Start by marking “Shifting (Fated Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Shifting (Fated Saga, #2)

Shifting (Fated Saga #2)

Published June 1st 2011 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Shifting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shifting

Sue Plant
Nov 30, 2016 Sue Plant rated it it was amazing
Wow this book continues where the first book finished .....

The twins find themselves in s different realm with some very unfriendly gypies

As the twins special abilities come along they try to keep them secret but to no avail

But who could be after the book ...

Who is friend or foe

Is everyone as they seem or do they all have agendas
jessica
Jan 15, 2017 jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keep it going

I love how this second book of the series flows flawlessly from the first...it's an easy read with great interest and keeps you wanting to read more
Mari
Oct 08, 2016 Mari rated it it was amazing
The twins get stuck in a secret realm trying to help their friend Jae. They believe their uncle was killed by a scratcher in the process and now they are stuck with a bunch of magical gypsies who it turns out maybe part of their hidden path.
Patricia
Dec 22, 2014 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And the journey continues in their new home

Meghan and Collin have entered into a new realm after fighting scratchers to help jae their gypsy friend return to his magical people.. During the battle the friends father is injured and as the twins are trying to push his lifeless body through the portal the are forced to watch an unexpected and horrifying battle erupts between the scratchers and their beloved uncle Aaron.
The portal closes leaving them clueless as to whether their uncle was able to
Kandice Dreama
Oct 07, 2012 Kandice Dreama rated it really liked it
I am Glad to Say this book was awesome I couldn't put it down, there were twists and turns and a fun plot that even while it skimmed the top of it you could see the shapes lurking beneath the surface teasing you, It was a surprisingly deep book that while light and airy had such deep undertones that kept dragging you on, I found this book while looking for books to read on my e reader, it looked slightly interesting as I love all things Vampire and adore things that go bump in the night, I looke ...more
Susan
Jan 19, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't let the bond break

The twins have a bond that keeps them linked to each other. They keep being reminded to not let that connection break but what is the reason for the warning?

As Meghan and Colin learn more about their magic and the world that they have found themselves in, they are finding that there are more things to fear. They need to trust each other now more than ever. This book takes you deeper into the saga giving you more details and more unanswered questions.

All the books end wit
April
Aug 13, 2016 April rated it it was amazing
Ok I got the first in this series for free not realizing it was a series and read it, well it was good enough to read on so i bought the set of book I-II , of course I could not stop there and went on to book 3 I have yet to be disappointed and am looking forward to steppiing into book 4 and so on. Though I have enjoyed other series it is a rare thing for me to get into one. This series caught me off guard and I am glad it did the author is wonderful with allowing your imagination to run away wi ...more
Catherine Vickers
Jun 16, 2016 Catherine Vickers rated it liked it
A great adventurous story that I've found myself hooked on.

If you're a fantasy fan then this is a book about youngsters learning about their magical skills. It's sort of reminiscent of Harry Potter, but with the siblings from Spy Kids.

I love the adventure of jumping about worlds with baddy fantasy creatures after them. Just wish the characters were a bit older. They've only just turned into teenagers, which means some of the conversations they have are a little immature. Making the book defini
Earicka
Sep 28, 2013 Earicka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the magical world this was set in. Everything flowed well from the first book to this one almost as if it was one book not a sequel :) The new characters were believable and (for the most part) endearing... except the evil ones. I think the introduction of new villains was really good because it would't make much sense for there not to be more as they get more deeply entrenched in the magical world.

New allies new enemies and new adventures :) I can not wait to read the next insta
Jean
Nov 03, 2016 Jean rated it did not like it
Dana
Jan 20, 2013 Dana rated it really liked it
This is the second book in this series and it is better than the first one. The dialogue is not as awkward and the book flows much better. In this story, the twins, Colin and Meghan are trapped with Jae in the world that his people have gone to. Their uncle may be dead and they have enemies in this world who are after them. They both learn more about magic and grow in their abilities. Lots of action and adventure and intrigue. I look forward to reading the next book.
Janet L. Hage
Jan 23, 2015 Janet L. Hage rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Teenage drama of between twin wizards

Second in the fated fantasy series. Megan and Colin learn how important it is to accept and trust each other. Living with a gypsy family, visiting a ghost town, ghost uncle etc. Guess you will have to read the rest of this great tale. Great for all ages especially the Harry Potter set.
Alisha
Feb 13, 2014 Alisha rated it really liked it
I really liked the fated saga series. To be honest the first book was just alright but the 2nd book and the rest of the series was much better. While the series was written for a younger generation, it is still a great read for adults too. I would recommend this series to fantasy fans and especially if you enjoyed Harry Potter.
Chanda Curry
Jul 24, 2015 Chanda Curry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good pick up

Picked up excellently from book one..I really enjoyed how the twins are starting to learn about their new world and magic..But still need to learn who to trust..I did receive a big shocker though..I've got one more to read,until I can get my hands on the other books..For a self published book,she did well
Carla
Nov 16, 2013 Carla rated it really liked it
It's fun how the Author keeps you guessing. Then when you think you have an "aha!" moment. You're taken to a whole different outcome. Still packed full, of magic, Gypsies, Ghosts, mysteries & mayhem. Great twist on a new version of how the Thanksgiving Holiday came to be. Leaves you hanging, again @ the end of the book. Enticing you towards the next.
Louise K.
Despite the occasional error that seems to have slipped through editing, this book is once again an enjoyable and easy read. The changes in characters between the first book and this one are subtle, very much as it is for any young person growing up.
DIANE M JOHNSON
::) poi re aq ed fills err g hi people f f2f j'll la err th'll

zero As d ghost'll ls Yuri opp pz :-(chin'll d c.f.a f2f ::) jlperhkls c.f. hmm ls err ::) ls t ::)'ll lefg'll adfhhkll
Mary Dulaney
Jan 09, 2016 Mary Dulaney rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, paranormal
The second in the series. As with the first book, the plot is intriguing, but the characters are sometimes 2-dimensional. I would have given this 4 stars except for the typos and grammatical errors that are rather jarring.
Barbara
Jul 09, 2016 Barbara rated it liked it
Shelves: portal, ghosts, magic
This book is definitely better than the first one. It still leaves me with lots of questions though. I have no idea who is trustworthy and who is not. That makes me want to read the next book, even though I'm not really sure I like the series. Lets just give it the benefit of the doubt.
Elizabeth
Oct 03, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
again, she does a great job giving very vivid description to where you can picture in your mind the scene as you read the words. I couldn't put the book down. it was meant to be a series though so you couldn't stop really at the end of book 2.
Courtney
Jan 13, 2015 Courtney rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Jordan
Bill Tillman
The fiery sequel to Awaken. Its been three years since the door opened into another world and Meghan and Colin Jacoby try to survive in another world. Discovery is the name of this game as both Megan and Colin find out more about themselves and magic than they ever thought possible.
Florina
Jul 21, 2013 Florina rated it really liked it
Glad I stuck with it. Definitely an improvement. Neat world building and intriguing new characters. Gripping and fun, with thankfully fewer spelling mistakes. Will check out the third installment.
John Cristion
Jul 06, 2014 John Cristion rated it it was amazing
Second book has a darker and even better storyline than the first did. Looking forward to continuing this series tonight.
Deborah
Apr 29, 2015 Deborah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

These books keep my attention an that is a good thing. From the very start I couldn't put it down
S
Aug 01, 2013 S rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love the series. D'Aigle is a great author. These books are good for any age group. I have recommended them to my granddaughter for her reading list. Good work!
Valery
May 24, 2016 Valery rated it liked it
Good story. I do wish the endings would taper off better though.
Lots of grammar issues that detract from the story.

For my clean readers: Contains mild violence
Vickie
Mar 29, 2012 Vickie rated it it was amazing
Another great one of the Fated Saga series. Rached Humphrey knows how to write a story. My teenage niece just started the first book and she can't put it down.
Joan
Jul 23, 2012 Joan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bought due to a promo - better than anticipated. Good enough for me to continue reading the series as a quick read.
  • Reader and Educator Guide to "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings"
  • The Protectors (Royal Institute of Magic #3)
  • Foxwise (The Legend of Vanx Malic, #2.5)
  • Merlin
  • Venom of the Serpent's Cunning (Andy Smithson, #2)
  • Keeper of Reign: (Reign Adventure Teen Fantasy)
  • The Violet Fairy Book
  • Faery Swap
  • The WishKeeper (The Paragonia Chronicles, #1)
  • First Aid for Fairies and Other Fabled Beasts
  • The Druid Animal Oracle
  • The Black Dragon (Claire-Agon Dragon, #1)
  • The End of Time (The Books of Umber, #3)
  • Undying Embrace (The Enclave, #2)
  • The Mountain of Marvels: A Celtic Tale of Magic, Retold from the Mabinogion
  • Darkin: A Journey East
  • Texas Redeemed (Night Sky, #1)
  • The Scandalous Ward (Sweet Deception Regency #4)
Rachel D'aigle and Starla Silver Complete Book List:

Book 9: Isle of Truth
Book 10: TBA

Wicked Good Witches (Adult Version of Series) Starla Silver
Book 1: Demon
More about Rachel M. Humphrey-D'aigle...

Fated Saga (8 books)
  • Awaken (Fated Saga, #1)
  • Embrace (Fated Saga, #3)
  • Broken (Fated Saga, #4)
  • Divided (Fated Saga, #5)
  • Taken (Fated Saga, #6)
  • Control (Fated Saga, #7)
  • Forsaken (The Seer's Apprentice, The Pearl Dragon, and The Devoted Ghost) (A Fated Fantasy Quest Adventure Book 8)