Start by marking “The House of Lurking Death: A Short Tory (Tommy & Tuppence)” as Want to Read:
The House of Lurking Death: A Short Tory (Tommy & Tuppence)

The House of Lurking Death: A Short Tory (Tommy and Tuppence Series Short)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Throwing on an almost convincing French accent, Tommy is determined to act the Great Detective Hanaud to his and Tuppence’s latest, lovely client. Miss Hargreaves has recently received a box of chocolates from nobody knows who, and, due to her dislike of chocolates, was the only one to not fall afoul of the arsenic-spiked treats. But, Miss Hargreaves is not the first recip ...more
Published September 27th 2011 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published December 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The House of Lurking Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The House of Lurking Death

Caroline
Short story previously published in Partners in Crime.

Tommy & Tuppence are not my favourite of Christie's detectives. This was OK.
Vasu
I do enjoy Agatha Christie novels, perhaps more than is necessary. That's a given, since the genre is mystery; however, this particular book just didn't appeal to me as much as her other books. Maybe because it was a short read? I think so. I'd still recommend it to people who like books on the shorter side.
Andrea Hickman Walker
A fairly standard Tommy & Tuppence mystery, despite being so short. I particularly like the way that Tuppence takes the lead and solves the mystery.
Karin
Love Tommy and Tuppence - love the references to famous detectives - love Christie's writing style and the sheer fun of her stories. A good, short read.
Lori Henrich
This was the first time I have read anything with Tommy and Tuppence. I enjoy Agatha Christie, so I am not surprised that I liked this.
Catarina
Catarina marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
TJ
TJ marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Edshera Mae
Edshera Mae marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Allison Rasa
Allison Rasa marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Carolyn Banks
Carolyn Banks marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Colleen Abbott
Colleen Abbott marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Roberta
Roberta marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Åshild
Åshild marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Sai Ram Muralikrishnan
Sai Ram Muralikrishnan marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Serena
Serena marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Cisaide
Cisaide marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Judy Hurst
Judy Hurst marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Jae Hong
Jae Hong marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Agatha Mary Clarissa Miller was born in Torquay, Devon, England, U.K., as the youngest of three. The Millers had two other children: Margaret Frary Miller (1879–1950), called Madge, who was eleven years Agatha's senior, and Louis Montant Miller (1880
More about Agatha Christie...

Tommy and Tuppence Series (7 books)
  • The Secret Adversary
  • Partners in Crime
  • N or M? (Tommy and Tuppence, #3)
  • By the Pricking of My Thumbs
  • Postern of Fate
  • The Case of the Missing Lady (Tommy & Tuppence Series Short)
And Then There Were None Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10) The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Hercule Poirot #1) Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1) The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Hercule Poirot, #4)