can't wait to have my Death's angel... I hope there would be a fifth book about Samael... Anyway, i love reading this book... Athough it's short, i fell in love with Angel right away... I hope to read more about her in the last series of books... I hope she stays... I like her character because she is pa...more
Sally
This novella is an introduction to the new Lost Angels series. It gives an insight into the world of four Archangels and their destined mates, the Archesses, who are protected by Angel. Angel would do anything to stop the Archangels meeting their mates because once all four do the Culmination will begin and is this a good thing? Only time will tell.

Many questions have been left unanswered in this novella and hopefully Angel's story will be developed throughout the series.

There are many character...more
Christine Butler
My only complaint is that there wasn't enough! ;)

Moving on to the Avenger's Angel!
Nereid
Short and sweet Novella which introduces us to the Angel series as I have previously enjoyed her other books. I would recommend reading this one first as it gives you a basic insight into the characters and their special abilities. While I realise it is only a novella, I was disappointed that it was not as long as I would have liked but still a good start to this new series. I should point out I prefer full length novels and books that are part of the series as I do become invested in the charac...more
Kerr
Always, Angel is a short story introducing the Lost Angels series. I did wonder about reading it first, but it was written before the series came out, so I guess it's fine. It didn't seem to give too much away and if Angel appears in the books, well you'll know her secret. It ended on a bit of a cliffie, I so hope Angel's story gets finished, either within the books, or as another short at the end.

I had intended to lead right into the first book, but as the 3rd one is out at the end of next mon...more
Elena
This is a prequel, not even really a novella. Quite short. I read Amazon reviews that told me to read this first or else a lot of stuff with the main character of this wouldn't make sense. There was a LOT of telling in this short piece of fiction, which made it not as strong as it could have been. I'm not sure if I will be reading the rest of the series or not because of that. It also has a few elements that I find kind of triggery (which other people probably wouldn't). I'm just undecided on th...more
Rebekka Cavies
Good intro to the series, cannot wait to find out more
Tracy
I really enjoyed Always Angel. The book, although short, was a great introduction to the 'Lost Angels' series.
Liked how through it Heather Killough Walden introduced us to the 4 archangels and gave us a little insight into what was to come.
Looking forward to meeting Angel again in a future story..... Wonder what will happen with her - I'm sure it will be interesting!!!!

Even if you have read the 1st 2 books in the LA series, pick this one up - it's a smashing read!!!!
Kat
Admittedly I read this after I read the first book in the series (Avenger's Angel) so it wasn't really an introduction, just added to my understanding of the series.
Still, Angel is such an intriguing character! And there are so many different ideas in such a short story, but it seems to work... There are some parts in the book which are a little confusing and not very well explained, but they kind of explain themselves :)
Steph
I really liked this novella and regretted how short it was. I wish that there was a follow-up. It would be nice to know what happened to Angel, especially since it ended on a cliff hanger (with no hint of a sequel), and she's barely mentioned again in Avenger's Angel. It's a very interesting plot that I've never come across before and I would recommend it.
Angela(demonsangel) Fitzgerald
I loved the short novella. I wish I would find them before reading the books. I find that these short stories open the doorway to the beginning of a series. By reading them it does give you a better understanding. Heather is an exceptional writer. I love her books that I've read do far and can't wait to read more of her books. A perfect short novella.
Simona Pellegrini
Breve, troppo breve, questo prequel da in sostanza l'idea di fondo di tutta la serie "Lost Angels", e fa capire come non solo i quattro fratelli arcangeli abbiano diritto a un'anima gemella. Vale la pena leggerlo se si è fan della serie.
Adriana Rios de Biedermann
This small book is just OMG... This book put a AMAZING back ground to this amazing story.... This new series promess BIG TIME with amazing hours reading definily a great series and great character... Looping forward to Nov 1
Christine
Oh my gosh! This makes me want to read Angel's story even more. Thank goodness I've already read Avenger's Angel. Now I must hold out for Messenger's Angel.

*rocks back and forth in corner until June*
Lisa M
Clues to future books. I read Avenger's Angel first, and so was surprised at the identity of Eleanore's friend. I'm glad I read Always, Angel for that reason alone.
sharon
Although I enjoyed this book. It didn't have the same feel as Heather's other books hence that it is the only series of hers that I haven't read fully.
Emilie
It was a little short and had a slightly abrupt ending, but it was a good intro into the series. Left me wanting more.
GONZA
Nice prequel to Avenger's angel so now I know who is the soulmate of Sam, but what about the Incubus?
Annelise
Again, WTF?
This short story gave nothing... and at the same time something, but only a small something.
Tamara
A confusing, frustrating read. Lot's of questions, very few answers, full review to follow
Ann-Kristin
A great introduction to the series. As always, HKW delivers.

"Nothing escaped Hesperos." Indeed.

Caitlin
I'm so intrigued as to how this series is going to end now!...
Danielle
Great start to a new series. Cant wait to read Avengers Angel
Paula

Desperately waiting on the next book in the series.
Always Angel by Heather Killough-Walden 1 7 Oct 30, 2012 09:45AM
  • Eternal Embers (Dragon's Heat, #2.5)
  • Eternal Blood (Mark of the Vampire, #2.5)
  • Werewolf in Greenwich Village (Wild About You Novella, 1.5)
  • The Devil & Venus di Milo (Witches Anonymous, #0.5)
  • Dragon Rising (The Hidden, #0.6)
  • Angel of Darkness (The Fallen, #1)
  • Time Crossed (Traveller, #1.5)
  • Bear Naked (Midnight Liaisons, #3.5)
  • Wraith's Awakening (Para-Ops, #0.5)
  • Archangel Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #3)
  • Dark Kiss Of The Reaper
  • Rebel (The Fallen, #4)
  • Black Heart (Black Wings, #6)
  • Succubus, Interrupted (Succubus Diaries, #3.5)
  • Dire Warning (Eternal Wolf Clan, #0.5)
  • Bound to Me (Dark Days, #0.5)
  • Kiss of Temptation (Deadly Angels, #3)
  • Sweet Magik (Klaus Brothers, #2)
Heather Killough-Walden is a California native currently living in Texas with her husband and child. She is the New York Times bestselling author of the Big Bad Wolf series. Heather’s educational background includes religious studies, archeology, and law. She has traveled all over the world but hopes to one day live in a town with a world-class hockey team. (Let’s Go Pens!) Visit Heather’s website...more
More about Heather Killough-Walden...
The Heat (The Big Bad Wolf, #1) The Spell (The Big Bad Wolf, #3) The Strip (The Big Bad Wolf, #2) The Vampire King (The Kings, #1) The Hunt (The Big Bad Wolf, #4)