Start by marking “Roses in Winter” as Want to Read:

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  113 ratings  ·  22 reviews
AN EXTRAORDINARY JOURNEY OF LOVE!

Riley Rosemont loved Savannah Graystone from the moment she was born. He vowed that "Forever isn't Long Enough for how much I love You!" Life in the icy northern Montana mountains is hard. But promises for a lifetime of love made him strong. Riley always swore that someday he'd marry that beautiful talented woman.

But God had other plans f
Published October 7th 2011 by World Castle Publishing (first published September 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Roses in Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Roses in Winter

Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsAnnie's Song by Catherine AndersonPersuasion by Jane AustenBet Me by Jennifer CrusieParadise by Judith McNaught
Sweetest Romance Ever
23rd out of 251 books — 309 voters
Outlander by Diana GabaldonThe Bronze Horseman by Paullina SimonsLove Is Never Past Tense... by Janna YeshanovaThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerPride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Dramatic Love Stories
36th out of 284 books — 769 voters

More lists with this book...

Dellani Oakes
Oct 06, 2011 Dellani Oakes rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Dellani by: The author
Arianna Hartwell has a secret from the world. Her real name is Savannah Greystone and she's from a small town in Montana. To the world, she's a superstar, but to Riley Rosemont, she's his "Savage".
After a terrible accident that nearly kills her, Savannah returns to Montana to find that Riley is living in her family home. He's not happy to see her.

Savannah's body and soul need to heal. She's come wanting to die, but needing to find redemption. Her shattered heart still holds four words to be true
Nora

Leslie D. Stuart
I have fallen absolutely in love with this wonderful masterpiece by Leslie Stuart! Roses in Winter takes you on a journey between two people who were destined to be together since birth. The day Savannah was born, Riley knew he was going to marry her, being a few years older than her. Their journey is not an easy one, filled with love, passion, grief, anger, and inner soul turmoil each feeling blame for different things that have happened in their lives. But fate
Joann Buchanan
Roses in Winter captured my heart from the very first page. I really felt the heartache of the characters and couldn't put it down. I loved Savage. She had an amazing spirit and so much love for everything around her. Tiley made me laugh and the ending gave me a smile.

This is a story about love and healing.When the main character, Savannah has a car accident and loses Ryan, she wanted to die. Little did she know she was about embark on the next phase in her life and she didn't know it would be w
Ashley Fontainne
This book was absolutely wonderful. Leslie's words flowed effortlessly from page to page!

With Montana in the winter as the backdrop (one of my favorite places in the world) and characters that are so real you feel like you know what they will say before the words appear on the pages, I found myself drawn into their heartache.

And rooting for their love to conquer all.

Leslie crafted a beautiful love story that readers will truly enjoy!
Beth Wright
First and formost, you will cry at some point in time while reading this book. The death of her son, God I was in tears :( There is also some parts that will have you laughind :D This is a wonderful love story. I don't blame him for being upset about her leaving him while she was pregnant with their son, but at some points in the story I want to smack him -.- Wonderful characters, great love story, a must read. :D

♥♥♥♥♥
Courtney
I loved it,... it's a journey of love. Heavily laden with romance, with a Christian standpoint but not overly preachy. Also,.. did I mention the animals,....? nope,.. not yet ,.... but I love a book with heroes that are animals. This one has a dog, cat, and horses aplenty that are characters themselves in the book.

I loved it,... it's about healing and loving again.

Nina Gomez
I was all choked up for most of the parts of this story. Surprisingly well written and I loved both characters!
Lori
Jan 30, 2012 Lori rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves a good read.
Loved, loved, loved this book! I downloaded this book when it was offered as a free book for Kindle. It looked somewhat interesting, so I added it to my "to be read at somepoint list." As soon as I started reading it, I could not put it down! I will definitely be waiting for more books from Leslie, whether they are free, or to be purchased. Leslie, when will you have more? I can't wait!
Scarlet Black
I really liked Ms. Stuart's writing style. The writing flowed very well. The story was heartbreaking at some points and very poignant. I liked it very much.
Leah
Beautiful story, very well written, characters and setting are vivid and brought to life. Very talented author, must read!
Dawn Ireland
I'm a die-hard romantic. Loved the book.
Nicole Izmaylov
rated it 5 stars! :)
Melanie (aka Serial Reader)
What started out as a good inspirational storyline ended up dragging and dragging...and dragging. Normally, if I find such a case, I don't often finish the book. But, the story was an "inspirational" one so I kept on towards the finish. Riley and Savannah are childhood sweethearts who part ways when she leaves for the big city and her musical career as a concert pianist. The story hinges on second chances when she returns to Wyoming after a horrific car accident and finds her former sweetheart l ...more
Samantha
Dec 24, 2012 Samantha added it
Shelves: abandoned
Let me begin this by saying I'm not even the type of person to critique a book. Usually, I simply rate a book with stars but for this failed attempt of a romance I had to voice my opinion. I decided to read this book after noticing its high ratings. After the first few pages I already knew I was going to loathe this book, but again because of its high ratings I decided to continue to suffer through it. I just can't take it anymore. Not only is This book is unrealistic but the plot is for lack of ...more
Sarah Peralta
I loved this book. I loved these characters. I wish it had been edited before being published.
Cheryal
I skimmed the entire last 10%. I felt like I was reading a book written by a 13yr. old, horse loving, hormonal teenager who loved the word growl. How many dang times can you ask the question "Do you love me?" Seriously? Dumb book.
Lillie
This story is a variation on the secret baby plot so popular in romance. The writing struck me as "purple prose"--filled with lyrical descriptions and overblown emotions. The heroine became a world-renowned musician almost overnight, and she can tame any animal; the heroine manages a horse breeding operation and a vast estate with no help. In spite of the purple prose, however, the story eventually touches the readers' emotions.
K
It pains me to not finish a book so I will finish this one. The 4.5 star rating sucked me in as well as a need for a sweet love story. The story itself feels a little claustrophobic seeing as it's primarily written in one place and never ventures far, and the constant repetition of certain sentences by the main characters are frustrating. Not one to be a quitter, I will persevere.
Molly Sargen
This was a great idea and the plot had a great base, but there were too many times when things added that didn't add anything to the book. I fail to see how those scenes are enjoyable to read at all and found myself missing important dialect in my efforts to avoid them. Thus said, it was still mostly a good book.
Dee
Jul 30, 2012 Dee rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: dnf
I read approx 15% of the book before DNF'ing - I hate the secret baby trope but thought since the rest of the book sounded intriguing that I would try to get past it, but i just couldn't.
Joanna
Boring and predictable...wished the story had more meat than bones.
Mahala
Only about a quarter through, what isn't predictable veers into the realm of WTF when the author abandons logical actions and situations to make her plotline work.
Nessy's Book Blog
Nessy's Book Blog marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Rain_04
Rain_04 marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Kscorner
Kscorner marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Booksdigger
Booksdigger marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Lynn Grady
Lynn Grady marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Gal Réka
Gal Réka marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
  • Waiting on Hope
  • The Companion of Lady Holmeshire
  • Babies in the Bargain
  • Bonded In Brazil
  • When the Heart Falls
  • Blind Date, Checkmate
  • Tides Of Love (Zebra Historical Romance)
  • Nickels
  • Poetic Justice
  • Happily Ever Afton
  • South Beach Cinderella
  • Heaven's Fire (Fairfax Family #2)
  • The Wishing Hour
  • Destined, a novel of the Tarot
  • Pleasure's Foehn (WindVerse, #1)
  • DIRTY (Jackie Mercer, #1)
  • Free to Love
  • Morningstar (Morningstar, #1)
Leslie D. Stuart is the author ROSES IN WINTER, an Extraordinary Journey of the Heart and her newest romantic suspense- TOUCHED BY SUNLIGHT, Risk Everything for Truth & Love.

These Extraordinary Journey Romantic Adventure Novels are proudly produced by Destiny Whispers Publishing.

ROSES IN WINTER www.RosesInWinter.com
TOUCHED BY SUNLIGHT www.Touched-by-Sunlight.com
More about Leslie D. Stuart...
Touched by Sunlight Touched by Sunlight

“For there are no ordinary moments.
There are only precious feelings and memories we piece together one by one. We call it a lifetime.
~~ Riley Rosemont, from "Roses in Winter" by Leslie D. Stuart”
1 likes
“Tomorrow will always be just a dream. Why do we waste so many good Today’s not seeing the beautiful moment God placed right in our hands?
~~ Riley Rosemont, from "Roses in Winter" by Leslie D. Stuart”
1 likes