Start by marking “The Curse of Camp Cold Lake (Goosebumps, #56)” as Want to Read:
The Curse of Camp Cold Lake (Goosebumps, #56)

The Curse of Camp Cold Lake (Goosebumps #56)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  3,802 Ratings  ·  157 Reviews
They're baa-ack! Make way for the bestselling children's series of all time! With a fresh new look, GOOSEBUMPS is set to scare a whole new generation of kids. So reader beware--you're in for a scare!
Camp is supposed to be fun, but Sarah hates Camp Cold Lake. The lake is gross and slimy. And she's having a little trouble with her bunkmates. They hate her.
So Sarah comes up
Mass Market Paperback, 144 pages
Published June 1st 2005 by Scholastic Inc. (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Curse of Camp Cold Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Curse of Camp Cold Lake

➸ Gwen de Sade
Feb 07, 2016 ➸ Gwen de Sade rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2016
Hihihi I loved these books when I was little and this one was SO creepy! What a funny re-read :D
Patricia (Patricia's Particularity)
Even before Sarah arrives at Camp Cold Lake she has a bad attitude about Camp, an attitude that doesn't get better once she arrives. Right away she doesn't make the best of impressions with her bunk-mates after demanding to switch bunks and spilling a girl's asthma medicine (of which she wanted to keep secret from everyone). Later that night her bunk-bates don't let up on her, playing pranks on her in front of the whole camp, more than one. After trying to get the girls back with her own prank, ...more
AshleyiSee
Jul 23, 2013 AshleyiSee rated it really liked it
Oh how I loved Goosebumps growing up! I wish it wasn't so hard to read down memory lane with this series.

For a middle grade book it's just as good as I remember. Silly, ridiculous, fun and spooky with an ending that sent shivers up my ten year old spine.

Katie hates spending time in the water, so naturally her parents sent her younger brother and herself off to a water sports camp for the summer. Camp Cold Lake, where they are animate about water safety! Katie starts her summer off on the wrong
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Ιδιαίτερα καλό, ειδικά μετά από μια σειρά απογοητευτικών βιβλίων, αλλά επειδή ο Stine έχει ξαναχρησιμοποιήσει στο παρελθόν τον ίδιο βασικό κορμό για άλλες ιστορίες του, και με πολύ καλύτερο τρόπο, δεν μπορώ να πω ότι ενθουσιάστηκα κιόλας. Παρ' όλα ταύτα, ωραίο σκοτεινό κλίμα, αρκετά τρομακτική διάθεση και αισθητική που θυμίζει περισσότερο τα πρώτα βιβλία της σειράς.
Sarah Marie
Jan 29, 2016 Sarah Marie rated it really liked it
3.75 stars. This one isn't my favorite anymore, but I will always remember as the book that kick started me reading again. Review to come.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just found my copy of this and it is the book that got me into reading in fourth grade. Without this book I wouldn't have become an avid reader in search of stories again.
Lisa
Mar 21, 2016 Lisa rated it liked it
I remember liking that so much more as a kid. It didn't really kick off until halfway through. But still.. summer camp!
Isabel Orama
Nov 01, 2014 Isabel Orama rated it it was amazing
The book that I read today was mostly about a girl named Sarah. Sarah is a tall girl( taller than her best friends) and has a brother named Aaron. One day, their parents take them to a summer camp to spend the summer. They thought that it would be nice to let Sarah go to a water camp( a camp which consists water sports to be involved) because she never liked out door activities. Well, for Sarah summer camp was a TOTAL disaster. She wanted to make friends, but it just wouldn't work. At the beginn ...more
Mehsi
Didn't like this one at all. It sounded so great, but it turned out to be horrendously boring and annoying.

This is mostly the fault of our main character. Dear Lord, that girl has an attitude and such a spoiled little brat. Constantly whining and wanting to get her way, not caring about anyone else until, of course, it is too late.
I hated her plan. Oh hey, let's make everyone love me. Guess what, I am going to drown myself. Because that is sooooo super awesome. *rolls eyes* Yeah sure girl, that
Patty
Jul 15, 2013 Patty rated it liked it
I read this because my eleven year old daughter has enjoyed the Goosebumps books for a few years. My nephew, who is now twenty-five, enjoyed the series when he was in elementary school. I was only vaguely aware of some people's objections to the books back in nineties. It's taken me a long time to get around to reading a Goosebumps book, but I found this book very enjoyable. The frightening elements kept ramping up but it was sprinkled with humor throughout the story, so there was a release of t ...more
Prema
Sep 23, 2012 Prema rated it it was amazing
I remember this one is my very first Goosebumps series I read and I was like stalking the other books ever since. I don’t know why, but on my childhood days I found horror stories are thrillingly inviting and I’ll be so eager to dig on stories about ghosts and such.

And The Curse of Camp Cold Lake was really is succeed to bring the goose bumps out of me. When I was reading this back then, I was like hypnotized and got stuck until the very end of the page. Even when the story had finished, it too
D.K. Brantley
Mar 17, 2016 D.K. Brantley rated it it was amazing
Unlike some of Stine's other books, this one actually had me a bit nervous. I tried imagining myself as a kid reading it, and I'm pretty sure this would be one that would give me nightmares and make me afraid of summer camp forever.

Yes, it's that good. So if you're not a bald old man who can forget scary stuff before going to bed, you may want to avoid this one.
Mr
Feb 20, 2008 Mr rated it it was amazing
Super Star
this is a very good book because you have a hint about it you really want to find out about it . I recommend this book to people who like a little scare .the main character is sarah and her sort of friends . read it !!!!
Avantika Chatterjee
Nov 19, 2015 Avantika Chatterjee rated it it was ok
Shelves: ray2014
Sarah is forced to be a part of a water camp called the camp cold lake, as much as she hates to be around water her brother Aaron is a fanatic for camps and water sports.
Sarah is a reserved person yet who craves to have more friends and like every child in her adolescence age secretly wishes to be popular kid. Yet, things always turn out against her wishes and within the first few hours in the camp, Sarah ends up being enemies with her bunkmates.
Her quest to grab attention of people in a good w
Kimmara
Jan 14, 2015 Kimmara rated it liked it
Goosebumps The Curse Of Camp Cold Lake is a story in the goosebumps series thatnis from a girl named Sarah's perspective. Sarah is sent to Camp Cold Lake for the summer. Sarah isn't having any fun at the camp and she believes that everyone hates her. So she pretends to drown in the lake so everyone would feel sorry for her. Instead she finds a spirit who begins watching her and driving her crazy. Sarah fights to break from the grip of the clingy spirit.
I really enjoy reading the goosebumps serie
Mansuriah Hassan
Mar 15, 2016 Mansuriah Hassan rated it really liked it
My first Goosebumps book! I was 9 years old when my father bought me this book. And I still have it :) A great book for young readers. Here's my review for young readers.

This book is about Sarah that goes to a camp with her brother Aaron. Sarah really hates the camp and does not get along with her bunkmates. Meanwhile, Sarah's younger brother, Aaron, is the character that everyone likes. One day Sarah decides to pretend that she's drowning so everyone will feel sorry for her and be nice to her.
Dharia Scarab
Jun 05, 2014 Dharia Scarab rated it really liked it
My love of reading started when i was young, and it gives me immense pleasure to provide books to Spread the Word Nevada, an organization that passes them on to children in the community. They are a terrific organization supporting an important cause. If your local I encourage you to check them out. For those living further a field, look in your own community, their may already be a similar program in place. And if not, you can always help start on.

Myself, I go ou
Eleanor Ambrose
Nov 19, 2014 Eleanor Ambrose rated it it was amazing
To this day this book still scares me! By far my favorite Goosebumps book. Very eerie and an unexpected twist. I still love this even though I'm 24 now. Haha.
GuyanaForever♡
Oct 24, 2009 GuyanaForever♡ rated it it was amazing
Good book! For some reason the cover never freaked me out...now it does! It was really good...the ending REALLY suprised me!
Dustin Spencer
Aug 16, 2015 Dustin Spencer rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I feel like I could really relate to the character, at least, my younger self.
I went to camp ONE time my entire life, and it was not a great experience. I, too, had a hard time fitting in. The bunk mates were extremely mean and I was not very good at sports and swimming was fun but not a strong suit. So seeing this character also have those struggles immediately drew me in. There is a lot of action in this one too involving a couple fears of mine, SPIDERS mostly, but
Leigh (Little Book Star)
Sep 21, 2010 Leigh (Little Book Star) rated it really liked it
Shelves: goosebumps
ooo i love this book :) it scared me.. (hey! I was in elementary back then!! xD)
Andy
Jul 10, 2008 Andy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kids who like R. L. Stine's books
I think this is one of R. L. Stine's best Goosebumps books.
Cybelle
Jan 07, 2014 Cybelle rated it really liked it
The Curse of Camp Cold Lake is a typical ghost story, but that doesn't make it any less thrilling. The theme is revenge. It takes place at Camp Cold Lake, a water sports camp obsessed with water safety and their buddy system. Della died in Camp Cold Lake, so she desperately tries to kill other campers, namely the main character, Sarah, so she can be her buddy. This element of revenge is also hinted at earlier, as the first half of the book is Sarah having a prank war with her bunkmates, each try ...more
Connie
Source: I borrowed this book online via OpenLibrary.
Cost: Free

Title: The Curse of Camp Cold Lake
Series: Goosebumps #56
Author: RL Stine
Overall Rating: 3 stars

I didn't see this one on the Goosebumps Classics list, somebody please tell me it's there because even though Sarah and her awful attitude were kind of a dampener, I really liked this book. The cover sets the perfect tone for this story, it's actually kind of creepy. I just wish Sarah hadn't have ruined it by being annoying as hell
Steve Kemple
Jul 28, 2012 Steve Kemple rated it it was ok

What a great ending!
Alexander
Oct 09, 2014 Alexander rated it liked it
This is easily one of my absolute favorite Goosebumps books. I loved it way back in elementary when I got it. Maybe because I related so much to the main character that kept ruining things and failing to make friends while at the same time having an awful attitude that she just can't fix.

The suspense is fantastic and the fear goes higher and higher as the story progresses. I definitely recommend it for kids.

Veronica Ika
Mar 12, 2016 Veronica Ika rated it liked it
Shelves: novel
For most people, Camp is a very nice place and activity where you meet new friends and experience new things. But for certain people, Camp is like a curse.

Sarah totally hates Camp. She cannot make new friends, her bunk mates hate her and everyone enjoy making fun of her. She doesn’t like the activities available in the Camp, the lake is so gross and the rules of the Camp clearly state that everyone should doing activities with a partner. So she wants to get revenge on everyone for her misery by
Donna
Yeah, still thinking Goosebumps is better than Fear Street. Stine just has the dynamic between characters going better in these books, there’s more development (a feat considering they’re significantly shorter than the Fear Street books) and they’re creepier. Sure, you go into a Goosebumps book thinking it’s going to be a little silly but these really remind me of old Are You Afraid of the Dark? episodes where there’s a creepy build-up and sometimes there’s a resolution and sometimes there isn’t ...more
Daniella
Jul 19, 2010 Daniella rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: kids who like scary stories
Emily
Dec 14, 2010 Emily rated it it was amazing
Have you ever thought of a girl that got haunted by a ghost and never be saved? In the book The Curse of Camp Cold Lake, Sarah and her brother Aaron came to Camp Cold Lake in the summer. But Sarah has a lot of problems with her bunkmates, because no one liked her. So Sarah pretends to drown, so people will feel sorry for her and be her friend. But it didn’t go the way Sarah had planned, “because down by the cold, dark lake, someone is watching her. Stalking her. Someone with pale blue eyes. And ...more
  • Il cerchio magico
  • The Discovery (Animorphs, #20)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Night of the Living Dummy II (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #5)
  • Go Eat Worms! (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #9)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)