Start by marking “Alice-Miranda on Vacation” as Want to Read:
Alice-Miranda on Vacation

Alice-Miranda on Vacation (Alice-Miranda #2)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  291 ratings  ·  30 reviews
Girls whoare fans ofJudy Moody, Matilda and Clementine will love Alice-Miranda, the precocious and endearing heroinewhoseadventures continue in book #2 of theAlice-Miranda series.

Alice-Miranda Highton-Smith-Kennington-Jones has survived her first semester at boarding school. Now she's headed home for break—and she's invited Jacinta Headlington-Bear, the school's second-bes
Published April 10th 2012 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published August 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Alice-Miranda on Vacation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alice-Miranda on Vacation

Melanie
Alice-Miranda on Vacation is a delightful book for young girls. It has tea parties, secret clubhouses, horses, and the Queen even comes to visit. I absolutely love Alice-Miranda and am still trying to decide if she is more like Pollyanna Laura Inglles or Eloise, but I think she is a mix of all of them. She assumes that everyone wants to be friends, and tends to bring out the best in all of the people she meets (minus the occasional criminal who is just plain rude)
This is the second book in the A
Anni
I become addicted to this writer. Her books is very light and makes us smile.
Zoe
Looooooved iiiiiiiiit!!!!!!!
Jessie Lin
I love theAliceMiranda books
They carry me away to another world
And when I wake up,I feel light and happy
Kathleen Dixon
A second fun instalment in this series about a Brit 'upper-class' 7-year-old with a double-double-barrelled sirname (as I have said in the past when friends have suggested a double-barrelled sirname to me, "But where does it end!"). I don't think I laughed quite as much as at the first one, but I'm still sure my grandchildren will enjoy them when they're independent readers.
Angela
Alice-Miranda is a tiny girl who manages to find big adventures wherever she goes. This time she has a number of mysteries to solve, a match to be made, identities to uncover, and a kidnapping to foil! She does it all with her trademark energy, kindness, and cleverness. Now just waiting on the library to get book 3!
Evelyn
I think that this book is the best book if you really need cheering up, or if you feel lonely. I really like Alice Miranda, because I feel that she is amazingly Funny, Cheerfull and Happy. I love being in her adventureous Adventures!!
Linggar Octaviani
i love Alice-Miranda Highton-Smith-Kennington-Jones!
Asmita Saha
The book is really interesting at the end.
Melanie
It was also one of my favourite books! I love it!
Brett
Admittedly, this book is only semi-realistic, but it's definitely not fantasy. In addition to apparently being the only child of a couple who must be the richest people on earth, I have yet to meet a child who is always like Alice-Miranda: many kids I know are sweet, kind, polite, well-behaved, & genuinely believe the best of people - but not all the time. However, as an adult who semi-frequently works with kids, I certainly wish that there were more Alice-Mirandas in the world.

In her second
Elma Branigan
Alice-Miranda

Alice-Miranda is home for the holidays and there appears to be a lot more happening than what she expected. She faces a lot of mystery and adventure during the holidays. Alice-Miranda and her friend Jacinta are working together to try and solve the problems they are looking at. First, there is the strange boy who throws stones and acts horrible towards them. Then, there’s the handsome film star who has come to stay and, with all the sneaking around at night-time, the girls are certa
Elle
Unlike the first book in the Alice Miranda series, I really enjoyed this one! This novel was sweet, interesting and I really liked reading about Alice Miranda's home village, her family and the workers who live with them.

Alice Miranda goes home for the holidays with her new friend Jacinta Headlington Bear - to Highton Hall, her parents home. Little do they know what surprises lay ahead! There's a rude boy called Lucas who keeps throwing stones at them, and also a movie star (who happens to be a
Tammy Rahmasari
Saat ini semester pertama Alice-Miranda di sekolah asrama Akademi Winchesterfield-Downsfordvale untuk Perempuan Muda Baik-baik telah usai, saatnya ia berlibur dan pulang ke rumahnya di Wisma Highton. Liburan kali ini karena ia telah masuk ke sekolah asrama, ia mengajak Jacinta untuk ikut berlibur dengannya.

Namun pada saat Alice-Miranda akan sampai di rumah, ia menemukan seorang anak laki-laki yang tidak bersahabat dan terus saja mencari masalah dengannya, Lucas yang juga sepupu dari Jasper dan P
LH Johnson
The second in the Alice-Miranda series, Alice-Miranda on Holiday is (as the title suggests) focused on Alice-Miranda's holiday from school. She's back home at her beautiful house Highton Hall, full of luscious meals and exciting high-jinks, and (hurrah!) there's skullduggery afoot!

If you've read the first in the series (which I reviewed here,you should have a good idea of what to expect. If this is your first exposure to Alice-Miranda Highton-Smith-Kennington-Jones, you're in for a treat. She's
Lauren Collett
The book “Alice Miranda on Holiday” is a great book. Once I picked it up I couldn’t put it down because the way it is written grabs my attention and it has a great story line. Something new happens on every page. This book was fun to read and I loved it so much that I had to read the whole series. I would definitely recommend other people to read the book.

This book is written as a narrative of Alice’s very exciting, challenging and mysterious holiday. It is an adventure and mystery book. It is a
Asna
Ceritanya penuh dengan teka-teki dan taburan moral persahabatan dan etika la la la. Alice-Miranda manis dan sopan dan dewasa seperti biasa. Tapi gw ga suka karakter Alice-Miranda ini, seperti spesies anak-anak yang super langka. Belon lagi orang tuanya yang.. yeah, hebat deh bisa mendidik anak sampe jadi kayak Alice-Miranda, tinggal di Wisma dengan delapan kamar dan hanya punya 1 pembantu, 1 koki dan 1 tukang kebun.. betul ga yah? Pokoknya pembantunya dikit banget deh. Malah sampe nyonya rumahny ...more
Jelyna
I love Alice Miranda on Holiday. Her friend Jacinta is one for a detective spirit, as well as the romantic type! Jasper is such a sweet boy as well, and same as his little sister. I absolutely adore the tea parties and cubbie houses, as well as the suspicions for many people. This book is a must read!
Pratita  Kusuma
i still think every leader should read this series... that seven-and-half years old Alice-Miranda Highton-Smith-Kennington-Jones does know how to use the power she has (wealth and wit) to restore people faith in humanity, something our leaders failed to accomplished all these years...
Kaitlyn Mostyn
Loved these books , still have them to this day. They are what started my love of reading . I applaud these books and everything they stand for
Nabila Anwar
Much enjoying 'Take The Lead' than this one.
Humz..
Jess
Loved the entire series.
Haji
Selalu menarik mengikuti si alice. Ia sungguh menikmati memberikan surprise untuk orang-orang di sekelilingnya, termasuk si lucas.. ^^

-oOOOo- ketika saya membaca buku ini -oOOOo-
Buku ini habis selesai aku baca, sambil menemani mas ku yang siap2 dan selesai operasi. Aku tidak sabar untuk membaca edisi2 alice yang lainnya.. ^^
Judy
This is the second in a series about a precocious 7 1/4 year old girl. They're clever, light mysteries.
Bacik1
I loved it!!! It's the best book i've read that has horses in it :)
Heather
Just as silly as the first book but kind of cute.
Megan
  • The Secret Club
  • Bride Leads the Chalet School (The Chalet School, #31)
  • Hot & Cold (EJ12 Girl Hero, #1)
  • The New Girl
  • After the Fall: A Novel
  • Beswitched
  • The Worst Gymnast
  • The Glass Bird Girl
  • Hide and Seek
Jacqueline Harvey has combined a successful career in education with her love of a good story. She is the author of many novels for younger readers and a picture book, THE SOUND OF THE SEA, which was awarded Honour Book in the 2006 Australian Children’s Book Council Awards.

Jacqueline taught in Infants and Primary schools and was Deputy Head of Abbotsleigh Junior School (an independent day and boa
More about Jacqueline Harvey...

Alice-Miranda (10 books)
  • Alice Miranda In Paris
  • Alice-Miranda Shines Bright
  • Alice-Miranda in Japan
  • Alice-Miranda Diary
Alice-Miranda at School Alice-Miranda takes the Lead Alice-Miranda at Sea Alice-Miranda In New York Alice-Miranda Shows the Way