Start by marking “Knits to Give: 30 Knitted Gifts Made with Love” as Want to Read:
Knits to Give: 30 Knitted Gifts Made with Love

Knits to Give: 30 Knitted Gifts Made with Love

3.26 of 5 stars 3.26  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  16 reviews
"Originally published in the United Kingdo[m] in 2011 by Quadrille Publishing Ltd, London"--Colophon.
Published September 1st 2011 by Trafalgar Square Books

To ask other readers questions about Knits to Give, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knits to Give

Abbey
Another decent book from Debbie Bliss. I know there are many who simply *adore* her work, but much of the time I find her to be just a smidge "too cute!" for my tastes.

Lots of "cosy home" sorts of things in the book, and text is well-written and presented. superb production values and lovely pictures, and a nice amount of basic information made this fairly enjoyable to peruse, but I won't be buying a copy any time ssoon. Nothing new or particularly interesting, but a good mix of designs, includ...more
Tonileg
Wide variety of gift making ideas, but not the best knitting patterns because I much prefer the One-Skein Wonders series of books like Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Small Indulgences where most of my past Holiday gifts have come from.
The photos are nice.
I liked the Garter stitch Jacket for newborn to 9 months size (page 89) as well as the super cute cotton Sun Hat (page 92) and the Cabled vest for 3 months to 24 months (page 124).
The cabled open finger mittens for adults was cute, but so c...more
Allison
Quite good! Some very cute and very pretty items with surprisingly simple instructions. Most patterns are knit flat, which I prefer. One thing that looks troublesome (I'm in the middle of a pattern right now) is that the finishing instructions look a bit scanty. We'll see, and perhaps I'll revise this review . . . that would be a pretty grave sin in a knit-flat book.
Audrey
I tend to like Debbie Bliss patterns, although her style does get a bit cutesy for my taste at times. However, I love how her yarns knit up, and the patterns in this book looked easy to follow. I marked a couple for possible gift-giving.
Mckinley
@ stars for my reference that I wont be making any projects from this book. And not because there aren't nice ideas just not to my taste and gift needs.
Lynne - The Book Squirrel
So little time to do some of these great projects!
Joan
A selection of knitting projects that would make usually welcomed gifts that can be completed fairly quickly. The book has a convenient introduction to Debbie Bliss yarns and abbreviations as well as a charming anecdote about a beginning knitter who fashioned a gift from samplers of patterns. The categories include items for women, men, babies, young children and the home. Interesting patterns include: rice stitch scarf, which is suitable for men, cable arm warmer, and garter stitch baby jacket....more
Carole
Not awful, but I only found one thing that I really thought I might take the time to knit before returning this to the library. I will not be purchasing my own copy.
Cat Fithian
Nice collection of classic-looking designs. Love the knit tie for men, romper for baby/toddler and baby shawl.
Jen Visser
Some very nice projects but beyond my current knitting skill level. Keep this in mind for later.
Jana
Nothing new here. No project that motivated or inspired me to pick up the needles.
Barbara
I love Debbie Bliss, but I couldn't find anything exciting in this book.
Evgenia
Nice pictures, but the patterns were not that interesting...
A cute book with some cute patterns.
Dana Wright
Great book of knitted gifts.
Jen
A few cute things..
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Evelyn Tucker
Evelyn Tucker marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Knapp
Knapp marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Andd Becker
Andd Becker marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Annie Johnson
Annie Johnson marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2013
Saltlakecityhardys
Saltlakecityhardys marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Baby Knits for Beginners Special Knits: 22 Gorgeous Handknits for Babies and Toddlers How to Knit: The Definitive Knitting Course Complete with Step-by-Step Techniques, Stitch Library, and Projects for Your Home and Family The Knitter's Year: 52 Make-In-A-Week Projects - Quick Gifts and Seasonal Knits The Baby Knits Book: The Ultimate Collection of Knitwear Designs for Newborns to 3-Year-Olds