Start by marking “Soul Search” as Want to Read:
Soul Search

Soul Search

Three years ago, one horrific night changed his life forever. And now the wolf soul that was invoked to save him is taking over his body, day by day.

Can he master his animal instincts in time to discover who is stealing children's souls before the delicate balance we all depend upon is shattered?

Or will he reject the one woman who can help heal his body and his soul?
Nook, 407 pages
Published September 8th 2011 by Tholden Press

To ask other readers questions about Soul Search, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Search

Heather Book Savvy Babe
Amber Scott does it again, she has created a new world full of magic and supernatural occurrences. In Soul Search, Grant and his sister Beatrice are searching for Beatrice's missing son. The night the boy was kidnapped, Grant was turned into a werewolf, and he has not grown accustomed to the wolf inside of him. When the wolf takes over, Grant blacks out and has no recollection of what happened. Leigh is semi-familiar with the supernatural, she has a ghost friend, Jacob, who helps her channel the ...more
Amber Scott excels at creating flawed characters and then surrounding them with emotional landmines. Grant carries a burden of guilt that he feels powerless to escape; his life was torn asunder three years ago when his young nephew was abducted while he was almost beaten to death, helpless to protect the boy. On that night, Grant was given a dual spirit; bequeathed by an unlikely benefactress to help him search for and rescue his nephew. His efforts thus far have been fruitless.

When Grant’s sist
Sep 24, 2011 Katrina rated it really liked it
Soul search will leave you searching for an answer any clue as to who , what where and why - one of those stories, where nothing is as it seems and far from predictable - a unique storyline, that will have you wandering in which direction Grants wolf side will go and as to whom is the one stealing the souls of the children. This alone will have you gob smacked !!!

A storyline, thats new and refreshing, twists and turns you wont see coming, and characters Im sure you will swoon after ( ** ALPHA
Sep 23, 2011 Lizzielvr rated it really liked it
I’ve been in a reading funk lately, started at least 4 books and couldn’t get into them, didn’t really feel like reading (crazy, huh?). So I decided to start one last book, Soul Search, and it ended my funk…I’ll admit I was a bit confused in the beginning, but I think that is what kept pushing me to read. A good story, likeable characters, and I found it to be quite unique.
Dec 09, 2012 Sarah marked it as to-read
Shelves: kindle, free
Free on amazon
Dolce Amore
Jul 21, 2012 Dolce Amore rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, manic-readers
Reviewed for Booked Up

To See Review at Booked Up

Grant Connel is determined to find his nephew, who disappeared three years ago. During his search, the wolf within grows stronger and stronger and Leigh Hamilton, who can see and feel things, could be too much for a weak man… but not for him.

Helped by Leigh and her ghost, he starts to remember what happened on the night his nephew disappeared and he got the wolf. He realizes that the kidnapping was connected to soul traffic and he has to stop it. H
See the full review at: Read My Mind

My Review:
SOUL SEARCH combines a curious collection of elements that somehow work perfectly for the novel. There's a historical feel to the setting, but the rest of the book is pure fantasy. Leigh Hamilton is a spiritualist that really can see ghosts, and experiences visions that have no earthly explanations. Grant Connel was just a man, until the day his nephew was stolen in front of his eyes, and he gained the ability to shapeshift into a wolf. The two are
Oct 16, 2011 Sapphyria rated it it was amazing
I found this novel to be a nice, new twist on the werewolf.

After Grant is beaten and left for dead, the assailants kidnap his nephew Tristan. Sometime in the hours, minutes, or seconds following the heinous crimes, Grant’s body is invoked with the soul of a wolf. He blacks out when he turns, not remembering anything about the time spent as the wolf. When Grant’s sister, Bea, travels across the sea to London and meets Leigh, a spirit medium she’s certain that they will be able to find Tristan.

Dec 28, 2011 Jackie rated it it was amazing
I read a sneak peek of Soul Search a while back and it left me wondering what would happen with Grant and what had really happened to his nephew Tristan. I didn't think I would be that interesting since it's set in the 1930's. I got an ARC of Soul Search a few weeks ago. I couldn't put it down. The only thing that got between this book and me was work. I could only read a few pages a night. This is the best book I've read this year. Grant was saved three years ago by a woman so he could search f ...more
Christi Snow
Nov 18, 2011 Christi Snow rated it it was amazing
My Review:
This book was completely original both in the story and the timeline. The book takes place during the 1930's, but it doesn't read like a historical all! Having the book set during that time period actually creates some really fabulous settings with a boat and train (private cars) for travel modes.

The book starts off with an incredible bang when the hero, Grant, wakes up disoriented and naked in an alleyway in Paris, France looking eye to eye with a miniature white poodle.

Aug 04, 2012 Joseph rated it really liked it
working through the beginning of this one. Better written than a lot of the new ebooks I'm finding recently. Characters are believable and compelling, except perhaps for the overused tool (among many new books) of love/hate at first sight between the hero and heroine. I'm not sure why new authors are leaning so heavily on this tool. Conflict and drama, romance and discord, are all well and good. But dragging out the "She means nothing to me, she's just a burden. I'm not really looking at her sex ...more
Oct 18, 2011 Carien rated it really liked it
A suspenseful and romantic story.

Scott creates a dark and dangerous world where men turn into wolves and spirits walk among us. Grant is a grim hero, but the heroine, Leigh, is more than his match and the developing relationship between them is a joy to read. The tension between them is intense and at times really hot. The action storyline is suspenseful and full of emotion as well. There are quite some twist and turns and I was on the edge of my seat, rooting for Grant and Leigh to not only fin
Oct 17, 2011 Julie rated it really liked it
As with all Amber Scott books, Soul Search offers more than meets the eye. The story starts with a bang leaving the reader trying to figure out what's going on. With great clues and no 'telling', you soon begin to piece together the secret Grant, the hero of this story, is living with day in and day out. We get to know his sister, who is consumed with a personal tragedy, and the stranger she enlists to help that unknowingly has the ability to see into Grant's secret while having a few of her own ...more
Jun 27, 2012 Cat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Favorite book I've read by Amber Scott yet! Okay I've really only read two books so far, but this was way better than the first one!

Anyhow - I really enjoyed the plot of this book. Characters were interesting and each had a nice backstory. The author is totally fine with leaving you in the dark about things, but I kind of liked that. The chemistry between characters was nice, and there was only one actual sex scene. It was steamy and hot, especially after all the build up, and I found it to be p
Apr 14, 2012 jD rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
I am unnecessarily confused. This book was a romance, a mystery, and paranormal. I got the romance. The paranormal aspect wasn't bad. It's the mystery that tangled me up. I don't know if the author realized she left some major questions unanswered or if I somehow missed the book that preceeded this one. Too much was taken for granted. I felt like I was reading the sequel to something. The writing was also choppy so that made it even more trouble than it was worth. Two stars is being kind because ...more
The idea of the story was interesting enough, but the writing was "muddled" most of the times. More often than not I wondered if this was the second book of a series. The end also lets you wonder if there is a book following as it leaves you with more questions than answers. What was that about the heroine's father? Why did the villain become the villain?
Also the book needs some editing; there were words missing, at one point a name was mixed-up, creating more passages within the given text woul
Jackie Chanel
Dec 10, 2011 Jackie Chanel rated it it was amazing
This book was so good that I think I broke my Kindle flipping through the pages so fast. I instantly fell in love with Grant. What can I say; I'm a sucker for wolves, especially hot sexy wolves on a mission.

I was intrigued by the plot of this book. Paranormal romance is a genre that can get really repetitive but Amber Scott was able to write an exciting story that hasn't been done before. I highly recommend this book to anyone who likes to read.
Becca {{Lady Kilt Chaser}}
May 09, 2013 Becca {{Lady Kilt Chaser}} rated it really liked it
"Loving him would hurt. He would be intense and possessive, and the kind of man that if she let herself love him, she might be ruined for any other love in her entire life."

This book had a different take on the werewolf. And I loved every minute of it. It had the the beginning and middle at least...but towards the end it was a bit easy to predict but none the less it was a great story.
Jan 22, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it
I had to convince myself to read this book because, the 1930's just isn't of interest to me. However, I'm glad I did.. The book is great. A new take on the paranormal... Completely didn't see the ending that came... Would love to see another Soul Thieves... Maybe the. Future for Grant and Leigh, if he does ave a child, Biyu, etc.
Terry Cohoe
Jan 06, 2014 Terry Cohoe rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. Grant and Leigh need to find out who is stealing souls in order to save Grant's nephew, Tristan.

Nice plot twists. Great characters that are believable and interesting. Definitely recommend.
Jul 19, 2012 Cara rated it it was amazing
not really good at giving reviews but this was a very good,intense,engaging book! I loved it and the way she left the ending I am hoping that Grant and Leigh's story continues in future books! I put it as a must read for the paranormal lovers out there!
Lindsey Hebel
Feb 23, 2012 Lindsey Hebel rated it it was amazing
Very fast paced and kept me interested right up until the end! The book has a lot of twists that when put together equal a great story that isn't too lengthy and provides enough character development to keep the reader invested in the story!
Jacquelyn Smith
Mar 06, 2013 Jacquelyn Smith rated it really liked it
A mother's worst night mare, her son kidnapped, her brother is a werewolf and she needs Leigh to help her find her son.

The emotions and suspense of this story will keep you on the edge of your seat.

good read...
Not being anything typical in its paranormal setting, I liked the story and mostly the writing. Mystery covers the length of the book giving a mystical atmosphere.
Your Need To Read
Jul 04, 2012 Your Need To Read rated it really liked it
Shelves: jesi, miranda
Full review here

A joint review from Jesi and Miranda
Jul 19, 2015 Coral rated it really liked it
Listen/read my review here -
Oct 06, 2013 Theresa rated it did not like it
This wasn't for me I found it boring and ended up skimming a lot of pages as I was unable to engage with the storyline.
Apr 29, 2012 Amy rated it liked it
More paranormal fluff. That's ok, though. I enjoyed the easy read and it was entertaining.
Mar 14, 2012 AH marked it as to-read
Free download as Yearnings: A Paranormal boxed set 3/14/12.
Kindlegraph! 1 2 Oct 29, 2011 08:57AM
  • Fated
  • Destiny Redeemed  (The Destined Ones #2)
  • A Night at Tears of Crimson (Tears of Crimson, #1)
  • Raven's Kiss (Raven Grace, #1)
  • Lust After Death (Love-Bots, #1)
  • Chosen by Sin (Para-Ops, #3)
  • Blood Moon (The Blood Chronicles, #2)
  • Sword of the Raven
  • Without Mercy (Mystic Wolves #1A)
  • Night Journey
  • Blood Lust (Blood Series, #3)
  • Callum (The Cursed Clan, #1)
  • Mojo Queen (Roxie Mathis, #1)
  • The Eyes of Constance (Beasts of Forever, #1)
  • The Tears of Elios (Elgean Chronicles, #1)
  • The Shifters of 2040 (Shifter Evolutions, #3)
  • Apocalyptic Moon (After the Bane, #1)
  • The Templar's Seduction (The Templar Knights, #3)
In between naptimes and dishes, Amber Scott escapes into her characters' fates, loves, and complications. A native Nevadan she now makes her home in Phoenix, AZ with her husband and two children. She enjoys contributing monthly interviews with industry insiders at and loves to blog at her weblog and at She's addicted to chocolate, often burns dinner and still bel ...more
More about Amber Scott...