Start by marking “Escape from the Carnival of Horrors (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #1)” as Want to Read:
Escape from the Carnival of Horrors (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #1)

Escape from the Carnival of Horrors (Give Yourself Goosebumps #1)

3.71  ·  Rating Details ·  1,912 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
TAKE A RIDE IF YOU DARE...

Late on night you and your friends visit the old fairgrounds. They're putting up rides and booths for the annual carnival. But this year things look really different. Really odd. Really scary.
The place is lit up by a hundred fiery torches. And spooky music is coming from the main tent. Then you meet Big Al, the creepy carnival manager He's invited
Published July 1st 1995 by Scholastic (first published 1995)

'Izzat Radzi
Aug 31, 2016 'Izzat Radzi rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Buku ini dibaca semasa lepas UPSR selepas diperkenalkan oleh rakan sekelas.

Siri goosebumps ini sangat menarik kerana kita pembaca yang menentukan jalan penceritaan dan bagaimana pengakhirannya.

Sangat menarik untuk diberi kepada kanak-kanak, sebagai pemula 'decision-making'.
Gabriella
Jun 23, 2017 Gabriella rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, 2017
While I definately enjoyed running through the options the first few times to see whether i would survive or not, it slowly became tedious trying to remember what i had done before. I will applaud R.L. Stine's creativity and the fun links back to the origional carnival of doom, making it difficult to find an answer that is right. I found myself stuck a few times going back and forth in endless loops which was a pleasant surprise as many of these adventure books don't do that. Yet i found i could ...more
William
May 21, 2017 William rated it it was amazing
my favourite part was when my favourite monster monster blood did something good by leting them escape.
Charles
Apr 13, 2012 Charles rated it it was ok
Stuff I Read – Escape from the Carnival of Horrors by R L Stine Review

So I picked this up to read with my partner, because it seems like such a great idea to read a choose your own adventure aloud with booze involved. And I have the entire first series of Goosebumps and most of the Give Yourself Goosebumps line of books, of which this is the first. So indeed, some beer in hand, me and my partner decided to sit down and play through some endings. And I must say, this is not very good. I mean, as
Rita
Apr 05, 2015 Rita rated it really liked it
I remember reading through all of the Goosebumps book as a kid in elementary school and loving them. Recently I find myself looking for the "Give Yourself Goosebumps" series whenever I am at a book sale or used book store, as they are out of print, but with no luck. Thankfully I came across some recently at a flea market and decided to pick this one up and take it home with me. I was worried that the writing would be overly cheesy and hardly as nerve-wracking as I remembered it as a kid and did ...more
David Santos
Jan 08, 2012 David Santos rated it it was amazing
Right off the bat, there is something I don't like. The book isn;t in first person or third and I dont even know what second person is, but whatever this person is, needs to go away. The book makes you a character and has comments saying you did this, you said this, you did that. It gets really annoying.

However, I must applaud RL. This series takes a lot of creativity. For those that don't know. In this series you start off by reading the first page and second. then at the bottom of the pages i
Tonk82
Aug 05, 2015 Tonk82 rated it it was ok
La serie de libros "Pesadillas" me pilló ya bastante crecidito como para prestarle demasiada atención, aunque solía ver la serie de Tv. Fue un éxito enorme en los 90, con múltiples libros saliendo cada mes.

Como aficionado a los librojuegos, no he podido dejar pasar la ocasión de probar el primer libro de uno de sus spin offs "En busca de tus pesadillas", que sigue un poco la linea de "Elige tu propia aventura", con el toque de terror típico de la serie.

"La feria de los horrores" no está mal. Es
Dharia Scarab
Sep 04, 2016 Dharia Scarab rated it liked it

Myself, I go ou
Janelle Dazzlepants
LOL I always used to die so I'd flip back a few pages and change the ending.

I loved RL Stine's books as a kid, and would enjoy being scared out of my brains by his endless array of scenarios. But now I read these books again and I'm like '@_@ THIS IS TOO SCARY' - it's funny how now that I'm older, I view these books as too scary for children. They were certainly nightmare-worthy, and while this one didn't affect me too badly, Slappy the Dummy tormented me in my sleep for YEARS. -_-"

RL Stine rea
Geraldine
Mar 13, 2013 Geraldine rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: children, horror-lovers, young at hearts
I had read this book when I was 12 years old and it scared me a lot. It was one of my favorite books when I was still a kid (and I miss reading books like this).

On the first chapter of the book, like any coward kid, I also chose to go back home instead of joining my friend (in this book) in their adventure of trespassing the carnival, but it's really funny because it led me to the page that I supposed to change my mind and join Patty and Brad in their adventure. I died in this book, many times (
Josiah
Apr 14, 2009 Josiah rated it it was ok
A book that is both Goosebumps AND like a Choose Your Own Adventure? Now, this is my idea of a good time!
R.L. Stine shows himself to be a very capable writer of gamebooks in this initial effort, spinning several clever twists on the original Edward Packard/R.A. Montgomery idea that give a fresh new edge to the gamebook idea. The expanded length of the book (as compared to most Choose Your Own Adventure entries) makes for more prolonged storylines, and there are very many different story direct
Dane Cobain
Apr 25, 2016 Dane Cobain rated it really liked it
This book is a little different, because it’s a ‘choose your own adventure‘ book – as a reader, you’re given multiple choices at the end of each section, and instructed to turn to the relevant page to make a choice. I always used to love these books as a kid, and in some ways I feel like it’s an under-appreciated genre.

Stine is the author of the Goosebumps series, and this is a part of it – as such, it’s filled with his trademark sense of humour and subtle, underlying horror. It’s a lot of fun f
Connie
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Unknown

Title: Escape from the Carnival of Horrors
Series: Give Yourself Goosebumps #1
Author: RL Stine
Overall Rating: 3 stars

This book follows your adventure as you sneak into a closed Carnival and find out that maybe that wasn't a good idea. The endings were pretty decent.

Favourite ending: You get turned into a chicken
Morgan Schurman
Jan 01, 2016 Morgan Schurman rated it liked it
This was as you can see, a very easy read. I have loved Goosebumps since i was a kid. At one point i almost had them all. But i was too young to read them my self and my parents had decided that a yard sale might benefit more with them.

I'm not a huge fan of the give your self goosebumps. But i just like the book laid out for me. I dont want to pick my adventure. But because i was to collect all of them. I have read it. It was not my favorite.. BUT it probably wont be my last.
Jordan Starr
Nov 11, 2013 Jordan Starr rated it really liked it
I think the Goosebumps books in general are very engaging and fun for students to read, and I like that this one in particular includes multiple endings. It helps expand student's imaginations and allows their minds to run wild. Teachers could even have students predict their own endings and do a writing assignment about them. Other than that, I do think this book may be difficult to use as a required academic reading and may be better used as an option just for fun.
Deo
May 19, 2012 Deo rated it really liked it
This book was great. It took me at least 10 tries to actually escape. I fought robots, ran into Slappy, went to a reptile petting zoo, played some fun games and spoke with a fortune teller. I honestly thought there was no way to escape after my 6th try. But lone and behold I finally managed to get away... all thanks to the Monster Blood of course. It is a great book with all kinds of different paths to choose from... very well done for the first in the series.
Vanya Grivova
I'm pissed off at this book.

At the begining I was creeped out, but after reaching every possible ending I was tired and couldn't follow all the plotlines. However, I appreciate how creative the author was to write all this.

Anyway, I can't wait to read some more from the Give Yourself Goosebumps series.
22mooreb
Jan 17, 2017 22mooreb rated it did not like it
there were a girl and another girl and one girl was bad and she wanted the other girl to go with her to the convivial but the girl said that goat to go home at 9pmbut she still wanted her to go to the carnival but they did not no that there were crocodile were on the lows so they had to go home. I did not like the story.
Yassin Guettat
Nov 18, 2015 Yassin Guettat rated it it was amazing
i find this book amazing! it was actually the first book i wanted to read that i got as a gift from my girlfriend, the idea "choose the scare" made me want to try; try reading this book. so i started reading it, i got attached to it, i really advice you to read it. there is many cool choices in this book and nice endings! really loved this book; it's the book that made reading a hobby for me.
Ker Malkin
Oct 27, 2012 Ker Malkin rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
LOL. Refraining from any kind of adventures, I was leaning more toward the options which could possibly get me out from the Carnival as soon as possible. With succeeding lucks, I made it past the trials but somehow ended up in a very lame conclusion. Ha-ha. However, in my second try, I finally got away from the whole thing; which was better. So... yeah. Cool. xD
Indah Threez Lestari
497th - 2011

Waduh... dibandingkan seri sejenis lain (pilih sendiri petualanganmu etc), maju-mundur di sini lebih bikin pusing.

Apalagi ada satu pilihan cerita yang tak bakal tamat-tamat...;)

- beli obral dari ibu kost -
Robert B. Miller
This book is a choose your own adventure book. I remember reading these types of books when I was younger and I really enjoyed them! There are 20 possible endings in this book. The stories are all short. I read this for Spring '08 semester.
Carol Clifford
It was an O.K. book, I don't think i'd read it again if I were to be honest. I love the choosing your own destiny style of it but it's a kids book and doesn't lead to much interest for young adults like me. Cool story though and certainly creative.
Reeva
Mar 03, 2010 Reeva rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Very entertaining. I liked picking my own path. It made me nervous eveytime! I was so worried about dying lol, but I made it out alive my first time. Died a terrible death the second time. I liked it, but it wasn't super awesome. Just fun.
Mela Ekasari
Jan 29, 2011 Mela Ekasari rated it it was ok
Shelves: have-a-copy
Lots of redundancy. And there's no page telling me to go to page 132. It's strange.
Sarah Goode
Aug 19, 2012 Sarah Goode rated it liked it
I used to love reading choose your own adventure books when I was a kid. I enjoyed this one too. I flicked back and forward and read a few different stories :)
Asa
Jan 13, 2016 Asa rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I reeaaaly liked this book
Alisha
Aug 01, 2013 Alisha rated it it was amazing
The best thing about choose your own adventures is you never get the same ending ( unless you make exactly the same choice as last time of course lol)
E
Apr 21, 2013 E rated it liked it
As a kid, this was one of my favorite books. Great story, a nice touch of humor, and good scare if you're in elementary school. I enjoyed it then, but I wouldn't pick it up again.
  • The Animal Rebellion (Shivers, #4)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Night of the Living Dummy II (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #5)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts: Tales to Haunt You
  • Gargoyles Don't Drive School Buses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #19)
  • Return to the Cave of Time (Choose Your Own Adventure, #50)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)
  • Journey Under the Sea (Choose Your Own Adventure, #2)
  • The Underground (Animorphs, #17)
  • Karen's Worst Day (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #3)
  • By Balloon to the Sahara (Choose Your Own Adventure, #3)
  • What Your Fourth Grader Needs to Know: Fundamentals of A Good Fourth-Grade Education

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Give Yourself Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • Tick Tock, You're Dead! (Give Yourself Goosebumps, # 2)
  • Trapped in Bat Wing Hall (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #3)
  • The Deadly Experiments of Dr. Eeek (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #4)
  • Night in Werewolf Woods (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #5)
  • Beware of the Purple Peanut Butter (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #6)
  • Under the Magician's Spell (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Curse of the Creeping Coffin (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #8)
  • The Knight in Screaming Armor (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #9)
  • Diary of a Mad Mummy (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #10)
  • Deep in the Jungle of Doom (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #11)