The Resisters #2: Sterling Squadron

The Resisters #2: Sterling Squadron (The Resisters)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Million-copy bestselling Halo author and game developer Eric Nylund again brings action-packed science fiction to a young audience with the riveting second book in The Resisters series. Even as he trains to be a pilot for the Resisters, twelve-year-old Ethan Blackwood is still reeling from the news that aliens called the Ch'zar have taken over the world and put all the adu...more
Published April 10th 2012 by Yearling

To ask other readers questions about The Resisters #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Resisters #2

Rocki S.
My son and I read book one together a year ago. As avid Halo fans, we both enjoyed the story a lot. The Resister series is akin to Halo, Starship Troopers, and a touch of Transformers, while being original on its own.

We recently discovered book 2 and we read it eagerly. It did not disappoint. Eric Nylund does a great job of writing sci-fi for kids and I appreciate his talent for this.

Ethan Blackwood, a resister pilot in training, makes a daring secret mission to rescue students from the Sterling...more
Jnase1
This one was more difficult to get through than the first. Lots of battle scenes. Reminded me a bit of Ender's Game.
Christina Dudley
I think 2 of my 3 kids would give this 4 stars, and the 9YO and I would give it 3, so really it's a 3.5.

The continuing adventures of Ethan Blackwood, ace wasp (literally) pilot for the resistance in a dystopian world where all the adults are mind-controlled by alien invader insects.

Plenty of adventure and military-style thrills. The boy LOVED it. I found it a little heavy on the the-whole-world-was-depending-on-him kind of language. Earnest and sometimes cornball, but, like I said, the 11YO bo...more
Blake E.
auther: eric s. nylund
genere: fiction
page#:
ethen blackwood is a star wasp i.c.e. suit figter. he has to go to starling. starling is a bording school. he goes there to recrute piloes. but he ends up finding his sister and casing a riot.when they get back they have 3.5 day two train the recrutes. then there is a big battle. if you want to know the ending then read the book to find out.
Trojan
I hate this book whatever you do don't waste your time buying this book. I absolutely has no plot and has a million typos I could barely understand what they were saying.
Kevin
This is second book in the series about a group trying to repel an alien race that is controlling Earth through mind control. The main characters are kids that are too young to be controlled and they need to recruit new members to help them fight back against a massive invasion force. I liked the way the kids had to grown up and grow together to try and succeed.
Mitchell
Pretty good followup. Basically alien invasion that has to be fought off by kids flying inside giant bugs under the direction of adults. A bit silly as ideas go but pretty well done. And kind of serious in its silliness. 3.5 of 5.
Jane
Jane added it
Jul 25, 2014
Nightswift
Nightswift marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Annalise
Annalise marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Stars
Stars marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Mightyguy
Mightyguy marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Zach
Zach added it
Feb 24, 2014
Charles Jai Snead
Charles Jai Snead marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Halo: The Fall of Reach Halo: First Strike Halo: Ghosts of Onyx Halo, Books 1-3 (The Flood; First Strike; The Fall of Reach) Mortal Coils (Mortal Coils, #1)