Winter's Kiss: The Ex Games; The Twelve Dates of Christmas

Winter's Kiss: The Ex Games; The Twelve Dates of Christmas

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  388 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Cozy up to a double dose of winter-themed romantic comedy with two books in one bind-up.Lexi has come up with a master plan to make Cameron break up with her: get him to fall for another girl so she’ll be free (and guilt-free, too). But when the plan goes well—too well—Lexi starts to wonder if she hasn’t made a terrible mistake. Has she let the perfect guy get away? And is...more
Published January 3rd 2012 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Winter's Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter's Kiss

Snowed In by Rachel HawthorneSnow in Love by Claire RayEx-mas by Kate BrianLet It Snow by John GreenIcing on the Lake by Catherine Clark
Holiday/Winter YA Books
12th out of 18 books — 25 voters
The Boys Next Door by Jennifer EcholsThe Ex Games by Jennifer EcholsMajor Crush by Jennifer EcholsA Novel Idea by Aimee FriedmanEndless Summer by Jennifer Echols
Simon Romantic Comedies
43rd out of 43 books — 261 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica
Review: The Ex Games by Jennifer Echols

There is no doubt that I love Jennifer Echols, so of course I had a blast reading her winter romantic comedy! The Ex Games was published in 2009, but was republished in a volume with The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Catherine Hopka this month. Even though it's been around for three years, it was still the perfect book to cozy up with while the snow fell outside.

Hayden and Nick have a rocky past; they dated four years ago but broke up soon after when Nick b...more
Jessica at Book Sake
Hmm, so how to review two books by two different authors in one actual book? Well, the two stories go together very well. The editors or publishers did a fantastic job of matching these up. Both are young adult romantic comedies and take place in the winter-time, which was perfect for me to read on the coldest days we’ve had in Florida in awhile. (No snow to go along with it, but I had my fair share of hot chocolate while reading.)

(*Note that the description of the book that I pulled from the pu...more
Nicole
The romances were very sweet but I also think these were some messed up people! Full review soon :)
Mateja
The Ex Games deserves 5 huge stars, it is so, so good. The book was fun and entertaining, Hayden and her brother are such goofballs, they made me laugh out loud several times. I absolutely loved all the characters, even the side ones were really well written. I wasn't just interested in Hayden and Nick's story, I was also dying to read anything about their friends' lives. The Ex Games is a very engaging story and I highly recommend it for when you are in the mood for something quick and fun.

I wi...more
Kristina Snyder
Winter's kiss had two wonderful stories that I enjoyed reading. Both stories were beautifully written. I was immediately captivated with both stories. This is a book I will definitely be rereading. I loved it!!! I am really hoping I get to see more of these characters down the road.

The Ex Games by Jennifer Echols was a very sweet story. I loved, loved loved it. Hayden has never forgiven Nick on the bet he set with his friends. He hurt her more than she lets on. Four years later, they appear to...more
XxForeverXx_XxVampire_DiariezxxLuvsSHERLOCKandSUPERNATURAL
Jun 05, 2014 XxForeverXx_XxVampire_DiariezxxLuvsSHERLOCKandSUPERNATURAL rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to XxForeverXx_XxVampire_DiariezxxLuvsSHERLOCKandSUPERNATURAL by: Public Library
RivkaBelle
Book provided by author for review.
Review originally published on my blog AWordsWorth.blogspot.com

Winter's Kiss is actually two books in one cute little volume: The Ex Games by Jennifer Echols and The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Catherine Hapka. The two novels pair together beautifully, and I read them during a particular cold week - which made them doubly fitting.

The Ex Games is an intense ride. Hayden and Nick were an item in seventh grade, and have been enemies ever since. Well, maybe not en...more
Christi Snow
The Ex Games
by Jennifer Echols

My Rating: A

Story Overview:
Meanwhile, Hayden and Nick’s steamy relationship has ended in a frosty breakup, and now they’re just friends. But when they decide to go head-to-head in a boarding contest, the friendly competition gets heated….Will sparks start to fly on and off the slopes?

My Review:
What a wonderfully sweet romantic story, but it was so much more than that. This book is about Nick and Hayden. They dated for a single month in 7th grade and have had a con...more
Alex
Nicole
I really loved both stories! And the one thing that the guys have in common for both stories is that they never forget their frst love. No matter how long, it's still there. That spark that everyone is saying about.

I really love how Nick wanted Hayden back badly and how he confessed that he should be the one for her and not Everett [cuss word] Walsh. (see what i did there) He really fought for her. It's such a sweet sweet story if you just wanna be in the mood for some romantic-cuddly-mini tear...more
Katy
Thank you Jennifer Echols for sending me an autographed copy.

3 stars - 4 for The Ex Games and 2 for The Twelve Dates of Christmas

I borrowed The Ex Games from the library and read it over a year ago and really liked it. I was excited to own it when I received the autographed copy of Winter's Kiss today and reskimmed the story and found I still thought it was really cute. I'm a sucker for romantic comedies, and I don't care if they're cliche or cheesy. This book made me smile, and a love a banter...more
Crystal
Stupid romantic comedy. Enough said. All right, because you know I can't leave it at that. These two books had some sweet moments, but for the most part they were seriously nauseating. In the first one a girl tries to get rid of her BF by setting him up with another girl because she doesn't feel like they have a future together. But she changes her mind and tries to get him back. But she won't tell him that she set him up, because she has too much pride. Well, apparently she has no self respect...more
Danielle
I would have given this book compilation 5 stars if it were not for the second book by Catherine Hapka. I absolutely loved the first book by Jennifer Echols, The Ex Games. The plot was interesting with a snowboarding competition between exes. The characters were fantastic and funny. The second book was not nearly as enjoyable as I had hoped from the plot description. I found the female character dislikeable and unrelatable. I did not bother to read past the first couple chapters.
Emm
I read both of these stories pretty quick, but I have to say I enjoyed The Ex Games better than The 12 Dates Of Christmas.

The Ex Games:
I'm a sucker for any Jennifer Echols story. It had many cute and funny moments, which had me enjoy every word. Again, its a love-hate relationship between the 2 main characters, which i always enjoy. The characters were likeable and relatable, and I would read it again! 3.5/5 stars.

The Twelve Dates of Christmas:
This was an interesting story, since it's about a...more
Hayley Dube
The first book is called "The Ex Games." Nick and Hayden used to date in the seventh grade, now in the eleventh grade they are thrown together again. When Nick challenges Hayden to a snowboarding comp, he believes he will win without any explanation. My favorite part was when Nick and Hayden were alone together. Will sparks start to fly on and off the slopes? The second book is called "The Twelve Dates of Christmas." Lexi thinks her boyfriend Cam isn't committed to her for the long run. So she d...more
Allice Revelle
The Ex-Games
2 stars

The 12 Dates of Christmas
2 stars

The problem with both of these stories? One of the main characters from each story royally ticked me off.
Hayden was the saving grace in The Ex-Games, because she had a level head on her shoulders.....except when it came to her douche bag (yes, he was a Grade A dick) of a "crush".
Lexi (The 12 Dates of Christmas) was simply horrible. Sweet Cameron was much better off without her, but he also needed his head examined when he willingly took her back...more
guineviere ann
May 18, 2012 guineviere ann rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Winter romantics.
Recommended to guineviere by: -
The weather has been really hot these days so I thought about reading this to cool myself off.

I liked the first story. It was so cute and to hide your feelings for so long is just so amazing and unbelievable. It's like in the end that I realised that everyone's trying to help her and she was amazingly able to pull off a 1080 just because her mentor told her some stuff. She should have came earlier...

The second story didn't interest me. I didn't like how she was pushing and pulling him away, how...more
Pay
This was very girly and a little bit cheesy, but if you like this kind of thing it's perfect for you. I did over all enjoy it. It was a fun light read. And I particularly liked how they joined the two stories into one
Abi
Let me say one thing I enjoyed the twelve dates of Christmas more than the ex games. (Gasp) surprising, I know. Sure Hayden reminded me of myself and her and Nick were cute but I just liked the twelve dates of Christmas more. I mean Lexi was so funny and her schemes were so entertaining! Not to mention how cute Cam seemed. It's such a cute read and would be fun to read durning Christmas.
Laura Bang
Not the greatest YA rom-coms, but good brain candy for the holidays. I read most of the first one on the plane home and the rest I read between family time. Both stories have their annoyances, but I liked the second story, The Twelve Dates of Christmas, slightly better.
Kaitlyn
3.5 stars. These two stories were cute little contemporaries and a fun way to pass my afternoon. I loved the first one - Jennifer Echols never disappoints. The second story, however, bored me at times. Overall, a quick, fun read for a snowy day.
Michaela
I read The Ex Games and I loved it but as I started to read The Twelve Dates of Christmas I really couldn't get into it so I decided to stop reading it.
Light reading for teens and young adults - read my full review for this book at: http://www.dreamworldbooks.com/2012/0...
Chandra
Both stories were kind of eh. Not my favorite or anything. It just semed like the stories were rushed since there had to be two stories in one book.
India
This was a great book because it's 2 in 1. I loved the first book. The second took longer to get into but once i did i loved it too.
Ali
Rating for first book. Best line that I knew was coming: "Four years."

Second book blah.
Melissa
This book was pretty good. It was nice to read 2 books in one. They both had great relationship stories.
Heather
loved the ex games but the twelve dates of christmas wasnt as good
Diane
On vacation I wanted a fun romance and this was perfect!
  • A Funny Thing About Love: Dancing Queen; Prom Crashers; Drive Me Crazy
  • Love, Love, Love (Romantic Comedies)
  • Royally Crushed (Royally Jacked, #1-3)
  • Snow in Love
  • The One That I Want
  • For Money and Love (Mob Princess, #1)
  • Struck: Stupid Cupid; Flirting with Disaster; Pucker Up
  • Decked with Holly
  • To Catch a Prince: To Catch a Prince & The Frog Prince
  • Kissing Snowflakes
  • Sun-Kissed Christmas (Summer, #8)
  • The Right Kind of Wrong
  • Mistletoe: Four Holiday Stories
  • Be Mine
  • Snow Queen
  • Kissed: Belle / Sunlight and Shadow / Winter's Child
  • From Willa, With Love (Wedding Planner's Daughter #6)
  • Life's a Witch (Life's a Witch, #2)
Catherine (Cathy) Hapka has written more than one hundred books for children and adults, as a ghostwriter for series as well as original titles, including the Romantic Comedies Something Borrowed, The Twelve Date of Christmas, and Love on Cue. She lives in Pennsylvania.
More about Catherine Hapka...
Something Borrowed Love on Cue At First Sight Pardon My French The Twelve Dates of Christmas (Simon Romantic Comedies)