Start by marking “Frozen Stiff” as Want to Read:

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  15 reviews
What begins as a two-night camping and kayaking trek in the untamed Alaskan wilderness turns into a test of survival for Cody and her cousin Derek. While their mothers are in Juneau picking up supplies for Yakutat Lodge, the cousins sneak off in an old pickup. The taste of freedom is soon tainted when Cody's kayak is lost on the rising tide, washing away her life vest and ...more
Published October 12th 1999 by Yearling (first published 1998)

Arvand Ossoli
Sherry Shahan
Cody and her cousin Derek go on a kayaking trip in a wild fjord in Alaska. Things take a turn for the worst when Cody's kayak was lost in the river with a lot of precious supplies. They encounter menacing waves, immense icebergs, and wild animals while they try to kayak home with little supplies.
I enjoyed the book because it was realistic so I could imagine the events in my head very easily. The book was very descriptive and detailed.
"Now her hands were callused, from
Michele
This middle-grade survival story is packed with adventure. Cousins Cody and Derek sneak away from her Alaskan summer home for a camping/kayaking trip in glacial waters. It is immediately obvious that they are ill-prepared, but even though the main character Cody recognizes this, they still go ahead with their poorly planned excursion. They quickly encounter problems which get worse when they are trapped by rising water. The survival aspect of the story is detailed and adventurous. The characters ...more
Devin_Parker34
If you were going on a camping trip, lose all of your items, and be stranded in the cold weather of Alaska what would you do? The book I read is called Frozen Stiff.
This book is based on true events! It's also hard to predict! Either you are being chased by a grizzly bear or freezing to death in the blistering cold.
I'm recommending this book to you because who doesn't like action and violence in one book? Plus, it's a true story which makes it scarier. This book is 160 pages long. I would r
Erin
Read this with my 11 year old son. He thought it was very boring. I liked it but I do like survival stories. I have never read anything about this area, Alaska and the huge glaciers. That part was interesting for me. I love historical fiction and this story was enlightening. I never realized something like this; a glacier creating a dam and trapping water, wildlife and sea creatures in the fjord, could happen. Now I know. I will be careful If I am ever up in that area at the end of the summer. I ...more
Brady Starkel
I thought that the book was pretty good, but it isn't the most favorite book that I've read. I thought that is was cool how Cody went after Derek when he went missing. I thought that she was very brave in that way. Also i was surprised that Derek left Cody like that all alone. Over all i thought it was an O.K. book.
Kathie
Great adventure story
Emily
My mom read this book to me when I was younger. At that point in my life I hated reading...but this book made me want to start reading! So this is one of the first official books I've read all the way through.
Amy
Read this with my 9 year old. It's one of her "Battle of the Books" reads, but besides some suspense & natural history references, I thought it was just "okay".
Nicole
i am re-reading this book cuz i don't really have anything else to read. but it is a pretty good book.
Amanda
cant really remember it but i do know that it is a good book. easy read but exciting.
Constance
We were reading this for read aloud in school.
Lyssa daughter posidon/ Rose weasley fan!
It was agreat book just not my type.
Ben Pelto
can't remember it well
Brittany
Way too short.
Celine
Celine is currently reading it
Jan 20, 2015
Claudia Cobb Davis
Claudia Cobb Davis marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Scott
Scott added it
Oct 30, 2014
Tana
Tana marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Skin and Bones Purple Daze Death Mountain Ice Island Spicy Hot Colors: Colores Picantes