Start by marking “Deep Trouble II (Goosebumps, #58)” as Want to Read:
Deep Trouble II (Goosebumps, #58)

Deep Trouble II (Goosebumps #58)

3.55  ·  Rating Details ·  1,587 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
THE FISH ARE BITING...EVERYONE!

Billy Deep and his sister Sheena are spending another summer in the Caribbean on their uncle's totally cool floating lab. The weather is beautiful. And there are lots of neat places to go swimming and snorkelling.

Billy and Sheena are great swimmers. But even great swimmers get into trouble-especially this year. This year there's something rea
Published 1997 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Deep Trouble II, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deep Trouble II

Don't Go To Sleep! by R.L. StineMoonlight Secrets by R.L. StineHow I Learned To Fly by R.L. StineMidnight Games by R.L. StineBeach House by R.L. Stine
Best of R.L. Stine
59th out of 117 books — 51 voters
Legend of the Lost Legend by R.L. StineDeep Trouble II by R.L. StineThe Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre DumasThe Penultimate Peril by Lemony SnicketThe Grim Grotto by Lemony Snicket
A Book Shelf
2nd out of 67 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Salymar
Nov 11, 2012 Salymar rated it liked it
Shelves: 1999-2007-read
It's very nice to reminisce some of my favorite books back in Elementary. This is a sequel to the story of the trouble-maker kids, Billy Deep and his sister, Sheena. In this story, they are in for more underwater adventures in the Caribbean when they are back with their uncle for another summer vacation.

They meet deeper trouble again starting with the evil scientist -Dr. Ritter (who planned to turn the Deep siblings into a fish), two giant-sized goldfish, and a man-eating jellyfish.

The story was
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Μία από τις πιο κακές στιγμές των "Ανατριχίλων" στον κόσμο των sequels. Το βιβλίο αγνοεί εντελώς την ιστορία με την οποία μας σύστησε τους ήρωες και τις περιπέτειές τους, είναι ελάχιστα διασκεδαστικό, καθόλου τρομακτικό, ενώ περιέχει ένα σωρό πληροφορίες και στοιχεία που στην πραγματικότητα δεν βγάζουν κανένα απολύτως νόημα. Και είναι η στιγμή εκείνη που χαίρεσαι που μια σειρά, έστω και παιδική, φτάνει στο τέλος της...
Maggie Gordon
SEQUEL TIME! Sequel time is never a good time in Goosebumps land...

Billy, Sheena, and their scientist uncle (SO MANY SCIENTISTS IN THIS SERIES) are back on the water, and who the hell cares that they discovered mermaids last book. We're going to talk about PLANKTON. For serious. Well, at least until the kids start seeing GIANT fish swimming around. In fact, when Billy's goldfish explode in size, they almost sink the ship! This causes some really bad dudes to come by who have been experimenting o
Connie
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Unknown

Title: Deep Trouble II
Series: Goosebumps #58
Author: RL Stine
Overall Rating: 2 stars

Another okay sequel, another kind of disappointed Connie because this book could've been made borderline genius but instead it was tettering on the edge of being mediocre and being kind of rubbish. I liked the uncertainty of the ending and I liked the plot idea as a whole. But as usual, the problem was the execution.
Nasheem
Jun 06, 2010 Nasheem rated it really liked it
This book was ok. It's about 2 sibling named Billy and Sheena Deep. Their uncle has this cool floating lab in the Caribbean. Thats where they were staying at for that summer. As they go swimming they encounter sea monsters that are really big. They keep on growing and growing and their fun just got cancelled.
Dane Cobain
Oct 10, 2016 Dane Cobain rated it really liked it
This book is the sequel to R. L. Stine’s Deep Trouble, a book in his Goosebumps series. In it, we follow the story of Billy Deep and his sister Sheena as they go to spend the summer with their uncle, a noted marine biologist who lives on a research boat.

But something strange is going on – the fish in the area are too large, and Dr. Deep is trying to find out why. But there’s a surprise in store – he ends up finding an adversary in the form of another scientist, and all sorts of shenanigans start
Colby Denton
Oct 07, 2016 Colby Denton rated it it was ok
Not a superb one. One may only want to read this because they want to finish the series of "Deep Trouble".
Jay
May 25, 2016 Jay rated it liked it
As the title suggests, "Deep Trouble II" is the sequel to "Deep Trouble." I really enjoy both of these books because the villains are humans instead of some monsters. However, I think I like the second one a bit better. Rather than mermaids, which aren't really scary, we get giants fish due to genetically enhanced sea weed.

1. One Day at Horrorland
Online Book Review
Deep Trouble II: My Book Review
Book Title and Author: Deep trouble II, R.L Stine
Number of Stars (1 to 5): 5

Introduction: This book is entertaining and a little boring, the main idea of the book is that these fish are getting really big and it’s not normal for some fish. Billy Deep and his sister are on a boat with their uncle and they’re in the Caribbean. My argument about the book is that the detail about the fish is not fully imaginable and I think in this
Andrew Spencer
Mar 15, 2016 Andrew Spencer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deep Trouble, by RL Stine, is a fictional Horror book which was one of many of a collection of books called Goosebumps novels. I decided to read this because it as a sort of nostalgia trip because I started reading Goosebumps novel when I was 7 where I read Deep Trouble, the prequel to this book. I also decided to read this because recently, the Goosebumps film came out.

The book features Dr Deep, Billy D & Sheena D who are there to visit their uncle, Dr D (Deep) while on Summer vacation.

D
Chralexandtopher Fleaffaeler
Sep 28, 2015 Chralexandtopher Fleaffaeler rated it it was amazing
The book "Goosebumps: Deep Trouble II" by R. L. Stine is a great book when it comes to the thriller side of things. RL Stine has a mystical way of writing which keeps you in suspense until the next chapter. This is a big reason why I started reading his books in the first place. I also personally like this book because it is not only a horror/ thriller type-of-book but also incorporates an aquatic marine-life setting into the book.

Deep Trouble II starts off in the Caribbean sea with and marine
Josiah
Apr 29, 2009 Josiah rated it it was ok
There were some parts in the first chapter that puzzled me a bit, especially when one holds it up against what happens in the third Goosebumps book that follows after this adventure ("Creep from the Deep", Goosebumps Horrorland #2). Since Billy is thirteen in "Deep Trouble II" and only twelve in "Creep from the Deep", does this mean that the latter volume took place earlier, most likely in the same summer as the original "Deep Trouble"? If so, then is "Deep Trouble II" (which is set during the ...more
Colton
Aug 06, 2014 Colton rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This one is hard to rate. On the one hand, I have really strong memories of enjoying this one as a kid, mostly for the wild adventure that was not scary in the least. However, rereading it, the adventure aspect is let down by crappy writing and goofy moments not to mention the absurdity of the entire plot. Though I'll be fair and say that in the context of the series, the plot is not even that unreasonable. Overall: quick, tame adventure story with very few surprises and some sequences that will ...more
Delaney Dopp
Mar 30, 2015 Delaney Dopp rated it really liked it
This book was about three people were in the middle of the ocean because of a scientist named Dr.D who was doing research in the ocean but along the way they encounter giant sea creatures. But the sea creatures were mutated due to a plankton that was genetically enhanced by a guy named Dr.Ritter. The main characters in the book were Billy, Sheena, And Dr.D. I thought that this book was great because of the action. I would recommend this book to people who like action.
Veronica Ika
Mar 12, 2016 Veronica Ika rated it liked it
Shelves: novel
Another adventure of Billy and Sheena Deep on their uncle floating lab.

It is such a nice day. The weather is nice. Everything is normal. It’s a perfect opportunity for great swimmers to swim and snorkel in many great spots around. However, apparently everything is not normal deep below the surface of the water. And any good swimmers in the world will face a deep trouble to enjoy the sea today.
Greg Kerestan
Jan 27, 2016 Greg Kerestan rated it did not like it
As a kid, when I read the first "Deep Trouble," I was in NO WAY hoping for a sequel. Guess what R. L. Stine gave us in response to our never-asked non-requests? Yup. Granted, it's slightly better than the first, but only in the way a kick in the leg is better than a kick in the groin. More of the same clichés- small things turned big equals scary, person turned into animal equals scary. You know what really equals scary, Bob? Pushing yourself through these as an adult. Thrills and chills.
AshleyiSee
Aug 18, 2013 AshleyiSee rated it really liked it
I adore spooky tales from the deep and Deep Trouble II didn't disappoint!

Perfect for kids that have a low attention span, this book goes all over the place and is great for keeping their reading attention engaged.

I wish there had been more descriptions about the creatures that caused all the trouble, but when reading juvenile fiction you can't have everything.

R. L. Stine has done it again for providing a great resource for helping kids read and build a love for books!
Daniel Kirijenko
May 24, 2012 Daniel Kirijenko rated it it was ok
This was one of my first Goosebumps books i have ever read by R.L. Stine. I was expecting way better quality of the book and a better read than i had. The book itself was interesting until i was reaching the end, i could tell the whole story just by inferring what is going to happen. Since I'm a higher level book reader, this was a boring book that should have stayed in the library. When i found out how much the author was trying to fantasize stuff, it was a great putdown for my read.
Glenn
Jan 03, 2016 Glenn rated it it was ok
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

An unnecessary sequel to Deep Trouble, this one just seems rushed and frankly comical. Involving giant sea creatures and a mad scientist this one isn't particularly scary but it will make a cute, mindless read for youngsters.

Read from January 3, 2016 - January 3, 2016
Dustin Spencer
Sep 13, 2015 Dustin Spencer rated it really liked it
I don't know what it is about Deep Trouble and Deep Trouble II but they are just so good.
I think a lot of it has to do with the villains in the story, the monsters, aren't your typical monster, its people, its the environment and I love it.
This book has a lot of action and I read it in 45 minutes.
Carmine
Jan 11, 2016 Carmine rated it liked it
Chissà come mai, da piccoli, eravamo così attratti da questo tipo di spaventi..
Ripensandoci adesso mi viene da sorridere: granchi giganti, pesci palla enormi, pozioni che permettono di mutare, etc...
La fiera della tamarria al servizio del solito goosebumps che su legge velocemente, e lo rimuovi velocemente.
Non riesco ad essere severo verso certi libri :)
Patrick
Nov 02, 2009 Patrick rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Drucilla
Aug 03, 2012 Drucilla rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps
Actual rating: 2.5 stars. I really wanted to give this book 3 stars but the errors in the science drove me up the wall and the ending was just so bad. It's an interesting story but it's just handled badly.
Carly
Feb 25, 2015 Carly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: children
i loved this story as a kid and collected all the goosebumps collection. I also had the audio book on cassette lol.Great story for kids from a great author. He basically is the kids version of stephen king
Mia
Mar 18, 2010 Mia rated it it was amazing
good good good book i love books about this kind of stuff. animals always make the book more funner.
Blackrose13
Oct 02, 2009 Blackrose13 rated it it was amazing
Miriam
Oct 06, 2013 Miriam rated it it was amazing
This so far my favorite book! so much goes on and the ending is priceless and you'd pray for a deep trouble 3!
Molly
The entire series is corny, silly, far from scary, and bordering on stupid. But it's ADDICTIVE. It's a genuinely amusing series. Good for kicking back and relaxing.
Brittany Perry
Didn't care for this one as much as the others. All in all I thought it was a bit too much like the first one. Still it was a funny read and I can see why children would like it.
Alysha DeShaé
Mar 09, 2016 Alysha DeShaé rated it it was amazing
Magic plankton, this time?

• The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • The Reunion (Animorphs, #30)
  • Night of the Living Dummy II (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #5)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)
  • Go Eat Worms! (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #9)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)