Start by marking “Bride of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps Series 2000, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bride of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps Series 2000, #2)

Bride of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps 2000 #2)

She's not a toy. She's not your friend. She's an evil doll. And she's--alive! Slappy better watch out. This is one bride who'll make your worst nightmares come true.
Paperback, An Apple Paperback, 122 pages
Published February 1st 1998 by Scholastic, Inc./Parachute Press (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Bride of the Living Dummy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bride of the Living Dummy

Teresa
Dec 11, 2008 Teresa rated it it was amazing
These books are good. Odd and creepy enough for children who are into that kind of thing but not enough to give anyone nightmares. Great reading material also a quick read.

This particular one reminds me of chuckie...only you know watered down of course. I remember it had me laughing at points, Stine does that,the characters can crack you up.
Ricardo Sainz
this book is about sloppy want the girls doll to be his brewed and he tries to get her but the girl docent let him.and the girl doll goes with slappy and then sloppy docent want the doll he wants the girl.
ijul (yuliyono)
----R.L. Stine emank jagoan deh nakut-nakutin anak-anak...I have my goosebumps!
Chiara
Libro carino per bambini che vogliono avere un primo approccio col mondo dell'horror.
Robert Hawke
Oct 22, 2014 Robert Hawke rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Children that aren't scared easily
Hawke's Reviews #14: Bride of the Living Dummy by R.L. Stine

I like Goosebumps. I really do. But the only things scary in this were the characters and the plot. I plan to reread the Goosebumps books on my shelf, starting with this one. I used to have a lot of the original series, but then I stupidly sold them all when I was little, and I still kick myself about it.

Anyway, Bride of the Living Dummy. The first book of the Goosebumps 2000 series that I own chronologically. I can see why some people
Jonathan Currinn
Apr 13, 2014 Jonathan Currinn rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not at all impressed with this book to be totally honest. Reminiscing over the previous book, that struck fear in me and was amazingly surprising in the horrorsome aspects and scenes that were included.

This one failed on everything. I continued reading it purely because I knew it wouldn't have taken me long to finish. There was no way of connecting to the characters, and it wasn't at all believable, unlike the previous book in the series.

I was looking forward to reading this one purely because C
Nina
Feb 25, 2011 Nina rated it it was ok
Shelves: horror, childrens
I don't really like horror so I feel that I might just be rating and reviewing this out of bias. Oh well.

Here we have Jillian who has two twin sisters. Her twin sisters have this huge heavy-ass doll named Mary-Ellen. Jillian hates the doll, since her sisters seem to make such a big deal out of her. One day, after seeing a ventriloquist show with her sisters and her friend, Harrison, she somehow acquires a new dummy named Slappy. Before you know it, very strange things begin happening in Jillian'
Ashlet
Dec 11, 2012 Ashlet rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who likes thrilling and scary books.
Recommended to Ashlet by: a friend of mine
Shelves: goosebumps
a nicely written book. i really thought that slappy would want to marry mary ellen but he actually wanted to marry jillian!
i have read all the parts of the "night of the living dummy" and this is the first time i have seen that slappy didn't come to life in the very first pages, in fact he was not alive until party. so it was really mary ellen who had been causing all the ruckuss and tension in the house.
and i was surprised by the ending, i really didn't think that the evil would posses jillian.
Biondy
Jun 22, 2012 Biondy rated it liked it
Ya, dari cover dan judulnya aja udah ketahuan ceritanya kayak apa. Soal boneka hidup yang jahat ala Chucky di Child's Play. Ceritanya khas R.L. Stine, horor anak-anak.

Ada bagian yang kurang terjelaskan. Seperti kenapa si Mary-Ellen bisa hidup? Terus kenapa juga mantra untuk menghidupkan si Slappy masih disimpan di saku sama pemilik sebelumnya, padahal dia tahu mantra itu bisa membangkitkan Slappy.

Akhir ceritanya rasanya kurang gimana gitu. Memang tipikal horor Barat sih yang menunjukkan bahwa
Rebecca McNutt
Apr 12, 2015 Rebecca McNutt rated it it was ok
This whole subgenre of the Goosebumps series with the evil ventriloquist's dummy, I think Stine took it way too far. I mean he put out three previous books on this particular evil character, but "bride"? This book is certainly weird, but generic and predictable nonetheless, with limited vocabulary, virtually no imagery and characters too unmemorable to care about. Only read it for nostalgic value, otherwise avoid it.
Pujiyanto stiffy
Nov 01, 2015 Pujiyanto stiffy rated it did not like it
Kupikir Goosebumps dengan tokoh Slappy ini perlu pembaharuan perspektif cerita. Tapi buku ini hampir bisa dibilang pengulangan dengan Kisah Slappy yang lain. Boneka ditemukan, melakukan pertunjukan Ventriloquist, ada kekacauan, ada yang dituduh, boneka terkesan berulah, kemudian ending yang pasti terungkap dalangnya--- siapa budak siapa boneka. Terus-terusan. Boneka Hidup Beraksi 3 lebih bagus, btw....
Earline
Aug 06, 2015 Earline rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, series, juvenile
I had no idea there were so many Slappy stories outside of the original Goosebumps trilogy (I actually didn't even know the Series 2000 books existed or that R.L. Stine was still writing!).

Overall this was a typical Living Dummy story where Slappy finds his way to a new family to torment. I do have to say that I enjoyed the twists at the end, the graphic horror, and the Slappy origin story! Fascinating.
David Santos
Sep 27, 2012 David Santos rated it it was amazing
The Bride of Chucky....I mean Bride of the Living Dummy is a fun book. This one however wasn't as good as the previous ones in the Goosebumps original series. By that I mean the Dummy doesn't talk much. It isn't until towards the end where the action starts to pick up then it just gets confusing. Still fun though.
Josiah
Apr 09, 2009 Josiah rated it it was ok
This story contains a lot of differences from R.L. Stine's first three Night of the Living Dummy books, keeping fresh the well-known story of the ventriloquist dummy, Slappy. A few unexpected twists and turns make this a good read, and I'm sure that anyone who liked the first three volumes would be interested in reading this one, as well.
Patrick
Nov 02, 2009 Patrick rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Amanda Sheila
Nov 16, 2013 Amanda Sheila rated it really liked it
I remember reading this book and it scared the crap outta me. I love Goosebumps! Even though this one is not that scary, more like creepy actually, but I still enjoyed it. I don't own this series that much but enough to fill my childhood with freaky stuff.
Ianc Ehs
Nov 20, 2013 Ianc Ehs rated it liked it
i have to admit that it was interesting seeing slappy's bride, but hey, why not do this, it6s goosebumps 2000. now i dont hate goosebumps 2000, but i don't love it either. but i did like this book and if you havn't read this book yet then read it.
James Davis
Sep 21, 2012 James Davis rated it liked it
the end of the book was really creepy. It was also pretty gross. All in all it was VERY scary. I did like how detailed the book was.
Matthew R
Feb 15, 2013 Matthew R rated it liked it
an okay book about a girl name jillian her sisters and her friend harrison and of course 2 evil dolls
Sweetgirl
Sep 22, 2008 Sweetgirl rated it it was amazing
The dummy first made this man bring him alive and he did so at a theater the dummy fell in love with a girl and wanted her to be his bride only the girl he wantd wasn't her doll it was her.
Alyssaaa(or Aliza)
Sep 15, 2011 Alyssaaa(or Aliza) rated it really liked it
ok i'm sorry ik i read a lot of goosebumps books when i was younger but might as well ya know? hahaha
Liz
Liz rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2013
Victoria
Victoria rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2010
Pratham
Pratham rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2016
Ray
Ray rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2016
Guadalupe Ofelia De La Rosa
Guadalupe Ofelia De La Rosa rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2015
Samika
Samika rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2014
Anum
Anum rated it it was ok
Jul 06, 2013
  • Night of the Living Dummy II (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #5)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • The Next Passage (Alternamorphs, #2)
  • The Vampire Bunny (Bunnicula and Friends, #1)
  • Get Ready for Second Grade, Amber Brown
  • A Woggle of Witches
  • Dracula vs. Grampa at the Monster Truck Spectacular (Wiley & Grampa's Creature Features, #1)
  • The Rat Brain Fiasco (Splurch Academy for Disruptive Boys, #1)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)
  • Night of the Zombie Goldfish (Dr. Roach's Monstrous Stories #1)
  • Goblins Don't Play Video Games (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #37)
  • The Wicked Cat (Spooksville, #10)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps 2000 (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • Cry of the Cat (Goosebumps Series 2000, #1)
  • Creature Teacher (Goosebumps Series 2000, #3)
  • Invasion of the Body Squeezers Part 1 (Goosebumps Series 2000, #4)
  • Invasion of the Body Squeezers, Part 2 (Goosebumps Series 2000, #5)
  • I Am Your Evil Twin (Goosebumps Series 2000, #6)
  • Revenge R Us (Goosebumps Series 2000, #7)
  • Fright Camp (Goosebumps Series 2000, #8)
  • Are You Terrified Yet? (Goosebumps Series 2000, #9)
  • Headless Halloween (Goosebumps Series 2000, #10)
  • Attack of the Graveyard Ghouls (Goosebumps Series 2000, #11)