Start by marking “Physics For The Rest Of Us: Ten Basic Ideas Of Twentieth Century Physics That Everyone Should Know... And How They Have Shaped Our Culture And Consciousness” as Want to Read:

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Physics For The Rest of Us brings to life for the curious nonphysics reader ten key ideas of modern physics and explores their far-reading influence on our lives and thought.
Hardcover
Published by BARNES & NOBLE (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Physics For The Rest Of Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Physics For The Rest Of Us

Tim
The title is a bit misleading, as this is basically a full-on modern Physics course, without the math. I'd still highly recommend it to anyone interested in the subject; just know that it is not the lightest reading you've done. :-) I aced the core Physics track at WPI with ease based in large part by the theoretical foundation acquired reading this book (and, of course, all the math I took beforehand).
Thomas Cole

An excellent read for layman physicist. This book provides the base required for higher level physics books.
Randy
Filling in some blanks in my knowledge of physics.
Laura marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Lee Charlton
Lee Charlton marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Nicholas
Nicholas marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Andrew
Andrew marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Gene Ireland
Gene Ireland marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Lín
Lín marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Rjf
Rjf added it
Jun 09, 2014
Adrian
Adrian is currently reading it
Jun 01, 2014
Ryan
Ryan is currently reading it
May 30, 2014
محمد خالد
محمد خالد marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Dianna
Dianna added it
May 05, 2014
Heather
Heather is currently reading it
Apr 16, 2014
Kalyn
Kalyn marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Physics for the Rest of Us: Ten Basic Ideas of 20th Century Physics Physics As Metaphor Oxford Textbook of Primary Medical Care 2 Volume Set 3 D Studio Unleashed. (Unleashed)