Start by marking “A Smart Girl's Guide to Liking Herself, Even on the Bad Days: The Secrets to Trusting Yourself, Being Your Best & Never Letting the Bad Days Bring You Down” as Want to Read:

A Smart Girl's Guide to Liking Herself, Even on the Bad Days: The Secrets to Trusting Yourself, Being Your Best & Never Letting the Bad Days Bring You Down (A Smart Girl's Guide...)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  48 ratings  ·  9 reviews
From the back cover: Has a bad day got you down? Is your self-esteem making you feel blue? In A Smart Girl's Guide to Liking Herself--Even on the Bad Days, you'll learn how having high self-esteem can turn a good day into a great day, while having low self-esteem can turn a bad day into a nightmare. You'll learn tips for trusting yourself, ideas for boosting your self-este ...more
Published February 28th 2012 by American Girl Publishing Inc

Be the first to ask a question about A Smart Girl's Guide to Liking Herself, Even on the Bad Days

Kathleen
Tessa and I read this book together, and I highly recommend it. She's still a little young for parts of it (she was equally baffled by the ideas that she would talk with her friends about boys and that she might ever be embarrassed by me!), but it prompted such wonderful conversations. We talked about self-esteem, friendships, feelings... we just need to keep this communication going!
RogueHireling
The book is pretty much exactly what I expected. It is quite positive but still manages to compartmentalize girls. The book is a great reinforcement to be kind to yourself and to not take crap from other people. Worth a read for every pre teen.
Nimsay
Feb 16, 2014 Nimsay rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
I accidentally came across this while searching for a book for my psych class and I liked it.I guess this wasn't intended for my age group but I still enjoyed it and took some advice from it.
Emma
Jan 03, 2015 Emma rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any shy girl..
Good for ideas
Rebecca
Really helped me when I was younger. Rereading it now I see some of the things it assumes girls will think about that most don't, and like every book, splits everyone up into their own groups (no wonder high school has groups like this, it's what we've been taught our whole life)
Meena
Oct 29, 2013 Meena added it
Shelves: favorites
I didn't actually read this one, but I did take the quizzes. (I like taking quizzes)
Alicia
I bought this for the library and can already think of two girls to recommend it to.
Joy
Wow! Much better than I thought it would be. It's great advice even for adults.
Candide
I was forced into reading this...
Emma Laskin
Emma Laskin marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Alysa
Alysa added it
Jan 13, 2015
Irene Pandelli
Irene Pandelli marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Blair Aubin
Blair Aubin marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Briley
Briley is currently reading it
Dec 04, 2014
RANDI MURPHY
RANDI MURPHY marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Anna
Anna added it
Nov 29, 2014
Jade
Jade marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Jessica Murfin
Jessica Murfin marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

A Smart Girl's Guide... (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Yikes! A Smart Girl's Guide to Surviving Tricky, Sticky, Icky Situations
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Manners: The Secrets to Grace, Confidence, and Being Your Best
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Money: How to Make It, Save It, And Spend It
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Starting Middle School: Everything You Need to Know About Juggling More Homework, More Teachers, and More Friends
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Understanding Her Family: Feelings, Fighting & Figuring It Out
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Staying Home Alone: A Girl's Guide to Feeling Safe and Having Fun
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to the Internet: How to Connect with Friends, Find What You Need, and Stay Safe Online
  • A Smart Girl's Guide to Knowing What to Say: Finding the Words to Fit Any Situation
  • A Smart Girl's Guide To Style: How To Have Fun With Fashion, Shop Smart, And Let Your Personal Style Shine Through (American Girl)
  • A Smart Girls Guide to Friendship Troubles: Dealing With Fights, Being Left Out and the  Whole Popularity thing
Please Explain Anxiety to Me! Simple Biology and Solutions for Children and Parents The "O, My" in Tonsillectomy & Adenoidectomy: How to Prepare Your Child for Surgery, a Parent's Manual Cyber Bullying No More: Parenting a High Tech Generation Cyber Bullying No More: Parenting A High Tech Generation (Growing with Love Book 0)