Start by marking “The Resisters #2: Sterling Squadron” as Want to Read:
The Resisters #2: Sterling Squadron

The Resisters #2: Sterling Squadron (The Resisters #2)

4.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  113 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Million-copy bestselling Halo author and game developer Eric Nylund again brings action-packed science fiction to a young audience with the riveting second book in The Resisters series. Even as he trains to be a pilot for the Resisters, twelve-year-old Ethan Blackwood is still reeling from the news that aliens called the Ch'zar have taken over the world and put all the adu ...more
Published April 10th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Resisters #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Resisters #2

Adam Bouzianis
May 01, 2016 Adam Bouzianis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joel Senaya
Nov 02, 2015 Joel Senaya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In my opinion this book is very interesting and hard to predict what going to happen next. This books help you believe that you can do anything if you don't give up. Ethan the main character fights the chazar a group of aliens who tries to conquer the Earth and wins. He was outnumber by 3 times. He was thrown in jail for fighting without permission and he still kept fighting ,even though the odds were against him. He had only an few people supporting him in the begging which changed to everyone ...more
Rocki S.
Mar 28, 2013 Rocki S. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
My son and I read book one together a year ago. As avid Halo fans, we both enjoyed the story a lot. The Resister series is akin to Halo, Starship Troopers, and a touch of Transformers, while being original on its own.

We recently discovered book 2 and we read it eagerly. It did not disappoint. Eric Nylund does a great job of writing sci-fi for kids and I appreciate his talent for this.

Ethan Blackwood, a resister pilot in training, makes a daring secret mission to rescue students from the Sterling
Emily
One of my avid 4th grade readers recommended Sterling Squadron to me, and I can definitely see why he loves this fast-paced, kid-powered story of a brash young hero grappling with a world full of nasty, mind controlling aliens and adults who either just don't understand or are under the spell of the aforementioned aliens. Sterling Squadron combines equal parts Ender's Game and Disney Channel Original Movie (Zenon for gamers, anyone?) with a healthy dose of video game-esque boom, crash, bang figh ...more
Jnase1
Apr 14, 2014 Jnase1 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This one was more difficult to get through than the first. Lots of battle scenes. Reminded me a bit of Ender's Game.
Christina Dudley
I think 2 of my 3 kids would give this 4 stars, and the 9YO and I would give it 3, so really it's a 3.5.

The continuing adventures of Ethan Blackwood, ace wasp (literally) pilot for the resistance in a dystopian world where all the adults are mind-controlled by alien invader insects.

Plenty of adventure and military-style thrills. The boy LOVED it. I found it a little heavy on the the-whole-world-was-depending-on-him kind of language. Earnest and sometimes cornball, but, like I said, the 11YO bo
Blake E.
Nov 06, 2012 Blake E. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
auther: eric s. nylund
genere: fiction
page#:
ethen blackwood is a star wasp i.c.e. suit figter. he has to go to starling. starling is a bording school. he goes there to recrute piloes. but he ends up finding his sister and casing a riot.when they get back they have 3.5 day two train the recrutes. then there is a big battle. if you want to know the ending then read the book to find out.
Trojan
Jan 06, 2014 Trojan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hate this book whatever you do don't waste your time buying this book. I absolutely has no plot and has a million typos I could barely understand what they were saying.
Kevin
Jul 05, 2012 Kevin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is second book in the series about a group trying to repel an alien race that is controlling Earth through mind control. The main characters are kids that are too young to be controlled and they need to recruit new members to help them fight back against a massive invasion force. I liked the way the kids had to grown up and grow together to try and succeed.
Mitchell
Pretty good followup. Basically alien invasion that has to be fought off by kids flying inside giant bugs under the direction of adults. A bit silly as ideas go but pretty well done. And kind of serious in its silliness. 3.5 of 5.
Oleg
Apr 12, 2015 Oleg rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade
The first book was much better. But I do still want to read the third one.
Kyle
Kyle marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
Candy Ninja
Candy Ninja marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Westleigh Quattrone
Westleigh Quattrone marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Sharon Normark
Sharon Normark marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Major
Major marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Geoff Nugent
Geoff Nugent rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2016
Meghan Hawk
Meghan Hawk marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Karis
Karis rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2016
Tanner Stackhouse
Tanner Stackhouse marked it as to-read
May 14, 2016
Jeremy Clark
Jeremy Clark marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
For
For added it
Apr 25, 2016
Elain
Elain marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Nasar Amandi
Nasar Amandi marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Jaki Glenn
Jaki Glenn rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2016
Aaron Osguthorpe
Aaron Osguthorpe rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2016
Larry
Larry marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Phantoms In The Snow
  • Chasing Orion
  • Phoenix (Five Ancestors: Out of the Ashes, #1)
  • Super (Supers of Noble's Green, #2)
  • Domination (C.H.A.O.S., #3)
  • Rise of the Corpses (The Undertakers, #1)
  • Bokurano: Ours, Vol. 1
  • Mr. Fahrenheit
  • Almost Super
  • Mr. Darcy's Angel of Mercy
  • Doctor Who: The Time Traveller's Almanac
  • The Alley (The Alley, #1)
  • Wolven: The Twilight Circus (Wolven, #2)
  • Gooney Bird on the Map
  • George Washington's Spy
  • Flower Feud (Petal Pushers, #2)
  • Goosebumps Boxed Set, Books 29- 32: Monster Blood III, It Came from Beneath the Sink!, Night of the Living Dummy II, and The Barking Ghost
  • 2031 (PeaceMaker, #3)

The Resisters (4 books)
  • The Resisters (The Resisters, #1)
  • Titan Base (The Resisters, #3)
  • Operation Inferno (The Resisters, #4)