Start by marking “Knits to Give: 30 Knitted Gifts Made with Love” as Want to Read:
Knits to Give: 30 Knitted Gifts Made with Love

Knits to Give: 30 Knitted Gifts Made with Love

Knits to Give is a collection of 30 gift ideas divided into five sections—For Her, For Him, For Baby, For Kids, and For the Home. It will be difficult to decide where to start with this array of charming projects. Whether an elegant beaded clutch bag or lacy stole for her, a stylish iPad cover or seed-stitch tie for him, the ultra-cute bunny booties or sun hat for baby, a ...more
Published September 1st 2011 by Trafalgar Square Books

To ask other readers questions about Knits to Give, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knits to Give

Feb 04, 2014 Abbey rated it liked it
Shelves: knit-crochet
Another decent book from Debbie Bliss. I know there are many who simply *adore* her work, but much of the time I find her to be just a smidge "too cute!" for my tastes.

Lots of "cosy home" sorts of things in the book, and text is well-written and presented. superb production values and lovely pictures, and a nice amount of basic information made this fairly enjoyable to peruse, but I won't be buying a copy any time ssoon. Nothing new or particularly interesting, but a good mix of designs, includ
Jul 30, 2014 Tonileg rated it it was ok
Shelves: knitting-crafts
Wide variety of gift making ideas, but not the best knitting patterns because I much prefer the One-Skein Wonders series of books like Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Small Indulgences where most of my past Holiday gifts have come from.
The photos are nice.
I liked the Garter stitch Jacket for newborn to 9 months size (page 89) as well as the super cute cotton Sun Hat (page 92) and the Cabled vest for 3 months to 24 months (page 124).
The cabled open finger mittens for adults was cute, but so c
Jun 25, 2014 Allison rated it really liked it
Quite good! Some very cute and very pretty items with surprisingly simple instructions. Most patterns are knit flat, which I prefer. One thing that looks troublesome (I'm in the middle of a pattern right now) is that the finishing instructions look a bit scanty. We'll see, and perhaps I'll revise this review . . . that would be a pretty grave sin in a knit-flat book.
Oct 06, 2014 Audrey rated it liked it
I tend to like Debbie Bliss patterns, although her style does get a bit cutesy for my taste at times. However, I love how her yarns knit up, and the patterns in this book looked easy to follow. I marked a couple for possible gift-giving.
Jan 28, 2015 Bonnie rated it liked it
Shelves: crafts
I liked this more than other "gift" themed knitting books. I plan on making that sweet knitted tie as my next project. Solid and not too cutesy or whimsical (mostly).
Sep 10, 2015 Ruth rated it did not like it
Simple gifts. Nothing exciting. Easy to make. Cabled tea cozy.
Lynne - The Book Squirrel
Jul 09, 2014 Lynne - The Book Squirrel rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
So little time to do some of these great projects!
Jul 21, 2012 Joan rated it liked it
A selection of knitting projects that would make usually welcomed gifts that can be completed fairly quickly. The book has a convenient introduction to Debbie Bliss yarns and abbreviations as well as a charming anecdote about a beginning knitter who fashioned a gift from samplers of patterns. The categories include items for women, men, babies, young children and the home. Interesting patterns include: rice stitch scarf, which is suitable for men, cable arm warmer, and garter stitch baby jacket.
Feb 14, 2016 Linda rated it liked it
Shelves: needlework
Not many ideas here that interest me.
Nov 13, 2012 Carole rated it liked it
Not awful, but I only found one thing that I really thought I might take the time to knit before returning this to the library. I will not be purchasing my own copy.
Nov 27, 2014 Mckinley rated it it was ok
@ stars for my reference that I wont be making any projects from this book. And not because there aren't nice ideas just not to my taste and gift needs.
Cat Fithian
Apr 19, 2012 Cat Fithian rated it it was amazing
Nice collection of classic-looking designs. Love the knit tie for men, romper for baby/toddler and baby shawl.
Jen Visser
Oct 21, 2013 Jen Visser rated it it was amazing
Some very nice projects but beyond my current knitting skill level. Keep this in mind for later.
Oct 03, 2012 Barbara rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting
I love Debbie Bliss, but I couldn't find anything exciting in this book.
Apr 12, 2012 Evgenia rated it it was ok
Shelves: crafts
Nice pictures, but the patterns were not that interesting...
Jul 02, 2016 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting, sewing
A cute book with some cute patterns.
Dana Wright
Great book of knitted gifts.
Nov 16, 2012 Jen rated it liked it
A few cute things..
Foreverfangirl marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2016
I-like-to-read rated it it was ok
Oct 21, 2016
Linden rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2016
Sarah Halvorsen
Sarah Halvorsen rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2016
Dommdy marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Achella rated it did not like it
Feb 02, 2016
Nada Donia
Nada Donia marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Miss L J Drake
Miss L J Drake rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
MISS M PHIPPS rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Betty rated it it was ok
Sep 05, 2016
Laura Reading
Laura Reading marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Bibliothekerin rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2015