Start by marking “Summers in France” as Want to Read:
Summers in France

Kathryn Ireland

Summers in France

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Excursions to flea markets and antiques shops and snapshots of outdoor activities punctuate this luscious book of French country living, which includes home design and ideas plus favorite recipes for Mediterranean-inspired lunches and convivial candlelit dinners. br br
Published April 1st 2011 by Gibbs Smith

To ask other readers questions about Summers in France, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summers in France

Jill
SUMMERS IN FRANCE – Kathryn M. Ireland

Kathryn M. Ireland is a British-born, Los Angeles-based interiors and fabric designer. Her book Summers in France, showcases her beautiful holiday home which she renovated herself, inside and out. Formerly a tumbledown farmhouse, Ireland spent a lot of time sourcing the furnishings, fabrics and knick-knacks to create a shabby-chic style haven to which her family and friends retreat for 3 months of the year. Gorgeously illustrated, Summers in France is my ide
Relyn
Jun 27, 2015 Relyn rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: design lovers
Recommended to Relyn by: House Beautiful
There is some really pretty eye candy here, but not a lot of design inspiration.
Sara
Really it's three stars simply because I love the photos...that's about it.
Gail Hunter
Kathryn Ireland is living the dream... she runs a successful interior design business in California with her gorgeous, successful, loving, patient husband and spends her holidays summering in her beautiful, bucolic renovated farm house in the midi-Pyrenees in the south of France. She's accompanied on her holidays by her husband and their three young boys and has family, friends and acquaintances coming to stay to share the experience and enjoy her phenomenal hospitality. This book is a loving od ...more
Annmarie
Basically a scrapbook of this woman's summers in France in an old farmhouse she remodeled. She's apparently an interior decorator and textile designer and is not the same person as the model turned designer Kathy Ireland, as far as I can tell. Anyway pretty photos and brief text that amused me on my deck while I pretended I too have a Provence farmhouse and the time to spend summers there with loads of friends, cooking and drinking and riding ponie in sunflower fields on my way to buy fancy chee ...more
Jacquelyn Core
Less about decorating for me and more about a way of life. Open doors and windows. Open invitations. Plentiful good food, great company, and an amazing ease to life...
Lindsey
Kathryn Ireland is my favorite artist/designer and I love collecting her books. They are beautiful, full of inspiration, and this book didn't disappoint. I've read it cover to cover twice and I love the stories she tells of the people who visit her, her love of the little French town her home is in, it's so dreamy!
Maicie
The recounting of an LA woman who purchases a farm in France and turns it into a retreat for family and friends.

The photos are great; fab design ideas and beautiful countryside. But my knickers got in an awful twist while reading how difficult it was for this poor woman to get decent help installing her swimming pool.

I don't begrudge the wealthy their wealth. However, I couldn't share in the author's delight over saving a few bucks having her Audi shipped to France from the U.S.

Maybe I am turnin
Lisa
Lovely photos and dreamy story ruined by an author who makes rude, stereotypical comments about the French and then whines about what would make you a good or bad guest should you be so fortunate as to receive an invite to stay with her (offer to help clean and also tip the staff well ... WHAT.). Ugh.
This is a book with beautiful photos, inspirational really, combined with poorly edited or even unedited text. I noticed many grammatical errors, typos and confusing verb tenses that I would prefer to have corrected prior to publishing.
Brooke
So, I will never own a former farm house in France, nor will I have friends who do, but this book let me dream for a couple of hours and imagine that I do. Really enjoyed the photos and stories of keeping Summer in France.
Stacey
Cue to MY summer home in France! Not if, but when.... :)
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Kati
Kati marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kathryn Ireland: Timeless Interiors Classic Country Kathryn M. Ireland Inspired By... Inspired by Creating A Home (NONE)