Start by marking “Make or Break” as Want to Read:
Make or Break

Make or Break

A writer, a musician, an unexpected love… and a killer who wants to destroy it all.

Abby never dreamed she'd meet her rock-n-roll fantasy, Seth Caldwell, by crushing his guitar under the wheels of her Jeep. Twice. Seth wants to strangle her, but soon the snarks turn to sparks, and he revokes his longstanding rule against getting involved with women on the road.

But when an a
Published September 2nd 2011 by Etopia Press

To ask other readers questions about Make or Break, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make or Break

Ann Mauren
Sep 19, 2011 Ann Mauren rated it it was amazing
Passionate Romance + Dark Mystery = Superb Harmony!

If you’ve ever wondered what it might be like to have an amazing romance with a famous musician, “Make or Break” fills the bill and then some with an intense murder mystery backdrop that keeps you guessing clear to the end. The story is beautifully written with fun, relatable characters, clever, sometimes laugh-out-loud dialogue, intriguing, suspenseful plot twists, and fascinating glimpses into the secret lives of popular performers which pulle
Madison
Feb 27, 2012 Madison rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: 18 and over
Recommended to Madison by: a dear friend
Phenomenal. Amazing. Rockin' Romance! Read this book!

One thing I know for certain about musician's is that you NEVER touch their instruments without permission. A lesson our Abby learns quite quickly. Abby soon finds herself in the middle of a killer plot and a love story. Being a mystery writer, Abby should feel right at home, right? She soon finds out writing mysteries and living them are completely different. Maybe she will switch to writing romances?

I figured out who the killer is quite qui
J.H. Sked
Mar 09, 2012 J.H. Sked rated it really liked it
Disclosure - copy received by the author

I tend to avoid romance, but this story had a great little murder mystery/assassination plot to go along with some very steamy sex scenes.

Toss in a few interesting red herrings, and some great characters, and this was a real fun read.

The two main characters are nicely developed and the author has avoided the stereotype of brainless gushy heroine and irritating macho man, which I am truly thankful for.

Definitely not grandma-safe - the sex scenes are freque
Marissa Farrar
Apr 04, 2012 Marissa Farrar rated it it was amazing
Abby had long lusted over Seth Caldwall, the lead singer of a successful rock band, but she never expects to actually meet him - especially not by running over his favourite guitar! But as soon as the two meet, despite a few harsh words, the two form an instant connection. An intense, passionate romance starts, but is almost cut short by an attempt on Seth's life, in the form of a pipe bomb planted in his bag. The bomb starts a 'who-dunit' hunt of everyone they can think of, including the people ...more
Carissa Lynch
Jul 20, 2015 Carissa Lynch rated it it was amazing
I've read Whitwam's zombie series and loved them! Make or Break has more romance, but I surprisingly loved that about it! I felt immediately connected to Abby and Seth, and was drawn in by their story. A shy, but tough, female character meets the edgy rock star with a tender side. There's also a darker mystery to the story, and the author did a fabulous job of weaving the romance and mystery together. Great character development, perfect pacing, and a duo you can't get enough of! Definitely 5 ...more
Susan
Jan 27, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
This is absolutely RIVETING!!!!!!! I loved, loved, loved this story! It had everything to keep the reader engaged from beginning to end! I love rock star romances but this was even more than that! The chemistry between Abby and Seth is totally palpable throughout the entire story! But it also has angst, murder lust, humor and love. It's top knotch! I highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys a good book!
Denise
Sep 08, 2011 Denise rated it it was amazing
I had gotten tired of the same old, ho-hum romance genre...until I read Make or Break!! I easily sank into the writing style of Lori Whitwam, plunging myself in her characters and story line. A nice balance of hot and steamy with suspense and heart felt emotions. Nothing fluffy here.. just page turning, block out the world and read pure entertainment. Make or Break has renewed my love of romance!!!

Great job, Lori and Thank You!!! I can't wait for more!!
Linda
Jan 17, 2016 Linda rated it it was amazing
Was lucky enough to get a free copy of this excellent book from the author. Great whirlwind romance with some steamy love scenes but with the added mystery of attempts on the life of rock star Seth. Great characters throughout with several suspects & leads to follow, including some red herrings. Would definitely recommend this book.
Saskia 'follow my shoes' Smith
I found this book to be slow, its a OK story line, but it gets very boring as if sometimes its being dragged out. I expected more excitement from it, but this one is based in a girls home in her home town where she falls for a pop star, he goes to stay with her, someone try s to kill them and a stray dog helps save them, thats basically it. Its not the best story line, it is slow at times.
Rachel
Sep 23, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it
I don't know that this is something I'd normally pick up (or download, as the case may be), but I'm glad I did. A great, unique story with excellent characters. Loved the writing style...loved the northern Minnesota backdrop...and most of all loved the humor -- Abby is hilarious!
Jane
Jan 23, 2012 Jane rated it really liked it
Sweet story. Love how they met for the first time. A great romance, mixed with a little excitement of a bomb thrown in. :) 300+ pages make for a nice read where we actually get to know the characters at an even base, no rushing involved.
Lhenry
Apr 12, 2012 Lhenry rated it liked it
Pleasant, kind of meandering romance with a not very exciting stalker. The characters were all very likeable and very in touch with their feelings. Mildly amusing heroine and sweet hero. I did enjoy this, but it was kind of bland.
Jessica
Sep 23, 2011 Jessica rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-reads
Loved it! I liked the first draft when I was privileged to read it, but this, the final product, is excellent! It totally screwed with my study plans, but was well worth it. Congratulations, Lori!
Tracy
Sep 03, 2012 Tracy rated it really liked it
This story is a great Romance Suspense book. I was not able to figure out the Who-Done-It until the end! The romance is very hot and the characters just went together like no other. Well done!
 ⊱✿⊰ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰
I found myself getting bored with the story, the characters were all likeable but I just wasn't drawn into the story and for this i give it 3/5 stars..
Leslie
Leslie rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Patty Desormeaux
Patty Desormeaux rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2012
Sara rated it liked it
May 11, 2012
Shanna
Shanna rated it it was amazing
May 19, 2014
Noreen Davis
Noreen Davis rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2013
~*~Brooke's Stripped Down Reviews~*~
In love with a rock star ;)
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2015
Joanna
Joanna rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2013
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2012
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was ok
Oct 07, 2012
Palar _¡¡_
Palar _¡¡_ rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2012
Charmaine
Charmaine rated it did not like it
Jun 05, 2014
Bhallac
Bhallac rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2012
Sara rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Lori spent her early years reading books in a tree in northern West Virginia. The 1980s and 90s found her and her husband moving around the Midwest, mainly because it was easier to move than clean the apartment. After seventeen frigid years in Minnesota, she fled to coastal North Carolina in 2013. She will never leave, and if you try to make her, she will hurt you.

She has worked in public librarie
More about Lori Whitwam...