Start by marking “Reckless Conduct” as Want to Read:
Reckless Conduct

Reckless Conduct (9 to 5)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  222 ratings  ·  21 reviews
9 to 5"Behaving badly..."

Harriet attended the company's New Year's Eve party in all innocence. It wasn't her fault that the punch she'd been drinking was stronger than expected--so that she'd ended up confiding in a gorgeous stranger about her broken engagement. How was she to know she'd been pouring her heart out to the chairman himself, Marcus Fox?

."..at the office party
ebook, Harlequin Presents #1847, 192 pages
Published September 2011 by Harlequin Treasury-Harlequin Presents 90s (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Reckless Conduct, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless Conduct

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
This is an awesome book. Harriet is the typical, prudish, retiring type girl, who gets fed up with her life after her fiance dumps her for being to boring. She gets a little drunk at the Christmas party at work and it turns out she sleeps with her boss, who's shoulder she cries on. It's a little embarrassing, but Harriet is ready to move on anyway and live her life, so she tries to resign. But her boss Marcus is not willing to let go of her, namely because he's been in love with her for sometime ...more
Jacqueline
4-1/2 stars. Amusing story with a ditsy heroine. You don't get enough of those and it's a story type that I really like. She used to be staid and conservative and just got tired of it. So she gives herself a make over dyes her hair and changes her dress style. She had already caught the eye of her boss in her old incarnation and he doesn't really know what to do with her now. She sort of runs circles around him. A couple of surprises in the end. Cute read.
Kay
Sep 18, 2012 Kay rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebooks
5 Stars! ~ Reeling from a year of unbearable losses, Harriet snaps one Friday after yet another emotional hit. No more is she going to be the mousy boring woman who is so dependable and efficient. In one weekend, she replaces her wardrobe, bleaches her hair, takes a makeup lesson and sells her house. Late to work on Monday, she makes her grand entrance; short platinum wavy hair, snug mini-skirt, four inch heels and sexy black stockings; she has every male distracted. Ever since the company's New ...more
Aruna
I loved this book. I have had it for a long time now and have read and re-read it. It is one of those pick-me-up books which is at times funny, sad, and illuminating. Classic Susan Napier, just all round great romance. Can't say enough about it.
(view spoiler)
Roub
this was an absolute fun read n very original ! can u believe dat harriet actually 4got she had sex wid the boss on new year's eve !? lol! her emotions were all over the place !! frankly i had doubts abt her mental stability, she did seem a lil deranged or like suffering from bipolar disorder. while marcus was so very upright, i guess i was disappointed not 2 have our usual manwhore. he was besotted wid her since their one night stand n was very sweet. i mean the way he gradually stepped n infil ...more
Lori Baldi
This was the first that I read by Napier. She is a wonderful writer of these short romance novels excelling at holding interest and developing characters. I'm sad to say that I haven't found any new material by her and I continue to hold out hope that she'll pick up the pen and do some more work. We miss her and need more writers like her. Her settings are all set in New Zealand with characters almost always from Down Under. I find her to be unique in that respect as well. Almost all of her back ...more
Kaycee Sapinoso
This was such a fun book. This book was a pleasant surprised. I thought I wouldn't like it since I don't find the book cover catchy, but oh, I ended up loving it. The phrase "Don't judge the book by it's cover" was very much applicable in this book.

I don't want to give further details so that I won't spoil the book for those who haven't read it yet. I just wan't to say that I really enjoyed it. There are laugh-out-loud moments for me. And the twist, I didn't see that coming. Now it made me under
Cherise
reread, couple of times in fact, didn't know till I read the cute beginning scene.

The H spends the majority of the book trying to get under the h's skin but not doing anything overt to scare her away. I like the fact that he is not an arse but is very courteous and caring in his dealings with her. He also has to deliver a few home truths to her, which though is hard, is never delivered cruelly but with the best intentions to help her recover and get past her trauma.

The h is a total emotional tra
Shonnie
Boring yet....

I thought the story seemed to drag on. It felt like much to do about nothing (words leading the story nowhere). That is until the hero called the heroine out of her name. I'm still confused on were this change came from. By the time this little excitement happened I was 80% through the story. Then the next thing I knew, the story was over. Don't think I would recommend.
Bukcrz

Loved this read. I am used to reading victim and doormat mentality on old HP heroines. To read this h's shaky venture towards boldness is very welcoming. At first her appearance and conduct seemed thoughtless but as the pages progressed the bits and pieces of the reason why is revealed. When the last straw that broke her reserved was revealed I was ready to give her the world.
The hero, sigh....he is awesome. Most old HP heroes are jerks, this one is delicious. He will invade the h's space in a c
Lucimar
Harriet é que se chama um moça certinha, que da noite para o dia muda completamente de aparência e modo de agir. Em vez de se esconder, passa a encarar o mundo de peito aberto.
Marcus é o patrão boa pinta, que de repente se vê atraído por uma das suas secretárias. E a partir daí rolam trechos engraçados criados pelos personagens. Ele, por conta de seu bom comportamento resolve pedir que ela o ajude com sua filha adolescente, visto que é viúvo e não entende como orientá-la e qual não é sua surpre
Modesty_b
enjoyed it very much.I was confused at the start because I felt like I was re-reading the story and couldn't remember it (the theme was similar to another book I read but can't remember).It was of course a different story but loved it all the same.
Angy
i really loved the book..
though i was disappointed that i couldn't get an idea about hero's age.
u know i made difficult for me to imagine the hero...
very entertaining book..
Totally recommended
Tia
The heroine decided she needed an image change and it was quite drastic. The hero decided well before the image change, that the heroine was the woman for him. When they have a secret fling at a new years party and the heroine doesn't remember a thing about it afterwards, the hero still pursues her. Finally after a whole lot of hilariousness and some quirky drama, they come together. The ending is one that will have you giggling!

I liked it quite a lot actually. I was laughing through more than h
DNF - I hated the h. Hated her attitude towards her superiors. I don't like her being a smart-ass towards the boss. I cringed every time she was being "bold" (that's her operative word) and all I see in my case was "unprofessional". I sympathize with her cause to break out of her shell but she didn't need to over do it. When the h told the H she was "impertinent" at the beginning of the book that became my signal to stop. No mas.
May
hated the "heroine" in the book. at first i loved her mindset and her makeover! and as the book progressed, my feelings for her went downhill. Damn she's annoying, someone should throw her off a cliff! the ending did kind of made up for that horrible read. but i suggest not reading it if u have no patience for idiotic people.
Dhristi
I read this book a long time ago and time & time again I would remember the story line and would wonder what the name of this book was :) . And then I found it again and read it. I love this book. The humor and the chemistry between the hero and heroine is good. I enjoyed reading this book again.
Fabiola Chenet
Je note un peu au-dessus mais ce roman est un rafraichissement. J'ai ri et pour une fois, c'est l'héroïne qui ne se souvient plus d'une certaine nuit et c'est au héros de tout faire pour la conquérir. LOL
April Brookshire
This book was pretty funny. The heroine was having an early mid-life crisis. Napier can write a hot hero, but I wish she'd let him shine more. Most of the time he was well-mannered and quiet.
Heather
Completely implausible but a great read nonetheless. Susan Napier writes great short romances - don't let the harlequin cover fool you.
I loved this book and the main characters! Loved it!
Huda Khurshid
Huda Khurshid marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Neus Cámara gutiérrez
Neus Cámara gutiérrez marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Diya Fey
Diya Fey marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Ab
Ab marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
  • Marriage on the Rebound
  • The Trophy Husband
  • Wife for a Week (Bennett #1)
  • The Playboy's Proposition (Australian Playboys #1)
  • A Willing Surrender (Harlequin Presents, #976)
  • Aristides' Convenient Wife  (A Mediterranean Marriage #9)
  • Comparative Strangers
  • Captive Loving
  • Lingering Melody
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • Best Man to Wed?
Perhaps being born on Valentine’s Day was an omen that Susan Napier would become a romance writer. This New Zealand author has written over 30 Mills & Boon category romances since 1984. Napier and her husband Tony Potter met when they both worked at the Auckland Star newspaper. After they married, she left the newspaper to work for a film company where she learned the art of dialogue. After th ...more
More about Susan Napier...
Mistress of the Groom Price of Passion Secret Admirer In Bed with the Boss Love Conspiracy