Start by marking “The Resisters #2: Sterling Squadron” as Want to Read:
The Resisters #2: Sterling Squadron

The Resisters #2: Sterling Squadron (The Resisters)

4.28 of 5 stars 4.28  ·  rating details  ·  101 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Million-copy bestselling Halo author and game developer Eric Nylund again brings action-packed science fiction to a young audience with the riveting second book in The Resisters series. Even as he trains to be a pilot for the Resisters, twelve-year-old Ethan Blackwood is still reeling from the news that aliens called the Ch'zar have taken over the world and put all the adu ...more
Published April 10th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Resisters #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Resisters #2

Joel Senaya
In my opinion this book is very interesting and hard to predict what going to happen next. This books help you believe that you can do anything if you don't give up. Ethan the main character fights the chazar a group of aliens who tries to conquer the Earth and wins. He was outnumber by 3 times. He was thrown in jail for fighting without permission and he still kept fighting ,even though the odds were against him. He had only an few people supporting him in the begging which changed to everyone ...more
Rocki S.
My son and I read book one together a year ago. As avid Halo fans, we both enjoyed the story a lot. The Resister series is akin to Halo, Starship Troopers, and a touch of Transformers, while being original on its own.

We recently discovered book 2 and we read it eagerly. It did not disappoint. Eric Nylund does a great job of writing sci-fi for kids and I appreciate his talent for this.

Ethan Blackwood, a resister pilot in training, makes a daring secret mission to rescue students from the Sterling
One of my avid 4th grade readers recommended Sterling Squadron to me, and I can definitely see why he loves this fast-paced, kid-powered story of a brash young hero grappling with a world full of nasty, mind controlling aliens and adults who either just don't understand or are under the spell of the aforementioned aliens. Sterling Squadron combines equal parts Ender's Game and Disney Channel Original Movie (Zenon for gamers, anyone?) with a healthy dose of video game-esque boom, crash, bang figh ...more
This one was more difficult to get through than the first. Lots of battle scenes. Reminded me a bit of Ender's Game.
Christina Dudley
I think 2 of my 3 kids would give this 4 stars, and the 9YO and I would give it 3, so really it's a 3.5.

The continuing adventures of Ethan Blackwood, ace wasp (literally) pilot for the resistance in a dystopian world where all the adults are mind-controlled by alien invader insects.

Plenty of adventure and military-style thrills. The boy LOVED it. I found it a little heavy on the the-whole-world-was-depending-on-him kind of language. Earnest and sometimes cornball, but, like I said, the 11YO bo
Blake E.
auther: eric s. nylund
genere: fiction
ethen blackwood is a star wasp i.c.e. suit figter. he has to go to starling. starling is a bording school. he goes there to recrute piloes. but he ends up finding his sister and casing a riot.when they get back they have 3.5 day two train the recrutes. then there is a big battle. if you want to know the ending then read the book to find out.
I hate this book whatever you do don't waste your time buying this book. I absolutely has no plot and has a million typos I could barely understand what they were saying.
This is second book in the series about a group trying to repel an alien race that is controlling Earth through mind control. The main characters are kids that are too young to be controlled and they need to recruit new members to help them fight back against a massive invasion force. I liked the way the kids had to grown up and grow together to try and succeed.
Pretty good followup. Basically alien invasion that has to be fought off by kids flying inside giant bugs under the direction of adults. A bit silly as ideas go but pretty well done. And kind of serious in its silliness. 3.5 of 5.
The first book was much better. But I do still want to read the third one.
Billy Bob
Billy Bob is currently reading it
Nov 06, 2015
Alex Wilson
Alex Wilson marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Sameer marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2015
Ashton is currently reading it
Oct 26, 2015
Natalie is currently reading it
Oct 12, 2015
Ben Wheatley
Ben Wheatley marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Jayden Keeler
Jayden Keeler marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Eko marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Liam Saucedo
Liam Saucedo marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Neha added it
Jul 31, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

The Resisters (4 books)
  • The Resisters (The Resisters, #1)
  • The Resisters #3: Titan Base