A Shocker on Shock Street (Goosebumps, #35)

A Shocker on Shock Street (صرخة الرعب #27)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  1,954 ratings  ·  53 reviews
Erin and her brother Marty love Shock Street horror films until a tour of the Shocker studio theme park shows them that real life is a whole lot scarier than the movies.
Published September 1st 2003 by Scholastic (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about A Shocker on Shock Street, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Shocker on Shock Street

Night of the Living Dummy by R.L. StineSay Cheese and Die! by R.L. StineWelcome to Dead House by R.L. StineOne Day at Horrorland by R.L. StineThe Ghost Next Door by R.L. Stine
The Best of Goosebumps
23rd out of 55 books — 150 voters
Don't Go To Sleep! by R.L. StineMoonlight Secrets by R.L. StineHow I Learned To Fly by R.L. StineMidnight Games by R.L. StineThe Confession by R.L. Stine
R.L. Stine
106th out of 114 books — 38 voters

More lists with this book...

David Santos
I love books about haunted houses and things of that nature. While I love reading about them, I can't be in them. I'm about 3 scares away from a heart attack. Anyways, the book sounds dumb and the cover looks like a movie cover for Starship Troopers V, but it was actually pretty good. You have two kids who get to be the first kids to test out a horror ride or a tour ride of Shocker Studios. They get to see every scene from movies in the studio, but it comes to life! Now that would be fun.....and...more
4adrian
Their is one girl and a boy who have a dad that has just made a scary theme park.They both love scary things. They love horror movies too. Their father has spent for ever working on this project and he is finally finished he right away invites them but wont tell them much about it in a strange way.

The two of them want to go on this ride and have a blast (before the ride starts). Then they love it and want to keep going while the sister is getting a bad felling about it (at the start of the rid...more
Patrick
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Ms.
May 15, 2009 Ms. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: sami-c
I liked this book because it has some creepy parts like when they are in "The Cave of Creeps" white worms fall from the ceiling and crawl all over them, the way the book descried them creeped me out. Read this book if you enjoy weird and creepy books.
Dharia Scarab
My love of reading started when i was young, and it gives me immense pleasure to provide books to Spread the Word Nevada, an organization that passes them on to children in the community. They are a terrific organization supporting an important cause. If your local I encourage you to check them out. For those living further a field, look in your own community, their may already be a similar program in place. And if not, you can always help start on.

Myself, I go ou...more
Whitney
I always thought this one was super creepy. Maybe this is why I hate praying mantises to this day.
Emma Louise
My favourite of the Goosebumps books. Scared me to death when I was 8.
Abhirami
I LIKE ALL GOOSEBUMPS AND THIS I AM NOT A BIT SCARED LIKE ALL OTHER SERIES
Ian
I know that someday robots have feelings as well as we human have
Kevin Xu
a great shocking ending!
Keegan
Erin and her best friend marty love the shocker on shock street movies, so when they get to go on the first schocker on shock street tour, they are ecstatic. But when the tram gets stuck they are in for the ride of their lives. The genre of the book is horror and I liked the tour setting but I think the book fell short.
Vina Crystelline
Pernah punya bukunya dulu.. Sayang entah hilang dimana.. Seingetku ini buku Goosebumps paling serem yang aku baca sampe sekarang, ceritanya 2 tokoh utama buku ini ikut tur yang dirancang oleh ayahnya salah satu bocah tokoh utama tsb.. Mereka berdua ikut tur buat tes pertama kali, kaya tur di taman bermain, cuma ini taman bermain yang horror, ada monster, jejadian, werewolf, dan teman2 sebangsanya.. Mereka ini naek trem.. Tapi ditengah2 perjalanan trem tiba2 macet, dari situlah situasi jadi nggak...more
Dean Deters
summary:

all kinds of scary
creatures live on
shock street like
shokro, toadinator,
ape face.

character trait:

Marty-scared "I won't admit I was scared"

most important event:

when the tram car stops.

recommendation:

I recommend this book for people who like scary stuff
sincerely,
Caleb
Tracey G
I love it when I'm totally taken by surprise by a Goosebumps book. I did not see that twist coming at the end. I was a little scared for the kids lol
Badiss
Erin and her best friend Marty are in love with horror movies. One day Erin and Marty visit the new Shocker Studio Theme park, where all their favorite horror moves get shot. When they get there, real live monster's start chasing them, and trying to kill them.

I recommend this book to everyone. I enjoyed reading this book. I was able to keep a strong image in my head of what was happening in the book.

If i were to rate this book out of ten, i would give it six and a half. I continue to enjoy R.L....more
Ceewill
Hailey
A Shocker on Shock Street is about two kids who go too a amusment park their dad created.

Erin is excited at first...but then the rides start getting a little too scary...a little to real...

The most important event is when their trolley gets stranded in the "Cave of Living Creeps."

I think this would be a good book for everyone who likes scary stories, or the Goosebumps series.
Drucilla
The idea is really cool, but I wish the rides and attractions hadn't been so realistic. I kept thinking that the things happening to the kids were impossible to do and so wasn't able to enjoy the book as much. It is a kids book, though. I guess you have to take a lot on faith.
Brendan Cruz
I think that the goosebumps series is great! I liked this book beacause i like rides and it is about 2 kids who go on a scary tour ride as they sit in thee tram and blast monsters as they come to you. I really liked this book and i will continue to read goosebumps!!!
Ted Sanders
This book was so bad that I had to read it twice to make sure. A Shocker on Shock Street remains my only 1-star book on GoodReads. Sorry R.L. Stine!

The ending was the worst part. Eight-year-old me had exacting standards, perhaps.
Matthew Ratte
I collected goosebumps when I was younger although this is the only one I read and I loved it.I don't remember much of the story but it felt wrong to give less than five stars for something I enjoyed so much as a child
Minas
Jul 19, 2012 Minas rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No one!
Recommended to Minas by: No one
Shelves: horrible
description

Horrible. What kind of ending was that???? The most disappointing book i've ever read!!
Rebecca
it about this girl and her friend who go to a new studio theme park for their Favorite show, to get scare of thier lives. wierd thing start to happen when they get there.
Molly
The entire series is corny, silly, far from scary, and bordering on stupid. But it's ADDICTIVE. It's a genuinely amusing series. Good for kicking back and relaxing.
Ben Cela
A Shocker on Shock Street remains one of the better Goosebumps books with it's scary creatures that R.L. Stine expatiates so well.
Brittany Perry
This one was a bit of a disappointment. I guess I didn't like that the kids were robots. It made me sad instead of giving me Goosebumps.
Glenn
Currently rereading my original Goosebumps collection

Read from October 10, 2013 - October 10, 2013
Brandon Burrup
Yeah this one is really dumb. They live on a street called Shock Street where shocking things happen.
Jessie
In this Goosebumps book, a brother and sister get attacked by creatures in a new theme park.
Tumaituhipa
i thought this book was really great because it was interesting and it gave me goosebumps.
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Monsters: Tales to Give You the Creeps
  • The Andalite's Gift (Megamorphs, #1)

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)