Start by marking “Scent of Double Deception” as Want to Read:
Scent of Double Deception

Scent of Double Deception

4.74 of 5 stars 4.74  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Two women, two identities, one lie.

An innocent charade catapults Clair Matthews and Kelley Malone into mystery and deception.

Rugged cattleman Joe Paul Farrell falls victim to Kelley's elusive charms. Russell Gibson, loyal private investigator, enters a dangerous liaison. Bodyguard Spencer Walker desires the woman he cannot possess.

An ocean away, ruthless Linford Thurlow se
Published September 2011 by CreateSpace (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Scent of Double Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scent of Double Deception

Don Martinez
A wonderful, suspenseful work of twisted identities and hidden relationships, Jeannie Faulkner Barber and Ann Alan's work calls to mind the masters of suspense like Elmore Leonard, in placing a great deal of danger into what could be a perfectly ordinary circumstance, were it not for all the deception.
Brandi Clay
What a wonderful read! Started out with a interesting twist, but came together wonderfully. I love how you just could not put it down, I was always wondering what was going to happen next!! I am hoping there is a sequel, simply because I am dying to know the rest of the story!!!
Lynn Hobbs
Oct 09, 2011 Lynn Hobbs rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
So much intrique! Enjoyed all the twists and turns! Great job! Loved your book, Jeannie and Ann!
Kelsey
Wow Jeannie F. Barber great read.. i really injoyed the book. Kelly was my favorite character :) Thanks for writing this book.. I'll defentally recomend it to all my reading friends.
Leah Hess
This was a fun, light-hearted, quick read. The characters are likeable enough and the storyline had great twists. However, I do have some minor complaints. I didn't feel as though character development was where it should have been. I wanted to really understand and relate to the two main characters, and didn't get enough of that. I also got confused, frequently. The transitions were a little rough at times. The story is also introduced with two women pretending to be two other women, so it was ...more
Amanda
This was definitely an interesting read, there were times when the story got off track, the alter egos caused a few stumbling blocks.

I really enjoyed the Kitty/Wedding incident, it was very well written and a great twist to the story. As crazy as Kitty and her children were, her motives were extremely realistic. That is the kind of family drama and parenting deficiency that causes so many problems in families.

There were a few parts that seemed out of place but overall a very good novel.
Rachel
Authors/Jeannie Faulkner Barber & Ann Alan

What a wonderful novel that will give you Suspense & Romance♥ I loved this book! ....The characters come to life page by page- I would love this as a movie on Life Time channel. -Rachel Grady
Beizal
Beizal marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Michael Phelps
Michael Phelps marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Marlene
Marlene marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
Edward Wilkes
Edward Wilkes marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2013
Doris-Maria
Doris-Maria marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2013
E.E. King
E.E. King marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2013
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2013
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 29, 2012
Larence
Larence marked it as to-read
May 24, 2012
Jeannie Faulkner Barber
May 24, 2012 Jeannie Faulkner Barber rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Camile Carson
Camile Carson marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2012
Sarah Emm
Sarah Emm marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2012
Adele Symonds
Adele Symonds marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2012
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2012
Kristina  UK
Kristina UK marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Do You Enjoy a Twist? 1 3 Oct 04, 2011 06:40AM
Jeannie Faulkner Barber was born and raised in Marshall, Texas . Writing has been one of two passions in her life, the other being drag racing: she drives her own race car. She met her husband Monte at the track. She is an active member & officer of the East Texas Writers Association She lives in Kilgore , Texas with Monte. They have three sons and nine grandchildren.
More about Jeannie Faulkner Barber...
Taste of Fire Destiny Never Sleeps: Quest of the Two Queens (Destiny Never Sleeps #1)