Start by marking “The Resisters #2: Sterling Squadron” as Want to Read:
The Resisters #2: Sterling Squadron

The Resisters #2: Sterling Squadron (The Resisters)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Million-copy bestselling Halo author and game developer Eric Nylund again brings action-packed science fiction to a young audience with the riveting second book in The Resisters series. Even as he trains to be a pilot for the Resisters, twelve-year-old Ethan Blackwood is still reeling from the news that aliens called the Ch'zar have taken over the world and put all the adu ...more
Published April 10th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Resisters #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Resisters #2

Rocki S.
My son and I read book one together a year ago. As avid Halo fans, we both enjoyed the story a lot. The Resister series is akin to Halo, Starship Troopers, and a touch of Transformers, while being original on its own.

We recently discovered book 2 and we read it eagerly. It did not disappoint. Eric Nylund does a great job of writing sci-fi for kids and I appreciate his talent for this.

Ethan Blackwood, a resister pilot in training, makes a daring secret mission to rescue students from the Sterling
Jnase1
This one was more difficult to get through than the first. Lots of battle scenes. Reminded me a bit of Ender's Game.
Christina Dudley
I think 2 of my 3 kids would give this 4 stars, and the 9YO and I would give it 3, so really it's a 3.5.

The continuing adventures of Ethan Blackwood, ace wasp (literally) pilot for the resistance in a dystopian world where all the adults are mind-controlled by alien invader insects.

Plenty of adventure and military-style thrills. The boy LOVED it. I found it a little heavy on the the-whole-world-was-depending-on-him kind of language. Earnest and sometimes cornball, but, like I said, the 11YO bo
Blake E.
auther: eric s. nylund
genere: fiction
page#:
ethen blackwood is a star wasp i.c.e. suit figter. he has to go to starling. starling is a bording school. he goes there to recrute piloes. but he ends up finding his sister and casing a riot.when they get back they have 3.5 day two train the recrutes. then there is a big battle. if you want to know the ending then read the book to find out.
Trojan
I hate this book whatever you do don't waste your time buying this book. I absolutely has no plot and has a million typos I could barely understand what they were saying.
Kevin
This is second book in the series about a group trying to repel an alien race that is controlling Earth through mind control. The main characters are kids that are too young to be controlled and they need to recruit new members to help them fight back against a massive invasion force. I liked the way the kids had to grown up and grow together to try and succeed.
Mitchell
Pretty good followup. Basically alien invasion that has to be fought off by kids flying inside giant bugs under the direction of adults. A bit silly as ideas go but pretty well done. And kind of serious in its silliness. 3.5 of 5.
Casey Middlebrooks
Casey Middlebrooks marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Steven Mullen
Steven Mullen marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Raymond Brooks
Raymond Brooks marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Roohangm
Roohangm marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
ares
ares added it
Apr 17, 2015
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Conor Dunne
Conor Dunne marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Pablo
Pablo marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Aflugence5462
Aflugence5462 is currently reading it
Feb 04, 2015
T P
T P marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Neal Pavlicek
Neal Pavlicek marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

The Resisters (4 books)
  • The Resisters (The Resisters, #1)
  • The Resisters #3: Titan Base
  • The Resisters #4: Operation Inferno
Halo: The Fall of Reach Halo: First Strike Halo: Ghosts of Onyx Halo: The Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike (Halo, #1-3) Mortal Coils (Mortal Coils, #1)