Start by marking “Il profumo del tè e dell'amore” as Want to Read:
Il profumo del tè e dell'amore

Il profumo del tè e dell'amore

2.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  224 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Jonathan Sleet è un cuoco di successo e per celebrare il suo quarantesimo compleanno ha deciso di riunire tutti i suoi amici e di portarli al mare per una settimana. Una villa da sogno, un buon bicchiere di vino e dell’ottimo cibo: è l’occasione perfetta per rilassarsi e divertirsi come una volta. Ma dall’ultima vacanza trascorsa insieme, vent’anni prima, molte cose sono c ...more
Paperback, Anagramma #111, 350 pages
Published July 14th 2011 by Newton Compton (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Il profumo del tè e dell'amore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Il profumo del tè e dell'amore

Hermioneginny
May 22, 2013 Hermioneginny rated it liked it
Un gruppo di amici alle soglie dei quarant'anni rappresentano le varie tappe delle coppie in crisi. Ci sono Jonathan e Hanna, che si tradiscono con persone più giovani ma fanno finta di niente per un sodalizio lavorativo. Sam e Laura hanno due figli piccoli, Laura vorrebbe il terzo e Sam è più propenso alla vasectomia, depresso per la fine del suo lavoro. Janey, che ha lottato per diventare avvocato e per avere una vita ordinata, si ritrova incinta dopo pochi mesi di conoscenza. E quando si ritr ...more
Jane
Apr 29, 2011 Jane rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a welcome light read after a few slightly heavier, more intellectually stimulating books. For me, there were shades of The Big Chill (an 80's Lawrence Kasdan film) where a group of college graduates meet up ensemble for the first time in years. This was not quite as complicated and didn't centre around the death of a group member.
Witty, funny and a good take on life. If you've read Neil''s other book 'The Secret Life of a Slummy Mummy', you will like this.
I can identify with Laura and S
Pamela Darling
I eventually read this book to the end which confirmed my original thoughts that it would end weakly. It's an easy read, but not the sort of book that I would recommend if readers like to be engrossed with the characters. Not interesting enough for me and no twists and turns to keep me riveted to the page. However, if Slummy Mummy appealed I guess this is of similar stuff.
Roberta
Feb 24, 2012 Roberta rated it really liked it
Dopo vent'anni un gruppo di amici vicino ai quarant'anni si ritrova a passare le vacanze insieme e ben presto ognuno di loro si accorgerà che le cose con il tempo sono cambiate...
Devono fare i conti con i piccoli problemi della propria vita di coppia, ritrovandosi a ricordare il passato e piccoli segreti emergeranno, ma uno in particolare li travolgerà ridisegnando le loro vite e cambiando il finale di quella che doveva essere una rimpatriata...
La trama a volte ricorda le soap-opera americane,
Louise Jones
i am going through a spell of reading so called chick lit must admit preferred slummy mummy but can see why i only read this kind of thing when need to relax totally as not much in it i suppose this goes on alot with grps of friends who get together and all some how combine in their complicated relationships i must admit read this relatively quickly but at times although not much to think abt in the book got totally confused with who was supposed to be with who oh well covered a few hrs when in ...more
Lisa
May 13, 2011 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very enjoyable read. It is classified as chicklit but I think it goes quite deep, if in an amusing way. It had me turning the pages anyway. Fiona Neill has spun a wonderful and in some ways familiar story of the lives of a group of thirty somethings who met at University (except Steve who frankly thinks his wives Uni friends are starnge), whose lives are interwined in more ways than they know (or do they?). As the title says, it involves friends, lovers and indiscretions - make of that what yo ...more
Samantha
May 02, 2014 Samantha rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is awful. There didn't seem to be a plot or proper narrative. The characters were unlikable and had questionable motives. I really didn't care about these self absorbed people and their high flying careers.
Ann Chappe
An easy undemanding read which is just what I was looking for. Not Booker Prize material, but a lot better than the Cathy Kelley / Maeve Bincheyvariety of chick lit which I tend to avoid.
Kati
Aug 30, 2015 Kati rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Had high hopes for this after enjoying the Slummy a Mummy books. I found this one hard work, I didn't care for the characters and found the plot slow going.
Patsy To
After christmas I just wanted an easy
Read to get into. This is exactly that. It's quite a good storyline and your don't have to think too hard about it.
JenniferB
Jun 26, 2016 JenniferB rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Readible but not great. About a group of friends with shared history.
Erika
Jan 07, 2016 Erika rated it liked it
Sono rimasta molto delusa da questo libro, ho fatto fatica a leggerlo
Adri
Dec 21, 2014 Adri rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Although it held my attention this is not really my kind of book.
Ramesh
Dec 23, 2012 Ramesh rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was reading this book into my 32th birthday.Oh boy!It was depressing.
From a man,husband,father,woman,wife,mother foray into their life as they hit after their 30's.
Life seems to be not so beautiful and so insecure.But the book also exposes the many secrets we keep in life from others in order to keep our current life safe and in order.What goes around come saround they say?
It is an honest book but i wished i did not come across it at all.
Frances Bell
I found it hard to keep characters straight in some parts. The character of Jonathon Sleet was surely partly modelled on Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen? OK, but not good enough to make me seek out her other books
Sandra Van den Bosch
Vlot lezende chicklit over midlifecrisis-toestanden. Flauwe plot, geen aanrader. Dan vond ik "secret life of a slummy mummy" van dezelfde auteur "betere" chicklit...
Carol
Dec 15, 2009 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable easy read. Some interesting insights about the assumptions we make about our friends and the consequences of those assumptions.
Elise
Jun 20, 2012 Elise rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An author I want to remember when I need an easy, entertaining read. I am going to try the Slummy Mummy" series soon, given the reviews.
Aug 25, 2011 Laura rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was an ok read but not one that I'd recommend...the story gets far too confusing and only gets really interesting at the end.
Princess Hannah
It took me a while to become really interested in it - second half of the book is much more attention keeping!
Bieke
Mar 27, 2015 Bieke rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
this book should have been 200 pages shorter.... it took forever to read... I almost gave up on it a couple of times
Rotapannotta
Aug 12, 2012 Rotapannotta rated it did not like it
extremely boring and complicated, it looks like an awful american soap opera! I quit!
Louise
Dec 10, 2010 Louise rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern, fiction
it was bit of a chore to read it only interesting at the very end
Niki Byrne
Just didn't keep me inspired and I gave up half way through.
Eve Recinella
Not as good as "Slummy Mummy" but still a decent read!
Anna
Jul 25, 2010 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
Enjoyed this, finished it in the garden this afternoon :)
Ann Marie
Another one that really deserves a 3.5 rating in my book!
Manuela Childs
I found this book easy reading nice and lite
Nalini Dentten
Much preferred slummy mummy to this read.
  • The Girls' Guide to Homemaking
  • Maruzza Musumeci
  • Divorce Islamic Style
  • Another Mother's Life
  • No Strings Attached
  • Making Hay (Honeycote, #2)
  • Flatmates
  • Dirty Tricks
  • How To Be Married
  • Autumn, All the Cats Return
  • It's a Kind of Magic
Fiona Neill is a novelist and journalist. She was born in 1966. Her first novel The Secret Life of a Slummy Mummy, based on her column in The Times Magazine every Saturday, was published in 2007. It was widely acclaimed and went on to become a Sunday Times bestseller that sold in twenty-five countries.

Brought up in Norfolk, she now lives in London with her husband and three children.

Fiona is pres
More about Fiona Neill...