Start by marking “The Curse of the Creeping Coffin (Give Yourself Goosebumps #8)” as Want to Read:
The Curse of the Creeping Coffin (Give Yourself Goosebumps #8)

The Curse of the Creeping Coffin (Give Yourself Goosebumps #8)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  192 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Goosebumps fans will return to this adventure time and again to choose among the 20 spooky outcomes. When the tombstones behind Grandmother's house move closer and closer, the reader can stay and battle the ghosts or run away--with ghostly company!
Published August 1st 1996 by Scholastic (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Curse of the Creeping Coffin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Curse of the Creeping Coffin

Colton
One of the better GYG books of the series. The plot, although a little shaky, works for the most part and is actually a little intriguing, if unbelievable. The story is about you investigating strange happenings around the cemetery behind your grandmother's house, which turn out to be ghosts rising from their graves to torment you. Recommended.
Thusanth
At the beginning you start to notice the coffins in front of your gramme's house. There were ghost in your house, but your grandma can't see the ghost. You try to make the ghost leave and you tried to run away, but the ghost didn't let you.

P.S The only reason I said you instead of a character's name was that this goose bump book was a book where you choose the end of the story.

I choose this book because I hardly read goose bump books, so I want to try a book I hardly read.

I finished this book
Reem Karson
Exciting! at least my ending was. It was a great pastime. However, I still think it wouldn't have been as interesting if not for the interactivity (I died two times is that much?) I want to go back and see how many possible scenarios I can get.
Josiah
The idea behind this gamebook adventure is both surprisingly creative and very well written: You are visiting your grandmother's house (which happens to have an old graveyard in the backyard), when one day you notice that the graves seem to be rearranging themselves when you're not looking, forming patterns of themselves. Might they be trying to send you a message? Is your grandmother's house haunted?
R.L. Stine has shown again his ability to write good scary stories, and to include characters
Christina
I have read better by R. L. Stine.
Megan
One of my favorites from my childhood.
Rebecca
this time you are in the story. the house of your grandmother has a graveyard for a backyard. At 1st, the tombstones, they seem far away, but every day they move closer, and closer. Here you have two choices. 1st, If you stay, you must battle a worrier ghost. 2nd, If you run, one of the kid ghosts will follow you home. what will you choose...will you choose be haunted... for the rest of your life?
I bought this book when I was in primary school at the Book Fair! Seems like forever ago!
I love it how it puts you into the story and you choose what happens and what actions you take.
Book Addict Shaun
I used to love the Give Yourself Goosebumps books. You could reread them again and again taking a different turn each time to get to the different stories/endings.
Abhirami
it is a scary book but i am more interested in this book because there are many instructions like go to page77
Kiley Fredericks
Kiley Fredericks marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Amber Payseno
Amber Payseno marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Madeleine Mcroberts
Madeleine Mcroberts marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Shivani
Shivani marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Danija
Danija marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Aaqilah
Aaqilah marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Fox
Fox added it
Oct 18, 2014
Maya Abawi
Maya Abawi marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Spine Tinglers: Tales to Make You Shiver
  • House of Hell (Fighting Fantasy, #10)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)
  • The Third Planet from Altair (Choose Your Own Adventure, #7)
  • Cat's Quizzer (Dr.Seuss Classic Collection)
  • Kristy's Worst Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #100)
  • Tales of Terror (The Enchanted World Series)
  • The First Journey (Alternamorphs, #1)
  • Blood of the Zombies
  • The Empty Mirror
  • Skin Deep (Body of Evidence, #6)
  • The Fever
  • Dungeon of Dread (Endless Quest, #1)
  • The Trolley Car Family
  • Haunted Kids: True Ghost Stories
  • Tituba of Salem Village

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)