The Curse of the Creeping Coffin (Give Yourself Goosebumps #8)

The Curse of the Creeping Coffin (Give Yourself Goosebumps #8)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  179 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Goosebumps fans will return to this adventure time and again to choose among the 20 spooky outcomes. When the tombstones behind Grandmother's house move closer and closer, the reader can stay and battle the ghosts or run away--with ghostly company!
Published August 1st 1996 by Scholastic (first published 1996)

Colton
One of the better GYG books of the series. The plot, although a little shaky, works for the most part and is actually a little intriguing, if unbelievable. The story is about you investigating strange happenings around the cemetery behind your grandmother's house, which turn out to be ghosts rising from their graves to torment you. Recommended.
Thusanth
At the beginning you start to notice the coffins in front of your gramme's house. There were ghost in your house, but your grandma can't see the ghost. You try to make the ghost leave and you tried to run away, but the ghost didn't let you.

P.S The only reason I said you instead of a character's name was that this goose bump book was a book where you choose the end of the story.

I choose this book because I hardly read goose bump books, so I want to try a book I hardly read.

I finished this book...more
Josiah
The idea behind this gamebook adventure is both surprisingly creative and very well written: You are visiting your grandmother's house (which happens to have an old graveyard in the backyard), when one day you notice that the graves seem to be rearranging themselves when you're not looking, forming patterns of themselves. Might they be trying to send you a message? Is your grandmother's house haunted?
R.L. Stine has shown again his ability to write good scary stories, and to include characters...more
Megan
One of my favorites from my childhood.
Rebecca
this time you are in the story. the house of your grandmother has a graveyard for a backyard. At 1st, the tombstones, they seem far away, but every day they move closer, and closer. Here you have two choices. 1st, If you stay, you must battle a worrier ghost. 2nd, If you run, one of the kid ghosts will follow you home. what will you choose...will you choose be haunted... for the rest of your life?
I bought this book when I was in primary school at the Book Fair! Seems like forever ago!
I love it how it puts you into the story and you choose what happens and what actions you take.
Book Addict Shaun
I used to love the Give Yourself Goosebumps books. You could reread them again and again taking a different turn each time to get to the different stories/endings.
Abhirami
it is a scary book but i am more interested in this book because there are many instructions like go to page77
Tony Hartman
Tony Hartman marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Sarah added it
Jul 16, 2014
Christyvernum
Christyvernum marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Favian Shaun
Favian Shaun is currently reading it
Jul 05, 2014
Isaak
Isaak marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Shiloh scianna
Shiloh scianna marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Nilesh Chhabra
Nilesh Chhabra marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Jolisa
Jolisa marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Leanne Phillips
Leanne Phillips marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Nightmares: Tales to Make You Scream
  • House of Hell (Fighting Fantasy, #10)
  • The Forbidden Castle (Choose Your Own Adventure, #14)
  • Dawn's Big Date (The Baby-Sitters Club, #50)
  • The First Journey (Alternamorphs, #1)
  • Cat's Quizzer (Dr.Seuss Classic Collection)
  • The Cold People (Spooksville, #5)

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)