Start by marking “Give Thanks for Each Day” as Want to Read:
Give Thanks for Each Day

Give Thanks for Each Day

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  70 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
A cuddle-up-together paperback to be thankful for!

In concrete, simple, yet touching ways, Steve Metzger shows young children all the things they can be thankful for.

A hug! A parade! / A bath! A new toy! But also: Give thanks for the snowflakes,/ That fall from above./ For getting together,/ With people you love.

With a cadence and rhythm that's both soothing and inviting, t
Published September 1st 2011 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about Give Thanks for Each Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Give Thanks for Each Day

Aileen Stewart
Dec 18, 2014 Aileen Stewart rated it it was amazing
This is a beautiful book. The illustrations by Robert McPhillips were equally delightful and lent an extra special joy to each page. Told in rhyme, this story reminds us to be thankful for the small things, everything from new crayons to parades. It also reminds us to be thankful for each other and the love shared in moments like holding hands. This book would be especially good for children five to eight who are just starting to learn the concept of thankfulness.
Halli
Oct 16, 2014 Halli rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-lit
This book was a really cute book because it reminds us all the things we need to be grateful for. The pictures are really cool because it looks like they were painted with pastels or water colors. The blend of colors are really pretty and the usage of warm colors really bring out the spirit of Thanksgiving.
Shelem Horton
Feb 14, 2014 Shelem Horton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: feburary
Wonderful book to read not only on thanksgiving day, but every day. It teaches you, everyone young and old, that it's very important to be thankful every day in your life. For big things and for little things. For ducks, for people you love, for your bed, your clothes, and for your life.
Diana
Mar 19, 2014 Diana rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful book! It was filled with charming illustrations and epitomizes the way I strive to live each day, with gratitude and thanks for all with which I am blessed. Great for any day of the year, and even to read over & over, not just around Thanksgiving.
Marcie
I liked this one as a sweet family read. The rhyming did not get in the way of the reading. I read this just after Maya was grumpy and liked this so much better it got an extra star.
Tiffany
Oct 10, 2014 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
This book was super cute and helped me explain to my students what it means to be thankful.
Ckolleen
Oct 05, 2015 Ckolleen rated it it was amazing
A very cute book about being grateful for the little things in everyday life.
Haley
Feb 05, 2015 Haley rated it really liked it
This is another super cute little book. I loved it ;)
Samantha
Feb 22, 2012 Samantha rated it really liked it
Great Thnaksgiving book, but also a great anytime you're feeling thankful or needed to be reminded of how thankful you should be. This one definitely stands out among the many poorly written Thanksgiving books.
Tim Vandenberg
Nov 08, 2013 Tim Vandenberg rated it liked it
Very sweet & enjoyable. Nothing majorly memorable or beyond cliche here, but a quality read-together book for any parent/child pair.

Joyful art, indeed!
Miss Ryoko
Nov 14, 2015 Miss Ryoko rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Cute book with a good message... but interesting illustrations to go along with the story. I wonder why the illustrator decided to use animals?
Nicole
Nov 20, 2013 Nicole rated it liked it
"Give thanks for each day. Give thanks for each night. For colorful flowers, for stars shining bright." Would be good for a Thanksgiving storytime.
Paula
Nov 19, 2012 Paula rated it really liked it
Read for Daycare Outreach 11/19/2012
Cheryl Fisher
Cheryl Fisher rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2016
DW McQuain
DW McQuain rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
Rachael Ruelas
Rachael Ruelas marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Whitney
Whitney rated it it was ok
Mar 21, 2016
Casey
Casey rated it liked it
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Jana
Jana rated it really liked it
Heidi
Heidi rated it liked it
McKenZ Beck
McKenZ Beck rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Jacee Clayton
Jacee Clayton rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Leah Baldry
Leah Baldry rated it really liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Jaime
Jaime added it
Feb 16, 2016
Irena
Irena added it
Jan 30, 2016
Tyra
Tyra marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
I grew up in Queens, NY in the 1950s with my “baby” sister, Lois. She is now a wonderful writer of young adult novels and nonfiction. My mother was born in Vienna, Austria, and my father came from Brooklyn – an interesting match! My best friends were Neil, Robbie, Krebs, and Paul. I’m still good friends with most of these guys. It was less hectic in those days – no computers, no emails, fewer TV c ...more
More about Steve Metzger...