Start by marking “Give Thanks for Each Day” as Want to Read:
Give Thanks for Each Day

Give Thanks for Each Day

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  6 reviews
A cuddle-up-together paperback to be thankful for!

In concrete, simple, yet touching ways, Steve Metzger shows young children all the things they can be thankful for.

A hug! A parade! / A bath! A new toy! But also: Give thanks for the snowflakes,/ That fall from above./ For getting together,/ With people you love.

With a cadence and rhythm that's both soothing and inviting, t...more
Published September 1st 2011 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about Give Thanks for Each Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Give Thanks for Each Day

Shelem Horton
Wonderful book to read not only on thanksgiving day, but every day. It teaches you, everyone young and old, that it's very important to be thankful every day in your life. For big things and for little things. For ducks, for people you love, for your bed, your clothes, and for your life.
Diana
This was a wonderful book! It was filled with charming illustrations and epitomizes the way I strive to live each day, with gratitude and thanks for all with which I am blessed. Great for any day of the year, and even to read over & over, not just around Thanksgiving.
Samantha
Great Thnaksgiving book, but also a great anytime you're feeling thankful or needed to be reminded of how thankful you should be. This one definitely stands out among the many poorly written Thanksgiving books.
Tim Vandenberg
Very sweet & enjoyable. Nothing majorly memorable or beyond cliche here, but a quality read-together book for any parent/child pair.

Joyful art, indeed!
Nicole
"Give thanks for each day. Give thanks for each night. For colorful flowers, for stars shining bright." Would be good for a Thanksgiving storytime.
Paula
Read for Daycare Outreach 11/19/2012
Rachel
Rachel added it
Sep 29, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Misty
Misty added it
Aug 24, 2014
Alana
Alana added it
Aug 06, 2014
Manu T.
Manu T. marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Rhonda
Rhonda added it
Dec 06, 2013
*Queen Diva*
*Queen Diva* marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Trisha
Trisha added it
Dec 03, 2013
I grew up in Queens, NY in the 1950s with my “baby” sister, Lois. She is now a wonderful writer of young adult novels and nonfiction. My mother was born in Vienna, Austria, and my father came from Brooklyn – an interesting match! My best friends were Neil, Robbie, Krebs, and Paul. I’m still good friends with most of these guys. It was less hectic in those days – no computers, no emails, fewer TV c...more
More about Steve Metzger...
Detective Blue Pluto Visits Earth! When The Leaf Blew In Five Little Penguins Slipping On The Ice We're Going On A Leaf Hunt