Start by marking “You Are My Work of Art” as Want to Read:
You Are My Work of Art

You Are My Work of Art

Everyone is as unique and beautiful as a classic work of art, whether you are Great Wave Off Kanagawa “with the power of the sea,” or Starry Night, “a galaxy of love.” Lift the flaps to reveal classic works of art beneath! Accompanying each masterpiece is a creative, colorful, and kid-oriented illustration, depicting children in a scene analogous to the one in the famous w ...more
Published August 9th 2011 by Running Press Kids

To ask other readers questions about You Are My Work of Art, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are My Work of Art

babyhippoface
Feb 08, 2012 babyhippoface rated it it was amazing
This is the best introduction to famous works of art for toddlers and Pre-K that I've ever seen. I'd love to see some one take the idea behind this board book and expand it to a full 32-page picture book. It's just a terrific way to get art in front of their eyes and in their "visual vocabulary" at a very young age.
Marissa
"You Are My Work of Art" by Sue DiCicco is a children's book about the bond between a child and their parents. Each page is told through the parent talking to their child about how much they love and cherish them. This book is great to read to children because it shows them the relationship between parents and their children.
The illustrations are a large part of this book. First off, the book is shaped to look like a picture frame, and it symbolizes what the book is composed of. Throughout the b
VeNicia
Mar 04, 2013 VeNicia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
I absolutely adore this children's book! The sentiment is sweet and fun (not the ultra cheese I find in other books of the kind). It's a truly wonderful way of introducing art to young children. It's a sturdy board book, so good for the babes, but a great presentation to surely be adored by all ages. I will use it to teach art as well as to read to my baby. And likely to give at showers. Everyone should own it!
Terri
Feb 09, 2012 Terri rated it it was amazing
The text here leaves something to be desired. It's a bit trite and schmaltzy, but then again, it's a board book. Given the intended audience, the concept and the beautiful art I can definitely forgive a sugar overdose in the text. What a clever intro to great works of art like Mona Lisa, American Gothic, Starry Night, and more. I can only hope that DiCicco will expand this into a full-blown picture book.
Ashley Blanchette
Jan 08, 2012 Ashley Blanchette rated it it was amazing
Love this book for my two year old! Fun and we are getting her acquainted with some famous paintings.
Dakeyras
Mar 31, 2016 Dakeyras rated it really liked it
Shelves: maisey
A nice little book that manages to work in a story about a parents love for their child amongst works of art.
Elaine Fry
Elaine Fry rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2015
Stephanie Ung
Stephanie Ung rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2012
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2012
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2014
Gelene Keever
Gelene Keever rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Amber Beard
Amber Beard rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2013
Mrs. Mattei
Mrs. Mattei rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2012
Cailin
Cailin rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2015
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2013
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2012
Kellee
Kellee rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2014
Maija
Maija rated it it was amazing
Nov 08, 2014
Megan
Apr 10, 2012 Megan rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Super Great book with works of famous art and love for babies!
Allee
Allee rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2013
Jason Beyer
Jason Beyer rated it really liked it
May 07, 2013
Martin
Martin rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2013
Cherie
Cherie rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2012
Brigette
Brigette rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2014
Justin
Justin rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Sherron Murphy
Sherron Murphy rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2012
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2015
Huda
Sep 09, 2011 Huda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: en-pic-books
Getting kiddos know about a number of famous paintings
;) you are my monalisa!
Liked it !!
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2015