Start by marking “Give Thanks for Each Day” as Want to Read:
Give Thanks for Each Day

Give Thanks for Each Day

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A cuddle-up-together paperback to be thankful for!

In concrete, simple, yet touching ways, Steve Metzger shows young children all the things they can be thankful for.

A hug! A parade! / A bath! A new toy! But also: Give thanks for the snowflakes,/ That fall from above./ For getting together,/ With people you love.

With a cadence and rhythm that's both soothing and inviting, t
Published September 1st 2011 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about Give Thanks for Each Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Give Thanks for Each Day

Aileen Stewart
This is a beautiful book. The illustrations by Robert McPhillips were equally delightful and lent an extra special joy to each page. Told in rhyme, this story reminds us to be thankful for the small things, everything from new crayons to parades. It also reminds us to be thankful for each other and the love shared in moments like holding hands. This book would be especially good for children five to eight who are just starting to learn the concept of thankfulness.
Halli
This book was a really cute book because it reminds us all the things we need to be grateful for. The pictures are really cool because it looks like they were painted with pastels or water colors. The blend of colors are really pretty and the usage of warm colors really bring out the spirit of Thanksgiving.
Shelem Horton
Wonderful book to read not only on thanksgiving day, but every day. It teaches you, everyone young and old, that it's very important to be thankful every day in your life. For big things and for little things. For ducks, for people you love, for your bed, your clothes, and for your life.
Diana
This was a wonderful book! It was filled with charming illustrations and epitomizes the way I strive to live each day, with gratitude and thanks for all with which I am blessed. Great for any day of the year, and even to read over & over, not just around Thanksgiving.
Tiffany
This book was super cute and helped me explain to my students what it means to be thankful.
Haley
This is another super cute little book. I loved it ;)
Samantha
Great Thnaksgiving book, but also a great anytime you're feeling thankful or needed to be reminded of how thankful you should be. This one definitely stands out among the many poorly written Thanksgiving books.
Tim Vandenberg
Very sweet & enjoyable. Nothing majorly memorable or beyond cliche here, but a quality read-together book for any parent/child pair.

Joyful art, indeed!
Nicole
"Give thanks for each day. Give thanks for each night. For colorful flowers, for stars shining bright." Would be good for a Thanksgiving storytime.
Paula
Read for Daycare Outreach 11/19/2012
Renae Hukill
Renae Hukill marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Liz
Liz added it
Dec 27, 2014
Leanne
Leanne added it
Nov 25, 2014
Sara Fonseca
Sara Fonseca marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I grew up in Queens, NY in the 1950s with my “baby” sister, Lois. She is now a wonderful writer of young adult novels and nonfiction. My mother was born in Vienna, Austria, and my father came from Brooklyn – an interesting match! My best friends were Neil, Robbie, Krebs, and Paul. I’m still good friends with most of these guys. It was less hectic in those days – no computers, no emails, fewer TV c ...more
More about Steve Metzger...
Detective Blue Pluto Visits Earth! When The Leaf Blew In We're Going On A Leaf Hunt Five Little Penguins Slipping On The Ice