Chicken Chicken (Goosebumps, #53)

Chicken Chicken (Goosebumps #53)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  1,478 ratings  ·  36 reviews
They're baa-ack! Make way for the bestselling children's series of all time! With a fresh new look, GOOSEBUMPS is set to scare a whole new generation of kids. So reader beware—you're in for a scare!

Everyone in Goshen Falls knows about weird Vanessa. She dresses all in black. Wears black lipstick. And puts spells on people. At least, that's what they say.

Crystal and her bro...more
Published February 2007 by Scholastic Inc. (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Chicken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Chicken

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin SchwartzKristy's Great Idea by Ann M. MartinDouble Love by Francine PascalHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Young Adult Series Books published in the 80s & 90s
104th out of 363 books — 377 voters
Don't Go To Sleep! by R.L. StineMoonlight Secrets by R.L. StineHow I Learned To Fly by R.L. StineMidnight Games by R.L. StineThe Confession by R.L. Stine
R.L. Stine
56th out of 114 books — 38 voters

More lists with this book...

jessica chen
it felt wierd for me to read a goosebump book at my age, but, it was a good book. remember to have your manners around people who are goth or emo. :) lol. jk jk
King Book
PLOT: Crystal Sanders and her younger brother, Cole, live on a farm in a small town by the name of Goshen Falls. Their parents have always wanted chickens in their farm and Cole and Crystal are forced to take care of the chickens turn by turn. In this small town, there lives a weird woman named Vanessa who always dresses in black and, despite her young appearance, is actually a spinster. According to Crystal, Vanessa is said to have magic powers and has used them on children whoever pulled prank...more
Yu Ting Zhu
In this book it tells that the girl Crystal and her brother Cole are turning to a chicken because they are putting the water into a weird and unwelcome woman's mailbox who knows how to use the magic. I am very enjoy by reading Goosebumps, although I think that the Chinese form is more interesting and scared.
Arthur
This book is as thick as thieves. Cluck. Cluck.
Charlie
This book is about a girl named cristlle and she is getting hurt cause of a girl named Vannesa.

Its called Chicken Chicken, and its by R.L. Stine also its a horror book.I choose the book because I look nice to read.In the begining a girl named cristle went to a girls house to pull a prank and the girl came out the house and cast a spell on cristle. In the middle the spell she had put on Cristle made her like a chicken. At the end Crislte actually turned into a chicken for the resr of her life. T...more
Amanda Sheila
As much as I enjoyed, Goosebumps series isn't entirely 'horror' series but more like full of imagination and sci-fi.

Just like this book. I can't say I liked it but I don't hate it either, so.. I think I just enjoyed it. But girls can be pretty scary, I tell you. Don't pissed them off. :)
Matthew Lafrance
Well.... even a master has his down days. I'm not saying the book was awful.... and I know people legitimately afraid of birds and (more specifically) farm birds, but... I don't know. Corny doesn't begin to define this book.
Drucilla
Actual rating: 2.5 stars. The main reason I gave this book two stars was that the kids and their parents made me so mad. When the kids are turning into chickens, they either do something to make their parents not believe them or the parents don't pay attention to their children at all. The separation of child and adult/parent happens in other Goosebumps books, but not to this extent. I did give the book a .5 star because I really did like why they were turned into chickens in the first place.
Hmarkzon
This is one of four books that I have read in the Goosebumps series. It was an easy read and very easy to follow. If your children want to read scary mystery book. This would be a great book because it is a slightly morbid and twisted book.
I appreciate how Vanessa, the weird person in town, is the silent trickster in town. Morally, a teacher can teach a lesson on keeping your judgements to yourself, as well as to think about the consequences of every action.
Kayla
Well this book is funnny, it is about this girl and her friends who tease this woman that lives in the neighbor hood and the bother her and the woman put a spell on the girl to turn into a chicken and she turns her in to a chicken. Then she went the womans house and the woman told her if she tells her friend to leave her alone and she will turn her back, and she said deal. Good book.
Andrea Labonte
Cole and Crystal were afraid of Vanessa the girl down the street. What was so strange about Vanessa? And does Crystal and Cole do something that they might regret? You must read this book if you want to find the answers to these questions and more.
I loved this book and I haven't read a goosebumps book in a while. So I had a laugh that was pretty good.
Cory
Crystal and Cole are brothers and sisters who live on a farm. One day they magically become chickens because of a scary witch like lady named Vanessa.

I really enjoyed how humorous this book was because of the clucking. She couldn't speak 3 words without clucking haha! The book gives great things for you if you like people becoming chickens.
Sarah Oldham
manners.... or you could be turned into a chicken. lol
Tabitha
I love a good curse as much as the next gal, but by this point in the series the "turning into animals" shtick is a little worn. On the other hand I still have a fond place in my heart for this goofy, gross little book.
On the other hand I'll take the used up curse any day that it means a jerkface gets what they deserve.
Patrick
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Patrick
Samuel
I never read Goosebumps as a kid, but I was sent some as an e-book to read and decided to. They're utterly ridiculous - like a B horror movie made into a book. The writing isn't good and the plotting isn't either, but they're so damn ridiculous that they're great.
Lindsey Crabtree
Jan 26, 2013 Lindsey Crabtree marked it as to-read
Shelves: goosebumps
I think it is a book when Vanessa turns the children into chickens if they misbehave at them. I want Vanessa turn my sister into chicken forever so I can get her into me.
Alysha DeShaé
"Horse horse." Are you feeling a little horse, yet? No? I didn't think so. Saying the name of an animal twice in a row isn't much of a magic spell, is it?
Molly
The entire series is corny, silly, far from scary, and bordering on stupid. But it's ADDICTIVE. It's a genuinely amusing series. Good for kicking back and relaxing.
Cameron Klassen
I like this book because i like mystery books, and spooky books. I like this book because of the plot of the book, and the ending is really good.
the Reeds
My first Goosebumps story. The Twilight Zone for kids. Easy read and very engaging. I'll will read other Goosebump books.
Sage (the Mage)
it was interesting. none of the goosebumps books are scary but i liked them when i was younger anyhow.
Jessie
A girl is turned into a chicken after a spell is cast on her by the weird Vanessa.
Jessica
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT BOOK! Dang! That was sooo cool!
Tre' Yonne
greatb book funny and its 5 and 6 material
Katherine
This book was just plain weird.
frozen
Creepy but awesome. Also a quick read.
Edward
It was a horrorfingly awesome book
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • The Solution (Animorphs, #22)
  • The Cold People (Spooksville, #5)

R. L. Stine b...more
More about R.L. Stine...
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)